• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Charmuraji -RX's almost-live picture show-

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/poltergeist reference]

I'll rename the thread in a little bit. But for now, I'm back. Well, I've been around for quite a bit, but I bet it must've been odd that my Art thread hasn't surfaced yet. Well, here we are then, at the Grand Reopening of RX's art thread!

Just to get the ball rolling, her're a couple of sketches I'm working on atm. I hope to add color to them soon.

BuoyBuoy-1.png

I bet you can't guess what my favorite Pokemon is :x​

These Five little troublemakers are a collection of my favorite Buizels.
Clockwise from top:
Zilla- Zilla, if you haven't noticed, is a Buizel much, much larger than normal. Details as to why this is are sketchy, but it does seem to involve Team Rocket's nasty work. Recently, Zilla's exposure to humans, added with his modified intelligence has caused him to emulate human behaviour. He is never seperated from a strange robotic marionette called aReX, that he carries around affectionately.
Ash's Buizel- The unmistakable scowl and crossed arms make Satobuoy (as I like to call him) unmistakably Ash's. This little tough guy is the original reason I like Buizels so much. While Buizel was shown to be a fun-loving if not mischievous Pokemon in the 9th movie, Satobuoy was quite different, and quite the badass.
Rhapsody/Rhapsodi and Bluez/Blues- Followers of my previous Art Thread will recognize the rambunctious baby Buizel and her Loving, Timid, Father. Bluez represents the in-game Buizel I train in D/P/Pt. True to his drawn form, he doesn't evolve, so I don't battle with him all that often anymore. He's still very adorable, and is pretty fast given that he happens to have awesome Speed IVs ingame. While it may not be possible for Rhapsodi to exist ingame (unless Bluez commmits adultery with another Buizel D:) She's still an adorable character as ever.
Jazz- Jazz is a very special Buizel. Not only is he Shiny, but he's also apparently skilled with musical instruments. He also belongs to Sami, our resident Charmsian and my, Sem and Belle's Dearly beloved Hubby.

Hope.png

Isshu Hype! Isshu Hype! I'm usually not one to jump the gun and start fangasming over a game I've yet to play (okay, fine, I do that a lot :x) but Isshu just looks stunning, and its Pokemon are all either really cute, or really cool (or really weird :p) So I've decided to make preperations in the form of a new OC to add to my vast collection of charries. This is Hope. Once I get to play Black or White, I'll be following the story through Hope's perspective, and with her own taste in Pokemon. Mijumaru and Chiramii are slated to be part of her ingame party, while Chimchar shall be migrated over from the gen 4 games.

Event! Event! Event!

Oh? What's this here? =D​

So, I've decide on something kinda important. I've been contantly asked in the past if I took requests for my Artwork/Spritery. And so, here's what I'm gonna do. Every once in a while, I'll be holding a contest of sorts in my respective Sprite and Art threads. The Contests will have different mechanics from time to time, so you're gonna have to pay attention to the instructions if you want to enter.

To celebrate(?) the launch of my new Art Thread. I'm going to hold....A Coloring Contest! I've only recetly decided on Hope's design, as you can see. And I haven't finalized a color scheme. So, you guys are gonna help me through this contest.

ChibiHope.png

Pretty adorable, huh? This is a Chibi form of Hope. And you guys are gonna use this as a template. She's been drawn on MSPaint and saved as .png file, meaning her details are secure and it'll be a simple matter of filling in the lines with the paintbucket tool.

Instructions:
1. Using MSPaint or any other Painting Program, color in Chibi Hope.
Decide what color her eyes, hair and clothes shall be. Try not to leave any bit of her white or colorless. You can also add shadows and other details to her. I will be judging entries based on how well she is colored and the color scheme she has.
2. PM you entries to Bluez. Posting your entires here will not be tolerated and you will be disqualified if you do. You can send up to two entries to me. Send them together preferably.
Deadline: 2 weeks from now. July 15, 2010.

And that's all you have to do. Pretty simple, huh?

There can only be one winner >=D And he/she whose entry is chosen will have their color scheme be used for Hope's character.
They will also receive a Trainer Artwork Package from yours truly. This Trainer Artwork Package will include:

Hand-drawn full-body artwork of an OC of the winner's choice (example is here.)
Custom Trainer Sprite
Custom Mug Shot (example is here.)
200-pixel tall Bust of the Trainer (kinda like this)

So what are you waiting for? You only have 2 weeks to get your entries in!

Important note is important: All artworks on this thread belong to me and are not allowed for use anywhere outside of Pokecharms or Deviantart. Steal them and I shall threaten you in a manner most uncomfortable.

Re: ~We're baaaaacccckkk~ 8D

I should of probably commented here before I got some entries colored... kekekeke.

Anyways, the mountain of Buizels are teh cuteness. Especially Bluez and Rhapsodi. Too bad she can't really exist without adultery. I loved that comic.
Andandand the OC is awezorsome. Pewpew rollerskates. ♥ Miji's face.

Woah, You're good at frawing Buizels. I like the one with the trumpet the best ^^.
Vibration said:
You're new OC looks awesome :O
What does OC mean? :o

OC stands for Original Character :p

Anyway, I've always been an admirer of your artwork, RX (especially since moving in with Sem and seeing the adorable Aquamor you drew xP) so I figured it was about time that I actually comment on your thread. The Buizels are so cute! I'm not a huge fan of Buizel, or at least, I'd never use one, but those make me forget that I dislike them because they look awesome.

HOWEVER *pause for dramatic effect* I love admire ADORE that character that you have. I really can't explain why, but I just imagine her being really entertaining, especially with the addition of the rollerblades and the super cute Pokemon. I'd heard you talking about her in the chat, but I'm super excited to actually see a drawing of her.

And I SHALL be entering this contest of yours because 1) coloring is fun and 2) I'd love to have a piece of your art.

Anyway, just wanted to say great job, as always ^^

Yaaaaaaaay Art thread returns~~~~

I'm loving the Buizel convention you have going on, and it's just soooo adorable I squeed~ Hope looks amazing, and I'd much rather have her as the female starter than the one we have now, so much so that I'd play as her ♥

*grabs paintbucket* >=3

Last edited by a moderator:

Rawr, I'll be away with the fam by that time. I wish I could officially participate, but I will print it out and color it for fun. Then I'll destroy it, as I don't want to violate your terms. :p

Got to love those Buizel! I love the little baby one. Will you be drawing more of their adventures?

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen

hello bluez I'd like to say I adore you're art and I hope you keep it up. :) And I'm entering your event I'd die to have one of my OCs drawn by you... ;D

I shall join this colour contest and win! Expect to see it in the next 2 weeks.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Been waiting for your new art thread, RX. :p

I love the Buizel picture oh so much. Especially my favorite little Buizle, Rhapsody. :3 She's too adorable for her own good.

I'm really liking your new OC, you really seemed to capture the apparent fashion style of the Isshu region with her. I love her hairstyle, as well as her clothing. The Mijumaru you drew on her shoulder is so incredibly cute and makes me really like the little things.

I can't wait to see who wins your coloring contest (and that's such a nifty little idea too :3).

You are defiantly in a guilty gear mood :p That first character makes me think of a mix of Eddy and Johnny. The second pic is really cute, I love the contrast of the two with Buizilla being so jolly and aReX looking a bit glum.

Aww, Buizilla. I love his shorts. And belts and sashes are cOoOol. Also loving shading, it's pwetty.

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen

they are very good, buizilla looks so cute in a cool kind of way. :D

Those are adorable, even if the one on the left looks like he's about to devour your soul, that just adds to his cuteness :'D

It does have a Guilty Gear sorta thing goin' on, and I love it. Guilty Gear being my favorite arcade game (right in front of House of the Dead)

Can't wait to see the 'something' that's coming soon, good show, RX :'D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

:'D

So pretty and shiny...

Awesome artwork is awesome as always, and so nicely done. The shading on Linkachu and Semmy is just win, and so are their designs. In fact, everything you do is just made of way too much win ♥

*Prepares for something* :D

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

These are amazingly adorable and awesome ^_^ Ilu already, and that will never change, but I can still say ilu everytime I see amazing arts :3 'specially when I'm in them since I'm so vain. To be fair, Katie looks awesome as well, and I like hers just as much. Good job~

Also. Prepare for trouble! Team Rocket's rockin'~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

D'awww~! Those two new ones are so amazing looking, RX. The shady is incredible, as is the detail. The colors are very nice, and I love the clothing on both Katie and Sem. They both just look so cool and adorable and I'd hug them to death if not for the fact that Sem would probably just push me down. D:

I can't wait to see more of these little chibi-esque drawings. :3

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

My apologies for not giving a better reply, but after Sem edit'd my avatar with your latest Linkachu artwork and I died of narcissistic squeeing I felt it only proper to tell you how much I love the picture. Thank you so much for the consideration, RX. It's always appreciated, and as usual you've done a wonderful job drawing Linkachu in your own style. Your Aquamor!Sem pic is bloody adorable, too. ^_^

But then, so is that Buizel-filled image of cuddly goodness. The lineart is so crisp and clean, and the array of characters is great fun. You never crease to draw epic Buizel, and as a fellow Buizel fan (both Anime-wise and for the species itself) I highly approve. :3

Also, must say, I love Hope's design. Her hair style is really nice, and she seems like a friendly and loving gal allowing her Pokemon to hang off her like that. Nice smile. The roller blades are a cute touch, too. Looking forward to seeing more of her as the generation progresses. ^^

Bah. Anything I'm too tired to comment on right now... you know I love it. xp Keep up the great work, RX. :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

*Dies*

Seriously, this little series is looking awesome. I foresee your piccus overtaking the avatars here XD

I can't tell you enough how much I love your shading on these. It's all so perfect. I also completely adore your choice of colours and outfits. Pheo's little book is great~

You continue to amaze me, good sir, and I can't wait to see more of these ♥

I can never stop admiring people who take flat colour and make it into life.

As adorable and awe-inspiring as ever RX. I do like how chibi-Sem looks like he's half-arsedly thrown something at someone P:

Okay, so where to start here. I think that the Linkachu chibi is amazing! The expression on her face is so priceless, the fact that I can just imagine a Raichu wielding the master sword and the Hylian shield and having it just be super heavy. In my mind the scene of whatever that chibi would be doing is the most adorable thing ever.

Aquamor!Sem is equally amazing, the expression of pouting meeting "can't be bothered" (or at least that's what it looks like to me) is adorable, as with the shoving/throwing pose that just shows that he's in a "Get out of my life" kinda mood xP

Pheo and Rain are just epic ^_^ Rain looks so freaking amazing with the outfit and the wings, with the pose it looks like she's just thinking "I'm badass and I know it."

I think that the thing I love most about the Pheo chibi (though it's all amazing) is the way his clothes are gently rising up, like there is a flow of magical energy granting him near weightlessness. I dunno, I just like that attention to detail.

To make a long post short (almost too late) I love it all, your artwork continues to be the stuff of super smex.

I forsee a great series :p These are really well done, you put so much detail into these chibis.

481jpg.png

Remarkable!

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen

these are so brilliant i hope you plan do make more of these and magpie is so right these are going to take over the avatars and then rule pokecharms...

keep it up RX,

~Psy~

If you continue with this, we could have a Chibi for every member!

... ok, that's kinda farfetched. But still, we could have a Chibi for most of our members.

Magicshinychibiawesomecutenessprettycolorsamazeringness....

Umm, yeah. What other peoples have already said ^^;. They're all rather adorable, and nobody can wait to see more.

Heh... The chibis are awesome RX! The one of Sem made me ROFL like I've never ROFL'd before.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I briefly expressed yesterday in chat that I love the Rain chibi, and I love it even more now the more I look at it. Her hair is epically pretty, and her wings and clothing are oh so cool. They're just to die for. :3

Pheo was well worth the wait, seeing as he turned out so wickedly badass. His clothes are awesome and I love the color scheme of them. The floating book and apparent whirlwind that is wiping his clothes up looks awesome. Terrific job, RX.

I can't wait to see who you do next. :3

FFFF- Why didn't I see these earlier? They're marvelous! *0*
Excuse me while I squeal like a little girl....oh wait, I am. Excuse me anyhow. Also, yaaaaay, contest~ Something to take my mind off of UBF~

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four

I know I'm not the first to say this, nor will I be the last: RX, you are a genius and your art is god! Damn you're amazing!

[me:psycho Monkey]kneels to the master or teh art[/me]

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen

hello robo-ky I was wondering if you plan to take requests for any of your artwork including these adorable chibis?

RX...that....is....incredible!

Linkachu-Katie is uber adorable...same with Sem xD

I really, really like Pheo's little book, it's nifty....this is a great little series you've started up :3
Your art continues to amaze me, RX :D

Right... I suppose I should reply here even though I squeed about it enough in chat, and for that matter ALL your arts in chat, but I is lazy and it took me this long to do it here...

AHEM!

Iloveallyourartsandyouarethesmexiestartisteverandallyourartistotalandcomplete<3andasyoucantotallytellI'musingitasmyavvienow.

That is all. :3

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

I am loving the Charms related chibis! They are so cute and well designed, as only RX can do. ;3
I look forward to seeing more in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.