• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

Maker smiled proudly. "I knew I could count on my team." She crossed her arms as she walked. "Right, we need to find another preacher man and I have an idea." She reached into her pocket and took a badge that had Azumi's name on it. "I took my sister's spare badge when we were in her apartment. I knew she would have cuz she is always saying 'gotta be prepared just in case'". She did a poor imitation of her sister. "So, let's go to the police station and asked if anyone with that description has been reported." She turned around to the rest. "What do you all think?"

"Your plan could work!" Michael praised Maker's plan. "I just hope that the badge isn't some sort of high-tech thing that has Azumi's face in its code. But I guess, we should get going!" He started walking in one direction, but Jodi's voice stopped him.
"Wait, do you have any idea where you're going?" She called after him.
"...Oh yeah." He returned to the others and asked "Which way to the police station?"

Maker smiled. "Well that's a good question." She ran up to a random old man. "Excuse me sir, which way to the police station?"
The old man looked at Maker, adjusted his glasses and smiled. "Lily! How nice to see you visit me." He took out a small candy from his pocket. "Here have some butterscotch candy."
Maker smiled and took it. "Wow thanks! I'm not Lily though."
The old man chuckled. "My my you look a lot younger. Where is my grandson?"
Maker thought about it as if she could answer that question. "Is his name Ray by any chance?"
"Hmm wasn't his name Jason?" The old man said confused.
Maker looked confused also. "Then I don't know him. Maybe he is one of these?" She pointed at the others.
The old man again adjusted his glasses. "You had more kids?"
"No." Maker answered. "They are not cute enough to be my kids."
"Have you seen your grandma?" The old man asked.
"Oh I don't have a grandma." Maker replied.
The old man seemed to grow sad. "Oh yes... I forget that she is no longer with us. Sometimes I return home thinking she is still there."
Maker now grew sad. "Grandma is gone?"
The old man nodded in agreement.
Maker's eyes grew teary. "When did that happen?"
The old man shrugged. "I don't even remember how old I am anymore."
Maker wiped her eyes. "Well... Do you need help getting home?"
The old man smiled. "Yes please Lily. Maybe I can get some candy for Candice, Victor and Joseph." He pointed at the others.
"Great!" Maker placed her arm around the old man's and began walking down the street with him.

"HEY! I am REALLY CUTE! Were you looking with YOUR EYES when you said that?!" Michael shouted furious as he ran up to Maker and the old guy. But as he listened to the elder's story, his scowl softened. "Oh gosh. Poor you... Hey Candice, can you bring the food over here?" Jodi nodded, got the food and ran to the others, giving Michael the food.
"Here, Joseph." As 'Joseph' put the food in his backpack, 'Candice' shouted st Eli "Come on, Victor!" She began following 'Lily' and the old guy with 'Joseph' beside her.

The old man walked happily with the new company. "I can't wait to get home. My feet hurt."
Maker looked at the old man. "We will be there asap! Where is it?"
The old man shrugged. "I forgot."
Maker looked over her shoulder towards the group. "Anyone know?" Her eyes had the word help in them.

Maker was relieved when they had gotten the address to the man's house. As they walked, he kept talking about random stories. When they finally reached his house, he gave them all candies. Maker spoke to the team while eating her candy. "Well someone else try, because apparently I'm not good at this."

‘We went down into the sewers following one of those street preachers. He led us to a Warp Pad and sent us to a strange old building with lots of shrines and stuff. Then Maker pulled out Darmanitan and started threatening the leader of the people who were there, the same guy from the crater. I followed her lead and started attacking some disciples, and then the boss, I think his name was Hermaeus, hit me with some kind of energy and sent us to Mt. Coronet with some kind of teleportation trick. Then everyone got mad at me and started blaming me for what had happened. Eli slapped me, I left, spent the night in a cave and then flew here earlier this morning. Got sick from over exaughstion and here we are.’

This story was slightly interrupted by coughs here and there, and Garchomp nodded occasionally to confirm his speech.

"Hm, I've got an idea..." Jodi said as she scanned the area. She noticed a middle age woman and approached. She asked the lady where the police station was, and after two minutes Jodi got back to the group, candy in her mouth. "It's that way." She pointed somewhere to the north.
"Huh, the most obvious way is always the simple way. Good job, Candice." Michael said with a chuckle. They started to walk in the direction she just pointed.

Azumi listened to Renz. When he finished she got up. "I apologise for the trouble my sister got you in. I will head to city hall and see if I can get copies of the sewer system. We won't find them directly, but any clue they left down there is good enough." She picked up Joan and signaled Nana to follow her. "You are welcome to come or not."

Azumi laughed nervously. "I don't want to explore the sewers again." She let out a big sigh. "Then again. It's my duty." She analyzed Renz. "You are in no conditions, I don't feel comfortable taking you."

Maker walked into the police station. Just looked around with curiosity. An officer standing by walked up to her, fixing his tie as he did so. "Hello ma'am, what can I do for you?"
Maker took out the badge. "Azumi Towers. I'm in the pursuit of a suspect. I need to check your records."
The officer's friendly attitude change to an impressed one. "Wow. I have a cousin up in Veilstone who told me about you." He turned around. "Hey guys! It's that one Interpol detective from Veilstone."
Maker looked nervous as three other cops flocked to her location. She laughed nervously. "Hi nice to meet you all."
One of the officers pointed at the other trainers. "Who are they?"
Maker turned around. "Oh um that one is Lily, my personal assistant, Victor my trainee and Joseph my servent."
The officers looked impressed.
Maker smiled at them. "Do you mine if we see those records now?"
The officer signaled for her to sit down. "Well how about Officer Smith takes THEM to get the information you need and you tell us all about your techniques."
Maker looked back at her friends. "You heard the boss, follow officer Smith." She said nervously.
Maker sat down as the remaining officers began asking her questions.

‘Alright, i’ll stay here then. Here, I can write down the directions. First a right as you face away from the ladder, then a left, then straight, then two lefts and a right will take you to a ‘dead end’. It’s actually a door, but that guy opened it using some kind of medallion. You might be able to smash through the door though. If you get through there you take the path straight on until the... I think the third left. Then you walk forward and on the right is the room.’

He handed her a napkin with the instructions written on it.

‘Good luck! I assume you have a Pokémon who can bash down the door? If not you can borrow one of my Pokémon.’

‘Okay then. That turned around quickly.’

Renz walked out the front door and called out Hardhat. Renz planned to ride on Hardhat’s back until they got into the sewers and conserve energy.

‘Last time we went down there we had a Leafeon with us clearing up the smell. No such luck this time.’

Torterra began to plod towards the manhole, Ceasar leading the way.

Azumi followed with Joan on her shoulders and Nana on her arms. "Right, well I didn't have a Leafeon when I went with your Nidoking." She followed them until they arrived at the manhole. Once there Azumi looked down the hole. "I guess this is it." She looked at Renz. "Are you going to be ok? I can go on my own and have you wait here."

‘Nope, I’ll be fine.’

Renz grunted as he slipped off Hardhat’s back and returned his Pokémon to their Pokéballs. Once they were in the sewers he let Garchomp back out. They followed the first part of Renz’s directions uneventfully until they reached the dead end.

‘Garchomp, Dragon Tail on the door.’

The Dragon type spun around quickly and slammed his tail onto the concealed door, but it didn’t do much. Then Renz noticed the rock the man had placed the Medallion on.

‘Garchomp, Dragon Tail that rock instead!’

Garchomp’s tail slammed into the ‘Rock’ revealing an electronic device buried inside, which was smashed up quite a bit, and the door rumbled open.

(If Azumi wants to investigate the mechanism I can detail that)

Last edited:
Azumi walked in. She saw a room that had been destroyed. There was only grumble and scrubs all over the place. "Of course they got rid of the portal." She said as she looked at the collapsed stones before her. "I need to see how bad the teleporter is." She looked back at Renz. "Could your Pokemon dig it out?"

"And then I kicked him in the chin and said 'looks like you've been hooked, Magikarp man.' and he began to cry." Maker said with confidence as the officers listened to her made up stories. They had brought her milk and cookies. Maker was loving the attention.

Renz nodded and directed Garchomp to dig out the remains of the teleporter. Garchomp began tossing rubble aside, and after a few minutes the teleporter was cleared.

‘It doesn’t look like its in great shape, the rim is definitely bent up. I don’t know if that effects its functionality though.’

Azumi laughed at what Renz said. "You aren't seriously considering using that thing right?" She got close to it so she could examine it. "Even if it were to turn on, it could tear us apart at a monocular level and we would never reach the other side." She looked around more. "If you could please take pictures with your pokegear. We could use this for evidence."

Maker laughed along with the officers. "Then I was like, 'I'm the law around here!' and punched him the nose" She laughed again. "We couldn't find his tooth!"
The officers burst into laughter again.

‘You said you wanted to know how bad it was.’ Renz shrugged. He pulled out his PokéDex and snapped some pictures of the damaged teleporter. He showed the pictures to Azumi to make sure they were acceptable before walking back towards the sewer entrance.

(Sorry, it didn’t give me the notification)

‘Tired. I really need to rest... but a bath also sounds nice. Garchomp, return.’

Garchomp returned to its Pokéball and Hardhat was released in his stead. Renz scrambled onto Hardhat’s back.

————————————————————

Half an hour later Renz was soaking in a tub, and relaxing with his head half out of the water like a Feraligator. He had finished getting rid of the sewer stench, but the water felt good. A little while later he reappeared, looking fresh.

Maker took the report. "Thank you Eli deli!" She opened up the report. "Well looks like he was let go off. Last time he was seen by the ruins?" She looked at it more but nothing else that caught her attention. "So I guess we have to look for the ruins."

Azumi sat with her pokemon at a Cafe. She had told Renz where she was going to be after she took a bath. She had printed the pictures and was analyzing them. She noticed something in the room that caught her attention. She looked closer at the picture. It was some sort of ancient writing.

‘Well, it was a large hall, kind of like a Pokémon League building I guess, and it had runes kinda like those ones all over the walls. The building also seemed pretty fragile, I had to refrain from using some of my more powerful moves. I even threatened to bring the building down on the cult. Things really spiraled out of control, especially since no one would back me up.’

Renz reflected back on the scene in that hall. The pain washed back over him as his mind closed in on the staff that Hermaeus had wielded. The forceful blow seemed to impact him all over again, and the air left his lungs for a moment. He regained his wits, panting.

Azumi gather the documents. "I understand." She handed them over to Renz. "Could you hold on to these meanwhile?" She got up. "Nana, Joan, let's go to the library." She looked over at Renz. "I would appreciate if you could help me with this. But, I also understand if you must do something else." She picked up Joan and begin to walk away, with Nana dancing happily behind her.

Michael's face turned into a scowl as Maker wanted them to get the information, but tried to remain calm. "Yes, m'lady..." He stomped after Eli, with Jodi close behind.
"Wait, I thought I was 'Candice'..." She whispered confused.
"Well, now you're both. Your name is Candice Lily Assissistant."
"And your name is Joseph Servanvant."
"And Eli's name is Victor Traineeeeeeee." They both chuckled and followed Eli into the room, only for him to go back out. They sighed and followed him and Maker outside. "So what ruins are we going to?" Michael asked confused.

Maker looked at Michael. "It says THE ruins. The people here must know about them." She looked around. "Maybe we could ask at the Pokemon center?" Maker got on top of a bench and looked around. "I don't see that either. Someone ask that old lady over there!" She pointed in the distance at an old lady carrying several bags.

Azumi walked into the library and asked for the section on pokemon legends and myths. She was directed to the third floor, where she began looking up information on the legend of Palkia and others. Nana ran off to the music section and Joan stayed by Azumi.

Renz had been looking up the runes, but halfway through the list of types of ancient runes he fell asleep. After awhile he woke up, feeling a bit better, and got back to work. The only runes he knew off the top of his head were Unkownic, but after all this research he knew a good few more. The list of runes gave a description of the history of the language, and a sample. After going through the list, he chose the languages most similar to the pictures. After awhile he had compared various languages and found the language they were looking for.

Renz looked for Azumi and when he found her, he said,

‘I found the language! I had it narrowed down to two possibilities, but the other language has very different vowels, and has only been seen in ruins in Hoenn.’

He laid out an old book on the table in front of her so Azumi could see it. Then he also pulled out the pictures Azumi had given him to hold, and compared the runes once again.

‘The language is called by a few names, but this book prefers to call it ‘Arceanic Prophasian’. ‘

Azumi looked at the information that was presented before her. "You're right, they do seem to match perfectly." She took a closer look at the pictures. "Now we need to figure out what it says on the pictures." She began writing down the different words that stood out between the rumbles in the picture. "We got a few here." She pointed at her paper. "I believe this word starts with Cana..." She looked at the book to make sure she was right. "Problably refers to it being Canavel City." She pointed at the other words she wrote down. "Now we just need to figure out these other ones."