• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join "Captured by the Evil Team!" Discussion

Oh and @xHuRrIcAnE don't post out of character stuff in the main RP thread! your first post is just a bio and your second post is just an out of character question... Posts in that thread should add to the story and nothing more - it's not a chatroom, that's what this thread is for. Make sure you've read the rules!

@Hekotoro We don’t have to. In fact, IIRC, the rules actually encourage not using a strict move system like the games. I’ve just been trying to creatively use the abilities certain moves imply. For example, Wild Charge implies that a pokemon can generate electricity, but not discharge it. Telekinesis implies, well, telekinesis. So I used Espeon’s telekenisis and Arcanine’s electric charge (implied from Wild Charge) together to make thunderbolt.

Edit: a key element of my thought process is to never mention the actual move name, unless it’s a command I’ve taught my pokemon, like sit, stay, or down.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
@Eliiscool Taken from Bulbapedia:
Gardevoir winks at the opponent and releases several pink hearts that surround the opponent. The hearts then causing it to fall in love with Gardevoir if it's the opposite gender.

I have kinda been using the anime descriptions for moves in order to imagine what they look like.

Question: Is Lix's ability Volt Absorb or Quick Feet? Gardevoir's ability is Trace, therefore she takes on the ability of the Pokemon she is fighting.

Just make sure people have read the site rules! Any rules on top of those are just personal preference. This RP doesn't really have any 'rules' per say, and it turned out great! so I don't think they're super necessary or anything...

Just make sure you've read the site rules: no double posting, no one-liners, no excessive OOC, have to post in past tense, etc. Other than that try to keep your team at around 6 pokemon or less, but nothing's a hard-and-fast rule!
There's a synopsis at the top of the first post of the RP that you should read, but basically here's what's gone on recently: there was an attack on Veilstone's city hall, seemingly by team Galactic; but team Galactic was defeated years ago so the reason behind the attack is currently a mystery. Our characters will probably be investigating this.

We don't have a strict bio format, so just include whatever you think is relevant.