• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Be A H.E.R.O. (Superhero RP Discussion/Sign-Ups)

There is the members of H.E.R.O. who joined after the original fight. Striker’s the last of the original seven, but it’s been ten years since the formation of the team so we can get some more adults in.

A-7 Striker, welcome back to H.E.R.O.

Hero: Tachyon
Secret Identity: Adrian Michael
Age: appears around 27 though his true age is unknown even to him
Appearance: sunkissed complexion with a slim muscly build
Superpowers: super speed and time powers ( chronol blasts, reversing time to repair damage done to inorganic objects , slowing or speeding it up slightly)
Abilities: genius and inventor
Weaknesses: Extreme Cold
Home City: London
Backstory: Born to a pair of gifted scientists Adrian became fascinated with time and its function. Devoting his life to understanding it’s workings. Leading to an understanding so strong he devised ways to begin to influence the flow of time into useful energy and for his own benefit gaining increased perception of events, hence what appears to be super speed. His research drew him to develop a suit of armour which allowed him to further develop his control over time flows, this drawing the attention of HERO and he was approached by the group to join its ever expanding roster of members
Relations: head of Tachyon research
Archenemies: None yet though there are whispers of people who envy Adrian and wish to use his research and technology for their own selfish desires.

Last edited:
Haunting Balloon, Krypton doesn't exist in this universe... That's a DC thing. You think Superman exists in the H.E.R.O. universe?
But I do love the idea of Tachyon. Aside from the reversing-time thing and what I assume are time loops (that "basic loops" part) he should be good. And with Starstruck, it seems good, just remove Kryptonite and the Krypton references. Oh, and I assume the Stars are a sentient race like the Azarathians and Kryptonians, because stars themselves aren't sentient.
B-2 Tachyon, B-3 Starstruck, welcome back to H.E.R.O.

I don't see how logic and common sense needs to go in the rules. This is still a world just like our own, except there's been something called the Meta-Gene going around turning people into metahumans. That's really the only difference, save for maybe a few alien races. The laws of our universe still apply (save in cases like dimensional travel and time travel) in every sense of the word. This means stars aren't sentient, and humans can't just fly... save for if they're a metahuman with the ability of levitation or something on that level.

Haunting Balloon, Krypton doesn't exist in this universe... That's a DC thing. You think Superman exists in the H.E.R.O. universe?
But I do love the idea of Tachyon. Aside from the reversing-time thing and what I assume are time loops (that "basic loops" part) he should be good. And with Starstruck, it seems good, just remove Kryptonite and the Krypton references. Oh, and I assume the Stars are a sentient race like the Azarathians and Kryptonians, because stars themselves aren't sentient.
B-2 Tachyon, B-3 Starstruck, welcome back to H.E.R.O.
I was thinking the reversing time as a way to fix most of the damage done by battles and I can remove the time loops part

Hero: Flare
Not-So-Secret-Identity: Samantha Shields
Appearance: Tan skin with auburn hair with streaks of dark red. Becomes Human-Torch esque whenever she ignites. She has a pale suit to absorb heat and keep her from burning up entirely. Her left hand is permanently charred from when she tried her powers without a restraining suit.
Powers: Can fully ignite her body and send searing blasts from anywhere on her body if she provides force. Her suit allows her to carry people. There is also another use for the suit- but she hasn't figured it out yet.
Abilities: Innovative. Not quite MacGyver but she's fairly handy and can find a way out of many situations. Her smooth-talking and charismatic personality also gets her far.
Weaknesses: Fire extinguishers (well, duh). Lack of oxygen. Lots of water. Overload of energy.
Home Planet: Earth
Backstory: Born into a middle-class family, Samantha was determined to make it to the top of the food chain. Her childhood was fine, but she wanted more. So she started working at tech companies when her grades caught their eye. She quickly rose, and eventually started her own company. She agreed on a merger when her company began to suffer financially. After the merger, she rebounded. Lange-Shields Innovations was a massive hit. One day, she woke to find something was different. She was feeling very warm. One moment, her hand caught fire! Immediately, she tested for a Meta-Gene, and discovered a dormant one in her DNA had somehow been awakened. Her and her partner Eric Lange engineered her a suit to keep her safe. She then adopted the moniker Flare and joined H.E.R.O.
Relations:
Amber Shields (mom) is an elderly woman who is slowly losing her memory. Samantha is working to save her.
Eric Lange (husband) is her work and family partner.
Enemies: I'll get back to you on that

Is it really necessary? Let the city fall apart by heroes and villains battle! Beside, reverse time is prone to godmodding.
Was this comment really necessary? Let people have their own ideas, time reversal is only godmod when misused. You haven’t seen me use it yet so reserve such judge until after if you wouldn’t mind

Chill. I just want to floor my own idea. Although its true that everything can be not godmodding if used wisely, I just fear that there'll be scenario when a time user will godmod when they use the time reversal thingy, but will look dumb and out of character if they don't use it.

Spoiled Bread kinda just voiced my own worries about it. I SUPPOSE I could allow it, but… what would be the point, really? If you reversed time to fix the damage, you’d also reverse a battle.

Also Mockingchu, YES. I LOVE YOUR CHARACTER.
B-4 Flare, welcome back to H.E.R.O.

Spoiled Bread kinda just voiced my own worries about it. I SUPPOSE I could allow it, but… what would be the point, really? If you reversed time to fix the damage, you’d also reverse a battle.

Also Mockingchu, YES. I LOVE YOUR CHARACTER.
B-4 Flare, welcome back to H.E.R.O.
The power only works on inorganic but if you want I can just drop it

Villain: Predatrix
Secret Identity: Beatriz Ralo-Antony (Bea to her family and only her family)
Appearance: coffee skin, a tall slim build, long light brown hair and hazel eyes
Personality: very fierce and antisocial
Superpowers: improved healing the ability to shape shift portions of her body to that of animals
Abilities: a master of capoeira and acrobatics
Weaknesses: captivity
Home City: Rio de Janeiro
Backstory: Born in Rio de Janeiro but raised in various research outposts throughout the world with an large portion of her life spent in the Amazon rainforest Bea grew up loving animals, her father was a Revolutionary Genetic researcher famous for bringing various species of endangered and recently extinct animals back from the edge, known only to the three of them was the method for doing so, expose of organic material to an extra-dimensional energy source know as the bio-sphere, seemed to regenerate cells at unbelievable speeds. While her mother was an pioneer zoologist searching for new species. The trio were inseparable until research failed and bankruptcy hit the family hard, driving Bea’s parents to begin dabbling in FEA’s (Forced Evolutionary Animals) using the bio-sphere to splice the DNA of various animals into hybrids to release and ‘discover’ as new species. Starting small mixing various fish and birds nothing too noticeable, but the excessive use of the bio-sphere had unforeseen side effects. The storms in the area begun to intensify dramatically, and wildlife attacks became more frequent. During one such storm the containment field around the bio-sphere was damaged and the trio exposed to the power sources untempered effects. Bea’s parents both developed terminal cancer not long after, the bio sphere accelerating the condition. Bea however begun to display an ability to change her skins texture and colour an early sign of her powers to come. It wasn’t long until both her parents died and Bea was left alone in the world. The bio-sphere has awoken her animalistic desires and she soon begun a life of crime. Initially good to survive though she begun to venture out into more large scale robbery once she gained some control over her powets
Relations: parents (deceased)
Archenemies: H.E.R.O

We have several other villains without character sheets made - check my sheets and you'll see many villains listed in the "Archenemy" section.
So, just to clarify, are we able to have villains without making character sheets for them? Because I have a villain in mind, but I can't really put him in a archenemy section since he's never actually fought either of my characters.

A paragraph of description for the villain should do fine. I don't need to write a paragraph since I've already accepted the villains (I made them for the RP) and they'll be introduced through archenemy exposition. Villains of other RPers however, I'm going to need a paragraph of synopsis on them before they're allowed to be used in the RP.

A paragraph of description for the villain should do fine. I don't need to write a paragraph since I've already accepted the villains (I made them for the RP) and they'll be introduced through archenemy exposition. Villains of other RPers however, I'm going to need a paragraph of synopsis on them before they're allowed to be used in the RP.
Alright, then. I hope this is fine.

The villain I had in mind is known as Neurotoxin, his true identity being a man named James Keller. Originally, he worked for a secret illegal organization, which was attempting to create toxic gasses, as one of their scientists. One day, while experimenting, his face was scarred by a dangerous gas they unintentionally released. To hide his newly found appearance, James began wearing a gas mask at all times, only taking it of when absolutely necessary. Not long after, the organization was discovered, and James was able to convince the authorities he was being forced to work against his will. Then unemployed, James began developing his own chemicals, and selling them on the black market, eventually earning enough money and respect to begin a criminal empire known as "The Men in the Fog," adopting the alias of "Neurotoxin," after creating a gas that effected the mind of those who inhale it, causing poor coordination and eyesight, slurred speech, hallucinations, aggressive or unusual behavior, and other symptoms effecting the mind. Most effects vanish within a day, but victims often experience migraines afterword, and sometimes permanent brain damage, which in some extreme cases, can be fatal. After achieving an impressive amount of power, he began investing in a corrupt organization, which was attempting to create living weapons, which Neurotoxin was very interested in, believing he would be able to control such organisms, if he was able to create chemicals which were able to do so. One day, however, one of the organisms managed to escape, and Neurotoxin was able to see exactly how much potential the organisms held, after visiting the scene, and reading everything he could about what happened to Ashley Adams on that fateful day. Intrigued by the destruction caused by the experimental organism, he began formulating a plan to somehow control it's power.

Hero: Warden
Secret Identity: none
Appearance: y’all slim build with grey skin and bright orange eyes. He wears a black body suit with a faded khaki jacket over it and large metallic gauntlets with dual flow nozzles in the palms
Superpowers: the ability to absorb, redirect and channel all forms of energy. Though he is only really able to use this effectively with heat (both hot and cold)*, light and electricity
Abilities: master of defensive material arts such as aikido and wing chun
Weaknesses: Cannot absorb Magical energy.
Home City: Tokyo
Backstory: the last surviving pair of Scorpiods Warden and his sister were sent to Earth to avoid the destruction of their planet Scorpio Prime at the hands of magical invaders. Their ship landing in rural Japan and the pair quickly adapted to the new world blending in with the countries advanced technology, they were happy and safe or so they thought. When Tesla-Trion attacked Tokyo, Wardens sister was killed when a building collapsed on top of her and Warden swore he would find the man who killed his sister and bring him to justice. Approaching Sentinel not long after the attack with the pair working in tandem to protect Japan from a variety more threats. Joining HERO alongside the only human he truly trusts.
Relations:
Sentinel - former partner and teacher
Sister - killed during Tesla Trion’s Debut attack on tokyo
Scorpiod Race - sole surving member all others are believed to be deceased
Archenemies: Tesla Trion

*I know cold is technically an absence of heat but like please suspend your disbelief. How this would work is he would say get an ice cube and ‘absorb’ the cold reverting it to water and allowing him to release this ‘cold energy’ later*

Last edited:
The Neurotoxin guy? I love him. He's an incredible villain, and totally improved. Y'know, his gas could be perfect for taking down Phantom...
And for Warden, make it so that he can only redirect heat, cold and electricity and it's good.
He sorta needs to be able to absorb electricity for the trinity of himself, Sentinel and Tesla to work. How about he can absorb electricity but only redirect heat and cold