• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

"I'd go with Clay's plan. Faster we get out of here the better." Kevin said. Kevin's senses were screaming. Something was causing his primal tendencies to cry out but he didn't know what.

Something wants to hurt us. We have to kill it, we have to FIGHT!

Kevin shook his head to fight the voice, before he heard another familiar voice call out to him.

"Ryker? Over here!" Kevin called out, hoping he heard his call.

Last edited:
"Now that that's settled, how are we going to find Ryker? We can't just leave him here. Ryka, could you find him by sound?" Tia said. "I don't know. I'm a cat not a bat. And bats are better at finding things by sound, you know, because of the whole echolocation thing." Ryka said. Her tail flicked back and forth anxiously.

"Hey! Kevin! That you?" He called out cupping his hands over his mouth. Then he got an idea. He clapped his hands together, using a bit of energy, he made a loud clap noise that echoed through the cave. He hoped they could follow it to him.

Kevin heard Ryker's voice and knew he had to act. Kevin's took a deep breathe. His eyes flickered into reptilian form as his body began was soon covered in scales.

"I'll look for him. My eyes can see the darkness and I recognize his heat signature. Wait here, I'll be back as soon as I can." Kevin started to say before he felt a loud echo.

"Can Ryka track that?" Kevin asked.

"Maybe. Either way I'm going with you." Ryka said. "Maybe there's a way to let him know we're coming." Tia sighed. "Let me try something." she said. A ball of electricity appeared in her other hand, this one about the size of a tennis ball. Tia flicked it towards the ceiling of the cave. A flash of light was followed moments later by a crackle of electricity. "That's all I've got. We'll wait here for you." Tia said.

Kevin nodded before looking at Ryka.

"Stay close to me. Let's go." Kevin said before moving towards the darkness. His reptilian vision allowing him to move through the dark tunnel with no issue, making sure to pace himself for Ryka's sake. Eventually he sensed a heat signature up ahead.

"Ryker is that you? Can you hear me?" Kevin called out.

Kevin heard Ryker's voice and moved further down the tunnel before he soon saw him.

"Ryker! Are you okay?" Kevin said, greeting Ryker in his reptilian form.

"Also this is Ryka, she'll help us get out of here." Kevin said referencing the cat next to him.

Last edited:
"Woah, is that your power? It's so cool!" Ryker exclaimed forgetting the potential danger of the whole cave situation. "And sweet cat," he added noticing the cat beside Kevin. "So how do we get out. I heard Rio screaming about how we should get out, so we should probably follow the Headmistress' lead."

"Yeah...anyway just follow me. Others will be waiting for us at the end of this tunnel. They'll get us out of here. Just stay close to me, same for you Ryka. Now let's go." Kevin said, mustering up more courage than usual. Kevin didn't know if this was his own growing confidence or just the powers subtle change in his nature; either way they needed to get out of here. Kevin began to walk down the dark tunnel.

Ryka nodded. "No doubt." she said. 'I came in here with just Tia. I'm leaving here with a heck of a lot of more people.' she thought. Once again her tail swished back and forth anxiously. She was definitely ready to go. 'The sooner we leave this place, the better.' Ryka thought. She started to follow him.

"I-I don't know... It just... they're gone. That thing just- it's like Viiper." She stuttered, slipping into shock from both recent events and memories of ones from 200 years ago. Normally, Rio was more put together, more sturdy, and certainly wasn't scared of anything. She was beyond that point now, the poor woman's dragon instincts had left her, leaving behind the scared human she was. Even more out of character, she openly searched for physical contact with her friend, latching onto his arm and curling up to make herself smaller.

"Hey. Don't worry. Viiper is behind us, and that thing won't be a problem. I've been through stuff just like this before, and I came out fine, so I'm sure you'll be able to." Sky said gently, taking her into his arms. "We've been through worse, and look at us now. Owning a school, still alive. This'll be just the same."

Then something did a flip in is stomach. Something was off. "They couldn't have rescued the students yet, so they could still be here. There wasn't enough time for them to escape without them! We need to help" Ryker shouted making a fist. He made a turnaround and ran deeper into it, leaving the others.

His entire stomach was in knots. Was this really a smart move? To risk his life, to maybe save some strangers against powerful creatures that scared the even best this academy had to offer. He clenched he fist tighter, and grinded his teeth together. He needed to do this.

When he entered he saw the grotesque figure and gagged a bit. This wasn't going to be easy. He would end up over exerting himself, and who knew what would happen when that unfolded. He released a primal roar from his throat and jumped ahead, with his fist raised. He skyrocketed froward, by using his ability and swung at the beast's heads to hopefully hurt it. He was fighting primarily on instinct at this point.

Zander stared up at the monstrous beast in front of him. He was frozen in place, his heartbeat could be heard in his ears, and his grip on his blade weakened. After a moment of panic, a strange calmness washed over him. Realization set it at that moment, "Look at it....." He glanced at the vile beast. "If its not stopped now itll just cause more panic and death...."
He closed his eyes and breathed in and out slowly "Okay...we can do this..." He repeated those words for a moment before before smacking his cheeks to make him more alert. He took a fighting stance, his shark tooth sword held out in front of him. "Well, if I die...." A small grin formed on his face, "...at least I enjoyed myself." And with that, Zander rushed at the creature, quickly swinging his blade down, aiming for the beast's neck.

Kevin cursed at he saw Ryker ran off. After all the effort he made to get him! Kevin thought for a moment about what he should do before coming to a decision.

"Ryka go down the tunnel, meet up with the others and get out of here. I'll get Ryker back. Don't wait." Kevin said before running after Ryker. He soon arrived and saw Ryker and another guy face to face with a monster straight out of a horror movie. This was not going to be easy.

Rio shakily nodded. Of course, she really didn't have to go back down there did she? There were super humans down there, they could handle it, eventually. The beast probably wasn't smart enough to go to the surface. She was just human, she could leave and not look back-

If one could see the inner turmoil inside Rio's mind, she'd be shoving the thoughts of a 14 year old Rio into a box and kicking that box into an abyss. "OK, what the hell, I am not human anymore by a long shot." A fire seemed to light itself in Rio's eyes again as she detached herself from Sky. "You're right. Damn I think I forgot for a few minutes that I'm a dragon."

Of course, Rio quickly faded as her Draco persona made it's surface. Where Rio was more gentle and easily shaken, Draco simply didn't give a damn. She leapt to her feat, heart pulsing madly as it coated her body in Draco's official garb. She peered down at Sky through her golden mask, "I think some monster is overdue for an ass kicking, don't you think?" With an exhilarated laugh, she dashed back into the tunnels, "You catch your breath, Gusty, I got this!"

Back down in the cavern, the monster's slow reflexes couldn't stop the oncoming attacks. With a screech, Ryker's punch caused a sound crack in the skull and knocking its heads back, and Zander cleanly sliced through the mouth on its neck and relieving the beast of its heads. The monster screamed in what wasn't truly agony, the tongue from the lower half of the mouth still attached to the main body twitched madly as the tar gushed from within what could only be its throat.

Then, that sickening sound of bubbling, stretching tar returned. The beast moved sluggishly, the blood of the beast floating into the air and slowly formed detached bits of flesh around the mouth. One of its deadly tails snaked around the severed heads, and lifted it to the general area of the new flesh. It dropped the head early, but the tar had a firm grip on the severed area, and slowly dragged the heavy heads towards the neck with that same stretching sound. The head bobbed around, lifeless, even as the skin and flesh reformed, the mouth split again around the neck, forming new teeth and seemed to grin in satisfaction. The heads tested their jaws, and the eye relit as it came back to life. The thing shrieked at the students around it.

It spun rapidly, the deadly tails lashing everywhere, and its arms grabbed at anything near to it, rocks included, and throwing them at its various mouths where they were grinned to dust. It even tried to bring the tendrils on its back into play, screeching as it readied to launch them foreward, only for a bright fiery explosion to light of the dark cave. It screamed in true agony this time, its back was smoking and filling the room with the smell of burning tar, and the tendrils disintegrated. Its eye rolled around the room, landing on the firey gold figure that landed in front of it. Its tendrils slowly regenerated as it roared at Draco, crouched on the ground in front of it.

"You know, when a teacher says run, she doesn't mean towards the danger, even if that is something I would totally do." she quipped behind her, a mad grin on her face as she looked at the students in the cavern with her.

Zander dashed backwards, his sword dicing through falling rocks with ease. He stopped next to the Headmistress. "Sorry Draco, seemed like fun. You can punish us later." He spun his sword in his hand as the creature regenerated. "So, this thing can regenerate from almost anything....hm..." He stood in deep thought for a moment, completely disregarding the life or death situation he was in. "Okay, so I think ive got an idea, its a long shot though. Draco, do you think your flames are strong enough to completely destroy the creature if I uh.....break it down into smaller pieces?"

Kevin looked at the beast, his fear keeping him from hearing Zander's plan. All he knew was that he'd be no help in his current state. It was just too much. He looked around at the others and let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry."

Kevin then gave into the primal urges. Allowing the beast inside to wake up. Kevin began to change. His form grew bigger, his teeth sharper, his claws longer, a tail generated. His clothes ripped as he grew. Soon a ten foot tall lizard humanoid monster stood where Kevin had once stood, but his thoughts were on pure primal rage.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Kevin roared as he charged the beast.

Last edited:
"Hey, sorry to barge in," Ryker said awkwardly. "Things looked a little problematic," he added sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head.

Then he saw Kevin change. "So should we follow it's lead?" he asked as he saw Kevin charge.

Catch my breath. Heh. Good one, Sky thought to himself, returning to him gaseous form to regain energy. Watching Draco run back down into the cave, he was suddenly overcome with frustration and slammed his body into the ground, the equivalent of punching a wall, I suppose. "Come on. There must be something I can do to help them back down there." He growled to himself, scanning his memory for some sort of way to get underground without loosing all of his power. "Ten thousand years. Someone must have told me, or I must have done it at some point." Sky was speaking to himself at this point, and honestly, it was lucky he had no mind to loose sanity from. If he had any sort of human emotions, he would have gone insane long ago. As it was, it was simply a way to focus.

Then, out of the blue, a memory surfaced. Approximately six thousand years ago, trapped underground.... Sky, not the time for a flashback. He chided himself, then reformed and steadied himself, floating a few inches off the ground, then Sky gritted his teeth and held out his hands. Slowly, a small blue orb began to emerge from his chest (which, for stereotypes sake, is where he'd put his Core in his human body), and floated into his hands, taking on a more solid form until Sky was holding what looked like a light blue stone, around two inches in diameter, perfectly round and pulsing gently.

Sky dropped back down to the ground, and let out a sigh of relief, before stepping into the cave cautiously. After hitting the incline again, he clenched the stone in his hand, and felt the natural energy pulsing against his palm. Holding it up, he then [I have suddenly developed writer's block, please excuse me if the rest of the post is complete shit], focused on the power stored inside of the 'Stone', slowly shaping it into a weapon. His power worked a bit like water, resisting certain forms, so Sky just about let it take it's own shape, only helping it along sometimes.

Eventually, he had formed a strange weapon, with the shape of two disks next to each other, joining at his Core and glowing a shade of blue not unlike the sky. "Right. So, that worked. Now all I need to do is make sure I don't drop my Core, and I should be fine," he commented to himself, whilst inspecting his semi-physical weapon. Sky then ran down to the cavern where rest of his students were, and dashed forwards, ducking past the others and helping the creature with his fashion crisis by removing half of his tendrils at once, then retreated back to where his colleague was standing. "Hey. How's it going?" Sky asked casually

Ryka ran down the tunnel. She honestly didn't want to leave him alone but she would not be much use in either form. Clay used his intangibility to get them out of the tunnels. Then he flew off to the school. When he came back he had a familiar object in his hands. "That's one of the weapons Ziggy designed for me!" Tia exclaimed. "I'm going back in. I figured you might want to come with me. So what do you say?" Clay said. He held out the sword. Tia groaned. "We are going to get in so much trouble. But I am not going to leave them behind." Tia said. She took the sword Clay offered her and the two used Clay's intangibility to reenter the tunnels and headed for where the others were.

"Oh the usual, just trying to destroy a massive evil monster that'll probably devour my soul if we don't take care of it now." Draco responded, not batting an eye at Sky's sudden appearance, however grateful she really was to actually see him there. She looked to Zander, "I like your thinking." She glanced at the room around her, Zander: he had a sword. Sky: He could summon razor sharp blades of air. Ok, that's two people who could slice things, she could incinerate everything; now she just needed to know what Ryker was willing to-

The blood curling roar of a reptilian creature cut through her thoughts as a large lizard humanoid burst to existence and crashed into the monster. The black beast screeched, but had been caught off guard and could not fight back just yet. Ah, that takes care of that. "Zander, you slice that thing into sushi, and try not to get sliced by Kevin in the process. Sky, you make sure to sever it's limbs if they threaten any of us, and keep doing that if they regenerate. If I see something fall off, I'll burn it. And Ryker, see if you can use your powers to get some extra power to help us out."

Kevin continued to pummel, slash, bite and spit acid at the beast with ferocious intensity. Nothing else matter. Kevin had to kill this thing, he NEEDED to kill this thing, primal rage fueling his relentless assault. Kevin remained oblivious to everything else around him, his mind gone in place of monstrous instinct.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAA" Kevin roared again, before going back to the attack.

"What do you mean by th-" but Ryker's comment was immediately stopped as an arm shot out and grappled around Ryker's waist. It threw him up in the air, and caught him, before slamming him into the ground. Then it began to slam Ryker into the ceiling of the tunnel over and over again, until after the fiftieth blow, Ryker caught himself and grabbed at the limp, ripping it in half.

"Oh, this is what you meant," he said twirling around and punched the creature in the face. "Booyah!" He shouted.

Last edited:
"Gotcha." Sky grinned, his typical cocky attitude coming up, before realising the situation he was in, and the smile faded away. Concentration on his face, he swung his blades forward, slicing through two of the tendrils which were curving round the back of the other superhumans, then attempted to cut through another one heading straight for him. Unfortunately, whilst he was focusing on this one, he didn't see the others that he had lobbed off flying back towards the host body, and swept his legs out from under him. Sky's body hit the ground heavily and, Core clenched in hand, he struggled to get back to his feet. The tentacles responsible then shot towards him, reattached to the monster, and hoisted him up into the air, pulling him back to the creature, which grabbed onto him, and slowly, his feet began to sink into it. "Shit! Guys, help? Please?" Sky yelled, panic begining to show as he thrashed.

Daniel burst through the pod that held him. He wiped of a bunch of residue left and said," All this for some damn slackers, wait where did the others go, I could have sworn they were here." He grabbed his sword out of the pod and started walking deeper into the cave.

Zander bounced off the walls around the room removing as many pieces of the creature as he could. "Good thing it takes some time regenerating!" He yelled while take out its right leg. He heard Sky's voice and dashed that direction. He swiftly removed the tentacles laced around Sky before quickly trying to jump up into the air, only to be smacked to the ground by the creatures open hand. "Shit! I cant cushion my fall!" Was the last thought he got out before slamming into the cave floor with tremendous force.

~CRACK!!!~

The sound could be heard echoing through the cave, Zander landed on the edge of a large boulder, effectively breaking his back. "AH! Ghhrr! Gah!" He growled an incoherent slew of sounds as his body lay, bent unnaturally, over the rock. The grip of his sword slowly lessened until it slipped from his fingers making a loud thump as it hit. "Focus Zander......" He thought, even while in immense pain the voice in his head was still calm and rational. "You can fix this, just focus...." He closed his eyes and tried to slow his sporadic breathing as much as possible. His body began to shift and pop as his back bent the direction it was meant to. "GOD THIS HURTS!!!" He screamed internally as his spine slowly began to slide back into place.

A blast of electricity and a blast of something green hit the creature. Tia flew in ahead of Clay. Sparks surrounded her sword. Before Clay could say anything, she had sliced one of its arms off. "You shouldn't have done that." Clay said. The creature eventually managed to regenerate the arm. "Clay, any chance you could overshadow this thing?" Tia asked. "You want me to try to overshadow that thing! No way!" Clay exclaimed. He crossed his arms. "Now is not the time for this!" Tia said.

Draco winced from the crack, the corner of her eye managed to catch Zander twitching in pain as his bones healed themselves. She fought against her urge to run after him, she knew his powers, and he would heal. She shook her head, eyes narrowing into thin slits. With a feral growl, she launched herself foreword, tugging Sky to his feet as she dashed by him. Coating herself in flames, Draco then launched herself into the beast right as it finished regenerating its arm. With a screech, the thing gradually melted at her point of contact, severed limbs and tentacles too close to the ball of flame disintegrated.

Once her momentum had ceased, the flames relocated themselves to her back and claws, forming her wings which flapped around madly as they kept her balance and her small form pressed against the monster. The tips of the wings burned the creature with each flap, and her flame coated hands and feet lashed out at anything close range. With another flap and a jump, Draco pushed herself away from the beast as it began to recover. The creature snarled with some otherworldly noise, and swiped one of its remaining tails at her, and Draco landed with a thud and slid across the floor.

She growled, looking up at the thing. She damaged it all right, and now it couldn't regenerate a majority of its limbs. Well, it was still regenerating, but it was so slight that it looked like it wasn't healing at all though Draco could see it, slightly. She then noticed a sickly amber orb, part of it exposed from her flames, inside the center of its body. "We have to remove that gem!" she yelled into the cave, hopefully someone was still able to snatch it before it healed over. She was feeling dizzy from fatigue.

Clay flew over to the creature and snatched the gem. "I got it! Now what do I do with it?" he said. Tia looked at him and shrugged her shoulders. She was as clueless about this as he was. He tossed the gem to Tia. Tia caught the gem and looked it over.

"Phew. Thanks." Sky said, relieved. Although slightly distressed about the state of one of his students, he knew that regeneration of anybody who was a human was never a pretty sight. Looking at another of the teens, his eyes widened as the creature sprung forwards, with a speed unexpected for something it's size, and collided with the pupil directly, the strange orb in her hand being sucked directly back into the monster and its multiple limbs beginning to grow back, as well as it's body.

Sky looked at the thing, the gem still in his mind. He looked in his fist, where his Core was still glowing slightly, his weapon extended out. "What in the sky?" He muttered to himself

"The resemblance to Viiper's creatures is way more than coincidental," Draco growled gently. The creature roared almost gleefully as it was reunited with the gem and regenerated. "Alright, I know what to do." She chirped. Leaping towards the monster she ran around it on all fours, jumping right in front of its face and dancing out of its reach. Because she was surrounded by students, she yelled insults in a foreign tongue only Sky knew, and oh boy would he have a long talk with her about her choice of wording.

Whatever she yelled apparently the beast understood as well, for it screeched at her in fury. The mouth across its torso opened, the long tongue lashing out at firmly gripping Draco's ankle. Draco his her grin, igniting her wings and flying away from it. The beast snarled, and pulled back, Draco flapped her wings in a frenzy, pulling away at a snails pace until her claws latched onto a stone. Flipping over, one hand in each side of her head gripping the stone on each side, she face the mouth of the beast.

"I cannot believe I am doing this. Again." She sighed, and she flashed a grin towards Sky, before letting go of the stone. With a whoop and a holler, the beast pulled her into its torso mouth, and of course Draco had turned herself into the human slingshot. The monster grinned as the headmistress disappeared, turning to the rest of its prey with a malicious grin on all its mouths. It stepped foreword as if it had all the time on the world, lazily lifting a claw to finish them off-

It froze. Twitching it what could seem like pain, before doubling over with a scream. It rose in a panic, clawing at its chest as it started to glow beneath the skin. Suddenly, a piercing din ripped through the cavern, as flames started eating the monster from the inside and claws dug their way through its chest.

Digging her way out of the beast, Draco emerged with a feral grin, scooping away chunks of the monster before leaping out. Covered in the tar, or blood, she had the amber gem firmly grasped in one hand. The beast tried to reach for her, but with her hands engulfed in flames she crushed the gem. It slowly cracked, and the beast cracked and glowed amber with it, until the gem in Draco's claws crumbled to dust. With a final scream, the creature exploded, the remains of its tar like body splattering around the room.

There was a moment of silence. "Did everybody see that because I will not be doing it again." Draco quipped.

The creature's death did little to change Kevin, who began to eat the remains. After the fight, Kevin was hungry. It paid no attention to the others around him. One would think such a creature would be unappetizing, but Kevin's monster form could eat almost anything, nor was it picky.

Zander flew forward onto his hands and knees, breathing heavily with one eye clenched shut. "Damn...I almost couldnt heal from that!" He smacked himself mentally for his naive actions these past few years. He picked up his sword, now reverted back to its small, shark tooth form, he clipped it onto his necklace before quietly stumbling towards the exit. "I shouldve trained my bone manipulation better. I was reckless and nearly got myself killed...!" He punched the wall next to him causing small cracks to splinter out around his fist. He was angry with himself, angry that he was taken down so easily after so many years of training. "....fine....ill train my other powers...." His words were slightly broken apart as he made this promise to himself.

"Eh, seven out of ten. Good exit and explosion, but no fire and no damage to the cave." Sky commented, watching the tar crumble to dust (unfortunately for Kevin). Owing to the fact that he was, at present, fully human he had no access to the telepathic connection, so had to resort to an archaic language he and Rio shared. "Are you all right? The stuff inside that thing must have done something to you. Anyway, I really need to get out of this place. I'm paranoid I'm going to drop my Core, and, well... That wouldn't be the best of ideas."

"No... Sky... I'll be just... Peachy...." She pants, seemingly winded. She looked down however, noticing the large cut across her entire torsos, bleeding sluggishly her copper colored blood. "Oh... Never... Mind, totally not... Peachy..." She groaned, clutching the wound with one arm.

"Tail must of... Got me..." She stumbled towards Sky, hunching over with pain she didn't know could come from a small cut, especially when she had worse. "Let's just... Get out of... Here." She winced, stumbling as an abnormal amount of blood splattered against the stone. Shaking her head and using the tunnel wall to steady herself, and shakily made way to exit.

Kevin was angry the food was gone, letting out a roar as it slammed the tail into the cave wall. It was then Kevin noticed the others and got in a defensive stance, its primal instincts believing them to be possible threats.

"That's an idea. Having stamina is worse than I thought." Sky said to her, willing his weapon into nothingness and supporting her with his other hand. Slowly, the cave began to get brighter, until they emerged back on the surface, a cool zephyr on his face. "Finally." He breathed, holding the small blue stone up. It began to glow, floating upwards and starting to look just a little less physical, and sank into his chest. Sky then disappeared, the human body fading out of existence, and the wind dropped to nothing. "Ah man, it's great to be back." He said happily, before turning his attention back to his colleague's wounds. Taking on his typical human form, except now floating slightly above the ground, he took a closer look. "Some sort of infection? We should probably get back to the house, then we can see what's wrong."