• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

If Melusine had tried to be friendly, and Kevin in a less emotional state would have been able to tell that much, her word choice which concerned Ryker had not been a wise way to go about it. As evident by the sudden distance Kevin closed to get right in Melusine's face, his glare seemed to stare daggers into her.

"You hurt Ryker!?" Kevin yelled, clearly angry over that revelation as he let out a rather intimidating aura as his eyes shifted a little more. This situation had not been aided by a certain voice in his head which seemed to drive Kevin's primal urges further.

Yes, YES! She hurt your fiend, we need to get her back. She needs to pay!

This...aggressive side had been a surprise to both Sammy and Emily, as the younger girls were slightly nerved by this which upon Kevin seeing their reactions had caused Kevin to shake his head as he backed down a little. As he had taken a few breaths in and out before he faced Melusine once more.

"I...I apologize for that, Melusine." Kevin replied, as he tried to quell the voice of that inner beast within as starting a fight was the last thing anyone needed at the moment.

Melusine

She had been expecting that. Anyone would get mad if their friend had been injured and the culprit had waltz right in front of them. Nevertheless, she thought his anger was a bit unwarranted. Her lips almost quirked into a sneer, "Do you not realize what type of school you attend? Did the past few incidents not teach you anything? We're training to be heroes, people who put their lives on the line! Are you really going to lose your cool every time one of your friends gets injured? I'll tell you now, losing your cool in a life-or-death situation is the quickest way to get yourself killed." Although her voice was mellow and pleasant to the ear, her words were anything but. "Furthermore, are you really that biased? Your friend almost broke my arm and the only injuries he sustained were a few lacerations from my whip. The over-exhaustion was his own doing. Are you really in a position to be pointing fingers and casting accusations?"

Her eyes were tinged with fury, and her voice had risen. Her vehement reproach had left her panting but she quickly restrained her breathing and her anger. She had clenched her fist until her knuckles had turned white. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, their inherent hostility wouldn't help the situation. Leveling her voice off to a steady lull she continued, "...seems we both lost our cool for a moment, I'll return that apology..."

She swept forward, past the group, and took a seat in one of the chairs. Her eyes remained sealed as she awaited the nurse.

The nurse, wanted to go and check on Melusine, but she had to make sure that Ryker had been settled first. During this time, it had given Kevin and a certain voice in his head a chance to think things over. All the while both Emily and Sammy had been a bit cautious given as they had felt the tension between the two.

Who the hell is SHE to lecture you on how to handle a life and death situation? How many crisis have you been through already, and where was she during any of them? Nowhere! You shouldn't let this fool lecture you, show her what it really means to handle such a situation and show her our power!

However, Kevin decided against that as he left Ryker to Aaron's and the nurse's care as he walked over to Melusine and sat next to her. Kevin avoided eye contact as he began to shift into his regular appearance before he let out a sigh and began to speak.

"I...I understand that, or at least I try to. It's just...after not having any friends before coming here, the ones who have formed that connection with me I hold very dear to my hear. They...they mean everything to me, they ensured I would not be alone. I've never had much social interaction before coming here so the idea of anything bad happening to them just...just something I don't want to happen. I want to protect them, to keep them safe and help them as they helped my from my loneliness." Kevin said, as he had glanced at his hand while having spoken only loud enough for Melusine and no one else to hear him as he let out another sigh as he balled his hand into a fist.

"Which...which is why I need to get stronger. Strong enough to ensure I can protect them. To keep them safe, and ensure that the horrible things I've seen happen to others never happen to them." Kevin said, as he made his desire to grow stronger and the reason behind it clear to Melusine. Something not even Ryker or Aura had been made aware of.

Sky opened his mouth, about to respond before a metal bird cut him off. Listening to what it had to say for a second, Sky nodded, then half hissed at Candice "Turn those things off, please," then faded away. Reforming in the nurse's office, he walked over to Ryker's bed. "So, there is apparently something you wanted to tell me?" He asked, an annoying stab of pain making him unconsciously cover the burn on his arm shortly after speaking, a frown on his face. "No, no, it's fine. You can go treat the others," he quickly added, glancing at the now considerably concerned nurse.

"Aura, what's up?" June asked at the arrival of her brother's friend. but upon hearing the news of her brother being in the nurse's office and acting insane, her eyes widened. "What did that numskull do?" And she quickly ran back to see him.

--
Ryker had awoken and was sweating hard, with heavy breathing when Sky arrived. Ad when the others left, he knew t was the best time to tell Sky. "Sky, who's Cyclone? He's inside my head. I think he gave me his powers. I don't know. I lost control in that fight, and I think he took over. My head is so jumbled." Ryker said shakily, noticing how Sky covered his arm. However he said nothing about it.

Sky frowned. "Cyclone? I've never heard of him. There wasn't a spirit who took that name, as far as I know, and..." His form flickered momentarily away as he quickly accessed the far greater memory of his natural form, then came back into view. "Wait, I think I do know somebody of that name. Popped up a few decades ago, pretty potent powers actually. Then he disappeared. I didn't pay much attention to him, Rio's better at keeping track of that stuff than me. And apparently he's inside your head?" This situation seemed interesting to Sky, and considering the past villain status of this person, potentially dangerous. But, well, what's the worst that could happen?

Candice, having been made curious over what was going on, simply allowed Oliver to lead her to the nurse's office as the two would listen in on Sky and Ryker's conversation. A certain name that Ryker had mentioned caused Candice to think it over.

Cyclone? Interesting...

---------
Aura would nod as she led June to the nurse's office and walked in on Ryker who seemed to be having a conversation with Sky. Kevin to her knowledge was also having a chat with a new girl who had arrived as well, but Aura decided to think about that later as she focused on Ryker and what he was saying.

Melusine

"It's good to have a dream. However, if you waste all your time dreaming about lofty goals and ideals, you'll find you don't have the time to accomplish any of them. Toward this goal of yours...how many steps have you taken?" She swept her leg atop its counterpart, crossing them, and turned her head in Kevin direction. Though her eyes remained closed she stared, for lack of a better word, seemingly determining the boy's resolve.

Celia

'click...click...click...click...'

The sound of her heels against the tiled floors accompanied the hamadryad as she turned around a corner. She walked briskly heading down one aisle then the next, expertly navigating her way through the labyrinth of corridors as if they were her own root system. Celia's body pulsed with vibrancy and vitality, her wooden horns sprouting blossoms and buds. She made a sharp right turn, marched about 15 ft forward and then pulled open the door on her right. She waltzed into the nurse's office and...was taken back. There were far too many people in here! Her eyes watched nervously, 'Uwah, although I wanted to be the nurse's assistant I didn't expect my first day to be so packed!' Her leaves reddened in embarrassment but she took a deep breath and suddenly... felt a heck of a lot better. She squirmed, her foliage splayed, and took another deep breath. It was intoxicating! She paused mid-stride and swayed almost drunkenly. Despite her apparent inebriation, her senses were sharpening and her movements quickening. Reinvigorated the barrelled into the room her newfound confidence as radiant as the scarlet flowers blooming across her body. Celica quickly zipped to the two who seemed to be the most injured -or rather, the only ones who seemed to be injured at all- and allowed her power to wash over them. It wouldn't instantly heal any injuries, but for it was worth she was a nature attributed spirit and her power would slightly boost the vitality of those in her vicinity, as long as they were biologically animals or plants of course.

Seeing as classes had been interrupted, Celia figured she might as well find something to occupy her time. Being the nurse's assistant would not only give her the medical skill she'd require to better coordinate with her bonds, but it would also allow her to socialize with the various students. It was two birds with one stone! The only thing missing was a hearty meal, but that air spirit headmaster was way too stingy and wouldn't even let her siphon off the slightest bit of his essence. 'sigh... maybe I could sneak a few breaths while he isn't paying attention..?'

Kevin had thought over what Melusine had asked of him, and in truth between all the crises that had he been involved in along with just trying to fit in with the insanity and having been busy dealing with his...other half he had not gotten around to it as soon as he could have.

None the less, Kevin knew this was something he had to do and looked at Melusine with clear determination in his eyes.

"I...I haven't been able to train quite like I would have liked. Given certain crazy events that have happened here and some...personal issues. But I know that I need to grow in order to protect my friends, to make sure nothing horrible happens to them, and I am gonna work my butt off every day to make that happen. To control and master this power." Kevin explained to Melusine as he had no idea how she'd react to this.

Last edited:
Aaron smiled at Kevin''s response, it was good to see such a nervous guy speaking his mind, it made Aaron reflect on his lack of training before speaking up, "Kevin, I understand that feeling of having no control over such a dangerous power, maybe not to your extent, but I still understand. Im gonna hone my skills to." He boasted, a smile forming on his face. "See you on the path to power." He added quietly, turning his attention to Sky, who had just appeared in the room.

"Sky, who's Cyclone? Aaron overheard Ryker questioning the Headmaster, taking into account every detail from both sides of the conversation. "So if he fed all his power into you, maybe theirs a chance a little piece of him came along with it?" He contemplated, though not having much experience to back up his theory. "Perhaps if you knew anyone who could look into his mind, maybe see if theirs anything in there that doesnt belong?" Aaron questioned, turning towards Sky as he spoke.

Aura looked at Ryker, a feeling of De Ja Vu came across her. It wasn’t long ago, at all that she was in this scenario.

She listened to Kevin and smiled, a small blush creeping across her face. "And I'll help you, both of you." She said, turning to Ryker, "Every step of the way"

Ryker smiled at his friend’s encouragement, yet felt troubled at how Sky didn’t know much about Cyclone. But it didn’t matter. It WAS his power after all, so he was going to learn to master it. But to think, he had only been using a small part of his actual powers, it amazed him.

“But the problem is, that I think Cyclone died soon after. Less than three days after I met him, I woke up in a cold sweat with a horrible nightmare I couldn’t remember. Maybe he planted himself inside of me? I’m not sure. It could be just his remaining spirit, or maybe I’m just haunted.” Ryker pushed himself up, feeling better thanks to the healing, and stood up.

“I’m gonna give Captain Rumble a call. He might know something.” He announced standing up. to be honest, he felt better. And a bit ashamed of his rush of adrenaline and his crazy actions. “Sky, sorry for having to drag out over here. And to the rest of you, sorry about worrying all of you. I’ll be fine.” He walked towards the exit, after grabbing his bag from Aaron and his eye caught Melusine.

“Hey, nice battle. But next time we fight, the outcome will be a bit different.” He announced giving a grin and a thumbs up, before leaving. And then he left the nurse’s office.

But there was a tint of lies in what Ryker had said easier about him being fine. He felt broken and worried, but he couldn’t let anyone know. It was his battle, and he didn’t need to worry anyone with what was going on. He made his way towards his room, and laid down in his bed, quickly falling asleep. He would be fine. Maybe his dreams and thoughts would bring him peace. Or even worse, answers.

“I can’t believe that idiot,” June mumbled as he left. She couldn’t help but give a face palm. All he does is fight and fight. And when he takes it hard, he doens’t take any breaks. I bet he’s off training or something.” She grumbled, crossing her arms.

Sky gave a mental shrug as Ryker left the room. No matter how strong a villain could be, they would still be weakened if placed within a human body. He didn't feel that he should pay much heed, so made no objection when Ryker left the room. After making a quick survey of the room, he decided to go and greet the lizard girl, but suddenly felt a slight pull on his essence as he started to walk over. He could already tell that the Dryad was the source of it, but decided to relent and bring down the small vacuum he had instinctively brought up between himself and Celia. He saw no reason not to share at least part of his aura, and so simply glanced back at the girl, before continuing forwards.

"I don't think I've seen you around. Mind introducing yourself?" Sky asked, the boy walking up to what he assumed was a new student, with a faint hint of that foreign aura around her, which he simply assumed was her being around the site of his short-lived fight with the stardust.

Aaron gave Ryker a nod as he left, glad to see the spry guy back on his feet at last, but still a bit curious about the man named Cyclone. "Eh, its not important right now, I should probably make like Ryker and head to my room, been a long day." He dismissed his worry for now, heading for his dorm, waving to Kevin and the others as he passed. "Good luck working on your control, I hope to see some results. After all, I havent fought you yet." He yelled back towards the Lizard Boy, a large grin on his face.

-------------------------------------

As Aaron reached for the doorknob to his bedroom, a tinge of mental anguish froze him in place. "I...I haven't been able to train quite like I would have liked. Given certain crazy events that have happened here and some...personal issues. But I know that I need to grow in order to protect my friends, to make sure nothing horrible happens to them, and I am gonna work my butt off every day to make that happen. To control and master this power." He thought back to Kevin's words, realizing his own lack of effort. "I...havent been trying hard enough. I havent been focusing on controlling my power, its gotta stop here." He spoke to himself, his voice quiet, determined, and anxious as he spun around, walking away from his room and towards the back exits of the school.

------------------------------------

"Right...just gotta control it...just focus." He spoke to himself a bit unevenly, gripping his left wrist for a brace as he aimed for one of the tall, thin stone pillars that scattered the fields. His palm lit up as the white infinity symbol burst to life, gaining more and more speed by the second. "HYAH!" He roared, an invisible blast rippling from his palm, the air around it distorting from the intense speed and the soft ground beneath its path carved out into a wide cone shape, when the blast smashed into the stone, it was instantly uprooted from the earth it was buried in and sent hurdling in another boulder behind it, causing both rocks to crack and shatter, crumbling down into a cloudy heap of rubble.
Aaron looked on, a bit awe-struck by his own actions. "So....I can turn the power on and off, I just cant control the level of intensity, hm." The young man proceeded to take a seat, contemplating some ways to maintain his power output. "If I wanna stand a chance in future fights, this is where I need to start."

Melusine

As Sky approached, Melusine eyes opened and she leered wearily. She hadn't really seen him so much as she had tasted a mass of something heading towards her. As her bifurcated tongue flicked through the air her face contorted in utter confusion. She shrunk back in her seat as her sense of smell went haywire. The headmaster, being a manifestation of wind, did just as the wind might and carried along a plethora of sents on him. To Melusine's highly sensitive Ol' factory nerves, it felt like an overload of information as every scent in the entirety of CoDA assaulted her with Sky as the proxy. By the time Sky was within speaking distance the scent had become overwhelming. 'Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~' The girl released a threatening hiss as she bolted from her seat and summarily fled to the other side of the room.

Plastering herself against the wall, in a bit to put as much distance between herself and the walking pheromone palette, she covered her mouth and nose with her scarf and then piled both hands atop the fabric. In a muffled voice, almost on the verge of hysterics she muttered "d-don't come a-any closer!" she cringed, "I'm Melusine..."

Aurora contemplated what Ryker said, "Maybe he planted himself inside of me?"
That idea caught her interest, it was surely possible, wasn't it? Like some sort of spirit, a little like earlier when she-
She decided not to think about that just yet, too soon.
But this Cyclone must've seen potential in Ryker, something nobody else really noticed. But if he died soon after, why die for a small bullied kid he'd never met? This whole situation worried Aura, who knows what it was like for Ryker. They all had battles to fight it seemed.

Aura turned to Kevin, and smiled a little. "Trust me on this one" She said, turning back to face the direction Ryker had just left.
"He isn't fine"

--------------

Samantha was slightly shocked, she didn't even know Ryker that well. But she knew that he didn't act like this, from what Rory told her, he was always bright and energetic and upbeat. She looked over at Emily, eyes wide and confused. "What's happening to everybody?" She whispered, her usual upbeat tone fading.

Kevin turned to Aura, and simply nodded in agreement with her. Indeed, this had been out of character for the usually upbeat and positive Ryker he had known since coming to this school.

"Yeah, I-I can tell that much. I feel there is something that should be done to try and help him, but I don't know what." Kevin admitted, though the desire to try and help Ryker had been there and was clear to see. After he had broken Kevin out of his isolation bubble, Kevin owed it to Ryker to help him during this troubled time for him.

-----------
Emily turned to Sammy, and she had a frown as well as her own energetic nature had died down after all that had happened in the nurse's office.

"I-I don't know, but I am sure that it will work out. M-my sister says when you get older you can have "mood swings" or something." Emily said, as she had tried to reassure Sammy though how convincing that bit of reassurance was had been debatable. Still, Emily had not really known what to say. Though even in her young mind she had suspected that this was probably not "mood swings" as she tried to pin it on.

Wystria

'Well, well, well... wasn't that a rather interesting tidbit of information~?'

Submerged in Ryker's shadow, the maid-cum-assistant awoke from her nap had managed to catch wind off Sky's conversation with the students (pun intended.) She pondered over it for a moment, her eyes dimming as her consciousness sunk into thought. Before she knew it she'd been carried along with the young boy to his room -not that she minded though. For problem children like this one... these special few who were destined to grow only by leaping over many of life's hurdles... it was best they be sufficiently prepared for what awaited them. As the shadows under Ryker's bed darkened, portraying an abyssal depth, Wystria calmly emerged. She cast a glance at the slumbering boy before melding into the night.

She immediately got to work over the next couple of days, planning and filing all the required documents, ordering materials and construction teams, and enlisting the help of numerous spirit with Sky as the proxy. She'd completed more things within following week than she'd completed since the year had started. The results of her work were evident, a large multi-storied dormitory had been erected but a stone's throw from the headmaster's residence. With the departure of much of the island's population, maintaining the normal dormitories had become more trouble than it was worth. The large looming buildings that once held thousands of students, were now residences for rodents and all manner of critters. This newer addition to the school grounds would be more suited to their current numbers.

The structure was a clean 5 stories with 4 wings representing each cardinal direction and a 'main' body. The first floor was akin to a general lounge; large sofas, soft carpeting, a few scattered vending machines, wooden tables and chairs, and scenic glass windows would ensure that student -and staff if they so desired- would be free to relax during the interim between classes and on holidays. The second floor had everything else the students could possibly need at school: cafeterias, libraries, classrooms, indoor courts, and a fanciful swimming pool. The third through fifth floors were reserved for bedrooms belong to students of all years and members of staff. There were no elevators present, traverse through the building would rely on the few arching walkways, stairs, or balconies -balconies because she herself found them useful 'platforms' for leaping to and fro. Entrance and exit from the building could be done through any of the doors located in any of the wings, or once again, from the balconies. In fact, Wystria and Stella had already placed bets on which student would be the first to try 'free-fall' traveling.

The entire building was completely devoid of anything that could even be remotely called 'technology', as sneaking such things past Sky proved more difficult than the maid had first anticipated. She made mental note to seek out one 'Candice McKnight' so that the tech-savvy hero could have another underground facility built with all the more electrical appliances the students could require, the woman's virtual classrooms were a novel idea even if the headmaster was too paranoid to let such high-tech things onto the island.

Although the building couldn't be considered 'complete' it was, at the very least, operational. Within short order, she'd sent notice to all remaining staff and students on the island. Hopefully, they could be settled within a day or two and normal classes could be resumed. She'd left posters hanging on every entrance -yes, even the balconies- which summed up the building's layout as a map.

• B-Floor 1 - 6 | Out of Bounds!
  • Floor 1 | General Lounge
  • Floor 2 | Academic Level
  • Floor 3 | Housing (K1 - Year 6)
  • Floor 4 | Housing (Year 7 - Year 12)
  • Floor 5 | Housing (Academic and Auxillary Staff)
The overall construction of the building truly had been rather troublesome. The mere fact that the school had been built into a volcano posed numerous challenges. Certain parts of the new building had extended several tens of meters into the volcano itself, which meant at the very least, heating would be of no concern. The underground floors were strictly off-limits until further notice, for obvious reasons. The building hadn't really been built from scratch so much as the high-school, which was already built into the volcano, was retrofitted and remodeled.

Last edited:
A month flew by for the students after the rapid attacks from evildoers. The school's class register was much smaller now, hence why the creation of the new dorms. A veil of normalcy hung thick in the air, which is somewhat ironic for an academy for training the next generation of heroes. But the new schedule emerged, with classes of mixed grades to accommodate the new, shortened number of students. And so with that, kids could finally follow a schedule and have mundane days. It was best to help the school recover.

Now the students who had risen above to become heroes during those past villain attacks were beginning to be treated differently by the other students. They were almost set aside, like Outcasts, which was funny as those children had fought to protect them. But people felt they were show-offs and trouble makers, who wanted to become popular by any means necessary. Those kids were ignorant and jumped in only to have the teachers save their asses. So through this month, those kids were somewhat isolated socially, with kids not sitting by them at lunch and leaving them to talk to themselves. They were hated for the special treatment they were receiving. Nicknames like Punch Dude, became directed as insults.
-
Ryker pressed his hand into his folded arms and laid on his desk. Science Lectures were so boring. The boy had begun to let his mind wander than listening to the teacher, Mr. Stone in the front of the classroom. "Maybe Cyclone was just like a small piece of him. Like a video message he left me. Like a user's manual. But that doesn't explain why he gave me these powers." Ryker's thoughts were rich with ideas and questions that had been left unanswered. The boy hadn't really responded to the treatment from the other students, as he had been used to that since childhood. It wasn't something new. But he still constantly worried about his friends. Hopefully they could handle it. It was rough your first time dealing with that kind of discrimination.

"RYKER!!!" Mr. Stone shouted across the classroom to get Ryker's attention. "Can you tell me the Atomic Number of Boron?" He asked as Ryker snapped to attention and rubbed the back of his head.

"Um, 23?" Ryker asked awkwardly, feeling embarrassed.

Mr. Stone shook his head. "The answer is 5. You need to pay attention instead of daydreaming." He said, before taking a sip from a flask. Mr. Stone wasn't drunk, but he sure could hold his liquor. Ryker hadn't seen him without his flask, and yet hadn't seen the man drunk.

June chuckled lightly at Mr. Stone chewing out her brother. He hadn't really been paying attention in any class lately. It was pretty normal for him, but June still worried.

Ray however was annoyed with Ryker's ignorance. He was an idiot. A massive bumbling idiot. And people like that pissed Ray off.

Erin had been doing her best not to fall asleep when the teacher shouted at Ryker, which startled her into a more awakened state. She glanced at the boy with whom Ryker had had a fight with some time ago. He seemed to be annoyed by Ryker. Erin shuddered. There was definitely something off about that guy. Her attention briefly turned to Ryker. She had noticed that he and his friends had been treated like outcasts lately, something she found somewhat upsetting. She returned her attention to the teacher, wishing not to get in trouble with the teacher.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Zach tried to pay attention in class, but it was very boring for him. "Why did I choose this class again?" he thought to himself. The shout startled him, but helped him focus back on the subject. He snickered at Ryker's mistake, despite not knowing the answer himself. Though he quickly stifled it so he didn't get in trouble. "Should I talk to him? Most people don't seem to like him. Maybe I will in lunch, I could sure use someone to talk to," Zack thought as he gave his attention back to the teacher.

Kevin glanced over to Ryker, who had been scolded by the teacher, and while he had felt bad for his friend knew he could do nothing. The past month has not been easy, given that their reputation had caught up with them which had turned them into literal "outcasts" but thankfully they had been able to support each other.

And as evident by Emily, not everyone in the school had seen them that way. Still it had not been easy to be on the bottom of the popularity pole. Something a certain voice in his head had been more than eager to remind him of.

Your friend's a bit of a slacker during lectures isn't he? Then again his focus must be on how much the rest of the school seems to hate you. I don't blame him, only proves how much scum society is even among your peers.

N-not everyone thinks that of us, and the last thing anyone needs is your opinion on this.

Kevin then felt something that had tugged on his shirt, as he glanced over at his A.I. guardian Oliver, the mechanial owl clearly had tried to get Kevin to refocus on class as Kevin dropped his thoughts and went back to taking notes.

----------
Candice in turn had been doing roll call for the senior class Combat Training IV, though her focus had been not so much on that but rather her concern over Kevin and his friends. Specifically, the way they had been treated by their peers over the last month as their "infamy" had spread throughout campus. Something that had bothered her greatly, but she knew she could not worry about her son's social issues during class. No matter how much she desired to.

Remember Candice, you are not just a mother now. You are a teacher, and the other students deserve your undivided attention. I can talk with Kevin after class during a free period anyway...

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Cade took a quick look over at Ryker. He clearly wasn't paying attention. He understood how he felt since he didn't usually pay attention in class at his older schools. Cade noticed how Ryker, Kevin and Aura dropped to the bottom when it came to popularity. Cade had lots of empathy for them and wanted to help them but he couldn't... Yet. They were in the middle of class and he was somewhat far away from Ryker to do much.

His relationship with Ashley had gotten better however he still didn't believe her when she talked about his father however the constant talking about him does give Cade the urge to want to talk to his father. Ashley and Cade generally talk regularly at specific times when she gets home from part time work and when he is in his dorm alone.

Cade also felt more positive in general. He had introduced himself to as much students as staff as he could as he felt much more comfortable around them. He was by no means a popular student but people didn't generally dislike him (well at least he thinks) and he doesn't dislike anyone besides Ray. He also enjoyed most classes now and was also getting stronger. He generally liked to use his powers on others though since they had a greater effect when he used it on others.

Cade turned to the Teacher again and tried to look like he was focusing on class; He wanted to think of ways to help the trio move through this time which he didn't do as a child. His eyes turned a dim green; and Ashley smiled at him.

Last edited:
Aaron had been cramming homework and extra training into his schedule throughout the nights to make up for his lack of control, the only downside being, he's spent the last few weeks more or less like a zombie, spaced out and drained of energy. He sat in the corner of the room by the window, his head tilted back and his mouth agape, a pair of googly eyes taped over his eyelids. A loud snoring filled the classroom as the boy was in a deep sleep, completely neglecting his class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaron awoke floating in a black void of nothingness, naturally the boy felt panicked, but at the same time, almost relaxed. "What.....is this..." He questioned, his voice booming out and echoing through the vast emptiness. That surrounded him. "My symbol..." He muttered, only just noticing the large white infinity symbol in the air high above him.
Aaron couldnt quite explain why, but he felt the tugging need to reach out for it, his body floating up the moment he did so. "....woow.." His voice came out monotone, his eyes entranced by the shining glow of the symbol. A bit apprehensive, Aaron stuck his left hand out, pressing it against the center of the symbol. "AAAHG!" He cried in pain, pulling his hand away as an intense burning began overwhelm his entire arm.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Diego and Serenity had currently found their seats in Mr. Kinito's class, once more the two had bickered with each other along the way though this time it had not been because the pair were running late as had become common with the two.

"I just...I just can't believe you." Serenity said with a grumble as she had taken her seat and had already taken out her notebook and a pencil. Diego by contrast had already laid his feet on his desk next to her and simply gave a shrug to Serenity.

"Oh come on, it was an honest mistake. How was I suppose to know such a light shove would knock you that far back. Though at the very least I think you pull off the "mud-covered dress" better than most." Diego said with a chuckle, as Serenity merely sighed as she decided to ignore him for the moment to focus on class.

You are so lucky I pack spares in my dorm...
----------------------
Ash had sat towards the back as Ms. McKnight had began to give a roll call, though Ash could have sword that the teacher had seemed...troubled by something. It was subtle, and most of the students likely had not noticed much, but Ash always felt she could be decently observant when she had tried to be.

Though what is was, Ash could have only guessed. Though she figured whatever it was had not been much of her business anyway so she would just not dwell on it.
--------------------
Victoria, or Ms. Stevenson as she had preferred to be called during class, had made preparations for the Basic Power Control III class and if her smile had been any indication she was quite eager for what was in store today.

A new day of learning is a new day of fun, well at least I think so. Thankfully my energy is matched by the youthful vigor of this grade...

It had been a month.

She sat in class, sighing as Ryker was startled out of his daydream, and scolded by the teacher. Typical. But she didn't blame him, how could the teachers expect Ryker to concentrate with everything that had happened, almost all of them acted like nothing bad had ever happened to any of them. A lot had changed, gossip had developed. Apparently they were 'social outcasts' now. She didn't get how the fall from heroes to outcasts worked, but she kind of just... rolled with it.
She was still the same as ever, or at least she tried to be.

Aura found herself having more and more sleepless nights, she'd taken fancy to wandering around the school in the dark hours. It was a time of freedom, of peace. Nobody was around. She'd found ways to train, more useful than some classes would ever be. She could train, undisturbed, it gave her some hope.
But she didn't want her friends to worry about her, give them one less thing on their minds. Though she suspected they'd noticed the dark circles under her eyes in the recent weeks.

But she needed to be ready for anything.
She needed to protect her friends.

The bell rang, signifying the students it was time to head to lunch. Ryker stood up and rolled his shoulder's to loosen them up. "Okay kids. I want a paragraph on a certain Element on the periodic table on my desk tomorrow." Mr. Stone said as the students all began to head towards the door. Ryker waited, leaning on his desk for the rest of his gang to join him.

"Man, actual school related classes are getting boring. I prefer gym, if I'm gonna be perfectly honest. Or combat training. Or anything that allows me to run around instead of sitting in a desk for lectures all day." Ryker said to his friends upon their arrival.

"GAH!" The sound of the bell ringing caused Aaron to jump from his slumber, flying out of his seat and onto the floor behind his desk. He quickly got to his feet, staring down at his left hand with a look of uncertainty on his face. The white symbol was shining a brilliant silvery-white, along with this, a numb burning sensation had taken over most of his hand, he twitched from the sensation. "What the hell..." He muttered under his breath, clenching his hand shut and quickly gathering his belongings before heading towards the exit, glancing over to his friends for a brief moment. "I gotta go, see you guys later." He said a bit hastily, making his way out of the classroom and down the hall.

Upon reaching his bedroom he locked the door behind him, staring down at his hand, a look of curiosity washing over his face. "It feels like my power but....different." He thought to himself, another question arising in his head. "Wonder what'll happen....." He mumbled, concentrating on how his power flowed through him, willing it from the source and sending it surging through his left palm, the white infinity symbol burst to life, rotating at a low but constant speed. "Yes!" He praised himself under his breath, all those nights of practice finally starting to pay off. Although his expression quickly shifted to confusion as the white glow flickered out for seemingly no reason. "...maybe I should talk to a teacher about this, they might be able to give me a little insight on whats happening." He concluded, exiting the bedroom in search for one of his main room teachers.

Kevin glanced over to Ryker, and while Kevin himself had not been prone to getting bored in lecture-heavy classes, he could understand Ryker's desire for more...on field applications of their heroic education. Oliver had let out a sigh.

"Not everything involves punching things. Believe me as much as it may bore you what you learn here could save your life on the field when you do become a pro hero." Oliver replied, as it tried to stress the importance of lecture classes though whether or not this fell on deaf ears remained to be seen.

----------
"Yay! Lunch time!" Emily called out, with her usual excitement as Rebecca had led her younger sibling to the cafeteria. While Rebecca had not been as excited about lunch as Emily was, her sister's natural hyper activity had been infectious to her which caused the older girl to smile as they entered the cafeteria.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
As the bell rang Zach sighed. "Finally. I can leave that stupid boring class," he thought as he began heading out the door. Quickly he headed towards lunch and smiled. Then he found Ryker's group. "Well, well, well. If it isn't Mr. 23 and the outcasts," he said glaring at all of them. He cracked his knuckles and then smiled. Zach started twisting his neck upwards and making it look like it's been turned many times, like taking out a nail.

He quickly put it back to normal and laughed. "I'm just messing with ya. I ain't looking for a fight. But what the heck is with you guys? Nobody likes you for some reason," asked.

Kevin had glanced at this new guy who had come up to them, and as he assumed his mock bully routine Kevin had felt disheartened. Though that attitude turned to relief when the kid revealed he was just joking around.

Though, Oliver had not found it funny. As the mechanical owl eyed the new guy with an unfriendly glare.

"I'd advise you work on your humor." Oliver replied simply, as Kevin thought over what was asked of him; unsure of what he could say though eventually.

"W-well, we've just...developed a reputation." Kevin explained, though he had failed to...actually explain what he meant with his explanation.

Erin also approached the group, recognizing one of them quite easily. "Hey, June's brother, right?" she said once she had reached the group. She remembered Ryker from the two fights she had seen him in, one of which she had broken up. She waited patiently for an answer.

Melusine

As soon as class ended Melu had made a bee-line straight for the cafeteria, she took long bold steps until she had strut through the doorway and found herself facing a sea of tables and students. Her eyes instantly locked onto today's menu, scanning it for whatever looked the most delicious. Her mind shifted into high gear as it analyzed the hypothetical tastes of all the dishes and prepared to make a decision. Her tongue slipped past her lips, lapping at the scents in the air until she had a sense of every food item whose aroma wafted from the kitchen. As the pink color retreated the serpentine girl took a good taste, not only of the food but of the surrounding students. Half-way through her journey to lunch-line, she made an abrupt turn heading straight towards Kevin's table. She, however, was not there for her fellow reptilian. Instead, with a light 'thud,' she dropped into the seat next to Ryker. She folded her arms and with a hint of mirth in her voice she teased, "hey there punchy, you owe me lunch~"

Since she no longer had to worry about carrying dishes back to her seat (since she had that muscle head Ryker next to her) she would simply take one of everything. She silently repeated a mantra in her heart, 'Better to have tasted and regret than to regret not having tasted at all!'

His lesson finished, Sky faded out of his classroom. Crossing through several vents, he eventually ended up back in open air, at which point he decided to go up. He'd been teaching for five hours straight, and there was nothing better to cool off than a fly around the island. He had to admit, Wyst had done a good job on the new dormitories; not only had she managed to merge the dorms with the volcano itself, but she had somehow managed to get the spirits of the islands to help her? Via him? Sky still wasn't sure how.

Swooping lower, he spotted a familiar face among the trees below him, and went down to greet her. Wyst was apparently taking her anger out on a tree when Sky stepped out of nowhere and gave her a short wave. "Heya."

Wystria

As her breathing calmed Wyst heard a familiar voice echoing from behind her and instinctively she shivered. "You know, I really hate when people sneak up on me..." she pouted lightly as she said this, but nevertheless she faced Sky and performed a light bow. "Well, you'd do better than a tree anyways... accompany me for a bit."
Without waiting for a response she struck out, a spear of coagulated darkness forming in her hands as it pierced forward, seeking to impale the headmaster along its length. Anyone who'd seen Wystria fight before could tell that this strike was different than the usual, it was a bit faster, and far more solid than before. In fact, upon closer inspection, one would notice that the spearhead and shaft had a whole new level of detail to them, the wispy construct of darkness no longer blurred at its edges as if it were half ethereal, the spearhead looked as if it'd been carved from obsidian, and the shaft as if it'd been crafted from the charred remains of some ancient tree. Thin engravings decorated the spear, lining its length until they disappeared beneath the dusky fingers of its wielder. As for the wielder in question? Her magic pulsed through her body, on the verge of advance, of changing something, her power seemed to wax and wane like the cycles of the moon, unstable, but clearly on the brink of transformation. With a twist of her wrist Wyst added rotation to her thrust, fully aware that holding back against Sky would only result in her loss, and likely her failure to advance.

"Honestly, and surprisingly. I kinda agree with Ryker. I forgot how annoying it was to sit at a desk all day. But yeah they're important I suppose" Aura said in a dull tone. She yawned, when she opened her eyes she found herself looking at a boy, she didn't know him well but he had kind of introduced Ryker and Kevin to Aura. He quickly ran off, after being startled by the bell.

She rubbed her eyes and looked back over to Ryker and Kevin, "well... Any plans for lunch?" She asked quietly, not really paying attention to the conversation.

"I guess people are upset about the disasters that we got involved with," Ryker said giving a faint shrug to Zach's question. "I mean I guess people think we're show offs."

He turned to look at Erin who walked over. "Yeah, I'm her twin brother, Ryker." He said giving a grin.

And then Aura asked about lunch plans. "I mean I'm assuming eating is a given right? I'm pretty hungry." He gave a laugh while rubbing his stomach. "Maybe we eat outside? Maybe climb a tree and eat there?" He suggested.

Sky's form flickered, shifting from being in the path of the spear to Wyst's left, his arms still bare and unarmed. The strike was still relatively slow, but at the same time considerably quicker than most others that he'd encountered. Looking closer, her aura appeared to be doing something unusual too, but this was pretty normal around humans. "It is just me, or are you a bit more emo than normal?" Sky asked, giving a faint shrug whilst at the same time sending a concentrated gale at her, head on. Not to harm, but simply to disorientate, and knock her over.

Last edited:

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Mika Quickly ran into the cafeteria, very excited for lunch. She was waiting since recess for this moment. She looked at the lunch menu and took the first thing she could and sat at a table alone. She took a quick glance at Kevin, Ryker and Aura. She watched them in disgust.
'They are the big show offs evewyone in cwass talks about.. They are weally weird,' Mika stated to herself. Mika didn't know why they were weird but if other people didn't like them, she wasn't allowed to like them.

~~

Lucas sighed as he walked into the cafeteria. The past month hasn't been that exciting for him and besides Cade, he felt as if that most of his relationships have felt awkward recently. He was also annoyed that there wasn't much empty tables so he sat on the table next to Mika. He did know her but not well. He sat opposite to her. Mika looked at Lucas, he looked depressed and needed some friends. She got out of her seat and sat next to Lucas. Lucas didn't like this

'Go Away, go back to your seat,'

'I don't wanna, Stop looking so sad,'

'But-'

'NO BUTS!!'

Mika then bursted out laughing on the word 'but'. Lucas sighed and shot a quick look at where Mika was looking before. the outcasts were there. He hated them. He didn't like how they got all the attention and he hated how they thought they were special but they were like him... Just people with powers... Of course he knew that they were quite tough but he thought he would be able to destroy most of the freshman.. They were younger. Lucas went back to eating... In silence... Until Mika started talking to him about her day

Wystria

A fierce gale blew, but besides the usual things that wind would do... it failed to do much. That would, of course, be attributed to the series of shadow-form, recurve, fang-like spiked that lined the bottom of her boots. They gave her more than enough traction than was needed to resist a bit of wind, she even figured she could stand on vertical surfaces. Her short-cropped hair defied gravity for a few moments, revealing the pointed tips of her elvish ears and more noticeably, her spear abruptly dissipated as both hands relocated themselves, firmly pressing down on her skirt, which also threatened to defy gravity. A slight blush of embarrassment crept across her face and she gave the air spirit the same look she'd give an overly mischevious child. "How underhanded..."

Aggrieved as she was there really wasn't much she could do about it, it was but an unfortunate side-effect that accompanied Sky's abilities. Though the fact that it wasn't intentional surely wouldn't stop her from shooting Sky scornful looks of reproach.