• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Boryia Tales, Heritage of the Bracia's Throne

I was wondering if it was too late to change Lucy's element? I'm asking also you guys who are participating in the rp.

I just thought that it would be good if we had a bit more element variation and there are quite a bit of characters with wind, and I thought that Fire could also fit Lucy rather well (blue fire specifically, because aesthetics).

I also might need to change her title since it heavily referenced her element, so I'm open to suggestions for that too (If it's alright that I change elements ofc)

Last edited:

Helios.

Previously RisingGarchomps
It appears that water and fire don't have as many elementalists. Chaos and Order could also be said but we got quite a few a while back with them. In addition, at the start there were a lot with Earth and Wind. Definitely think Earth fits the Montiantes the best.

How would we 'use' our element if we didn't have the crystal weapons mentioned on your first post?
I also might need to change her title since it heavily referenced her element, so I'm open to suggestions for that too (If it's alright that I change elements ofc)
How about something like 'the melting mountain' or 'the volcano' or something to do with heat and hills?

How would we 'use' our element if we didn't have the crystal weapons mentioned on your first post?
Its simple
You wouldn't use them at all, or they would be less effective. Its mainly materialization and manipulation of element. Crystals help with materialization process. People born with high magic power or who trained it can use it well enough, but crystals still would boost their possibilities.
I highly doubts that any of Noble families wouldn't afford to have any of those or money for them.

Well, at first it was about to be impossible..
Nah, forget the first sentence.

You can use magic without the Divine weaponry, however it will be both harder to create, maintain and control. So you can use it, but it will be weaker than if you use it with divine weapons.

Also!
Divine weapons is just a name of any item that has crystal in it, so it isn't limited to simple weaponry!

Helios.

One thing, Kyuukestu hasn’t given a response to a pretty significant event in character. We should try and get that response at least some point in writing.

Second, I have a bunch of cool characters I want to be up introducing at some point soon.

Third, I am going away somewhere tomorrow and won’t be back until Sunday or Monday. I’ll have very limited internet engagement during this time and so I’d like to post a heads up here if you do do the time skip and my characters don’t end up doing anything.

One thing, Kyuukestu hasn’t given a response to a pretty significant event in character. We should try and get that response at least some point in writing.

Second, I have a bunch of cool characters I want to be up introducing at some point soon.

Third, I am going away somewhere tomorrow and won’t be back until Sunday or Monday. I’ll have very limited internet engagement during this time and so I’d like to post a heads up here if you do do the time skip and my characters don’t end up doing anything.
I plan to respond with Palladia tonight so don't worry about that.

Helios.

Here is just one of some character ideas I have been working on for this world for some time:

Name: Jacob 'Puma' Caleem-Felinor Tigroran
Nickname: Puma, young cub, cubby, 'Sabretooth', snowballs, snowy, the Searing Shortsword, Candle, Flame boy
Sexuality: Undecided, but most likely straight.
Noble Family: Tigroran
Appearance: In his everyday boyish form he is a short childish build with short brown and golden highlights here and there on his hair, apart from this nothing special. His face is covered in freckles. His clothes are ragged and dirty and remind many of those lower down in the working class. They have the look of simplicity and ordinariness to remind others he is mostly a server boy rather than an heir for the time being. He does wear some Tigroran furs around his neck. In his alter ego, 'Sabertooth', he wears more bestial looking clothes which appear torn at the bottom with burnt marks and holes on the chest. The original basis for these clothes are less ragged and are based on a set of grey nobleman's clothes he stole. In this form, he wears many more furs around his body, arms, legs, fur boots and neck, almost like a muzzle. As 'Sabretooth' he also wears a horrifying mask of grey coloured big cat with large teeth being the most obvious feature extending from the mask's mouth.
Personality: He acts silently, lifeless and more professionally in front of the nobles like an unimportant servant boy. Outside of court life, he can be playful and energetic. He really just wants best for the world, and does not bother going on genocidal rants like Al, whom he has grown to distrust since Al did a turn on his 'friendlyness' policy towards him. As his alter ego, 'Sabretooth', he is mischievous, naughty and energetic, a side of him rarely seen except when he's not in court and with close non-noble friends, another trait of his, which seems to distinguish him from his other brothers and sisters. He gets on with Ocarina and is close to many females in his family, respecting them a lot more than Al. He acts fairly mature for his age.
Element: Fire
Backstory: He was born as Jacob to the Tigroran family and was the youngest at the time he was born, nicknamed 'Puma' for his personality. Just turned 13, he is one of the more recent potential male heirs of the family and looked up greatly towards Al when he was in his caring phase, but then turned against him during his chaotic period. Leopold Tigroran confided in Puma that he would eventually be his choice of heir if Al went AWOL, something Leopold predicted for a long time even before Al left for Black Fury. Puma was devastated when Al left but continued to support him even when Leopold advised against him. When Al returned, he was a changed man and the two broke relations briefly up until this point. Leopold currently supports him as the heir of the family and has insisted because of Al's recent behaviour in the RP that Al's position be revoked, something Al has overridden. Puma was picked out by Leopold as a top swordsman and trained him for several years under an acclaimed swordsmaster and so has acquired Leopold's favour for duels secretly and wields many a sword. Puma is in a position to forgive and has come to Al to change his mind. Puma was given the job of a servant in many noblemen's houses and he was praised for his hard working ability. However, he was criticised by the Gazette family when working for them in their mansion a month ago, when he went missing during the night. The next day, the Gazette family found a dead body of one of their own outside the entrance to the mansion: during the night a murder took place. The Gazette's believed that Puma had some involvement, but Leopold insisted and found evidence to suggest Puma had no part to play. On the scene were claw marks, pieces of grey fur, pieces of a leather grey mask and scorch marks, followed by slash attacks. It is believed that Puma's alter ego was at work here. You see, Puma often liked to pretend he was some kind of vigilante and it is believed that he has a second personality that is only seen when he is angry or at certain times of the day. Puma's alter ego, he insists, is called 'Sabretooth', obtained from the look of the big cat mask he stole from an acclaimed party store. He carries a blunt shortsword to fool people during the day and switches to two swords which he sometimes puts on fire to confuse his enemies, named 'Ignatooth' and 'Searswift', this version of him is said to be extremely terrifying to see at night. He insists this is just him playing pretend and that he hasn't actually hurt anyone because of this egotism. Sometimes, he carries a rapier too. He's quick and agile and tries to defend the innocent.
Other: Red Dancing Dragon.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Oh so everyone is chilling in the palace?
Not sure. Maybe I was wrong about capital and everyone is just in the country but like at their houses? Well I now realize I couldn't really clarify where people should be except that the answer to your first question is likely no.

@Clite of Dragonbow by the way I believe you mentioned you wanted a meeting between Arthur and Leo? Did you want me to send you an invitation or were you gonna do that later today or did you send it during the timeskip? If you can't tell basically I'm confused xD

In regards to the time skip is it assumed that we are still in Bracia or has everyone left?
We are always in Bracia, my friend. We just may not be in capital.
Umm, I don't think anyone is leaving the capital yet.
Well, Noble Families probably headed to their own palaces. In main Palace is only Michaelis with the two guests (Logan and Wendy).
@Clite of Dragonbow by the way I believe you mentioned you wanted a meeting between Arthur and Leo? Did you want me to send you an invitation or were you gonna do that later today or did you send it during the timeskip? If you can't tell basically I'm confused xD
Is it really that big problem.. we can say that as I mentioned it before, then invitation has been sended during a timeskip. But, if it is a problem for you, then I gonna mention it in a post earlier.

Helios.

This is a weird question, but are there any places in Boryia or Bracia that are based on Italy or have Italian based names or themes?

I'm thinking of creating a retainer for Puma who draws inspiration from the kind of pre-renaissance and medieval era where Italians and central Europeans were known for their finesse.

Helios.

Name: Wade Shantysong OR Alfonzo Cascata (di) Acquasword
Nickname: Wade Shantysong (His alias), Slade, the dancing waters, the unbroken wave, the Tsunami, Waterfall man, Sword dancer, the foreign one
Sexuality: Straight
Heir or Retainer: Retainer
Noble Family: Because of the nature of his hired work, he has made alliances with all families at least once, but he is currently employed by the Tigroran family to keep watch of one of their own.
Appearance: In his alia, Wade, he wears a red or blue beret like hat, with a noble dress almost like that of a girl's skirt. It's more like a kilt but it's got wave patterns on it and is white and blue. Light blue and dark blue appear to be the colours on Wade's clothes. The only item he carries around is a large lute with waves on it. In his true persona, Alfonzo, his hat is gone, and he wears simple yet elegant silver clothes with a small armour plate with a white drawstring shirt underneath. He believes that armour isn't truly needed so he often just wears a shirt and trousers or wears just a small armour plate. Sometimes, he will even take his shirt off for fights, showing a handsome chest. His face is hairy, with a blonde or yellowish moustache and a small beard and goatee. He normally wears a rapier on a belt on his trousers.
Personality: He's very effeminate, positive and energetic in his persona, Wade and is very musically gifted, as he is a world famous bard. In his true personality, he is more balanced and says little, but when he does, it's often a far more adult-like criticism and is balanced, but contains more truth and so is often quite negative towards his students. His primary focus is on teaching lessons to his students, who have come to train with him and will focus more on the sword than anything else. He's very focused when in this version of himself.
Element: Water
Backstory: Alfonzo is a famous and fabled swordsman, duelist, musketeer and rapier-wielder from the Kingdom of Morkibeth. He emigrated due to personal issues and a great debt he owed to someone. In order to pay that off, he entered Bracia and started teaching sword fighting lessons to noblemen, later branching off to the common folk. He found that he was good at it and later enlisted many supervisors to help him teach, them coming from all around Bracia as well as from other kingdoms. It was found that he had a mass appeal to those who were fleeing persecuted lands, including in neighbouring kingdoms. Most importantly to him were the elves in his service who became instructors alongside him. Together, they planned to build a swordsmen garrison, a formal academy where they would teach those who paid their fine swords fighting skills. However, he did not have enough funds to build it and local authorities would not grant him the ability to do it, so he settled with appealing to the great families for assistance. Although initially interested, the Montiantes quickly backed out of a deal when Alfonzo's garrison plan proposed the garrison be build over a highly lucrative mine. The Dragonhearts, who were his best allies at the time did not have the funds to build in their lands. Alfonzo's original intension to build in the far northern coasts was destroyed when the King at Colmonta, supported his goal to build a garrison for all to go to, but insisted that the families in the north would not support him. As a result, Alfonzo and his followers went south. There, they feuded briefly with the Puresoulias, which led to a decline in their support for the garrison being built in their lands. Finally, Alfonzo went to Caspe, where he had an audience with the Tigroran leaders. They agreed to support him and give funds and build in the far south of their controlled lands along the south coast. Alfonzo promised a lucrative business could be created if more garrisons could be built but they have only so far finished one which has stood for about 20 years at least. Alfonzo was apparently promoted by the Tigrorans because one of their house leaders knew Alfonzo's family. Alfonzo agreed as part of the deal to train any heirs of the Tigroran family. Leopold sent most of his heirs there but particularly put more finance into the education of young Puma who was trained to wield a sword at the garrison under Alfonzo's personal tuition since the age of 7. Alfonzo agreed to look after the boy and ensure his success. He became a retainer and followed Puma around, disguising himself as Wade Shantysong, probably the most famous bard in all of Bracia. Alfonzo tailored the backstory of this character, that he was an ordinary man promoted by the King after he played in his courts playing in the name of a lover but was captured trying to find said lover aboard a pirate ship. There, he was tortured brutally until he became partially insane. He escaped with the help of the King's forces but the lover was murdered and now 'his shanty song carries on'. As Wade, he plays a large lute which he is very skilful and graceful at doing in part due to his dancing and swordsmanship activities. Some say his music has watery powers. Others allude to the mysteriousness of his character due to the magical water powers of an ancient sword he never uses, the Tsunami. The alias under Wade is purely to stop people recognising him and to act in sort of a spy like way. He appears inferior to that of Puma but he is in fact highly feared.
Other: He is good with horses and has helped Puma ride and tame his horse, young Buck. He also likes Red Dancing Dragons.

Last edited:

Helios.

So, what agenda is exactly being pushed for in the RP?

I was going to originally introduce Wade and Puma at the point where everybody was at the King's castle but it seems as if you are pushing for us to have our heirs return to their homelands.

What are we supposed to be doing back at each heirs home city? Plotting? What exactly are we expected to do?

Didn't I said to plan it here and make it everything easier for you that way?
All heirs are back as for now in their homelands, preparing themselfs and their retrainers. Yup, they are gonna be plotting, arguing, receiving support and etc now basiclly, it is kinda up to you.

I didn't know that you wanted to introduce them in king's castle as It wasn't a hotelnfor everyone to stay in a first place. (Logan and Wendy came as guests from other countries, so I don't count them...)

I asked you at first to think about what your heirs can do in after a timeskip, when I mentioned it for a first time...
If you don't have any idea for it, then I can set an another event for you or something.

Main agenda is that your characters aim for a throne, so they do anything in their power to reach it or to make their goals happend.

Its stated in rp that the meeting will be in the Giupi City after a week and all of the heirs will attend it.

There aren't any needed details that I hadn't stated before, however it may be quite something if you would like to describe the palace of Tigrorans for example and you can describe its looks how will you want ^^
Main detail is that in the palace is also a great library.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Is it really that big problem.. we can say that as I mentioned it before, then invitation has been sended during a timeskip. But, if it is a problem for you, then I gonna mention it in a post earlier.
Sorry, it’s not a problem I would just like to know how you wanted it to be because it was kind of vague. Also when would it occur? Later today or later in the week?

Helios.

Didn't realise she was suicidal. That's bad. She needs to see a doctor. Good thing I had Leopold Tigroran with a doctor in the RP earlier. She can go to the castle in Caspe to get help from him.