• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

Renz thanked her and trudged upstairs, marched over to an armchair, plowed into it and immediately fell asleep.

————————————————————

That evening he was woken up by a librarian shaking him.

‘The library is about to close,’

She said. Renz got up and walked out of the library and towards the Pokémon Center.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli walked up to the old lady and offered to help her with her bags, she happily agreed and told him where she was going "So, maam, can you tell me where the temple is?" she smiled and pointed off in the direction of the nearby temple. Eli nodded thanking her for that, remembering it for after he finished helping her

Azumi was deep in thought when the librarian came up to her. "Listen. We are closing soon. I need to ask you to step out."
Azumi flashed her badge without looking away. "This is Interpol business."
The librarian tried to say something seemed unable to. She walked away leaving Azumi alone.
Azumi continued with her studies for about an hour or two. After a while, Nana had fallen asleep with Joan on the table. Azumi was too focused on her studies to noticed. Then, some voices could be heard coming from downstairs. Azumi figured it was some night watcher until the voices became more clear.
"So where are we suppose to find these things?"
"Third floor you dweeb."
"All we have to do is burn them?"
"That's right. Easy money."
"I wonder why we gotta burn a bunch of books."
"Who cares! We just need the money."
Azumi quickly gather the papers she had been working on and the book that contained the most value information. She woke Nana and Joan, so they could follow her and ran to hide behind a book shelf.
Two Galactic grunts walked into the room. One had an odd mustache, was tall and skinny. The other one also had an odd mustache, but was short and fat.
"Alright Walio, go get the books, I'll check the ones on this here table." The tall one said.
"Sure thing Waruigi." The short one replied.
Azumi hid behind the last book shelf, keeping Nana and Joan close to her legs. Joan begin to growl, Azumi hushed her. The chubby man looked up. "Hey Waruigi, I heard something. Did you growl?"
Waruigi replied. "Why would I growl? Maybe you hungry."
Walio shrugged. "Could be." He looked through the shelves and picked out any book related to myths. He carried them all and Waruigi looked at the titles and checked them off from a list.
Nana, who thought they were playing hide and seek, giggled when she thought she wasn't found yet. Azumi hushed her.
"What's so funny?" Waruigi asked.
"You tell me you da one laughing." Walio replied.
"That wasn't me..." Waruigi said with a serious voice. They both reached for their only pokeball on their belts. "Who's there?!" Waruigi called out.
Azumi sat down, with her pokemon on her lap, covering their mouths.

Maker waited for Eli. When he got back, the group walked in the direction the old lady had told them. They walked until sundown, when they finally saw an old temple. "Finally! I was beginning to think that lady tricked us!" Maker ran to the entrance. "It sure looks dark in there." She turned to the rest. "Are you all ready?"

Renz was yet again asleep. He was mostly recovered, but he had been overexerting himself for the past 38 hours or so.
Garchomp was out of his Pokéball, making sure nothing disturbed Renz.

————————————————————

Meanwhile, someone was being punished.
Hermaeus glared down at the Canalave preacher.

‘Velsigus. What happed last night?’
He asked in a cold, menacing tone.

‘Master Hermaeus, I mistook them for learners of our ways, I had no idea th-‘

‘SILENCE!’

Hermaeus’ command shook the room.

‘YOU will be tasked with locating these nonbelievers and keeping an eye on them. You know what to do.’

With this Hermaeus blinked out of existence with a pink flash, and Velsigus was left alone to ponder his task.

Azumi held her pokemon tight. Nana was no battle and Joan had no experience with her, plus she had just been rescued from deathly fights. If it came to it, she would need to have her pokemon flee while she stopped the attackers.
The two Galactic members sent out their pokemon. Waruigi sent out an Electabuzz, while Walio sent out a Magmar. The Electabuzz smelled the air. "Find anything boy?" Waruigi said.
Joan began to struggle and growl as it noticed the univadetable battle. Azumi tried to keep her at Bay. Nana gave her trainer a worried look, as it noticed this wasn't a game. Azumi did her best to keep Joan down, but Joan bit her. Azumi cried out and Joan ran into the open, standing at the end of the row while the Electabuzz and Magmar stood at the other. Azumi noticing she had been discovered, left Nana there and stood behind her Buneary.
Waruigi looked at her while touching his mustache. "Well well, looks like we have a little mouse who lost her way."
Walio chuckled. "Yeah, I guess we should take her home as a pet."
Buneary growled and cried out in a threatening tone. The two grunts laughed along with their pokemon. Azumi spoke to her pokemon in a low voice. "Joan listen to me. Take Nana and run. I can't get away from them and you can't beat them in your current condition. Take Nana and find our friends." Azumi looked up at the enemy pokemon and took a fighting stand, raising both her fist before her face.
Walio laughed out loud. "So we fighting her? I guess it's better than that bag of bones."
Joan looked up at her trainer. She was angry. She had found a family and it was about to be snatched from her. She shook her head and cried out a challenge to the other Pokemon.
The Electabuzz and Magmar roared back, ready to fight. "Turn yourself in and you won't get hurt." Waruigi said.
Azumi looked down at Joan. "Go. Do it quick. Nana can't be alone."
The Magmar rushed with a fire punch towards it's opponents. Azumi quickly dodged under it and used it's weight to throw it over her shoulder. The Electabuzz reacted quickly and planted a thunder punch on Azumi's shoulder, knocking her against the back wall. Joan, angry, cried out and rushed with quick attack at the Electabuzz. She hit it two times, she was going for the third hit, but the Electabuzz caught her by the head and held her tight. Joan struggled and cried in pain.
Azumi got up. "Let her go!" She cried out as the Magmar stood between her and the Electabuzz.
"Burn her down." Walio said in a serious tone.
The Magmar fired a flamethrower towards Azumi. With nowhere to run, Azumi raised her arms to cover herself and waited for the impact. But, it never happened. Azumi opened her eyes and saw Nana standing before her, a pink aurora glowing around her body. Her eyes were shining pink also. "Nana?" Azumi said, confused.
Nana raised her arms and let out a high pitch song. The song only seemed to have effected her enemies, since Azumi didn't react to it, while the grunts and magmar covered their ears. The Electabuzz released Joan so he could cover his head. Joan ran quickly to Nana's side and got ready to battle. Azumi stood there surprised as Nana finished her song and the enemies glared at her. "Ok. Looks like we are battling our way out then." Azumi said as she prepared to fight.

Michael and Jodi stared at the temple in awe, which looked about one hundred or more years old. They gulped as Maker went to the entrance and looked at each other. "Are you ready, 'Odi?" Michael asked Jodi determined.
"I sure hope so..." Jodi said, approaching the entrance. "I sure hope this is safe..."
"Please, 'Odi. If our adventures were safe we would've stopped one year ago." Michael said with a grin as he got next to them."

Maker looked back at them and smiled. "I can always count on you guys." She sent out her Infernape. "Let's go Ramon, you're the best flashlight I got." The Infernape jumped excitedly as he ventured into the ruins. Maker followed behind him. She looked around the ruins as she walked. There were no sign of any pokemon living inside, it was all dark and quiet. "Guys! Grab your buddy and use the flawless buddy system!"

The Electabuzz fired a thunder punch towards his enemies, but he missed as Joan jumped out of the way and Nana teleported behind it. The Magmar noticed this and went after Nana.
"Use pound Joan!" Azumi called out. Joan ran up a book case and used it to impulse itself towards the Magmar. She smashed it's face with her left ear. The Magmar tumbled backwards, rubbing it's face where the impact had been. Meanwhile the Electabuzz was chasing Nana, but she was to agile using her Teleport.
"This is annoying!" Waruigi cried out. "Hit everything! Discharge!"
The Electabuzz began storing energy. Joan rushed at it. "No Joan!" Azumi cried out as she saw the Buneary's intentions. The Electabuzz released his electricity. Nana used teleport to avoid it, while Azumi covered herself as the electric shocks ran through her body. Joan, however, was sent flying by the attack, smashing against a book case and collapsing. The attack also hit the Magmar and the grunts.
"You idiot!" Walio cried out. "You hit us all!"
"That stupid teleporting thing had me annoyed!" Waruigi responded.
"Well you hit everything except that!" Walio dhouted.
Nana, who noticed the damage done to Joan, began to glow. She raised her hands in the air and above her, a big white sphere began to form. Azumi looked in amazement. "What are you doing Nana?"
Nana didn't seem to listen, she blasted moon like sphere towards her enemies. It hit the Electabuzz first, sending flying against it's partner Magmar. Then, Nana fired another one. The second one hit the ground between the two grunts, the impact causing them to fall.
The Magmar began to get up along with Joan. Both Pokemon starred at each other. Joan rushed at her opponent with quick attack. The Magmar began throwing fire punches, trying to hit it. Joan was too quick and she hit the Magmar multiple times. Nana began building up another moonblast. The Magmar noticed this and fired a flamethrower towards her. Nana, who was in the middle of charging her attack, was unable to teleport away and shot the small amount of energy she had stored up. It was enough to stop the flamethrower, but the small explosion caused by the clash of the two attacks, knocked Nana backwards. Joan, who noticed Nana getting hurt, cried in anger as she began to deliver several attacks on the Magmar. The fire pokemon managed to slapped the Buneary away after a few attempts. Joan landed next to Nana, who was sitting down with an expression as if about to cry. Joan once again got up. But, so did the Electabuzz.
"Give it up princess!" Waruigi said. "You can't win."
Joan begun hitting the book shelf with her left ear. She was furious. The enemies began to laugh. This made her even madder. Joan let out a strong cry of desperation. Then, her body began to glow. She grew taller, her ears and legs spread out. After the glowing stopped, a Loppuny stood there instead of the small Buneary. Nana got up and cheered. The new evolved Joan growled at her enemies, showing her newly developed fangs.
"This is getting annoying!" Walio cried out. "Let's show em our doble pocket socket!"
Both the Electabuzz and Magmar charged at Joan, each of them with a punch of their element.
"Joan! Use circle throw!" Azumi called out.
The bunny pokemon moved to the side to avoid the Electabuzz and grabbed the Magmar's arm. She pulled him towards her, letting her body fall, and when the Magmar was about to fall also, she used her legs to send it flying towards it's trainer.
The Electabuzz turned around and attacked the Loppuny. "Low kick!" Azumi yelled. Joan smashed a kick to the electric pokemon's ankle, stopping it's attack. "Again!" Azumi cried out as Joan smashed another kick to the other ankle. Joan then got behind him. "Sky uppercut!" Azumi said out loud. Joan, with her right fist, smashed a finishing move on the enemies chin, sending it flying also to it's trainer.
Azumi looked at her Pokemon proudly. "Let's end this. Joan, helping hand! Nana, one more moonblast!"
Nana began charging her attack while Joan clapped her hands repeatedly. The moon like sphere in the air doubled in it's size. Once Nana finished, she shot it at the enemies, knocking all four of then out.

Renz was yet again reading. He had been reading a lot lately. Garchomp was taking a nap after watching Renz for an hour. Renz had decided to skip on TV so as not to disturb trainers sleeping in the neighboring rooms. He had needed to continue reading the Gym Leader Manual anyway. He was enjoying the segment on Gym aesthetics.

Azumi caught Joan, who had fainted after the battle. Nana used heal pulse, but it didn't work. "It's okay Nana. Remember that evolution is really tiring, she must be exhausted." Azumi put the knocked Loppuny's arm over her shoulder and carried her out of the library, leaving the grunts behind. Nana helped by taking the book and documents Azumi had been protecting. There was no one at the library besides them, Azumi figured they were paid to disappear. They walked through the city until reaching the Pokemon center. Once inside the nurse helped Azumi with Joan and took her to a room. Once the nurse left, Nana fell asleep next to Loppuny . Azumi sat next to the window, thinking about everything that has happened so far.

Garchomp woke up from his nap and yawned. Renz had awoken and was reading. Garchomp stretched and stood up, then walked to the door and opened it to go downstairs and get some water. He could smell Azumi, but he didn’t know where she was. The smells hadn’t been on the stairs, just in the lobby. He looked around for a moment before walking over to the Nurse Joy on duty at the front desk.

‘Hello there, does Renz need help?’

She asked. Garchomp shook his head and pointed to a water bottle in a trash can behind the desk.

‘You want water?’

Garchomp nodded. The Nurse Joy went to a small refrigerator underneath the desk and pulled out some water.

‘Here you go. Have a good night!’

She called as Garchomp nodded appreciatively and walked back towards the stairs. He happened to glance through a door on the way, and saw Azumi sitting inside the room, and two Pokémon sleeping nearby. He paused for a moment and looked at them. They looked kinda beat up. Garchomp cocked his head inquisitively.

Azumi felt she was being watched. The paranoia took over her and she turned quickly, as if preparing to attack. She relaxed when she saw the familiar face. "Oh it's you." She walked over to him and petted him on the head. "Is your trainer better? I kind off wish you could've been there before. I ran into some bullies." She petted his neck. "You should go with your trainer, we don't want him to worry, okay?" Azumi smiled.

Michael and Jodi walked in after Maker and Eli, looking around aimlessly. "Huh, this isn't so bad..." Jodi said with relief.
"I hope a lot of cute Pokémon are here!" Michael said cheerful. They followed Maker and her torch, Ramon, looking around for any signs of clues. When Maker spoke once again, they looked confused at each other. "I don't think I know what that is..." Michael whispered to Jodi.
"Neither do I, so just take out one of your Pokémon..." Jodi whispered back as she took out her Glaceon as Michael sent out his Blaziken and both waited for further instructions.

Maker noticed the confused reactions. "The buddy system, is where you pick a buddy and you stick with them the whole trip. In case you get lost, you won't be alone." Maker hugged Jodi. "Of course I go with Jodi. We are Charizard buddies." She walked ahead, dragging Jodi with her. "Now that we settled that. Here is where it gets interesting." She stopped since the path split into two. "Me and Jodi go left, you two go right. You guys need a Pokemon to light the way for you. Meet back at the entrance in let's say... 2 hours." She smiled as to wish them well and left into the dark with Ramon and grabbing Jodi by the hand.

"But isn't two hours way too muc-" Jodi tried to reason with Maker but she was just dragged away, with Glaceon following. She sighed and waved at the guys.
As the girls left, Michael turned towards Eli and asked "Are you ready? This will cool!" He then turned towards his Blaziken with a meaningful look, which his Pokémon nodded to. She ignited her wrists, making a light. "Come one, let's go." They started going on the right path, not waiting for answers.

Last edited:
Maker walked with Jodi happily. "I can't wait to find that man and beat him up and get information out of him." She made a turn and before them was a long dark hall. "I wonder if there's any traps around here." She touched the walls looking for a switch. "Maybe there is a secret passage like before." She stopped and looked at Jodi. "Or a mummy!" She covered her mouth. "What if I woke it up?" She hugged Jodi. "Now what do we do?!"

Garchomp nodded and turned back towards the stairs. He went back to Renz’s room and plopped down, opening his water as he did so. Renz had begun to wonder where he went, but saw the water bottle and figured out that that was where he had been. He dove back into his book and soon began to doze again.

"I don't know if your scared or worried." Jodi said with a chuckle as Maker pulled her into a hug. "But don't worry, mummies don't exist, only Cofragigus... I can't believe a twelve year old is telling a nineteen year old not ti worry!" She chuckled once again and pulled away. She looked at her Glaceon, who was sniffing the air curiously. "Smell something, Glaceon?" The Fresh Snow Pokémon shrugged and continued to sniff the air.

"Imagine getting trapped by one of those?!" Maker shivered. "Gives me goosebumps." She looked at Glaceon. "What is it? Is it a vampire?" Maker saw Ramon going further ahead. "Wait Ramon!" She cried out as she caught up to him. The hall turned into a left. "Well let's keep going." After following Ramon for a while, up ahead they could see Blaziken. "Oh no! Michael and Blaziken were turned into ghost!" Ramon face palmed as it became clear it was just their friends.

"Eli, that's why Blaziken ignited her fists. Please try to pay more attention." Michael said as he rolled his eyes at Eli's comment, but in the end he still giggled. They walked around in the dark, not sure of how much time was passing. Eventually, they saw Jodi, Maker, Glaceon and Ramon, who Michael immediately waved at. "Guys, it's us!" He said with a smile.
"Thank Arceus, Maker was starting to get worried." Jodi said with a chuckle. "Did you guys found something?"
"No luck, and I'm guessing that neither did you. So... What now?

Make ran up to Michael and Eli. "Well it's just one big square." She looked around. "What if there is something in the middle!" She looked at Ramon. "Use focus punch!"
The Infernape concentrated for a few seconds, then unleashed a powerful punch against the wall. But nothing happened, just a loud noise. "Ok well that didn't work." Maker said disappointed. "There's gotta be something else besides a single path!" She kicked the wall. "Oh I know! Let's hit the walls, if we hear and eco, it means something is on the other side!" She started kicking the wall at random places.

"Okay... I guess we can do that..." Jodi said a little weirded out that she would suggest that. But, it was Maker, so she wasn't really surprised. She took a step back and looked at Michael. Michael caught her gaze and understood what she wanted. He looked at his Blaziken, and when their eyes met, Blaziken sighed. She took a step closer to the wall, intensity in her eyes. All of a sudden, she started repeatedly kicking the walls with Blaze Kick.

Maker and Ramon hit the walls repeatedly. Maker began to sing. "You could make a sunshine!" Then she mumbled since she didn't know the lyrics. "The Candyman can!" She did a deeper voice. "Candyman can."
Ramon chuckled as he helped his trainer hit the walls. "YOU CAN MAKE A SUNSHINE!" Maker raised her voice. Once again she mumbled the part she didn't know. "The CANDYMAN CAN!" She finished and kicked the wall one last time. "I can't find any hollow in the walls. What about you guys?"

As Maker and Eli started to talk, Blaziken stopped hitting the wall and sighed. "I guess, there could be? Who knows." Jodi said as she leaned on the wall with a shrug.
"We don't actually know if there's anything here. We may be just chasing our tails... Man, I wish I had one..." Michael said as he looked around, but he whispered that last sentence. "So, where to next?

Maker crossed her arms. "Well I'm sad to sea team ultra instinct give up so fast." She sighed loudly. "Let's go get some sleep. Maybe we should search during the day." She kicked the wall one more time and walked away.

Azumi had fallen asleep next to her Pokemon and the book over her chest.

As Maker walked off, Michael and Jodi sighed and walked after her. When they reached the Pokémon Center, they sat on the couch. "So, what should we do?" Jodi asked Michael bored.
"I'm gonna text my brother, telling him where we are." Michael responded as he took out his phone, but when he saw the screen his face fell. "...Twenty missed calls. Dang it. Ugh, better hurry up with that text." He quickly sent his brother a message, explaining their situation. When Alejandro replied, Jodi asked:
"What did he say?"
" 'No wonder why you didn't came back home. You're with those troublesome friends of yours...and Jodi. I'll tell mom and dad, they were worried sick. Don't murder somebody.'... At least he wasn't mad. Now, I guess we should go to sleep." He didn't wait for any answers and got up, entering an empty guest room. Jodi sighed and went herself in a spare room, drifting off to sleep as soon as her head touched the pillow.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli sat on a chair for a while stroking Lix and staring off into the distance, sorting through his thoughts and feeling. After he had been sitting there a while he looked at the clock and realized he should really be going to bed, standing up he made his way to a guest room and went to sleep

Azumi woke up the next day. Her hair was a mess and she had dried drool on her mouth. She walked quietly out if the room, Nana followed her and Joan was still asleep. Both trainer and her Pokemon went to the dinner in the Pokemon center. It was about seven in the morning and only the night nurse was awake. Azumi served herself some coffee, got the papers she had obtained yesterday and the book. She began to read through it while Nana showed the nurse her dance moves.

Maker woke up on the floor. Eve was sound asleep in the bed. Maker got up and dragged herself out. She went into different rooms, checking who it was in there until she found Jodi. She went to Jodi's bed and curled up next to her.

After a long night and a dream about talking Mudbray, Jodi woke up due to feeling something that got next to her. She barely opened her eyes, seeing a silhouette beside her. When she fully opened them, she saw that it was Maker. She was so startled by her that she fell out of bed. She quickly got up and yelled angry at her "MAKER! What are you doing in MY BED?!"

Last edited:
Renz stretched and yawned. He was almost fully recovered from his overexertion. Garchomp was looking out the window at some Starly who were sitting on the next windowsill over. Evan went downstairs around eight, and a few people were up and about, most of them eating breakfast. He spied Azumi and walked in her direction.

‘Morning. Figure out anything on the translations?’

He sat down at the table, and looked at her closely.

‘You look pretty rough...’

Azumi looked up at Renz. "Tough night." She sighed loudly and showed her the book. "Celestial town and Eterna city have locations where these same writings have been seen. I think we should investigate these locations." She got up and stretched. "First I need to freshen up." She turned to her Kirlia who was eating a yogurt. "Do you mind watching her? She just needs to finish her yogurt." She smiled and walked away. Nana looked up at Renz confused.

Maker got up and yawned. "It's rude to wake up people you know." She got off the bed and helped Jodi up. "We should go get breakfast!"

Nana just starred at Renz. She didn't stop looking at him until Azumi returned. Azumi came back with Joan following her. "We are ready. I need to go to Veilstone first, then we can head to Eterna or Celestial." She picked up Nana and Joan gave a mean look to Renz. "What do you want to do?" Azumi asked Renz.

‘Well, I’ve been to Eterna once, but it didn’t go great. I had to leave immediately before I could try to get the badge there. I honestly don’t care which way we go as long as we don’t see that Hermaeus guy again. But just in case we do run into any problems, I’ll grab some other Pokémon from the PC.’

Renz walked over to the PC, typed in his access code and selected 3 Pokémon. He walked back over to Azumi.

‘These are some of my buddies who I decided to give a rest for awhile.’

He released from the Pokéballs a Piloswine, a Krokorok, and a Gligar. The Gligar immediately hid behind Renz, while the Piloswine appeared in front of him and Krokorok materialized leaning against a wall.

Last edited:
"Ok." Azumi said as Renz showed her his Pokemon. "Then I need to go get my things from Veilstone. We should take the train, it takes an hour to arrive." She arranged the book and documents and walked out, Nana and Joan walking behind her.
Once in the train station, she paid for her ticket and for Renz's. She got on as soon as it arrived, she sat down in her sit and began going through the documents again. Nana fell asleep next to her and Joan just started out the window. After a while Azumi looked up at Renz.
"Did you notice anything special about these people? Any body marks or tattoos?"