• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

As Zander walked away from the cave he heard words being exchanged from the direction he had just came so he decided to wait while the others caught up. He looked back and jolted as he realized who it was. He steadied himself, lifting his chin up as he walked over to his teachers. Even in tremendous pain he was trying to show his respect. "Headmistress....your wound...." He stared at the gash running along Rio. "Why is it bleeding so heavily? Thats not normal." He shook off the thought and stood almost at attention in front of his superiors. "Ma'am I suggest we get you to the infirmary quickly."

"Okay Kevin, practice some breathing exercises, like you know, namaste and stuff," Ryker said after noticing Kevin's fit. He took a few steps forward. "It's all good, in the metaphorical hood," he added giving a wide grin.

Ryker took another step, and gave a thumbs up, and relaxed his shoulders. If this was some kind of primal form, showing any fear, or anger might upset Kevin. So Ryker decided to do what Ryker did best. Chill out, and take a few hits if needed.

Kevin let out a roar, ready to charge Ryker. It's instincts screamed for it to kill him, he was a threat. He had to die...

No, NO! I won't do it. I control the power...the power doesn't control me!"

Kevin began to shake its head, trying desperately to regain control over his primal instincts. Kevin even slammed himself against the cave wall a couple times.

Rio had a small sheen of sweat from exerting herself too much, the costume of her Draco persona fading away, revealing the wound in full. In addition to bleeding copper blood, which was completely natural, it was also combined with a sickly colored... something that shouldn't be in her blood, the cut was deep but it looked like it had split and peeled even more than it should have, and was turning grey and black at the edges. "Thats... not... good?" she weakly chuckled. "Sky... help... get to... medical... tell... Aurrea... cancel classes..." She scrunched her eyes, the pain was becoming unbearable, a tiny strained whimper escaping her lips and her sentences becoming choppy. The headmistress certainly wasn't faring well, one could only imagine how much pain she was in, given that she could survive sixteen bullet wounds at once and barely feel a thing.

Aurora Dew sat at a back desk in Hero Basics I, paying as much attention as she could. She'd made sure to choose a desk away from as many people as she could. She'd known she was different since she was young, but this was all so new to her. Other kids were here, and they all had powers just like she did! Too bad she was too shy to talk to any of them, the teacher was explaining how heroes wore costumes and did good things with their powers, but yet, they weren't like the superheroes in cartoons. Aurora looked down at her hands, they were pale and cold, just like always. The teacher finished talking and dismissed the Year 9s to their next class.

Aurora walked outside and breathed in the fresh air, she was so confused, she didn't feel like this was real, but she knew it was. She walked back inside and headed towards her next class, unaware of what had just happened to several students and teachers.

Kevin began to make his way back to his next class. After the incident in the cave, Kevin was able to calm down and Ryker helped get Kevin back to school...good thing to because his lizard form made it so he had to come back naked due to torn clothing. Kevin made a quick change of clothes and moved to go to his next class, seeing a girl out of the corner of his eye on his way there.

Sky immediately acted, disappearing back into the air. He lifted Rio up on a plume of wind and shot back to the house as quickly as possible, setting her down in the infirmary (yes, of course the house has an infirmary. What did you expect?) and flying into her office. "Aurrea! Rio kinda needs you in the infirmary, get there as quickly as you can," Sky told the little dragon, then picked up the PA. "For all students who have lessons with the headmistress today, please head to your dorms for the duration of these lessons. Thank you." The announcement was relayed across the school, and the air spirit flew back into the infirmary, his concern for her distracting him too much to focus on solidifying. "Draco? Sparks? Do you know what happened?"

"She got hit by that thing's tail. Obviously, given what she's been through, she had no reason to think she'd react this terribly to it." Aurrea relayed to Sky, having opened up a small telepathic connection, given that Rio was too busy whimpering to form any coherent words. "Whatever it was, it's not Rio reacting to it, so I'd avoid contact with anything of its word again." Aurrea muttered, although visibly frantic, as whatever she was doing to help Rio was barely helping her condition.

Aurora flinched as she saw someone come towards her. She tensed, suddenly a whisp of pale blue light shot at the roof and formed a cluster of icicles, dripping with cold water. Aurora's face turned bright red, this always happened when she was anxious, it was just something she couldn't control. She stood there awkwardly before running off in a hurry to her next class, praying she wouldn't be in any sort of trouble.

"Gah... None of my powers can do anything. Healing is for the water spirits, not me." Sky was just as worried as Aurrea, although you couldn't tell that easily. "Rio? Can you speak through this?" He asked through the telepathic link, reasoning that since she couldn't use her voice, she might still be able to think clearly enough to communicate

Kevin watched the girl run off and let out a sigh. Good. An awkward situation was avoided, he had enough of those today as it stood. Kevin decided to make a quick pit stop in the bath room before going to his next class.

Aurora sat down at a desk in the middle of the classroom, looking down at her hand with a worried expression on her face. She could control her powers well enough, but if she tensed or was anxious, it was hard. She turned her eyes up to the front to look at the teacher, and let out a sigh. What she had just done was in the past, now she needed to focus on this class.

Kevin made it to class, having stopped by the bathroom to take his blood pressure and stress pills, before he sat in the back corner. He noticed the girl that ran from him earlier sitting towards the middle of the class. Kevin could only hope this didn't lead to something awkward.

Ryker ended up coming into class a bit late, as he entered Advanced Power, drawing the eyes of a few students. While he had changed out of his ripped clothing, from being beaten into a wall, his hair was still a mess, and still had some dust left in it. He handed the teacher a note before walking to an open seat before sitting down, next to a girl with pale skin.

"Those tunnels they mentioned are the real deal," he said cracking a goofy grin towards. Her, before laying his head facedown on his desk. While the teacher droned on, Ryker tried to get a bit of shut eye. However this teacher was a bit louder, then most. Well that, or his nerves will still in a bundle.

Last edited:
Tia dropped her sword off at her room and headed for her next class. Tia put her black leather jacket back on on the way there. She and Clay managed to make it to class. 'Seriously? He's in this class too! There's just no break from this guy, is there?' Tia thought. She sighed, then went to take a seat.

Aurora turned to see a boy talking to her, she flinched but then took a deep breath. "Sounds like it" She said. She then turned to face the teacher, maybe she could learn a bit of control in this lesson. Advanced Power seemed like it would be useful and interesting. Aurora looked over to the boy, who seemed like he was trying to sleep, then turned back to the front, eager to learn something useful.

Kevin watched with interest. Control of his powers is the reason he came to this school. He was sick of the medication, sick of the constant fear, he wanted to be free of it. Kevin wanted control over his life, he hoped this Advanced Power class could help him.

Ryker looked pretty bored as the teacher spoke. Sure Rio had mentioned that he had to learn to control his power, but there way no actually way to limit the absorption part of it. If he got hit, he would just absorb it. No one would really know, unless he released it. While thinking about this, he raised his hand to request a drink of water.

The teacher obliged and Ryker exited the classroom, towards the water fountain, deep in thought.

Aurora looked down and pointed a finger towards one of her pencils, a spark of blue light shot out of her fingertip, hitting the pencil. A pale blue layer of frost submerged the pencil until it was fully frosted. Aurora smiled, she could normally control her powers. She picked up the pencil and rubbed it between the sleeves of her clothes, eventually the frost melted. She looked up to see the teacher demonstrating something, though Aurora wasn't quite sure what she was doing.

Kevin watched the teacher's demonstration with as much focus as he could. But he found something continued to annoy him.

"Come on, we haven't eaten in a long time. That cave beast turned to dust too fast. We have to eat...we have..."

"No" Kevin said in a low voice, shaking his head to refocus on the teacher's demonstration.

Ryker bent his head towards the faucet and sipped the cool water. After all the excitement, his mouth was as dry as a desert. He took another long drink, before gulping it Dow, and wiping his mouth with his arm. He wandered back into his seat and continued to stare ahead, pretending to be paying attention.

Kevin again refocused on the demonstration but once again that familiar voice continued to annoy him.

"What's the point in fighting it? This is what we are. Eating is natural..."

"No..." Kevin said, a little louder this time.

"Come on, you have to use your powers to their fullest anyway. Can't control them if you don't use them..."

"No..." Kevin said, a little louder causing a person sitting next to him to look at him with curiosity. Kevin ignored this person and tried to suppress the voice and refocus on the class.

Aurora turned to see a boy talking to himself, he seemed to be fighting something. Aurora realised with shock that that was what she had been doing, with her powers. She needed to contain them, but she needed to use them. It was all so confusing! Maybe the boy was fighting his powers...

Aurora snapped her attention back to the class, the teacher was asking them to concentrate on a small item on their desk and see what happened. Aurora looked at a ruler on the other side of her desk, that was all she thought about. Slowly, tiny icicles began forming on the ruler, then suddenly they started to grow bigger and bigger and bigger. "Ms Dew!" The teacher said, Aurora's eyes widened as she realised that she had been unaware of what she was doing. The icicles were huge now and the ruler had snapped in half. Hastily, Aurora touched the icicles and they melted. She looked down, embarrased, her face had turned a nice shade of scarlet. The teacher looked at her sternly, then turned her focus back to the rest of the class.

Kevin barley heard the teacher's instructions, or saw the girl's ice powers go out of control, he was too busy fighting that terrible voice in his head.

"Well you heard the teach, focus on something on the desk. I got an idea how bout we focus on the desk itself..."

"No..." Kevin said, but despite his protest his hands started to produce reptilian claws that began to claw into the desk.

Last edited:
Zander nodded as his teachers shifted from view. "Well....lets hope she'll be okay." He spoke quietly to himself before falling back onto the ground breathing heavily. He lay there for a moment, recovering from the intense fight when the announcement played. "Well I guess I won't have to worry about being late, hehe..." He lifted his arm in the air and stared at the bulky weighted glove on his hand before letting it fall back to the ground, it left a large crack as it hit. "Gonna be hard getting anywhere like this..." He rolled over onto his stomach and began edging his way to the school. "Hehe....this would be a lot easier if I had enough energy to lift these damn weights....." He grunted while slowly closing the gap.

"Okay, maybe some people need a break, cause don't think telling them to control their powers, is actually helping them." Ryker sad standing up after noticing the beginning of Kevin's change. "I mean, if they're losing cntrol of their powers, shouldn't we, you know, get them out of the way of students. I can lead them somewhere else on the grounds until they get a grip," he added.

The teacher squinted at him. "Is this just an excuse to get out of class?" She asked him, angrily.

"Well think about it. I'm most qualified. You can't leave the class because that would cause chaos, and my power let's me absorb any hits that might come towards me. This is about earning to use your power right? It's a perfect example of it." Ryker said grinnng.

The teacher gave in, and Ryker walked towards the door, "Kevin and Ice girl, follow me if you would please," He said taking a bow, as he opened the door.

Kevin barley heard anyone as he ran past Ryker out the door. Kevin didn't make it far before falling to his hands and knees, currently in a panic over his claws growing and his eyes beginning to change. Quickly Kevin reached into his jacket and pulled out another pill bottle and took a couple pills.

"Damn it not that! You can't run from this for...."

The monstrous voice in his head faded as the pills took effect, his eyes changing back to normal and his claws retracting. Kevin remained on all fours, taking deep breaths to try and calm down.

"Just breath for a bit. After what happened back there, maybe taking a break from sitting down, will help. My nerves are a bit on edge too, so sitting there ain't helping me any," Ryker said as Kevin took his pills. "I know a class we have later is Stress Relief, or something along those lines, and it's taught by Sky. Maybe that class is what you need," he added taking a sip of water from the nearby water fountain.

Kevin finished his breathing and got up to a knee. Kevin looked at the pill bottle of the pills he just took, the dream suppressors that kept the voice away, and threw it aside in anger. Frustrated he forgot to take some due to the whole cave situation. Frustrated he needed to take them at all. Kevin slammed one hand on the floor.

"Damn it...what good am I? What kind of life is this?" Kevin said shaking in a soft voice, more to himself than Ryker. Kevin hated his life. What kind of hero was he supposed to be if he had to constantly worry about keeping his powers from hurting anyone? The pills, the syringes, the constant effort to keep himself from losing control. This wasn't the life of a hero.

Zander had crawled to the school and into the building slowly making his way to the infirmary. "Hello! Could I get some help?" He yelled while laying against the wall. A nurse looked over from across the room and quickly made her way to Zander. "What happened to you?" She asked while grabbing his arm to lead him towards one of the open beds. Zander winced as he laid down, "Ah.....well, lets see. I saved multiple lives, helped defeat an evil monster, and healed my own broken spine, so.....yeah im out of energy." The nurse stared at him with a bewildered look on her face. "We'll discuss this later, and youve clearly done more than run out of energy." She said while gesturing to the cuts and bruises all over his body. "I guess ill get started." She said quietly as she began healing him.

"Well if is any consolation. Being a hero isn't all cookies and cream. If it was, that would be awesome, but it isn't." Ryker said reaching into his bag, which he taken out of the classroom, earlier when he left. He pulled out a wad of comics and tossed them in front of Kevin, with a Batman comic on top.

"These may be fictional works, but even these heroes, have their own problems. Even in this real world, I'm sure Rio, and Sky, all have problems that they don't tell us about. We all do, but if we are heroes, then we hide them and smile, for everyone else's sakes." Ryker sat down, next to Kevin.

"The good is there you just need to find it. Trust me, I know it's there, but you're going to need to believe too."

Last edited:
Zander stared down in fascination as the cuts and marks on his body slowly faded. The green light emanating off the nurse's hands had an almost warm and soothing feeling to it. "Okay, I think that should do it. Ive healed your wounds but it still seems like your low on energy so I suggest taking it easy for the day." She said while taking a step back and looking him over. Zander slowly sat up on the bed with a small grin on his face. "Wow...thank you. I thought I was gonna be bed ridden for awhile after that." He stood up and and adjusted the weights on his arm and nodded towards the nurse before leaving.

Zander started back towards his dorm but noticed Ryker and others gathered outside. He walked up quietly hiding his presence well. "Wonder what the first years are up to..." He said quietly to himself while leaning up against a tree.

Aurora had been quiet while the two boys talked, one of which was named Kevin. She touched a bit of water in the water fountain, turning a bit of it to ice. She rubbed it a little and it melted. She could use and control her powers depending on her mood, which was always up and down. If she was angry her powers were uncontrollable but if she was sad she couldn't use them. It was so annoying. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed someone leaning against a tree, watching them. She turned to look at them fully. She realised the grass a few metres away was turning into ice. Her face flushed red and she turned away, leaving the ice to melt.

Kevin thought about Ryker's words and realized he had a point. In any event dwelling on his personal problems wasn't gonna solve anything. Kevin eventually made it back to his feet and turned to Ryker.

"Thanks Ryker, I needed that." Kevin said with a small smile before going over to pick up his pill bottle and put it back in his jacket. Kevin then turned to the girl by the water fountain. Kevin knew nothing about this girl, but he understood she also had issues controlling her powers. If nothing else the girl was someone he could relate to.

"M-my name's Kevin. S-sorry about making a...making a scene." Kevin said, stumbling over his words as he tried to introduce himself to the girl. Kevin was not very good at talking to people.

Aurora turned to face the boy, "H- Hi, My name is Aurora" She stuttered nervously, "Nice to m- meet you"

Aurora smiled at the boy and then looked over to the boy watching them from the tree. "Who's that?" She asked.

"Oh, that's just Zander," Ryker said giving Zander a wave. "Hey Zander! It's me Ryker. From the cave, the kid who got used as a hammer by that thingy!" He shouted loudly.

"Oh, yeah, and I'm Ryker, human punching bag," Ryker added giving a bow, and picking up his budle of comic books. He then stuffed them back in his bag.

Kevin immediately looked alarmed before pulling Ryker to the side.

"I-I don't think we s-should mention the cave to other students. I-I don't think the staff would w-want word getting out about what we were doing in the c-caves." Kevin said with a whisper. He had nothing to base this on, but students fighting a cave monster that happened to be close to campus probably wasn't something the headmaster & headmistress wanted other students to be informed about.

"Um did I say cave? I meant at Dave's. Yeah, we hung at Dave's house last summer," Ryker quickly added scratching the back of his head. He leaned towards Kevin and said quietly, "I think she bought it."

Then he took a step, and said, "I can absorb punches, and such and store the energy for later use."

Zanders eyebrow twitched with annoyance as Ryker shouted at him. "You dont have to be so loud..." He walked up and gestured to the bag of comics. "Using those as an example is a bad idea. Those things are fictional." He turned his attention to the others students with Ryker, only recognizing the boy from events that happened earlier in the day. "You are far more likely to die in the real world if you go out and use your powers to be a 'hero'." He walked over to Kevin and stared at him for a moment with a cold looked on his face. "You cant control your power?"