• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Create Your Own Trainer Card.... Trainer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OzzyPkmnTrainer.png

Okay! I revised my Trainer to make him look a little less Roark-like. Any more than this and it'd just require a total overhaul, sadly. :\ Anyways, he's tricked out with a Crate amplifier and a Vox wa-wa pedal now. Can Hedj transparenticize this, please? This is the sprite I'd like accepted. X3
That looks fab, Ozzy, I love the addition of the amp and pedal. The only way I could possibly top that is if I actually pull off the original edit I'd planned a while ago of the rocker trainer's guitar into a Flying V... >_>

Ozzybeans-RockerMale2.png

Here ya go - had to upload it onto my Photobucket (Imageshack loading too slowly)... That's the first use my Photobucket has gotten for a good month at least. XD

That looks fab, Ozzy, I love the addition of the amp and pedal. The only way I could possibly top that is if I actually pull off the original edit I'd planned a while ago of the rocker trainer's guitar into a Flying V... >_>

Ozzybeans-RockerMale2.png

Here ya go - had to upload it onto my Photobucket (Imageshack loading too slowly)... That's the first use my Photobucket has gotten for a good month at least. XD

YUS! Me gusta! Many thanks to you! ^_^ Hedj is the coolest!

The Flying V is gimmicky. I prefer Les Pauls, Telecasters, and SGs, the latter being the guitar in D/P sprites...I THINK. It's a little tough to tell.

I still think he looks like Garth from Wayne's World, though.

Argh, my eyes... This took me at least an hour, I swear. XD

Rozalin.png

I felt inspired by Reia's sprite, and had a go at a Pokémon trainer-style Rozalin (Disgaea 2). I'm pretty damn proud of it too, even if it's a little detailed/differently shaded compared to the average sprite. The arms, hair and details on the dress are custom, the base of the dress was Fantina's (I think that's the name of the gym leader), though I nabbed the head's base from a female swimmer trainer sprite.

*Collapse* x_x

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, it's no burden. ^^ I would've gone to it earlier but I've been a bit busy recently, with having GCSE exams to study for and a performance tomorrow night.

sequelfhitmonleecosplayfa7.png

By the way, Riley and Buck were already made transparent by Blaze:
pkmnriley.png
pkmnbuck.png

Here's yours, R-C-US:
rcusalistoryp8.png

I decided to do Reia's sprites too:
reiajesseht0.png
reiajamesen3.png
reiagardevoircosplayxs2.png

Unfortunately the last sprite you made is a bit too tall to fit 80x80 dimensions, sorry!
Oh, sorry. I was thrown off when he said that he would only help registered members. Thank you very much!

Kiomie, I think you'll need to find a way to enlarge your sprite. It's an edit of Battle Pike Frontier Brain Lucy, right? Those sprites are too small; you'll need to edit a D/P sprite.

I said I was going to make a Nurse Joy and, despite someone else using the waitress sprite for her thus forcing me to be more original, I made a Nurse Joy. Three different hair colors, too, in case you thought mine was off.

NJoyPurple.png

Shit, son, that Nurse Joy is good! I think she looks best with red hair. It looks more...Nurse Joy-ish to me, although I think the most Nurse Joyish color is pink.

When I looked up Nurse Joy in a Google image search, I found her uniform to be light pink with her hair a more reddish pink, or at least a darker pink.

Though I really do like your sprites, I object to you hinting that using other trainers as bases is unoriginal. Sorry if I'm comprehending the message worng, but I take some offense to it because I edited a PI and an Ace Trainer to make Riley and Buck.

Yeah, that's not what I meant to say at all. What I meant to say was that she got the same idea I had and posted the resulting sprite already. Part of said sprite, as well as three others, are included in this Nurse Joy. Care to guess which ones?

Yeah, that's not what I meant to say at all. What I meant to say was that she got the same idea I had and posted the resulting sprite already. Part of said sprite, as well as three others, are included in this Nurse Joy. Care to guess which ones?
I can't really tell, but I apologize. I think one of your sprites will make it through the cut. I'm not sure about my Riley and Buck sprites though, since most of the special NPC's don't use trainer bases.

I can't really tell, but I apologize. I think one of your sprites will make it through the cut. I'm not sure about my Riley and Buck sprites though, since most of the special NPC's don't use trainer bases.

Riley and Buck seem pretty decent, and the red one looks the most original. Couldn't have been easy editing the trenchcoat off a PI, though.

As for the peices of my Nurse Joy:
Waitress (skirt)
Aroma Lady (Torso and Face)
Lass (legs)
Female Galactic Grunt (Hair)
Pop Idol (PokeBall, not that I would expect anyone to have caught that)

Thanks. It's always good to have a reassuring compliment.

And that's quite the clever compilation you've got on Nurse Joy. Best of luck to get it accepted (not that you're gonna need it xD).

Argh, my eyes... This took me at least an hour, I swear. XD

Rozalin.png

I felt inspired by Reia's sprite, and had a go at a Pokémon trainer-style Rozalin (Disgaea 2). I'm pretty damn proud of it too, even if it's a little detailed/differently shaded compared to the average sprite. The arms, hair and details on the dress are custom, the base of the dress was Fantina's (I think that's the name of the gym leader), though I nabbed the head's base from a female swimmer trainer sprite.

*Collapse* x_x

Wow. Just wow. I think that sprite is really great. =D

How did I inspire you? =/ I've never done that before. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hikaru

i got a perfect sprite to use! its like the one guy u have in d/p but he much cooler and he has a dbzish hair style! try to use Hikaru_Ultma.psd... wait how do i get my file to show cuz i got a great file (i hope it shows up but i tried to do that copy paste thing)
oh nvmd i found it

m_d35fd7f04773b3906240760fb017381f.png
My first Team Aqua character concept for my trainer card submission. This is the one I'll be using for my card. The other two are, what the heck, just for you guys. Enjoy if you'd like to use them. This is a retooling of the Pokemon Ranger from D/P.

m_58d190d151230d091791ec747da8a26f.png
My second Team Aqua character concept. It's a retooled veteran trainer, made to look younger and more Team Aqua official.

m_ec1f941a0bf8c413b364ec9c37aed659.png
My third Team Aqua character concept. I was going for a power-armor sort of look for no real reason. I snagged a Mega Man X villain because I love the whole anchor weapon.

i got a perfect sprite to use! its like the one guy u have in d/p but he much cooler and he has a dbzish hair style! try to use Hikaru_Ultma.psd... wait how do i get my file to show cuz i got a great file (i hope it shows up but i tried to do that copy paste thing)
oh nvmd i found it
im trying to put on my image... how do i do that? i keep trying (oh and hikaru is me)
i hope that works

im trying to put on my image... how do i do that? i keep trying (oh and hikaru is me)
i hope that works

1. The image has to be hosted on a server somewhere, and then linked here. You can't just copy and paste directly into the post. You can use an image server like http://www.photobucket.com or http://www.imageshack.com
2. .psd is not a valid image type. Go to File, click "Save As...", then select either .gif, .jpg, or .png as your file type. .png is probably best.

plz post my guy cuz he cool and he has a sword

Mod edit: Not the place for trainer cards... also, you need to actually host your sprite somewhere.

what do you know? i made that myself offa my computer then got the sprite offa the first post duh... i wouldnt copy sum 1 elses... cuz thats my idea

The only edit to the D/P male hero I see is the head, which seems like he's stabbing himself in the temple with a flaming sword.

AWESOME.

The only edit to the D/P male hero I see is the head, which seems like he's stabbing himself in the temple with a flaming sword.

AWESOME.
well... lemme explain if i will...
this character is a character that i can draw and i drew him for art class, that sword is behind his head, he has double layered hair (cuz art teacher wanted it to be distinct) and he may be the coolest character i ever invented, also i made his hair look like a flame cuz i felt like it... and i hope it gets uploaded cuz i want it to be used in a trainer card cuz i want that character to be famous
theres the history behind that character

Oh, it's no burden. ^^ I would've gone to it earlier but I've been a bit busy recently, with having GCSE exams to study for and a performance tomorrow night.

sequelfhitmonleecosplayfa7.png

By the way, Riley and Buck were already made transparent by Blaze:
pkmnriley.png
pkmnbuck.png

Here's yours, R-C-US:
rcusalistoryp8.png

I decided to do Reia's sprites too:
reiajesseht0.png
reiajamesen3.png
reiagardevoircosplayxs2.png

Unfortunately the last sprite you made is a bit too tall to fit 80x80 dimensions, sorry!

Muchas Gracias, and here is another sprite(so I don't stray off topic):
Newgirl.png

and hikaru, dude. I'm 14 as well. It doesn't matter how old you are that determines wether or not you're a good spriter.

well... lemme explain if i will...
this character is a character that i can draw and i drew him for art class, that sword is behind his head, he has double layered hair (cuz art teacher wanted it to be distinct) and he may be the coolest character i ever invented, also i made his hair look like a flame cuz i felt like it... and i hope it gets uploaded cuz i want it to be used in a trainer card cuz i want that character to be famous
theres the history behind that character
now im gonna make other sprites that look like him but with diffrent swords using diffrent base characters

Wow. Just wow. I think that sprite is really great. =D

How did I inspire you? =/ I've never done that before. xD
Thanks, and it was because of the fourth sprite you did, and I'd really wanted to edit a dress-wearing trainer because of that... Plus I'm a fan of Disgaea's characters, and Rozy fits with my Prinny cosplayer. :D

As far as the topic of age goes, I know people who are younger than me (I'm 16) who can draw and sprite a helluva lot better than I can, so it's all in practice and dedication. ^^

Anyways, here's some more transparent backgrounds for you guys:

Kiomie:
kiomieavysi8.png

R-C-US:
rcusnewgirlgs5.png

hikaru_ultima:
hikaruultimahuaf9.png

the_naked_gamer:
thenakedgamertaconceptqy4.png
thenakedgamertaconcept2vn9.png
thenakedgamertaconcept3gm3.png

SuperSaiyanZolo:
supersaiyanzolo1cd7.png
supersaiyanzolo2lo8.png

I think as far as me making my own sprites goes, I might take a bit of a break. Spriting Rozalin took it outta me... XD

B

Bean D

chiefjr6.png
tohruhs3.png
ninjagirllq1.png
girlqc4.png

Here's 4 more, I hope u like them ;D
1. MasterChief
2. Tohru Honda
3. Ninja
4. Girl

Awww, I was gonna make a Master Chief trainer... XD
Oh well, I'll make one later in a different pose. Nice Tohru, by the way, I'm a big fan of Fruits Basket myself. :)

I'll make those transparent for ya, Bean D!

beandmasterchiefpc2.png
beandtohrunz2.png
beandninja1it9.png
beandgirlul2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.