• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Chains of the Faunus (A RWBY RP)

How many teams should we have

• As many as there are People to join

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Once another two people join to complete the last Team, thats it

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Theres too many already

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ooh, that makes sense. The word attempted is a lifesaver. With the aura mention, that also makes sense in many different contexts; both here and the show itself. Thank you!

SMRPG, your explaination also makes a bunch of sense, I mean, I've seen godmodding messes before and they're bad. The way you introduced the deciding victor is quite intriguing to me in all honesty, I probably wouldn't have thought about giving others a chance to vote or being the "best" role player. It's a good rule of thumb though.

So here's what I got
1) In battle posts, don't go easy unless necessary
2) Leave the post open ended
3) Decide on a victor before the match ends
4) Dodges and parries can be determined based on build and ailments

That helps so much, thank you so much again! XD Me and my questions...:)

No need to thank me, as the RP creator I'm here to help (and that sounded a lot more snobbish than intended)

Note however that there's a difference between knowing the enemy has a hidden power but your character not knowing and putting himself in a position where it can be used against him/her, and the enemy pulling out some power nobody knows they have with no explaination and murdering you

Anyways you need a team name and leader (and team JCDC needs a leader too), you have A (Ame) S (Sky), J (Jackie), B (Blaire)

Well, it's ten past eleven (at night) where I live, and I (probably) have school tomorrow, so, I'm hopping off. I may make a post in the morning, 50/50. See you guys.

Also, team JABS, perhaps? And, based on leaders, in RWBY whoever's name was first in the team name was the leader. So, if we went by that rule, and stuck with JABS and JCDC, Jackie and Josh would be the leaders, respectively.

Alright I'm here and I have the answer to my disappearance
Yes, My school has started up again so expect me to post less so I have decided that if there is something completely urgent and needs Cayden or Miki (And Sen soon) I'm letting SMRPG64 or Darkemporer take control of them until I get back

Alright, After that, Who am I battling now?

Sky, once i accept her. Also below is a map of a part Atlas Academy which I sprinted myself (There aren't any official images)
Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 5.36.29 PM.png

TA = Training Building (I don't know
C = Cafeteria
D = Dorms
Garden = Garden
The silver is the roads.

The suit is a multifunctional weapon, with blades being able to slide out of the arns, putting both hands together will fuse the arms together to create a type of rocket launcher, and each hand can sprout independent semi-automatic guns. It also works as a type of armour, but not as tough
So it has quite a bit of firepower, but at the sake of a bit of defensive power

Nice, accepted

Anyways right now the trial is happening that tests if you get into beacon. Even if you don't win the battle, its more about proving your skills in battle and your teammates have displayed enough skill for your entire team to pass anyways

You two (@Sky5372's Sky and @MegaCharizardZ's Cayden) will just fight it out in a small arena. Make sure the fight isn't too drawn out and doesn't use too many Deus Ex Machina level plot elements though, its not an actual battle.

You may want to actually read the RP before you post anything but long story short

No, you may not still arrive, you will have to already be in the arena.

The layout of the arena is pretty simple but i've decided to draw a diagram just in case.
Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 7.42.34 PM.png

The Grey Circles are the arenas, the Blue is the seats and the Dark Blue is the entrance. You will most likely be sitting in the stats.

The battle will take place in one of the five arenas, in your case the top one

The battles have begun, so far here are the matches that have happened, you and Z will be the last ones before we can continue the RP

Josh vs Darius (Darius Wins)
Ame vs Blaire (Blaire Wins)
Caleb vs Jackie (Undecided, currently underway)
Cayden vs Sky (Undecided, will begin soon)

You don't need to wait for the others to be done by the way

Since i'm bored and doing something actually somewhat productive with my time is absolutely absurd, here is an image/sprite/thing of Atlas Academy i made.
Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 8.24.10 PM.png

@SMRPG64 was Jenny's outburst a thing that you'd prefer other characters not get involved with, or were you leaving that open for interaction? I have my characters in their room, so in my next post I could get them to hear Jenny's outburst if we're leaving that option open.

I could also draw the layout if you'd like, I'm taking an art class. We're not quite to achitecture and mapping, but I'm sure I could improvise.

Huh... I'm still not sure how to integrate myself into the RP though. I could just say I turned up late, but still. Are we all in the same dorm? I could just walk into there saying, "sorry I'm late." Or something

@SMRPG64 was Jenny's outburst a thing that you'd prefer other characters not get involved with, or were you leaving that open for interaction? I have my characters in their room, so in my next post I could get them to hear Jenny's outburst if we're leaving that option open.

I could also draw the layout if you'd like, I'm taking an art class. We're not quite to achitecture and mapping, but I'm sure I could improvise.
Actually I always planned for that exact thing to happen, it would be good development, especially if Darius or Caleb saved him

Name: Alby Nipox
Appearance: long messy Brown Hair Pale skin brown eyes wears White Baggy pants with a short sleeved white shirt. His spikeless mace is strapped to his back.
Personality: Alby is a very messy person he has no regards for peoples stuff and will most likely use it without asking He is sometimes hotheaded which leads him to rush a attack.
Slave: Doesnt have one
Semblance: his semblance is Pillow body, when activated Alby's body will feel like a pillow, and Alby will not feel pain in this state, but will be vulnerable to sharp things.
Weapon: Alby has a spikeless mace that can be a bomb if the ball part is taken off the explosion is only big enough to take out 1 person if a person is even in range of the bomb
Backstory: Alby grew up with 2 brothers 1 sister he was the oldest out of the bunch and not the brightest out of the bunch. his parents always expected less of him and more from his younger siblings but Alby wanted to prove to his parents he had a bright future by going to atlas academy.

https://pokecharms.com/threads/general-role-play-rules.123/

Last edited by a moderator:
Semblance: his semblance is Pillow body when activated Albys body will feel like a pillow in this state alby does not feel pain but he will be more vulnerable to some attacks sense his body will be easier to pierce with sharp weapons.
um this is kind of hard to read, grammar/punctuation please?
From what i can gather, his body won't feel pain when activated and... feel like a pillow? But be weak to sharp weapons. Cool, creative

Backstory: Alby grew up with 2 brothers 1 sister he was the oldest out of the bunch and not the brightest out of the bunch. his parents always expected less of him and more from his younger siblings but Alby wanted to prove to his parents he had a bright future by going to beacon academy.
The RP is going to take place at Atlas academy. Please read my first post.

Alby has a spikeless mace that can be a bomb if the ball part is taken off the explosion is only big enough to take out 1 person if a person is even in range of the bomb
This seems like a very costly weapon choice, a bomb that can only take out one person would be quite bad and you would need expert aim and luck for them to not move out of the way or for it to miss

This will mean a third team will have to be formed, and while I would have done that anyways so more people could join, but the plot is kind of in an awkward moment right now as we all want to finish the trials and not extend them so if its ok with you can you have your character already finished with them?

um this is kind of hard to read, grammar/punctuation please?
From what i can gather, his body won't feel pain when activated and... feel like a pillow? But be weak to sharp weapons. Cool, creative

The RP is going to take place at Atlas academy. Please read my first post.

This seems like a very costly weapon choice, a bomb that can only take out one person would be quite bad and you would need expert aim and luck for them to not move out of the way or for it to miss

This will mean a third team will have to be formed, and while I would have done that anyways so more people could join, but the plot is kind of in an awkward moment right now as we all want to finish the trials and not extend them so if its ok with you can you have your character already finished with them?
I will fix bio, and try to add grammar to Semblance. I didnt want the bomb to be op so thats why i did that, and yes that will be perfectly fine.

Yeah, I think as soon as I'm introduced, then we can start the battle. It would be a bit strange if the second I entered I got somebody asking me to fight

I see just one problem with your most recent post, you wouldn't have had time to eat since the battles already started and we already had the first couple battles, which take place in the space of an hour

Even if we assume you and Z battle in the last round that gives you 10
Minutes from the end of Jackie and Caleb's fight, and the beggining of yours. Also you were already meant to be there when the battles started and not casually walking around the school so Sky will probably get in trouble with Ironwood whose patience is already being pushed

Also FYI Jenny was not being dragged screaming, she was walking in silent acceptance of her fate.

Right, sorry, that's me having bad memory :D. I guess I could just go to the arena. But then I have to wait for the other guy to come online

Just change your post. I'll try to contact him, if i can't
Alright I'm here and I have the answer to my disappearance
Yes, My school has started up again so expect me to post less so I have decided that if there is something completely urgent and needs Cayden or Miki (And Sen soon) I'm letting SMRPG64 or Darkemporer take control of them until I get back

Alright, After that, Who am I battling now?
I got this

It isn't, ish. Technically we are on the last round and it's too late to do them but we could just say your character already finished them. Josh and Darius are wandering somewhere around the campus and I have a sneaking suspicion that Caleb is planning something

Depends what you mean

There is one dorm for each team. The dorms are a five story building with twenty individual dorm rooms on each floor

For example team JCDC is from dorm 18 floor 3 and team JABS is from dorm 15 floor 3