• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Charmuraji -RX's almost-live picture show-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Re: ~We're baaaaacccckkk~ 8D

Poor Rio. D: I'd huggle it all better. x3 (Seriously, you drew him adorably)

And now I can only imagine what the Pokemon will be thinking when she asks them to taste it. Really fun picture, RX. xD

curlyearshipping.png

ahoohoo~ Looks like it's Rio's turn to feel the love! Tabunne looks to be one of the loveliest support type 'mons so far, so Minnow would definitely want to catch one when she travels to Isshu. I call it Curly Ear Shipping. :>

So cute :3

I love Rio's expression, it's priceless~
He's like, "Haha, about that..."

I hope they make a happy couple ♥

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

D'awwww~ That's so damn cute, RX. :3 I just love the little personality that you gave each of them in this picture. They look so cuddly, shy, nervous and cute; just what young love should be like. :'D

You also made me like Tabunne a bit more then I previously did. (I found it odd looking... :T)

Gosh, now do I notice the design similarities. I want to see some babayz! XD

I love the blush shading. It is so delicate. I also like the color choices on the Raichu. They appear very neutral compared to Tabunne.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Sir Red said:
You also made me like Tabunne a bit more then I previously did. (I found it odd looking... :T)

Seconded. :X

And gods, RX, I love how you draw your Raichu art! Rio's expression and pose are adorable. ;-;

And hehe... Nice shipping choice. XP

Kurumayu1.png

I don't think I made it particularly clear, but when a fire type sneezes, you may want to get out of the line of fire. Pokemon shown here all belong to Ruin, including newcomer Kurumayu ^ u^ The line is rather neat, and the middle stage is just adorable.

FFFFFF- ilu RX. Seriously.

Not only are all the Pokemon adorable, but the comic itself is hilarious. Keep up the awesome work.

Haha XD
This is really cute RX ^^

I love Mayu's expression when Quilava is about to sneeze, it's so adorable.

I just like your style in general, eveything just looks so smooth and blend in with eachother.

All od your work incredibly well done and I just love it when you keep makin' more ^^

I'll be looking forward to more adorable arts in the future and keep up the good work~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Just so damn cute and funny. I love the personality that you give the Pokemon when you draw them. They look like the official art, but just so much better and personalized. It's a terrific style. -^^- I also love seeing it whenever anyone draws the new Gen. V Pokemon, seeing as they're still so new to us and most of them don't have good artwork yet.

In conclusion, I love it, RX. :3

This made my day XD Poor poor Kuru. He probably should've just hugged Murkrow, but oh well.

D'awww, cute comic. Kurumayu is one of those Pokemon I just sort of passed over when everyone was revealed, but now that you've brought it to my attention it is rather cute :3

You've given Kurumayu such a great personality. It's one of my fave gen V Pokemon now :D

Its expression is hilarious in the "Noooooo" scene.

That comic made me smile. I must admit you flesh out characters quite well considering we don't know much about them before hand. Simple humour that works really well. that face on the 4x weakness panel is priceless.

Well done!

NewCha.png
Minnow: MJ? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the ranch?
MJ: I got bored and decided to see what you've been up to over here. You know, you and Ruin are leaving for Isshu soon; don't you think you should maybe pack up or get ready for that? I hear that region's really far away compared to Sinnoh or Hoenn.
Minnow: I guess...but Ruin and I are still waiting for a couple of things before we can make any final plans.
MJ: And as usual, you're leaving me behind to look after your little love-nest. How sweet.
Minnow: Eh?! It's not....
MJ: Anyway, there's something here I thought you might like to see. I'm going to be writing up reports and junk on all the Pokemon at the ranch.
Minnow: Really? that sounds neat!
Report.png
MJ: I figured I'd start off with a profile on you and Ruin's starter.
Minnow: Our starters? You mean Leo and Rochefort?
MJ: No, no. I mean your first Pokemon. You know, you two don't give Rio enough attention. The guy's been through a helluva lot. But, he's a tough little guy.
Minnow: Yeah, he was Ruin and I's first Pokemon. I guess that kind of makes him a lot older than all of our other Pokemon, huh?

Report1Rio.png

Minnow: This is a really impressive profile, MJ!
MJ: Well, it's not much yet. But once I get down to doing everyone else's, it might look a bit more professional. Oh, and if you want a better picture of Rio, you can have this:

Rio.jpg

Minnow: That's adorable! Did you take it?
MJ: I had a friend help me out with the pictures.
Minnow: I see. Well then, Ruin and I will be looking forward to seeing more profiles from you. And I suppose you can include your Pokemon some time as well. After all, they live at the ranch too. They're practically family!
MJ: Giving me a whole mess of work, as always.
Minnow: Eh?

yay for talking chibi puppets :D

gotta love them and the super adorable Rio the Raichu ♥
The little bio thing is a very interesting idea and it's great!

Oh

and that comic of yours made my day :D

4El.gif

Happy Birthday, El!​

Sad to say, it was more of convenience that I made this just in time to gift it to our beloved moderator. I was spamming Gamzee fondly regarding Rainbow like there's no tomorrow and thought it'd be neat to try my hand at frame by frame, hand-drawn animation. I'd say I did fairly well. HURRR YEAH

EVENT! EVENT! EVENT!

Surprised.png

Oh? I guess it's time for another Contest then. Let's see what's the event for today!

captioncontest1.png

This is a....comic? But the speech bubbles are blank......I see; we're going to be holding a Caption Contest! How fun! The rules are fairly simple.

1. Complete the comic by adding dialogue to the picture. No cussing or swear words, please. And keep it clean; no naughty stuff. (RX: innuendo and Out of Context is fien tho.)
2.Send your entries to RX. You can only send one entry so think carefully about it. If you try and post your entry here, we will not accept them. You can send us a picture with the dialogue, like this:

captioncontest2.png

Or just send us the dialogue, like so:

Gary: Why did you pick the female character, 'Ashley?'
Ash: Eh? I...I thought that the storyline would be different if I picked the girl.

Deadline for entries is on October 12, 2010 by Charms time.

Winners will receive a slightly different art package from the last contest. Don't worry, you'll still receive
Hand-drawn full-body artwork of an OC of the winner's choice (example is here.)
Custom Trainer Sprite
Custom Mug Shot (example is here.)
And a Chibi of your Charmsian self you can use as an avatar. (like so)

Any questions? No? Alright then, we look forward to seeng your entries!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, El's present is awesome. He has really cool hair, just like in real life! :D

As for the contest, I am in. I'm still trying to think of something funny.

BluesChange.jpg

Okay, I'm not sure if this is going to be canon or not. On one hand, I've grown to like Floatzel and I wouldn't really mind Bluez evolving into one. Anyway, Rhapsody pretty much fills the niche of cute little buizel should her father evolve. On the other, Bluez and Saya have always been a unique couple because they choose not to evolve, and instead rely on each other to cover their weaknesses. More over, Bluez has never had any particular goal to get stronger, since he and Ruin do not have the Pokemon League set as a specific goal.

Well, I can't decide. So I'm leaving it up to you guys, via a 1-month poll. What do you think's gonna happen?

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Such a wicked little comic right there. I love both of those species with an incredible passion, and the way you drew them is so terrific. :V I just love it so much...Ah~!! :'D

Also, I voted for the new attack simply because I'm not to particularly fond of Floatzel myself. :T

HopeStarter.jpg

WARNING! THIS DRIVEL CONTAINS SPOILERS!​

So with Tsutaja rolling with Shooti and Mijumaru forcing itself onto Ash, little Pokabu gets left behind at the lab without a trainer :< I CANNOT STAND FOR THIS! And so, after a bit of retconning, Hope manages to get Pokabu, not that she had much choice in the matter. This piccu is possibly not canon, but unless the anime has a character in the future that explicitly says his/her Pokabu is the same Pokabu in the first episode, then I'm totally giving it to Hope >:3

Don't worry about Virgil (the Mijumaru) he has a family of his own already. One of the many effects of the Continuum Shift.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Oh gods, it's so cute. And I still really love Hope's outfit. Looks so detailed and nifty, yet not outrageous. XD

Still digging your coloring style. It's just so crisp and clean, yet kinda gentle. It's very pretty. ^^

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
:'D Pokabu looks even cuter than normal; which I didn't think was possible. :V

I like how you drew Professor Aragi too; and it's nice to see Hope back. :3 And I like how you repeatedly incorporate your characters into the Anime continuum. ;3

BWGrunts.jpg

My apologies to the White Faction and their Pawnchessmon ripoff of a grunt xP​

Concept art for the epic scale RP series I'm working on her in 'Charms. These are the standard minions for the White faction and the Black faction respectively. The White Grunt, and all its relatives are Chess-themed, while the Black faction's soldiers are card-themed (Because the Cards are in Suits, get it? =D) The White grunt moves around the field at a more sluggish pace than the Black grunt, but it's slightly stronger and has better defenses. The Black Grunt has the advantage of mobility and using a long range weapon, though it doesn't deal too much danage and is rather frail.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Very cool little drawings, RX. I like the concepts behind the teams and I could see the teams incorporating the themes in various other little ways. I also like how you developed characteristics for each team's grunts. :3

[me=Sir Red]leads chess soldiers around a battlefield :'D[/me]

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Oh gosh, is it just me or do I see a Lewis Carroll reference to these guys?

Anyways, I love how you drew them~ this just makes it that much harder for me to choose if I want to be team White or Black... that is, if I'm even a "bad guy". :3 (no I'm not I'm totally on team 'Charms until/if I'm brainwashed)

RX said:
(Because the Cards are in Suits, get it? =D)

I love you RX and your punniness. Anyway, I never actually said so in the RP discussion thread (mostly because I just forget to check it and what not, not to mention my horrendously busy schedule :x) but I love this concept of an RP and I am really looking forward to it. I also really enjoy the white/black faction idea and the whole subspace thingy. I am excite.

Also, I wouldn't know which faction I'd be on either, probably Black because I like teh cards moar than teh chess. Though I love both ideas. I like suits. Nothing suits me like a suit.

Also also, I like that one of the possibilities of the Continuum Shift is Hope getting Pokabu. But I wonder how else the Continuum Shift could fall. (Bang Shishigami training a Chaobu dressed as a a Subordinate? :3)

That tie is reminiscent of a diamond card suit which made me smile. These are nice grunts, I really like the white pawns, the sword is particularly interesting to me, the diamond patterns make it look fancy :p

Can't wait to see the King/Queen units.

oh. my goodness.

I really love the minions o.o
I have to choose a favorite and say I love the black one more ♥
gotta love them cards :p

I also think that Bluez should not evolve. Love him as a buizel ♥
that will be all *poof*

:O RX, that is amazing wrapped up in awesomesauce right there. I love the cards reference, and the little suit on the blackcard makes me smile. (Love the gun too, very silly yet creative.) They're in an RP you say? Neat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Furijio.png
Kojofuu.png

Because apparently there isn't enough Furijio fan art on the internet. Well, I'm not actually a fan of it; I'm just trying to make heads or tails of its design. Same goes for Kojofuu, though if my art is accurate to the Sugimori official variant, then I just might like this odd Kung Fu Weasel. As it stands though, its sprite reminds me of an odd caricature of Winnie the Pooh doing martial arts.

<33
<333333333333333333333333333333

FURIJIO I LOVE YOU RX I LOVE YOU FURIJIO ARRRRRRGH ♥

It's just too adorably cute for my eyes to take :'D Never mind Kojofuu or whatever, the snowflake is so cute and I love you so much for drawing it and <333333

And think. This may be. The first fanart of Furijio in existance ♥

I love you RX you made my day all better ♥

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Daaaaaw, I love that Kojofuu ♥ It's been my third favorite since the generation came out, right next to Yorterrie and Shimama. I think you just made me love it even more~

Aw, Fujiro looks like he needs a hug *goes to hug it, then gets frozen 0oe* These look very nice, and its nice to see better art of these two.

RX said:
As it stands though, its sprite reminds me of an odd caricature of Winnie the Pooh doing martial arts.

Once you see it, you cannot unsee it XD

Hm. I've never heard of this fandom before, but I like the designs.

As for the grunts, which 'team' is the 'antagonist' team, and which is the 'protagonist' team? I'm a little confused. Nevertheless, I like the designs, though I'm at a bit of a loss with the card weapon. What is the card supposed to do? Give people paper cuts? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.