• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Charmuraji -RX's almost-live picture show-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Secad said:
Hm. I've never heard of this fandom before, but I like the designs.

As for the grunts, which 'team' is the 'antagonist' team, and which is the 'protagonist' team? I'm a little confused. Nevertheless, I like the designs, though I'm at a bit of a loss with the card weapon. What is the card supposed to do? Give people paper cuts? :p

The are both antagonist teams to the 'Charms in the RP, anyway. Though, what their true motives are remain to be seen. The card decor is there to hold the theme of cards for the Black faction. The weapon itself shootd red diamond-shaped projectiles.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Awesome. Gen 5 artwork! :D

I really like both Furijio and Kojofuu, so it's nice seeing some artwork of both of 'em in your style. Great pose on Kojofuu, too. ^^

Re: Furijio, I'd say you're probably accurate which your assumption of how it looks. That's pretty well how I've been picturing it, too. =o

Nuzlocke.jpg

Meet Lambda. If you haven't guessed, she's a TR grunt. Lambda happens to be her code name. She's the persona I'm using for my Nuzlocke Emerald challenge, because only a villainous team member would be cruel enough to abandon her Pokemon after one loss, amirite? Cruel as she seems, Lambda suffers from a melancholic past; a past involving a certain character of mine you all know and love....but anyway, that's another story.

So I was playing Nuzlocke Emerald the other day, when I came across a particularly annoying hurdle that everyone whose played an RSE game seems to fear: Brawly and his hax Fighting Team. Even if you were to defeat him, you'd be sacrificing at leas tone or two of your Pokemon to take him down. And then I realized that as long as I can deliver the letter to Steven, I can bypass his gym and comeback for it later when my team is stronger. The least I could do was take out all his minions before I left that infernal island.

Anyone in that gym with a Meditite is fail. All they ever do is Detect spam and Bide, with the occasional Confusion, meaning even the weakest Pokemon ever has a decent chance to defeat them and claim all the exp for itself as long as it can tackle spam (a little silk scarf bonus helps too, though mostly to make the battles shorter) The day 007 the Magikarp evolves (yes, my Pokemon are numbered by capture instead of named) is the day I shall return to Dewford and burn it and its miserable gym to the ground. But until then, WEEP FIGHTING IDIOTS! WEEP AND REMEMBER HOW YOU LOST TO A SMALL RED FISH OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION! Also Meditite is miscolored because that's just how fail it is D:<

HGSSAdd.png

Some new additions to Ruin's team, most of which are from Johto to reflect HGSS. (If you recall the last picture)

Gurdy- A Plusle Ruin hatched from an egg he won from a Tag tournament. His partner won a Minun egg, and the two treat each other like brother and sister whenever they're together. Gurdy is a rambunctious little Pokemon with a knack for getting into trouble, most of the time dragging the equally mischievous Rhapsody and Solomon along for the ride. She is very close with Delan and Kiba, who often let her ride on their backs. Gurdy often counts on Delan to bail her out of most fixes as he's 'the only one fast enough to catch her.'

Noah- A calm and easygoing Ampharos, Noah can retain his lax composure even when things get hectic (living on Ruin and Naomi's ranch, this happens on a daily basis) He gladly follows commands without question, as befitting of him being a Sheep Pokemon. However, he also demonstrates good judgement and some degree of enlightenment at the best of times, also befitting of him as the Guiding Light Pokemon. For this reason, many of the Pokemon on the ranch look to him for advice. The younger Pokemon also affectionately refer to him as 'big bro.'

Kole- Ruin comments that Kole is 'a Pokemon version of Naomi.' Energetic, friendly, and optimistic almost to a fault, he indeed shares many traits with her and the two get along very well. All of the Pokemon at the ranch enjoy Kole's company because of his cheerful demeanor, though he gets along with Bluez the most. Because he's from Johto, Kole and every other Pokemon from that region have an accent not apparent to their human trainers. Translated, Kole speaks using Japanese terms and grammar, such as how he refers to Bluez as 'aniki' and Saya as 'anee-san', even giving everyone an honorific when referring to them by name. (Gurdy-chan, Noah-kun, etc.)

Kiba- Kiba is a very serious and logical Pokemon, and because of this often acts as 'the straight man' in comedic situations. He is one of the more mature Pokemon on Ruin's team, though has trouble controlling his cat-like instincts at times. When he smells a Pokemon's Sweet Scent, he regresses to a child-like state, becoming playful and easily distracted. When he relapses back to his old self, he shows that he is aware of his 'transformation' and becomes rather embarassed about it.

Bruce- Bruce is a flirtacious womanizer of a Gliscor, and often likes to demonstrate just how much he likes to have fun. He likes pulling off dangerous stunts, especially if it can impress his date. He also follows most of his friends in their endeavors, no matter how ridiculous they might be, thinking them to be a fun way to pass the time. His personality often clashes with the stern and feministic Athena, and the two argue often. Many comment that they actually have a lot in common, both being notably flamboyant Pokemon, though they will always deny this. Bruce also has a strong sense of honor, and never attacks a Pokemon that's already down or from behind, someitmes leading to conflict with his trainer.

Jur- Jur actually belongs to Naomi, and was caught at the same time as her Seviper. The two were, in fact, in a middle of a fight when the trainer caught them both to keep them from further hurting one another. Naomi then sent Jur to Ruin since they would still fight at every chance they got once outside of their pokeballs. Over time, Jur begins to develop an unrequited crush on Naomi, but being a Pokemon could not communicate this. He was emotionally devastated to learn that Seviper was a staple member on her team, and became jealous, further adding to his rage. Naomi, being unaware of this, treats Jur and Seviper with equal affection; Jur, in turn, always forgets about his rage when Naomi spends time with him.

... Oh my god RX why don't I ever post in your thread.

It's like a sin not to.

I can't stop looking at your pokemon. Foh realz.

Kiba and Kole whaaaaat.

My favoriteesssss

Look at Kole's fire.

It's totally awesome anime hair.

Howwwwww do you do it.

Ilu <33

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god.

Gurdy's dress. Kole and Kiba. Jur. Bruce. The fact that you made a Magikarp beastly.

I... I... I think this whole topic is the definition of "epic win." Other than that, I have no words for this.

I like Kiba the best. He sounds very repressed, but can open up.

I guess Sweet Scent is to Kiba as Tribbles are to Spock. XD *bad analogy*

Reshiram.png
Skuld.png

So in line with this, I've decided to make little icons to represent landmarks in a future map for the RP. Think of it like a huge sticker pad where you can stick any of the landmarks in different places until we can finalie the location of each landmark.

The first two here are the White Warship Reshiram and 'Charms Space Station Skuld. The Reshiram warship belongs to the white faction, while Skuld orbits the world of 'Charms. It is where the highest of all Charmsian authorities resides (and provides ample reasoning of why certain people aren't in the RP's plot.)

RX those are so cool :D

Maybe now I want to join the SSBC thing. I love the sketchy but clean style you drew the station and warship in. It's very pretty :>

Also that Zangoose up there is ttly sexy. ♥

Secad said:
Wow. I must know the scale of these things. These look amazing! Does the white ship have residential areas?

The icons are representational, really. They're not actually scaled with regards to one another. Skuld for instance, is a large city-sized space station. The Reshiram is fairly small in comparison, and can only carry about small battalion of soldiers.

I love Gigigear. It's like a sarcastic reply to people saying how unoriginal the new Pokemon are xD.

GerboliaRuins.png

New Map Piece! Behold, the Ruins of Old Gerbolia, remnants of the proud nation of Gerbolia's past and a firm symbol of their culture. Also because there aren't enough ruin-themed stages in the RP :>

...Thanks to you, RX, the RP keeps getting better and better~

Both the Reshiram and the Skuld are fantastic, great detail and magnificent colours. Star Trek is nothing compared to this >:D

And I think Secad will love Gerbolia~

How about the Black Warship Zekrom?

Holy wow so glad I'm on team white =3. But seriously, that airship looks frickin' awesome! And so does the charms station and Gerbolia ruins. And Tan should really add the ruins to his map. Keep it up!

Oh gawd these are nifty! ^^
I can just imagine some fight scenes going on in the Ruins of Old Gerbolia. Secad will love this!

Also Blazi, I think that Tan had the ruins on the first part of the map. I remember because it was the first thing that caught my attentioon.

Can't wait to see Black's base~ (SO EXCITED!)

Aw...*dies from cuteness*

That is bleeping adorable. Look at all the little run-through tubes. Look at the houses! Look at the big gerbil! *squees*

As for the art itself, it is reminiscent of old Norse drawings, with their stylized faces. This will be an amazing place to kick butt.

Should I send you the short summary of Gerbolia I gave to Tanny?

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Oh my, RX. :V You're really turning your artwork out lately, and I love you so dearly for it. :3

The Airship and Space Station look amazing. They're so small, yet have incredible detail and really help to bring a better picture to the whole RP. ^^

And I love the drawing of the Ruins and just the idea of them in general. I can't wait to see what you draw next.

oh gods...
My ideas have manifested themselves into living artwork done by a great artist.
I can't... can't breathe *gasp*
*continues to fangasm over the artwork*

I don't know why I never post in this thread, but I love all the work you do on it. And now we have artwork specificly for the Brawl RP. Now I regret not making a personal stage...

Great artwork, and I hope to see other scenes from the Charms World appear in this thread ^^

Unknown1.png

Something OC-related. More info on this mysterious character once I can finish designing it. Here's a hint: This Pokemon belongs to one of my already existing OCs.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Oh my, RX, that looks lovely as can be. :V

I love that outfit on Lucario, and the way that you made is natural fur work with the clothes is brilliant. Also, he looks so shadowy and mysterious. Just splendid~ :3

The outfit on the Lucario looks awesome. Also, the way that the shadow becomes lighter as it goes further down Lucario is a nice touch. It definitely makes it look more mysterious.

Duuuude, that Lucario is just epic! The shading makes it look so mysterious, and the red eyes are at just the right pitch. Nice job :D

UnkMaya.png
UnkSaya-1.png

Good thing Bluez isn't the jealous type. Well, not like he has anything to be jealous about. Maya is female after all. Yup, that lovely little Riolu of Ruin's finally evolved. Now she has more powerful attacks at her disposal such as Psychic and Aura Sphere. Also Saya secretly hates being ina dress, but a certain sea weasel Pokemon thinks she looks quite pretty so ahoohoo~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Oh my gawdz, RX~! :V Those clothes look so amazing and they are so well detailed. It's crazy. That dress is just so elegant, and I love how you took the natural parts of Saya (and Maya) and used them to add to the appearance of their clothing.

You continue to amaze me each and every time, good sir. -^^-

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
The Lucario looks very regal, which reminds me of the pic you did for KoL that one time. Also, I love all the little updates you made involving the RP. Lovely work as always, RX.

Winner3.png

Minnow: Ah, sorry to keep you all waiting. It has been more than a couple of weeks since we've finished accepting entries for the last caption contest.
MJ: After deliberating for previously said length of time, we've finally decided on two winners.
Minnow: Once again, we thank you all for your participation in the event and for your patience in awaiting the winner's announcement.

Winner1.jpg

Winner2.jpg

Minnow: And so the winners for the caption contest are...Mister French Toasta and Mister Tangrow/Shinki!!
MJ: Congratulations to our participants. They will each be receiving the limited edition RX's Art Package #2. Which allows them to request for a custom sprite, custom mugshot, artwork and a Chibi of an OC of their choice.
Minnow: Well, that concludes the Caption Contest! Please tune in in the future for more contests and chances to win prizes. And cone again, thanks to all who participated and all the visitors of RX's art thread!

Thank you Jeydis, although I'm not actually Toastie... I'm Freta...

Anyway RX, your art of Maya and Saya is absolutely gawjuss~~~ Saya's hat is so perfect and Maya looks like such a gentle...woman. The clothing on both of them is so formal and cool. These are some of your best OC Pokemon yet.

WatTohomon.jpg

ARE YOU A TOMBOY OR A LADY?​

Because there are no such things as men in Gensokyo. (Rinnosuke is not a man he is Ditto D=<) If you choose to be a lady, you get to be Miss Maribel/Mary Han with the power to see the boundaries between Earth and Gensokyo. If you're a tomboy you get to crossdress as be Miss Renko Usami with the power to know where she is just by looking at the sky. This incarnation of Miss Renko looks suspiciously familiar D=/

owhenmkwedkmltouhouloooovelojwemkl <333

It scares me how similar to Ash Missester Renko looks in your latest picture, RX-kun :> (also Tannu's face is like eeeeeeeee ♥) I love all the sparklies and the shading and hnnnnnnghhh I envy you so much right now D':

The way you draw Pokemansies is so ... wooow. I seriously wish I could draw like you~! Please teach me your ways, RX-senpai </3

But yeah Touhou and Marisa and RX and art and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerljem ♥

* Tun is put down.

XD I love the chosen captions. I am particularly fond of the first one.

*takes a piece of Blue* *Blue screams in pain as I amputated his leg* >:D

Lucario is just too awesome! Of course ill have to make sure LQ doesn't see that or she will be fuming with jealously and will probably commit suicide anyway... Keep it up! (I love the Ash comics its hilarious)

ffflarvitar.jpg

Yanappu.png

AgirudaaFutachimaru-1.png

In lieu of doing some serious arting in Photoshoop, I decided to instead spoosh over to iscribble and do some lovely doodling there. These only serve enforce my desire to acquire Tyranitar, Yanappu, and Agirudaa and slap them on some of my OCs. =x​

Status
Not open for further replies.