• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

Kevin felt nervous as Zander walked closer to him, he knew he was focused on him.

"Uh, well. I-If I'm taking proper m-meds...I mean...n-no I can't" Kevin said looking down to the ground in shame at the end of his stumbling response.

"Geez, this kid can take pills to stop from turning into a mini godzilla? Must be some potent stuff.." as he finished his thought Zander nodded to Kevin before approaching the unknown girl, he gave her the same cold stare he had Kevin. "And you? You cant control your powers either?" Zander knew he seemed cruel but it was the best way to see if they would be reliable training partners. He already knew Ryker wouldnt break in half or something like that but he needed to study these two.

"I- I can control my powers depending on my mood" Aurora said, looking down at her hands. "If I'm scared or angry they're hard to control" She said. "What about you, what powers do you have?"

"Hm, I see. Well as Ryker has made clear, im Zander. And as for my powers, its a bit of a long story, for simplicity's sake, ive technically got two powers."

He looked around the area before walking over to a large tree and inspecting it. "Ah, this'll do." He rubbed his hands together before wrapping them around the base of the tree. He pulled up as hard as he could, his face slowly turned red as a vain stood out on his forehead. Slowly, the tree was uprooted from the ground. "Here we go!" He said with a grin before lifting the tree above his head and heaving it through the air as hard as he could. Acting quickly he pointed his palm outwards towards the tree taking aim. After a moment of struggle a large spear like bone shot out his hand and made a perfect hole all the way through the tree, exiting the other side. He quickly got down into a runners stance and waited for a moment. Seconds before the tree came in contact with the ground Zander dashed to the other end of the field at an incredible speed. He held his arms out in front him and caught the tree, his feet digging into the ground from the force of the impact. He dropped the tree next to him causing a loud thud before looking back to the younger students, letting out a sigh of relief. "Tada..." He said with a lackluster attitude. "Man that didnt feel good..." He thought looking down at his sore hands.

"Oh cool! My power is Ice Manipulation" Aurora said, she walked towards the tree. She pointed a finger towards the leaves, instantly the leaves turned to ice and fell off of the tree. Aurora picked them up and examined them closely. "Also... I've only done it once, but I can create massive snowstorms. But it takes a lot of energy out of me" She said, "I'm still learning to do advanced things like that"

Kevin frowned.

"Yeah. That's cool. I can turn into a monster that tries to eat people...and can't control it. Otherwise I'm just a kid with scales." Kevin said, as his body was soon covered in scales and his eyes turned into reptilian ones, but no other noticeable changes occurring.

Zander looked at the tree with his eyebrows raised. "Impressive....and for a further explanation I have....er.....lets say enhanced physical abilities and bone manipulation, but im not good with using the bone manipulation yet, still takes far more energy than it should" He turned his attention back to Kevin, "Do any added benefits come with this....partial transformation?"

"I'm sure that once you learn to control that power, that monster will be something good" Aurora said reassuringly, she frowned and looked down at the ground. "I've hurt people with my powers before... I never meant to, it just happened" She said.

Kevin understood where Aurora was coming from and gave her a smile.

"Thanks. I hope you're right." Kevin said before deciding to demonstrate what he could do. Kevin walked over and picked up a rock before throwing it in the air. He then launched spit at it which hit the rock as the acid spit began to dissolve it.

"My saliva is acidic, and I can scale walls for a short time. Beyond that and some extra-sensory stuff nothing to write home about." Kevin explained.

"That's so cool and really useful!" Aurora said as the rock dissolved. "My powers do come with a weakness though, I can't stay in really hot places for a long time. Usually my body is cold enough to stand warm temperatures, but when left in a hot area I get dizzy and I'm prone to passing out" She told the others, "I found that out when I went on a beach holiday."

Aurora couldn't believe she was actually talking to people and making friends, that was something she'd hardly ever done before. It was hard at her normal school, as she was different.

Zander nodded to Kevin while cracking his knuckles. "Interesting abilities...both of you. As of right now im to low on energy from showcasing my powers and.....other events from today. So im going home to rest." He turned and started walking away but stopped and spoke quietly to Ryker. "I feel we were made to improve each other and you havent even noticed it yet." For the first time ever he grinned at the younger boy before continuing his walk home. "If any of you would like to train meet back here tomorrow after class, later."

As Zander walked off Kevin thought about something. He didn't know what it was but he enjoyed talking to Aurora. Kevin couldn't explain it. perhaps having no friends throughout his entire life made the few people willing to talk to him made Kevin feel good on the inside. Same feeling he had when Ryker talked with him.

"Yeah, but once you learn to control your powers though you'll be a real powerhouse. My powers have obvious side effects." Kevin said reverting to his regular form. Then a timer went off as Kevin looked at his watch letting out a sigh.

"Great. Time for the juice." Kevin said to himself pulling a bottle from his backpack. He drank it, the chemical compound another of his mother's inventions that helped keep his...primal side in check.

"Sometimes I wonder if these powers are a curse." Kevin said to himself with a frown, putting the bottle away.

Aurora looked with curiosity at the juice. "That's what I used to think when I was young, especially after the-" Aurora stopped mid-sentence, her mouth trembling. She looked down, filled with shame and embarrassment. "After the accident" She said, releasing a big sigh.

Kevin turned to Aurora with a look of understanding.

"You don't have to say anything. Personal matters are personal matters." Kevin said, he knew full well what it felt like when his powers go out of control.

Last edited:
"No, you deserve to know... You've been so nice to me" Aurora said, she took a deep breath and started to explain.

"I was at a normal school, I was about 9. I was really mad, I screamed and yelled. My grandparents thought that my powers were dormant as I hadn't used them in about two years. But I was so mad, that my powers just burst out. The whole classroom filled with ice and the windows shattered. Spiky icicles filled the room, one student was knocked out by one of them and had to go to hospital" Aurora said, "That was when I started to hate my powers, and not go out in public..." Aurora was silent, her eyes stinging.

Kevin was speechless, really he didn't know what to do. Kevin's body then moved on its own as he soon gave Aurora a comforting hug.

"I'm sorry...that couldn't have been easy to deal with. I'm sure things will get better for you. You'll be a great hero." Kevin said in a soft voice.

"Thanks" Aurora said softly. She wiped her eyes and then smiled. "Speaking of heroes, I think we have another class soon" Aurora said, lightening the mood.

Aurora was happy, she actually had someone who understood her and what she'd been through. She was finally starting to feel like this place was her home.

Kevin couldn't describe this feeling. All his life he lived in pain, lived in fear. Ryker was the first person other than his mom to see him as something different than a monster. However he finally met someone who understood the pain of their own powers going out of control.

"Yeah..." Kevin said breaking the hug, giving Aurora a smile.

Aurora smiled, she could live with her powers as long as she didn't have to use them to hurt anybody.

"It's nice to know that there's someone who's going through something a bit like what I'm going through" Aurora said, sighing. "Anyway, what's our next class?"

"Combat Training. Should be fun...if I don't go crazy." Kevin said with a nervous chuckle, though the fear was in the back of his mind. Still knowing how to defend himself would be important.

"C- combat!" Aurora said frantically, she took a deep breath and relaxed. "I should be fine if I just keep it together" Aurora then said, smiling nervously. She started walking in the direction of combat class, "Anyway, maybe this will help me learn how to not hurt people"

Zander finally made it back to his room. "Well....I think I can miss one day of class after all that." He flopped down onto his bed then wrestled to get his shirt over his shoulders. "These....rgh....damn.....weights!" He grunted trying to free the the material on his shirt from the clasp of his gauntlets. "I have got to call Dad about removing these things, they just dont seem worth it." With that final thought, he laid back and drifted off to sleep.

"Yeah...sounds logical." Kevin said, trying to ignore the irony of learning from a combat class not to hurt others. Still Kevin followed Aurora to class, not like he had much choice.

"Oh yeah, by the way. You can call me Aura for short." Aura said, she thought about the combat class. "Of course we're gonna hurt eachother, it's a combat class!" She thought. Aura winced a little, she just hoped she didn't hurt anybody, she'd rather someone hurt her.

"Aura...I like that." Kevin said with a smile, Aura once again helping to lighten the mood. By comparison Kevin realized he was kinda a buzz kill. Still he hoped nothing went wrong during class. He couldn't forgive himself if he did something...bad to someone.

After the mention of powers, Ryker opened one of his comics and read a few pages to learn that Aura, as he had heard her knew nickname being used, and Kevin, had begun the trek to combat class. He followed ran up behind them and said, faking an evil voice, "Combat Class, excellent."

He then smiled and said, "Ya know, because I can absorb punches, so it'll just be a power boost."

Aura laughed at the voice Ryker did. "Combat Class will be a little hard for me, I really don't want to hurt anybody" She said, turning to look at Ryker. "But I'll imagine that you're going to love this class" Aura said to Ryker.

Rio whimpered again, immediately curling in on herself, rolling into a fetal position as soon as Aurrea had finished bandaging the headmistress's torso. "I can't do much else for her. Her body will burn off the pain meds before they even kick in, and she probably isn't going to react any time soon until this pain mulls over." Aurrea sighed. She looked up to Sky, "You should inform anyone involved in the fight about her, so they can avoid all this. Hopefully she'll be back and kicking in a day or two. But you should also go back to teaching you class." The little imp magically levitated herself out of the room, muttering under her breath in that same archaic language, "You can worry about your girlfriend later~" and with a snicker the spirit dashed off into the house.

Kevin walked behind Aura and Ryker, listening to their conversation, before Kevin pulled out a syringe and injected the green liquid contents into the veins of his left arm.

Damn it, I always hate doing this. But I can't afford to risk another incident.

The chemical would work to suppress Kevin's emotions and ensure he would be relaxed and avoid any troubling emotional imbalances that could lead to disaster. Kevin hoped it would be enough to keep anything from going wrong in Combat Class.

"Yep, cause I get to hit stuff, and get hit right back. That makes me, Captain Punching Bag!" He shouted, raising his arm like a salute and standing straight. He gave a laugh as he contiuned onto his walk. He gave a turn to see Kevin injecting himself. "Can't you overdose on that or something?" He joked.

"If I could I'd be dead by now. I have to take 12 pills from 6 pill bottles, three injections and two chemical drinks every day. No exceptions. It's a pain, but better than the alternative." Kevin explained, his voice devoid of emotion. The emotional suppression chemical in the syringe began to take effect as it suppressed all emotions, harmful or pleasant. An all or nothing arrangement if you will. Kevin then put the syringe away and continued to follow Aura and Ryker.

"Does Bruce Banner stop the Hulk with 'inner peace', this medication is the only way I can ensure I don't hurt anyone." Kevin said, referencing one of the comics Ryker showed him. That Hulk issue concerned Hulk losing control and wrecking a restaurant, something Kevin found painfully relatable. Kevin's tone would come off as angry and defensive if the chemical in his system didn't make it sound like deadpan boredom.

"Yeah, but there's alsways gotta be a way. Even if you don't know it's there," Ryker said giving a thumbs up. "You're not Bruce Banner or the Hulk. You're you. If no one has had a power like yours before than there is no way to tell everything about it. I'm sure you can learn to control it."

Kevin couldn't help but admire Ryker's optimism. At least someone believed his powers could be used for good. However Kevin also couldn't help but frown, finding Ryker's words to be beyond belief.

"I'll try. I'll really try. But...but that primal fury. That instinct to slaughter and destroy. It has a voice, I can hear it. The voice wants me to lose control, the voice wants me to unleash the monster within. The medication is the only thing keeping the voice away. If I stop taking it then..." Kevin trailed off, not wanting to think of a scenario where that monstrous voice can talk to Kevin all hours of the day with nothing to stop it.

"There's always a solution, it could be right under your nose and you still can't find it" Aura said, she smiled a little and looked at Kevin. "Don't worry about it, the more you stress about it, the worse it'll get" She said. She listened to Kevin and suddenly thought of something. "There is the possibility that the medication helps a bit, but maybe it's mostly you! When you take the medication do you feel safer or happier?" She asked Kevin.

"I-I guess. The medicine offers me reassurance. Knowing I can't hurt anyone does make me feel better..." Kevin said, unsure of what exactly Aura was implying. Of course he felt better when he took the medicine, it keeps him from going crazy.

"Well the medication makes you feel better, but that's because you think that you won't hurt anybody, which is stopping you from having that voice in your head. Maybe the medication doesn't stop you from going crazy, maybe it's what the medication makes you think that stops you from going crazy" Aura said, she then blushed and looked down. "Sorry, I tend to say what's on my mind when I think of ideas... it's probably just the medicine..." She murmured.

Kevin thought about Aura's words for a moment. It was true. Taking the medicine did make him feel better and gave him reassurance. Could it really just be mind over matter? Had he kept the beast back through sheer willpower? Aura's comments made Kevin reconsider his entire life.

"I-I don't know. What you say does make a lot of sense. But that means...I mean I-I couldn't have kept that thing from hurting people on my own, right? I-I'm not strong enough to do that..." Kevin said, more to himself than Aura as his mind showed visible uncertainty.