• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Chains of the Faunus (A RWBY RP)

How many teams should we have

• As many as there are People to join

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Once another two people join to complete the last Team, thats it

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Theres too many already

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name: Jackie Legkiy (which is the phonetic version of Легкий which means Light in Russian)
Appearance: Jackie has short brown hair which is always neat even after a fight. Her eyes are a bright shade of green, and her skin tone makes her look Japanese. She wears a white jacket with a grey shirt underneath, on her back and a spot on her back to hold her weapon
Personality: Jackie is a quirky person who is always energetic and naturally is either talking or getting somewhat mad, she feels sad for the treatment of Fanaus and at times wishes she was one mainly for the beauty some have. She is also smart and a decent fighter
Slave: none
Semblance: she hasn't discovered her semblance yet
Weapon: a hand axe combined with dual-wield assault rifles
Backstory: Jackie came from a family who owned no slaves but had a farm, her mother died when she was young so it was just her and her father working at the farm, once they had the money to purchase a slave they did but when they got home, her father ordered her to let the slave go and by free, which she did. When she left for school she felt bad leaving but her father encouraged her to go which she did.

So this will go as follows

Two members of a team will pair up and fight, chosen at random. This isn't a competition but just a way to see each team's skills.
Since there are 20 dorms on each floor, there will be 80 people and therefor 40 fights. Fanaus will not be allowed to help.

There are five arenas and each is watched over by a single teacher, the fights will be a maximum of five minutes long so all the fights can be gotten through in 40 minutes, which combined with the introduction speech should give teachers around 15 minutes to decide.

This is like a entry exam of sorts, if a team is deemed fit to enter Atlas Academy, they will join. Either the entire team will join or the entire team will fail.

I'll say what I said before
You could be a student without a slave. After all not all students come from a wealthy background where they can afford one

If not, there are character "Missing" Fanaus but that's due to other reasons (Not wanting to get a slave or just not being able to afford one). Otherwise I really think you should just do both,

ACTUALLY

That could work, Ozpin and Ironwood have begun a Fanaus Initation Program, where a select few Fanaus are allowed into the school. But this is a closely guarded secret as their reputations and jobs would virtually come crumbling down if discovered

I have a question- do the teams need to have a gender balance? I've noticed I'm the RWBY anime that the setup is always an all female team, an all male team, or a balance split between male and female. Does that apply to this role play too?

Nah, I'm talking about fully secret. My guy is gonna have wings, which could be hidden below his clothes. Of course, he'll be discovered eventually, but it'll be good development

Nah, I'm talking about fully secret. My guy is gonna have wings, which could be hidden below his clothes. Of course, he'll be discovered eventually, but it'll be good development
A very good explaination would be needed.
Remember, this is Atlas, Center of Fanaus discrimination, they would have checks and tests everywhere, it would be hard not to be discovered. Also Fanaus have been all enslaved, to escape and stay hidden in an upper class area like atlas would mean getting past a lot of defences

So yea, just make a bio and I'll accept it if there's a good enough explaination

Name: Sky
Appearance: Brown hair, black jumpsuit. Brown eyes
Personality: A good fighter, and easygoing. Is very loyal to friends, but cold to people he dislikes
Owner: N/Ah
Semblance: Greatly heightened intelligence
Weapon: His suit.
What kind of Fanaus: Light blue wings
Backstory: After his parents were captured, Sky just wondered around Atlas for a while, trying to find a way to survive. Owing to his semblance, he was able to earn enough money to build his jumpsuit, and then decided to enter into Atlas, but as a human
Other: https://pokecharms.com/threads/general-role-play-rules.123/

Last edited:
Name: Sky
Appearance: Brown hair, black jumpsuit. Brown eyes
Personality: A good fighter, and easygoing. Is very loyal to friends, but cold to people he dislikes
Owner: N/Ah
Semblance: Greatly heightened intelligence
Weapon: His suit.
What kind of Fanaus: Light blue wings
Backstory: After his parents were captured, Sky just flew around Atlas for a while, trying to find a way to survive. Owing to his semblance, he was able to earn enough money to build his jumpsuit, and then decided to enter into Atlas, but as a human
Other: I really can't be bothered to link the rules, but the fact I'm typing this means I've read them, right?

Just a few things

1) how does he fight with his "Suit". Does it have guns attatched? Is it covered in deadly spikes? More detail please

2) I don't mind the backstory, but can you change "Flew" to "Walked", because as stated before Atlas is very pro-human and a flying Fanaus would be spotted, caged and enslaved within a few days

3) You have to link the rules. Sorry. It proves that you are willing to put in the effort neccisarily to RP well

The suit is a multifunctional weapon, with blades being able to slide out of the arns, putting both hands together will fuse the arms together to create a type of rocket launcher, and each hand can sprout independent semi-automatic guns. It also works as a type of armour, but not as tough

Last edited:
Katana in one hand and a tomahawk in the other
A regular sword and shield with their family crest that transform into two rifles.
A sledgehammer which can transform into a shotgun
Quarterstaff which turns into a sniper rifle and can split into two smaller rifles
he uses twin Shotgun Claw Gauntlets and Twin Shotgun Boots named "Electric Brawler" and "Thunder Kicker"
She uses twin daggers which are named "Romeo" and "Juliet" respectively
Black and green katana, that extends upon being unsheathed. The Blade changes color, depending on the sort of dust that's being used. The dust is put into a small area in the blade's hilt. The katana can transform in to two duel pistols, which can also be loaded with dust, the same way one would load a magazine into a normal pistol.
War fans and Katars
A staff, and throwing knives
Two tomahawks, which can transform into two SMGs, which can also transform in to a sniper rifle when combined. When separated, he calls his weapons "Vigilance" and "Negotiator." When combined in to a sniper rifle, he calls it "Doubt of The Blind"
a hand axe combined with dual-wield assault rifles

Heh. Sorry. Anyway, the suit is a multifunctional weapon, with blades being able to slide out of the arms, thrusters in the legs and wrists, putting both hands together will fuse the arms together to create a type of rocket launcher, and each hand can sprout independent semi-automatic guns. It also works as armour, and has several independent storage bubbles in the back, which can be used to hold extra weaponry or the like. The whole suit can be controlled from a screen on the wrist, including ejecting items held. Also, gtg. Cya tomorrow (English time)

Sky, can you see something wrong with this right now?

Ah! More questions!

So recently I've been gone from Charms, and I recently found a bunch of time to spend more time here, hence my participation in this role play. However, I had been thinking about character development in role plays and decided to start including "Character arcs" to enhance my ability to allow my characters to grow. Naturally, I'd design it so those who'd like to get involved can and those who don't, wouldn't necessarily have to. I assure you I won't spring something like that up on surprise.

However @SMRPG64 , the focal point of this role play is a rebellion of the Faunus. I was brainstorming my little character arcs, and I thought of one that included Fawn being moved back to the Ivo household for unknown reasons. I was wondering, SMRPG, if you would elaborate a little bit upon what your goals are for the uprising? I have a few ideas that might make the story the tiniest bit more interesting.

Naturally, the roleplay can establish a more steady foundation and you are in control, and I also know that you refrained from giving out too many details about the rebellion in the intro post, for good reason I'm sure, but I was curious if there was anything you might be able to elaborate upon without ruining your plans for the climax.

The Rebellion will be the "Antagonists" in the sense in the sense that they will be the ones opposing the main characters and General Ironwood. Partially that was the reason why I introduced the "Fanaus Initiation Program" in the first place, a contrast the the ideals and course taken by the rebellion.

I've hinted in a few of my posts that a member of the Rebellion has infiltrated Atlas Academy but aside from that not much has been done with them yet. In the future the Rebellion will interact directly with our characters though.

Mainly they will be an assortment of Canon Characters i find would fit the rebellion setting well, as well as a few OCs of yours or anyones who wants to join it later.

I can't really say too much without spoiling the surprise but there are a few things i can say.

I don't think the Rebellion will succeed, I never intended it to, but I intend it to send a message. Its part of the reason I set the RP in Atlas, full of upper class citizens who look down upon the Fanaus more than any other. Where the discrimination is greatest, the rebellion will be stronger.

If you have any more lingering questions I haven't answered, feel free to ask me

Ack! Mistakes galore! @Eevee E , I went ahead and had Fawn/Ame go back to the dorm without even letting Caleb get a chance to fight! Oh no, would you like me to edit my post to give Caleb a fight? I think I may have accidentally pushed the story a little too fast. I guess @DarkEmporer has Jackie to give a fight to as well, so would it be best, in your opinions, for me to edit my post to let you guys write those out?

It shouldn't be a problem. Supposedly, Caleb should be fighting Cayden Devlin, but Z hasn't been on today, Ame and Fawn leaving shouldn't affect it too much. Perhaps, if Z doesn't post soon, it could be switched up a little to where Caleb and Jackie fight, even though they're on different teams? @SMRPG64, what do you think?

Depends, @MegaCharizardZ has been quite inactive and we do need to keep the RP moving. But we should give him a chance, i'd say give him another Half an Hour or do, after all school has started for us Australians now so he may just be at school. Admittedly half an hour would still put us in school hours though.

If @Darkemperor gets online first maybe we'll do that.

As for the matter of Ame leaving, it shouldn't matter since her battle has already finished and it wouldn't make sense for Ironwood to keep students there after they were done unless they wanted to stay and watch

I'm fine with having Jackie fight Caleb since until Sky's character is approved, there is no four teammate and then writing the fight would limit the next person to whatever description is givin so right now the best options are either wait for Z which could take God knows how long, or Caleb and Jackie have a fight. Right now I'm willing to do a lot so we can progress the plot.

Last edited:
I would have accepted sky already but

Heh. Sorry. Anyway, the suit is a multifunctional weapon, with blades being able to slide out of the arms, thrusters in the legs and wrists, putting both hands together will fuse the arms together to create a type of rocket launcher, and each hand can sprout independent semi-automatic guns. It also works as armour, and has several independent storage bubbles in the back, which can be used to hold extra weaponry or the like. The whole suit can be controlled from a screen on the wrist, including ejecting items held. Also, gtg. Cya tomorrow (English time)
It's a bit OP, Sky could you tone this down a bit?

I'm fine with having Jackie fight Caleb since until Sky's character is approved, there is no four teammate and then writing the fight would limit the next person to whatever description is givin so right now the best options are either wait for A which could take God knows how long, or Caleb and Jackie have a fight. Right now I'm willing to do a lot so we can progress the plot.
It's Z, not A. Don't worry it was only 25 letters off.

I said earlier that I would give him half an hour to post, 27 minutes have passed. We may have to skip him... if he really wants to fight we'll pit him against Sky later in a flashback

Ok, again, here is me asking more questions. ;)

Anyway, it's fairly clear that everyone has a grasp on battle posts just in general. See, I'm not very good at those, as you could probably tell by my, eloquent and elongated (sarcasm, naturally) match with Eevee E's Blaire.

My point here is, I intended for the match to be short in order to prevent any urges to god mod and to maybe squeeze in some character development for Ame, but I was just curious, what do you guys think makes a good battle post? How does one design such an action packed post? How many misses are appropriate and how many hits are appropriate?

Thanks for your input, I'm starting to think that honors English is getting to my head. @.@

Well, personally, I feel a good battle post should consist of fluently describing your moves, as well as, possibly, having your character talking to themselves, mentally, deciding on how they want to move through with it. Considering the nature of RWBY, because of our characters' auras, they can take a few good many hits and keep on going. I'd say, in your fights, don't have your character specifically go easy, unless the situation is one where they would based on their personality. However, it's also important to give the other Roleplayer a chance to intercept or dodge a strike, so the fight can continue. For example, in Blaire and Ame's fight, my finishing blow I mentioned that Blaire "attempted to slam the hilts of his weapons into Ame's gut." Therefore, I attempted to go through with it, but gave you the option to counter.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense. I was never great with explaining things.

I find that it is hard to actually finish a 1v1 battle in an RP as both sides obviously want to win and there and situations where drawing is not an option and so it will inevitably fall into a godmoddy mess but I feel the RPers in here aren't going to let that happen

There are some matches where you are just going to lose, like Josh vs Darius but in a match of equal strength it would come down to a fluke, luck. Just like how you lost by not knowing Blaire was blind. It's always good to have a clear way to decide a victor, be it by vote, whoever is a better RPer or just the two people deciding on the discussion

As for dodges and parries, just don't go overboard. A slower character may not be able to dodge every single hit while a fast but weak one may not be able to constantly parry. Play to your character's strengths and weaknesses. If you find yourself wondering if you've overdone it, always check with the other RPers or just stop.