• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

"Gotcha. Let me see..." If anyone had bothered to look at a random patch of air at the top of an empty classroom, they would have seen it take on a slight blue hue, as Sky's reach extended beyond what was his natural detection.

After around five minutes of this, the air spirit still couldn't find them, which he found extremely strange. However, having communication with the local natural spirits proved to be extremely helpful, and one of the surprisingly friendly earth spirits eventually informed him of their location. "The caves? Why the hell would they be in there?"
"Don't ask me. They were making a real noise down there though. I could hear them from the volcano. Anyway, I'd better be off. See you around." The seemingly human body then disappeared into the ground, and Sky shot back towards the school as quickly as (in)humanly possible. Put it this way, he got there in two seconds flat. "Sparks? One of the spirits told me they were in the caves. We should probably go down there and check it out."

"See the line where the sky meets the sea, it calls ME, and no one knows, how far it goes!!!" Daniel loudly sang along to the song that was playing on his computer. He kicked his legs up unto his desk and took out his ear buds."I wonder what the school musical will be!" He put his earbuds back in and started singing again," When there's trouble you know who to calllll!!!"

Before Rio could even begin the last half of the lesson, Sky finally contacted her. Her entire demeanor changed, resulting in a frown and a rather cold air to settle in around her. "Alright, something's come up and I need to go deal with it." Rio informed her class, easily sliding out of her splits and straight back to standing. "Don't worry, I've got a reliable back up," She tapped away at her pad, and a few minutes later a great plume of water whirled its way into the gym, leaving behind a dark skinned lad. "Alright, Peter, I need you to handle these guys while I deal with something along with Sky." After receiving a nod, and sending a quick email to Daniel that his class had been located, she left the gym and headed for the caves, knowing Sky would gravitate to her on his own.

"In the caves, why the hell would they be in there, when they can be with ME." Daniel netted Plasma Mode and entered the caves through the entrance he still had his ear buds in, Despite the fact that his body was now completely Plasma. He walked down the entrance as his blue glow illuminated the whole cave.

(wait wtf since when could Peter jump dimensions)

Sky twisted his form into the physical world and his the ground running, keeping pace with Draco easily, on account of having an infinite reserve of energy. "So, what's the plan?" Sky asked, once again utilising the telepathic connection they had. "Do we just do a sort of grid search? Problem is... It's a cave. And you know how I feel about caves."

I know exactly how you feel about caves. Daniel already zipped on inside, chances are the kids might have gotten split up, no ground that large can stick together without one or two people getting distracted. You just stick by me, wouldn't do you any good to suddenly have the bond fizz up and drag your poor spirit through a bunch of stone walls now would it? Rio snorts, a tiny flicker of flame escaping her teeth. Summoning a small orb in her palm, she easily slipped into the cave, taking a sharp left then led her down a steep incline. Why would they come here of all places? None of those students had anything on their records that would hint at this sort of behavior. This is the one place your energy can't trace them, it makes me worry that there's a chance they didn't wander here on purpose. "More like they were purposefully dragged down here..." she though to herself, making another hard right and jumping down at least ten feet.

Meanwhile with the rest of the P.E class, Peter looked around with his solid white eyes. "I'm not going to bother with lengthy introductions. I'm Peter Blackwood, and I control water. It's highly unlikely that I will see you often or ever after this, so let's get this under way." He read off the roster, calling foreword five students and continued with the lesson, measuring their overall flexibility.

"Yeah... Problem is, literally none of my powers work underground. I can't do anything but stay in my human form and follow you. And I'm just gonna stay next to you, because as you said, if that bond activates... Let's just say that there would barley be enough of me left to fill a teaspoon." Sky shuddered visibility, then darted after her into the cave

The second he stepped onto the incline and began to head downwards, Sky felt what seemed like a great weight settling onto him. His running speed slowed, the slight levitation he had been using whilst about ground stopped, and the telepathic connection began to dim slightly, as if speaking through a bad line. "Sparks? This cave really isn't helping my running speed. I hate to ask you this, but mind slowing down?" He sent to her, eventually catching up. After jumping down the drop, Sky winced, then cursed himself mentally. Come on, Sky! Only ten feet, and you're already hurting yourself? Get a grip.

Zander glanced in the direction of Mr. Blackwood and furrowed his brow. "Hm....this has never happened before." He continued his stretches until the teacher wasn't paying attention and quickly left the classroom. He walked through the halls, peeking into the classroom's as he did so. "Nowhere to be seen...." He stood still for a moment and pondered before cautiously turning down one of the older halls in the school. "Hehe....man i'm gonna get in trouble for this."

Zander stood at the cave entrance and stared into the dark void ahead of him. His body tensed slightly as an extremely unnatural feeling washed over him. "Come on Zander......" He thought to himself before hesitantly entering. Thinking quickly he pulled the shark tooth off his necklace and held it out in front of him. It slowly grew in size until it was a full length blade. With a grunt of effort he made the bone contort downwards forming a grip and pommel. "Hehe, might be a good place to train if it wasnt restricted." With that final remark he began making his way deeper into the cave.

Last edited:
Ryker noticed the kid sneak off. He poked the kid from earlier, Kevin and said, "I'm gonna see what's up and gonna follow that kid just now. Cover for me." And with that the boy snuck out of the classroom, using his powers to put more output on his legs to increase his speed.

He saw the kid who left earlier pull out a sword and go deeper in the cave. "I'd better give him a hand." Ryker concluded running behind him. He tapped Zander's shoulder. "Need a hand?" He asked.

Being on high tension Zander's reflexes kicked in and spun around, pressing the edge of his blade against the boys throat. "Oh, sorry." He said quietly taking a step back. "A not really, I just came down here on a hunch." He turned his back to the boy and gripped his blade tightly while looking around the eerie cave, a small grin spread across his face. "The moment they told me about this cave freshman year I knew id end up down here at some point..." He glanced back at the boy, "I suggest you go back." As he finished speaking he started walking deeper into the cave.

Kevin didn't get a chance to protest before Ryker ran off to who knows where. This day was just getting better and better. Still though he could cover for the guy right? Just say he went to the bathroom or something.

Ryker stood calmly as the blade was pressed against his throat. It wasn't his first time being threatened. "I'm fine, but this cave is crazy. You'll get lost, so might as well have some tag along. There could be monsters or something here that you cant take on by yourself," Ryker said after the upperclassman walked away. Despite the fact he was a freshman, he wasn't really intimidated by other people or dark scary places. He followed the boy. "My name is Ryker, a freshman, who are you?" He asked trying to make light conversation.

Zanders brow twitched as the boy talked. "Okay, so hes clearly not getting the point that I prefer being left alone...." He exhaled deeply and stared straight forward while talking, "Im Zander, a junior, and if im not supposed to be in here your definitely not supposed to be in here." His words came out a bit cold and off putting.

"I don't think rules matter at this point if you think about it. There is an entire class missing. I'd prefer to help and get a slap on the wrist, then stand by and do nothing," Ryker said completely oblivious to Zander's tone. "Anyways it's nice to meetcha Zander," he added following Zander into the darkness.

Last edited:
Rio rolled her eyes, but she knew Sky's problem. She couldn't summon more than a flame down here, that was thanks to her heart being a constant energy source (one that was keeping her alive none the less) but staying in here for too long... Well eventually it'd be nullified powers before energy was drained from your actual body. She groaned, she hoped nothing was down there, else she's barely in the state to fight anything. And those kids, if they don't find them soon, their power's will be depleted and then the only other source of energy... She slowed down and hauled her friend onto her back and continued to carry him further into the caves, getting close to one of the caverns. Her heart flickered, and instinctually, she began growling the closer she got.

Sky's eyes widened momentarily as he was pulled onto his colleague's back, then focused on looking through the caverns. Sky felt the small amount of energy he had left for his telepathic ebb, and he quickly jumped off Rio's back and turned towards one of the walls. Angrily, he started hissing at it in an archaic sounding language, and received a few whispers back. After a short exchange, he felt his telepathic link solidify, and he said in English, "Thank you." Sky then turned to Draco, saying "I've asked them to stop for now. I could barley feel that heart of yours from here, and I was pretty much next to you, so you shouldn't be in danger of dying any time soon."

Kevin couldn't help but think about Ryker, whether he was okay or not, as well as the missing students. Kevin knew he was told to wait here with the other students. If he just ran out he'd get in trouble, plus he was told to wait and cover for Ryker anyway. There was nothing Kevin could...

"Remember my son, a true hero does what’s right no matter the risk" Kevin heard his mother's words loud and clear in his head. Letting out a sigh he decided to go see if Ryker was okay. Kevin was about to leave when he saw the older girl who sat with the young girl next to him during the ceremony.

"So, um, never got your name. M-mine's Kevin." Kevin said, walking up to the girl with a ball of nerves in his gut.

"Oh, you're that guy that sat next to me and my sister at the ceremony? I'm Rebecca, nice to meet you." Rebecca said offering her hand.

"N-nice to meet you. So, um...I gotta go and help a friend out can you cover for me and this guy Ryker okay thanks by." Kevin said rushing the last part out as quickly as he could before he dashed off leaving Rebecca stunned.

"Uh...okay. See you later?" Rebecca said barley able to believe what just happened.

Kevin followed the direction Ryker ran in and soon saw the entrance to a cave. Kevin second guessed his decision before letting out a sigh to enter the cave hoping to find Ryker inside.

Tia snuck out of class with the girl from earlier. The other girl heard talk of the caves and trouble. "We are so going to get in trouble for this. But let's check it out. They might need help." Tia whispered to the other girl, who nodded in response. Once they entered the cave the other girl changed into a cat. "I can follow the scent trail left by Draco. We can at least stay semi-safe that way." the girl said. "I never got your name. I'm Tia." Tia said. "I'm Ryka, now lets go." Ryka said. As they entered the cave Tia created a ball of electricity so they could see. "No turning back now." she whispered to herself.

Kevin continued to walk, his eyes having changed into reptilian ones to help him see in the darkness. Suddenly his senses detected something as he looked behind him seeing a bright light not too far from him. Kevin's...primal instincts kicked in as he dashed behind a rock to peek from trying to see what was the source while trying to hide. His enhanced vision saw a girl holding a ball of electricity and a cat.

"We're not the only ones following them. There's someone else in here. Their scent betrays them." Ryka said. "Figures." Tia muttered. "That some would follow them down here too." Ryka meowed in response. "Sorry. That happens on occasion." she said. "Show yourself!" Tia called out. "Ryka can smell you. So it's kind of no use hiding." Ryka slapped her face with her paw. "Real smooth Tia." she said to the girl with the ball of electricity in her hands.

Kevin cursed himself as the two seemed to sense his presence. He guessed the cat's name was Ryka, probably sniffed him out. Kevin considered his options.

"They want to hurt you. You have to fight. You have to…" A sinister reptilian voice said in Kevin's head before Kevin shook his head. Kevin then took a couple deep breathes before walking out from behind the rock and presenting himself to the girl and the cat.

"H-hello. I'm Kevin. A s-student here. I mean no harm" Kevin said, both trying to release some nerves and trying to suppress certain...primal urges.

Rio shakily nodded, she had declined to let Sky know she could feel herself dying, again. Still growling, she steeled her nerves and stepped into the cavern. Her eyes, seeing clearly in the dark, widened. She leapt back with a hiss, glaring at the ceiling. Pods, black and oozing, hung among the spiderweb like goo, occasionally dripping. A stray arm or leg was seen, and she knew these were the missing students.

"What the hell," she hissed. Looking in fear at the still, hanging orbs. "Something is down here..." She looked around the cavern, it was covered in the mysterious dark goo. She roared behind her, "SKY GET IN HERE!" She panicked, scrambling around the room and starting tugging at the hanging students who were enveloped in the sticky tar.

"I'm Tia. And as you've probably figured out by now the one who's currently a cat is Ryka. I assume you came in here for a similar reason to us." Tia said. Ryka looked around the cave nervously. "Maybe we should keep going." Ryka whispered in a voice Tia could barely hear. "I don't like this place." Tia looked down at Ryka. 'Me neither.' she thought.

"Y-yes. A friend of mine went into this cave and I got worried. Decided to, come help. I agree with Ryka, we should keep going. T-this place gives me the creeps, and I sense something...off about it." Kevin said, his senses picking up something he didn't like, but he couldn't figure out what it was.

Ryka nodded. "Scent trail leads this way." she said. Ryka started to follow the scent trail again, with Tia not far behind her. "You coming Kevin?" Tia called. Ryka waited a little distance away. Her tail flicked back and forth. It was all she could do not to yowl and jump on top of Tia again like she had at the ceremony.

"Y-yeah, right behind you." Kevin said, nerves clearly showing as he followed Tia and Ryka. Wasn't used to interacting this often with other people, his mom did say that would be a good experience for him.

"Zander, where are you?" Ryker called out. It was dark, and the boy was having trouble seeing. "I must of got separated," he concluded. He had heard about the multitude of tunnels, and he must have been separated from Zander.

Hearing Draco's cry, Sky ran in as quickly as possible, only to stop as soon as he entered the room, assessing the situation with almost machine-like calm. "Sparks, I've got no power. I'm gonna have to do this manually, so I'm not really gonna be much help." He stepped next to the nearest pod, and began to pull on the arm of a student.

Daniel saw Draco's plight and tried to fill the room with electricty. The electricty lit up the room as it grounded into the metal foundations of the school. " Well then, I must face this goo with my sword!" Daniel theatrically drew his electricty sword. His body regained it's solid form as he charged to save Draco from the pods.

Zander walked throughout the cavern not taking note in the fact that he got separated from Ryker. The sense of dread he had disappeared and was slowly replaced with a feeling of calmness and relaxation. Even without a source the cave tunnel reflected a strange dim light "...Wow...." His words came out quiet as he was entranced by his surroundings.
After a moment of complete silence his mind snapped back into reality as he heard someone yelling. "That was Rio!" He immediately broke into a sprint heading in the direction of the voice. "Where are they!?" He thought to himself before running into a large opening in the tunnel. Zander froze as he looked around the room to see his teachers, one of them initiating combat with a strange tar like substance, and the other two had begun pulling these circular egg like pods off the walls and ceiling. "What?" he looked closer at the pods only to notice students were sealed inside them. With a grunt of effort he jumped from pod to pod, carefully cutting them from the walls and laying them out of harm's way. "This is great! I feel amazing right now!" Zander thought to himself cheerily, not finding this sudden burst of vitality to be strange.

Ryka resumed walking, in the direction the scent trail lead with Tia close behind her. Tia suddenly had the strange feeling that they were being watched. 'Is it paranoia? Or something else?' she wondered. Ryka was walking when suddenly a ghostly pale boy with white hair and green eyes popped up out of what seemed to be nowhere. Ryka, startled, let out a yowl. "Clay! You mousebrain! Don't do that!" Ryka said. "Sorry." Clay said. "You know him?" Tia asked. Ryka nodded. "He's a friend of my sister's." Ryka's tone had changed from anger to annoyance at this point. 'Oh boy.' thought Tia.

Kevin walked behind Tia and Ryka before his senses detected something. Kevin's skin began to cover itself with scales as a ghostly pale boy approached them, before Tia and Ryka defused the situation. Kevin's skin changed back to normal as he walked up to the trio.

"S-so he's not a threat, right?" Kevin asked looking at the pale boy called Clay.

"Nah. Just an annoying half ghost." Ryka said. "Hey! I'm not annoying!" Clay said, offended. Then his tone changed to a more serious one. "I can sense all sorts of stuff. Most of it isn't good." Ryka's tail flicked nervously while Tia's ball of electricity sparked every few seconds. "If we want to help them we should move quickly." Clay said anxiously.

"S-sounds good. Let's move it." Kevin choked out still nervous about this situation, Clay confirming his earlier fears about something being off about this place not helping, but still a friend of his went in here and Kevin was determined to grow a backbone to help him if needed.

With a loud squelch, Rio came tumbling down to the floor with a resounding thud, the limp body of the student across her, completely dead weight. With a bit of a struggle, still regaining lost energy she had been sapped of before reaching the cavern, she lay the student beside her. Deathly pale, dull hair, grey skin, and milky eyes. Their skin was cold and clammy to the touch, and they appeared to be very, very dead, if it wasn't for the fluttering pulse that she felt in their wrist, she would have completely believed them to be dead. More revolting squelches sounded from the ceiling, tar peeling away and dripping onto the floor. It jiggled and spread out as it smacked the floor, but did not splash, and eventually thuds followed the tar as one by one the students hanging from the ceiling were dumped to the ground.

Her ears flicked, and swiveled in a few circles, trying to pinpoint... something. The noise was nearly silent, a sort of hissing sound. It rolled through the tunnels around her, quiet, flowing as if made of water and steam, gurgling repulsively every few seconds. Her eyes glanced in the dark, the tar like substance was barely visible in the dark. She watched, listening to the hissing get louder over a time that felt like hours. The tar moved.

It twitched, and shook, before scooting a few inches with a sucking sound as it peeled itself off the floor. In the dark, she noticed it shimmer, become more liquid like and seemed to only grow darker. Suddenly, the hissing began to increase, the sounds of fluid moving growing louder as the tar reared up like a large, black wave. Tendrils of the black substance rapidly sank to the cavern floor, creeping through cracks like the stone was bleeding, rolling out of the tunnels as if water was rushing in to drown them. The tar combined itself, twisting and swirling into a massive, irregular pile of tar. The hissing stopped and the tar went limp.

"We need to leave-" Rio gasped after some precious seconds of silence, but it was too late now. The tar reacted to her voice, springing up with a scream. Tendrils of tar shot out from the pile, latching onto the comatose students in the room, dragging them into the mass before anyone could so much as lift a finger to prevent it. The moment they hit the tar their bodies seemed to dissolve, peeling apart as easily and messily as cotton candy. Rio gagged in horror as the pile pulsed and shuddered until every student had been captured.

The pile sprang up into a massively humanoid shape, stick like and clumsy, dripping the tar as if it were extra and unneeded skin. The nearly twelve foot tall figure twitched, the sounds of peeling and growing muscles seemed loud to Rio's ears, as the body filled out with layer upon layer of lean and limber muscle. The figure, with a round stub for a head, stretched out a neck, something snapped and popped within as a skull began growing. The legs, not human and more animal, suddenly cracked as the feet sprouted scythe like claws made from bone, and the legs took on a vaguely skeletal appearance with hastily formed muscle glue to them. A tail sprouted from the base of the spine, splitting with the sound of tearing flesh into three long and arrow tipped whips. The arms bulged as they suddenly had a new spurt in length, the fingers popping as they instead became boney claws. Something crawled beneath the ribs, pushing against the skin, until with a great rip four more arms sprouted from the things sides, spraying the tar everywhere. The tar was still liquid and undeveloped along the monster's back, waving like many tentacles that eventually found purchase against the ceiling. The skull grew more, every boney feature defined as no muscle grew over the face. Barely any skin was pulled over the gleaming grey bone, which stretched into some mix of a long snouted creature. Ragged, matted, thin fur sprouted from the long neck like needles, leaving the rest of the body to be covered in sickly thin skin. Suddenly, the stomach and base of the neck ripped open, causing the neck and back to arch backwards unnaturally. These gaping pits suddenly grew boney spikes along the edges, and an inky tongue ran itself over the newly formed teeth before both new mouths turned upwards into a devilish grin. The skull suddenly split into thirds, the jaw hanging broken and wide. The fangs only grew larger, and the beast's tongue hanging limp. The sockets for its many eyes remain dark and empty, and its forehead suddenly ripped open to reveal the sickly amber eye in its forehead.

Rio listened to the sounds of the monstrous forming of the beast, nearly loosing her lunch, and instead a strangled sob at the mere sight of the thing escaped her. Sensing the shift in mood, the thing opened its mouths and screamed. "RUN!" The headmistress screeched, leaping to the side and scrambling around on all fours as the tendrils from its back launched after her. The beast clumsily swung its newly formed arms and tails around, scarring the stone around it deeply, but luckily seemed to miss everything it aimed for. Rio roughly snatched Sky by the collar of his shirt, dragging him with her into the tunnels. "DON'T FIGHT IT, JUST GET OUT!" she yelled behind her, scrambling around blindly as she didn't dare give off any light in the dark. She heard the tar squelch behind her, and she pushed herself faster, feeling something breeze past her. Her dragon-y screeches were hastily cut off and muffled, her breathing labored as she dragged the extra weight of her currently powerless friend, blindly trying to escape the caves.

Sky stood quietly, watching this creature slowly grow. He had seen worse of course, ten thousand years of living with supernatural things will help with that, but there was something about that thing... It just seemed plain unnatural. That tar was like nothing he had ever seen, both on the physical and magical spectrum. The stuff screamed 'HUMAN', the radiation coming off it feeling completely artificial, but there was still a tingle of magic below all that.

At the point when the monster began to grow bone, Sky realised what had happened to the children stuck inside the tar. Absorbed for your flesh. Not the best way to go, he thought. Under normal circumstances, he wouldn't really care about the loss of human life. After all, they were only humans. But the fact these were his students, the people who his job was to protect and help learn, and that made the deaths really hit him hard. And after it had finished forming it's body, Sky felt himself pulled across the collar, down back towards the exit to the cave.

"Oh, screw this." Sky muttered to himself, before opening up the link between the headmistress and himself. After that, he accessed his own source of energy, and began to feed that into Rio, attempting to give her enough energy to get away from the anti-nature monster behind her

Ryker stood there as he heard a shout from deeper in the tunnel. It sounded like Rio. "What could be bad enough to scare the headmistress?" He wondered aloud. Well she had said, not to fight, but to get out instead, so he should probably follow her orders. The only problem, was he didn't know where exactly where to go, and when he tried to leave ended up going deeper.

Rio, feeling the sudden burst in energy, leapt off in a dead sprint. Her heart flickered and sparked, before pulsing brightly as she was engulfed in flames and launched herself through the tunnels. She rapidly rose up higher through the dark mazes, until she sharply turned upon feeling a gentle breeze. Rushing more, she burst through the entrance, only to force herself to come skidding to a half. Her claws gouged the stone, and a few loose pebbles dislodged themselves and clattered down the slope of the great volcano she had managed to climb. "Aw hell..." she muttered, dumping Sky onto the ground next to her. Her pupils were thin enough to be non existent, she looked distinctly ruffled, and she shuddered from fright. She leaned against the side of the cliff, shakily lowering herself to sit.

Sky felt the cool mountain breeze on his face, and felt his strength slowly return. Not bothering to return to his natural form, he sat down next to Rio, using a small gust as a cushion. "H-hey... What was that? And more importantly, are you all right?" He asked his friend, concern in his voice

Ryka had heard the headmistress's cry earlier and told the others what she had heard. "Uh oh." Tia said. "Fastest way out involves using my powers to make a quick exit. Its either that or turn around and flat out run for our lives." Clay said. Tia, Clay and Ryka stared at each other. All three were somewhat indecisive. Then they looked at Kevin.