• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
YELLS. Okay, so, I really do apologize for my absence, but school is starting soon so I have a lot of stuff going on right now. Hopefully next week I'll have a solid schedule and things will be better! But for now...

About Fakemons. I don't want them in this roleplay, sorry to say. I hate being the bad, but the thing is, similar to the no legendaries/variations rule, I don't want fakemon. I will go and add that soon because I didn't exactly make it as clear in the rules as I should have. Variations count as fakemon, and if variations aren't allowed, fakemon aren't. The only thing related to a "fake" you can have is canon variations. For example, your Burmy doesn't have to have a cloak, and your Sewaddle can have different leaves. I absolutely ADORE variations in private roleplays, but I don't here for a few reasons:

1. Most people want to use other people's art for their variations or fakes. Obviously, that isn't allowed by the Pokecharms rules.

2. We all may not have the same mental image of your Pokémon, and I want everyone on the same page.

3. Like any new character, fakes can be overpowered, except that an entire SPECIES might be overpowered. Everyone should have to have their species abide by the same universal rules that species are balanced. Pokemon that are not canon almost have a free pass around this... especially in a roleplay where you have characters that are children, with plenty of unfulfilled potential still.

4. And specifically for your situation, @Charlespark ... your fakes will be NPCs. NPCs are non-playable for a reason, and therefore, should not have an entire database supporting them. They are only for brief mentions that support the roleplay, and to put that much effort into an NPC is bordering turning them into an actual character. I would much rather you focus on Joel, as opposed to creating an assortment of support characters you probably won't even need. If Joel needs friends, look to the other 'mons instead! It will certainly help his personal growth.

I hope my reasoning is satisfactory. Eventually, if it becomes a problem, I will limit the number of NPCs you can have, but until I decide it is actually an issue:

Make a small bio for your NPC. Remember, they are not full-fledged characters. Thus, just include the following:

Name:
Species:
Gender/Pronouns:
House:

I hope this answers everyone's curiosity. I will make my way over to the roleplay to catch up, now! Thank you so so soooo much for everyone's patience with me. ♥

Well, I suppose that I might need to lay off my lil' Chiral Signita then since he's probably a bit too powerful for his size even if I try to nerf him... (Like seriously... this guy would probably be classified as legendary caliber when I placed him in their test... He's got some moves that can pretty much wreck a team that's unprepared and can pretty much cripple them with the nasty status conditions that can commonly be found in the old mystery dungeon games that made it a bit hard for a reason; i.e. Petrify, which makes you pretty much helpless for a staggering 30 turns if no one's there to help you out...)

The main reason why I kinda went a bit overboard unfortunately was because I didn't really know what to do with Joel... (Have him keep waiting or have him make a run for it...?)

Anyway, I completely understand your explanations and I will try to focus more on lil' Joel.

Thank you Believe. You helped me out of that hole a lot.

(Ps, I also do have school starting soon and I will be having some things going on when the time comes.)

I'm going to be absent for about half of tomorrow. I've got a vacation going on. Since I'll have less time to go on my computer, I'm going to allow someone to control Isabelle.

If you want to have permission, ask me here in this role play.

Also, starting next Monday, school will start for me so expect less posts on that day and beyond.

Yeah! Your art was darling, Shimmering. I was about to edit my last post to mention it before I got distracted in the roleplay thread. Beedrill are especially hard to draw in my opinion, so I love your rendition of Doc. Plus, the others are so cute! Your art is very bright and gives me good vibes.

I am glad I could be of help Charles, I do apologize that I had to say no, though. I love all variations and fakes to the end of the world and back. It pained my heart to deny your little guy existence here. But yeah, even with Joel's strength, overpowered teenagers without any prior schooling just doesn't make a lot of sense...

I'm okay with the little bird robber, by the way! Just, yeah, don't give them some terrible backstory of "I was bullied by the students here," because that's not plausible (unless they knew them prior to Capelle's.)

...And woo, let's all jump on the "school starts Monday" bandwagon. I feel so bad for us XD (I say as I own a school roleplay... I'm such a nerd //sigh.)

If anyone needs me to control their characters, I'll happily oblige (since I have the best idea on what's necessary for advancement in this RP.) I hope you enjoy the vacation, Seal!

Also, friendly reminder I have an interesting plot brewing... dun dun dun!

Thanks! I'll hopefully have a good time. I'll still have my normal posts since I am going to bring my laptop on the trip.

If no one else wants to control her, then I'll give you the permission.

Well, should anyone fail to claim here before you leave tomorrow, I'll take care of it! No worries. Real life > roleplay, every time. (...In terms of importance. Some rps are cooler than real life. TBH a perfect example is I would love to attend this school instead of my IRL one XD)

Alright, instead I'll give you some permission to control Isabelle. (That doesn't include the pesky bird, since you don't know much about it.)

(I guessed not, aha. I don't wanna give the bird accidental character development.)

Thank you though for this amazing honor. I will treasure your daughter with my life.

EDIT: RIP, I posted too fast. Ms. Capelle, err... that's a grin I hope you all will remember...

Of all the choices in my life the hardest is truly deciding what colour Valour's bow-tie should be.

dapper.png

Last edited:
Name: Lilly
Species: Petilil
Gender/Pronouns: Female
House: House Ignite, as She wants to become more stronger and victorious
Personality (Optional): Lilly is really shy and likes to be alone, she takes everything serious even battles she wont give up until she wins but she is very kind, she care for every living creature in the world, She only gains trust in friends and finally She gets offended, scared, angry easily
History (Optional): Lilly was part of the Liligant family, her parents wanted to send her to Capelle's School to help her to train, be calm and elegant
Extra (Optional): Lilly was treated really horrible at home, he entire family doesnt care for her personallity, they think she is a wierdo a Liligant who is completely not elegant, always want to make a fight

This is going to be really awkward trying to greet people across time zones...

Also, I heard that believe said that... well... maybe it's better to wait since I don't wait to say it up front...

*an egg slightly nods and shakes in a wobbling motion*

I'm trying to find that one quote so it's easy to prove... but it's like me having to go into the police database to look for it...

Joel is behind the stage while silently crying since he's experiencing the other part of his condition he has... (He was pretty maniacal and now he's kinda a bit sad now unfortunately...)

*a fellow mist dragon Pokémon hides Joel's files so that no one can easily find out what said condition he has most likely*

Well, Glare has some sort of anxiety disorder because she saw one of her friends, (an Unown, in the shape of a Q) die in a horrible shooting. That is an added bit to Glare's backstory. I guess. That's what may have caused her to faint.

Well... Joel is probably going to hide in the backstage since I'm sure that he doesn't want to really come back to the activity after having to go to the dreaded Nurse...

On another important note, I will still be having the NPC character step in now since Joel is going to be in a situation where he's a bit stuck unfortunately... (No information about them will be revealed, it is up to the reader(s) to find out who they are.)

I'm just gonna hope that the Nurse doesn't go back to hunt Joel down since he's "technically" in the gym... right...?

*a baby Dragonite can be seen sleeping on his little bed while occassionally checking on the roleplay with his tiny phone*

Does anybody want to do some battling on Showdown? Disclaimer: I have no clue what the 'Smogon rules' are. If anyone could help me with that, I would greatly appreciate it.

Well, Joel is kinda crying backstage since he doesn't want to come back to the activity... so I think that I'll make a brief mention of my NPC character to support the Pikipek's thing maybe...

*??? can be seen cloaking in front of everyone oddly enough*

Hey, sorry if this has already been answered, but I didn't seem to find anything about moves.
Do our pokémon have 4 moves? How does moves' learning process work? Thanks, and sorry again if this was already asked!

I don't know how many we're allowed but I always liked to think TMs were genuinely just disks; they're instructional training videos, like those workout ones.

@Keybored Tiers are just used to allow people to use their favorite pokemon, even those who are not "competitive". Of course pokemon like Octillery and Delibird wouldn't stand a chance against pokemon like Gengar or Starmie, that's why people play tiers like NeverUsed or RarelyUsed where "stronger" pokemon are banned and can't be played. As for the Clauses, they are used to make the game a little less "unhealthy". The Evasion Clause, for example, blocks all accuracy-modifying moves such as Minimize or even abilities such as Sand Veil, so people can't spam Minimize, get at +6 evasion and just toxic/moonlight the opponent, since he'll never hit the target.

I was about to answer, but Satokuye pretty much hit the nail on the head. Most people think it's just too cheap to spam Double team and win just because no attacks land on you.

Also, wow, In Character Sato is begging for a fight, huh?

@Satokuye First of all, thanks for explaining it so clearly, appreciate it. I find it weird though why they need to 'block out' certain strategies, there are moves without Evasion-checks as well as moves that eliminate stat changes. Why alter a balanced system? I mean I get it, you don't want people to build cheap teams and 'tryhard' if you will. I'm just conflicted. On one hand I support it, on the other I don't. Regardless, I thank you for explaining.

Also, wow, In Character Sato is begging for a fight, huh?
He's getting it too. Cliff is rather susceptible to this kind of stuff.