• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Core of the Dragon Academy (A Superpower RP)

So um...what is this thing the teacher characters are doing? That myself and Victoria seemed to have missed the memo on ^^'
No I get that, but it seems the teachers are sending mini bosses to attack the students. Just wanted clarification on that.
Well, the Iron Bells are from Monsters roaming the Island, but the monsters have to be added by the teachers. Can't have random monsters attacking our students after all.

I was actually expecting them to all be next to fodder, which is why the students are only allowed 3 Iron bells maximum xD.

The mini-boss of a Mecha-Gorilla was a pleasant surprise. Feel free to add your own hell-spawn to the island.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Well, the Iron Bells are from Monsters roaming the Island, but the monsters have to be added by the teachers. Can't have random monsters attacking our students after all.

I was actually expecting them to all be next to fodder, which is why the students are only allowed 3 Iron bells maximum xD.

The mini-boss of a Mecha-Gorilla was a pleasant surprise. Feel free to add your own hell-spawn to the island.

So if I add something I attach a bell reward for beating it then?

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Name: Allie Silverstone
Year/Grade: 8th Grade (Year 1)
Appearance:
Allie has flowing blue hair that extends to her waist, with the occasional silver streak. She has blue eyes that are abnormally bright, a result of her backstory (more on that later). She usually wears a knee-length blue dress, a silver snowflake necklace, silver star earrings, and white shoes.
Personality:
She is rather immature for her age, and overly kind to everyone. She loves adventure, even if that gets her into trouble. She has trouble controlling her power, and it often results in her freezing someone/something (which she feels a lot of guilt over). Though she is usually the nerdy teacher's pet, she can be a little bit mischievous. However, her cheery personality serves to cover up her backstory, which still haunts her...

Powers: Creation and manipulation of ice. She also has basic psychic power, but rarely uses it. Her ice power is incredibly strong.

Bio: She was born with her power, but Allie was experimented on and genetically modified by a scientific organization as a young child, because of her icy abilities. As her power grew in captivity, she began to formulate a plan to escape and go back home to her parents. As her power had reached incredible levels, escaping was no problem for her. She eventually came home to her parents at the age of nine, having not seen them since she was captured three years prior. However, only now knowing about her power (as it had been very inconspicuous when she was young), her parents shunned her and called her a witch. They wanted nothing to do with her. In an uncontrollable rage, she froze the entire village where she had once lived. She fled into the wilderness and raised herself until she discovered Core of the Dragon Academy, which was a place where she could use her power and not be persecuted for it. She covers up her terrible past with her bubbly and bright personality, which has become a new normal for her - and essentially a new life.

Current Guardian: As I mentioned in the bio, she raised herself. Therefore, her current guardian is herself.

I couldn't fit it in the character information, so... PIEEEEE!

Last edited:
I know, but in order for @Sarah316’s characters and mine to move forward is for her character to respond, which is my dilemma.

Idk whether I should just ignore the character all together or have someone that will control her, but her character is so new so it doesn’t have any kind of depth that anyone can mimic, so I’m just like ARJEJEHEH!!!

Umm... Before I choose to join can I have a summary of what's going on? Thanks!
You're taking Mid-term examinations -practicals if you would.

Your Character has been sent to a remote Island along with the other students. By sent, I mean we dropped you off a cliff and you needed to swim to the Island.

Once you're on the Island the exam can truly begin. For this exam, you need to score 3 Points to pass, and you can score these points by collecting bells.

There are 4 Types of Bells;

Bronze Bells (1 Point)
Silver Bells (5 Points)
Golden Bell (100 Points)
Iron Bell (One third or a Point)

How you acquire these bells is entirely up to you, combat, theft, trade, etc.

You can score as many points as you want, as it will count towards your final score, but keep in mind that you only need 3. Luckily, you start with 1 Bronze bell! So you're already 1/3rd of the way there.

Bells can be found from;

Bronze Bells (Other Students)
Silver Bells (Teachers)
Golden Bell (Headmaster)
Iron Bells (Monsters that Roam the Island)

You'll need to find other students on your own, but you've been given a map with the location of the teachers on the Island. You are free to challenge them as you please either alone or in groups.

The only restriction is that only 3 Iron Bells (1 Point total) will be allowed per student.

The current monsters on the Island are;

• Starved Hellhounds
Snarling and snapping at anything in its path, a pack of demon like mutts set fire to the buildings and hunted after the children who attempted fighting back. Each one of them had large, veiny ears like a bat, pressed flat to their boney skulls. Large saber fangs were fused to their skulls, and their skin was a decaying violet. They had no muscle to be seen, appearing as skin covered skeletons, and were tailless and had a disturbing lack of eyes.
  • Mechanized Gorilla
Candice's contribution to this was a monstrous giant robot, about 20 feet tall with a hulking figure & ape-like appearance; almost like a silver gorilla. With a red visor for eyes and what appeared to be a black "pack" on its back. Next to it stood dozens and dozens of little drones; small circular dics with little antennas that shined a glowing blue light. These would be used to disperse across the island and set themselves, acting as triggers and when any student passed their area they'd sent a signal back to the Maverick to give it points in its targeting computer.
  • A trio of Nutcracker Soldiers
"Let's see let's see. No, no...maybe next year...ah ha! Marvelous~" Victoria said to herself, as within her bag she pulled out what appeared to be a trio of wind up nutcrackers with red uniforms and little swords in marching positions as she lined them up orderly. Slowly, she began to wind up each soldier as they key attached to each of their backs seemed to carry a violet moon symbol on the back of it. Once she finished, each symbol shinned once before the soldiers began to march.
Tap
Victoria gave a tap to the back of each nutcracker's head with her index finger before she took a few steps back as she closed her bag. Her power then kicked in, and the size & density of each nutcracker began to alter as they soon became a trio of twelve-foot tall soldiers, and oddly the trio halted their automatic match as they turned to Victoria. The instructor of the younger grades handed each of the giant soldiers a bell and gave a smile to them.

That being said...good luck & have fun~

OK, I'll make my character then. For the rest of this, I'll be the PBI
Name: Elie
Year/Grade: Whatever year you suggest.
Appearance: Blue eyes, Brown hair, Light colored skin. Hair is usually kept in a ponytail. Face seems to be in a permanent scowl.
Personality: She seems hard to trust people. However, once trust is gained she will support you til the end
Powers: Can shapeshift into every living animal (if the animal becomes extinct she can't turn into that animal anymore)
Bio: Elie has moved often before coming to Core of the Dragon Acadamy. She entered ower care, a program that hides people who ratted villains out, which were her parents were the villains. Due to entering this program, Elie has changed her name multiple times. She never disclosed the reasoning for revealing her parents' identity, but there were signs of hostility before the incident. Once we were certain that Elie had powers we contacted Core of the Dragon Acadamy.
Current Guardian: PBI (Protection of Brave Individuals)

If this is actually still open, I'd love to join.

Name: Reverie Cosha-Cooper
Nickname: Verie
Year/Grade: Year Seven
Appearance: See PFP (profile picture).
Personality: Verie is quiet. She is not exactly shy, but people sometimes think she is because of how rarely she speaks. Verie is the strong, silent type, mainly because of her past. She finds that being silent makes it easier to hold her burdens. She is rarely seen angry and is incredibly patient.
Powers: Verie has the gift of flight. She was born with wings of the falcon. They sprout from the edges of her collarbone, and they now reach the wingspan of over twenty feet. She also has a sixth sense that she is barely aware of ...
Bio: Born with small, tiny wings, Reverie Cosha was known as a freak. Her mother was ashamed of her. When she was four years old (and her wingspan reached five feet), her mother finally dropped her into foster care. Verie learned how to hide her wings, and over the years, she was bounced from family to family, always returning because of the same reason - they learned about her abnormality. Finally, at the age of nine, she landed in the house of a woman named Grace Cooper. Verie found her home. Grace had been unable to have children because of medical reasons, and she was excited to have a child in her home, even an older person. Even when she realized that Verie had wings, she still kept her. Verie was able to live the rest of her childhood in quiet bliss. She even took on Grace's last name, so they could be a true family. Grace has yet to adopt Verie.
Current Guardian: Verie lives with her foster mother, Grace Cooper. They live on a ranch only two miles from the city.

Last edited:
If this is actually still open, I'd love to join.

Name: Reverie Cosha-Cooper
Nickname: Verie
Year/Grade: Year Seven
Appearance: See PFP (profile picture).
Personality: Verie is quiet. She is not exactly shy, but people sometimes think she is because of how rarely she speaks. Verie is the strong, silent type, mainly because of her past. She finds that being silent makes it easier to hold her burdens. She is rarely seen angry and is incredibly patient.
Powers: Verie has the gift of flight. She was born with wings of the falcon. They sprout from the edges of her collarbone, and they now reach the wingspan of over twenty feet.
Bio: Born with small, tiny wings, Reverie Cosha was known as a freak. Her mother was ashamed of her. When she was four years old (and her wingspan reached five feet), her mother finally dropped her into foster care. Verie learned how to hide her wings, and over the years, she was bounced from family to family, always returning because of the same reason - they learned about her abnormality. Finally, at the age of nine, she landed in the house of a woman named Grace Cooper. Verie found her home. Grace had been unable to have children because of medical reasons, and she was excited to have a child in her home, even an older person. Even when she realized that Verie had wings, she still kept her. Verie was able to live the rest of her childhood in quiet bliss. She even took on Grace's last name, so they could be a true family. Grace has yet to adopt Verie.
Current Guardian: Verie lives with her foster mother, Grace Cooper. They live on a ranch only two miles from the city.
Accepted~

Your character brings up fond memories of Maximum Ride xD.

The school owns the island it's built on as well as the surrounding islands, but guardians are able to stay at provided housing if they so desire. Here's a not-so-quick run-down of where we are.

============================================================

You're taking Mid-term examinations -practicals if you would.

Your Character has been sent to a remote Island along with the other students. By sent, I mean we dropped you off a cliff and you needed to swim to the Island. (You could've, of course, flown over to the island with your wings.)

Once you're on the Island the exam can truly begin. For this exam, you need to score 3 Points to pass, and you can score these points by collecting bells.

There are 4 Types of Bells;

Bronze Bells (1 Point)
Silver Bells (5 Points)
Golden Bell (100 Points)
Iron Bell (One third or a Point)

How you acquire these bells is entirely up to you, combat, theft, trade, etc.

You can score as many points as you want, as it will count towards your final score, but keep in mind that you only need 3. Luckily, you start with 1 Bronze bell! So you're already 1/3rd of the way there.

Bells can be found from;

Bronze Bells (Other Students)
Silver Bells (Teachers)
Golden Bell (Headmaster)
Iron Bells (Monsters that Roam the Island)

You'll need to find other students on your own, but you've been given a map with the location of the teachers on the Island. You are free to challenge them as you please either alone or in groups.

The only restriction is that only 3 Iron Bells (1 Point total) will be allowed per student.

The current monsters on the Island are;

Starved Hellhounds
Snarling and snapping at anything in its path, a pack of demon like mutts set fire to the buildings and hunted after the children who attempted fighting back. Each one of them had large, veiny ears like a bat, pressed flat to their boney skulls. Large saber fangs were fused to their skulls, and their skin was a decaying violet. They had no muscle to be seen, appearing as skin covered skeletons, and were tailless and had a disturbing lack of eyes.
Mechanized Gorilla
Candice's contribution to this was a monstrous giant robot, about 20 feet tall with a hulking figure & ape-like appearance; almost like a silver gorilla. With a red visor for eyes and what appeared to be a black "pack" on its back. Next to it stood dozens and dozens of little drones; small circular dics with little antennas that shined a glowing blue light. These would be used to disperse across the island and set themselves, acting as triggers and when any student passed their area they'd sent a signal back to the Maverick to give it points in its targeting computer.
A trio of Nutcracker Soldiers
"Let's see let's see. No, no...maybe next year...ah ha! Marvelous~" Victoria said to herself, as within her bag she pulled out what appeared to be a trio of wind up nutcrackers with red uniforms and little swords in marching positions as she lined them up orderly. Slowly, she began to wind up each soldier as they key attached to each of their backs seemed to carry a violet moon symbol on the back of it. Once she finished, each symbol shinned once before the soldiers began to march.

Tap

Victoria gave a tap to the back of each nutcracker's head with her index finger before she took a few steps back as she closed her bag. Her power then kicked in, and the size & density of each nutcracker began to alter as they soon became a trio of twelve-foot tall soldiers, and oddly the trio halted their automatic match as they turned to Victoria. The instructor of the younger grades handed each of the giant soldiers a bell and gave a smile to them.

That being said...good luck & have fun~

OK, I'll make my character then. For the rest of this, I'll be the PBI
Name: Elie
Year/Grade: Whatever year you suggest.
Appearance: Blue eyes, Brown hair, Light colored skin. Hair is usually kept in a ponytail. Face seems to be in a permanent scowl.
Personality: She seems hard to trust people. However, once trust is gained she will support you til the end
Powers: Can shapeshift into every living animal (if the animal becomes extinct she can't turn into that animal anymore)
Bio: Elie has moved often before coming to Core of the Dragon Acadamy. She entered ower care, a program that hides people who ratted villains out, which were her parents were the villains. Due to entering this program, Elie has changed her name multiple times. She never disclosed the reasoning for revealing her parents' identity, but there were signs of hostility before the incident. Once we were certain that Elie had powers we contacted Core of the Dragon Acadamy.
Current Guardian: PBI (Protection of Brave Individuals)
Ah, and also accepted.

I know, but in order for @Sarah316’s characters and mine to move forward is for her character to respond, which is my dilemma.

Idk whether I should just ignore the character all together or have someone that will control her, but her character is so new so it doesn’t have any kind of depth that anyone can mimic, so I’m just like ARJEJEHEH!!!
I'd suggest you make a post saying the Hellhounds or something attacked and they had to retreat.

Well, correction, I haven't read the whole series since I completed it before 2015 when Nevermore was still the last book in series. I haven't gotten to read Maximum Ride forever which came out afterward.

I feel like this needs to be updated in your copy paste
I've read the first two books of Maximum Ride, but I don't have any more to continue.
Ah yes, that should indeed be updated.

The Golden bell is now held by Melusine. I need @Sky5372 to post with Echo though :v

I think you can probably find the Manga on the internet? Those are usually easier to find than soft-copies for the actual book.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Ah yes, that should indeed be updated.

The Golden bell is now held by Melusine. I need @Sky5372 to post with Echo though :v

I think you can probably find the Manga on the internet? Those are usually easier to find than soft-copies for the actual book.
Too be honest, I haven't been looking super hard, it was an interesting series I just haven't found the time to read it.

I suggest...not taking out your wing as the first thing xD

I believe most people will be acquiring bells through combat, so you might wanna stay ready for a quick scuffle. Since your character doesn't have any auxiliary powers you wouldn't want to lose your wings before a fight has even begun.

Though I do wonder if Reverie will develop some side-abilities like Max's speed, or Fang's stealth.

I suggest...not taking out your wing as the first thing xD

I believe most people will be acquiring bells through combat, so you might wanna stay ready for a quick scuffle. Since your character doesn't have any auxiliary powers you wouldn't want to lose your wings before a fight has even begun.

Though I do wonder if Reverie will develop some side-abilities like Max's speed, or Fang's stealth.
She does, in a way. She has a sixth sense that alerts her when someone is nearby. It doesn't help her often, as it is severely undeveloped.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I think her wing being injured could be interesting, she'll have to make it with out the aid of her powers for a while on the island.