• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Alola World Festival [Discussion]

How should we battle?

• Pokemon Showdown

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Roleplay it out

Votes: 24 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-In the event that your partner does not respond, please still at least write a paragraph for filler detailing what happens. Something along the lines of. "It was a close battle, but (Name) had eventually beaten (Pokemon) and won.", etc. Make it something NOT open-ended, that would NOT require a reply by the other person. (Basically timeskip is what im asking you to do.)

TL;DR yes summarize it.

Well maybe I worded it wrong. Should we split up the battle into multiple posts, or just 1 wall of text, if the user has chosen not to participate in the roleplay at all (Rohan, VolcanoPhoenix, etc)? Though in hindsight, this is a pretty silly question with an obvious answer...I just wanted to make sure real quick.

1 wall of text. since those not participating have given permission to be auto'd, its only fair that you can also choose what 3 of their pokemon you battle against. write up at least a paragraph summarizing ans detailing the battle, but avoid dialogue as to not risk making their character ooc.

well. @EnderTheFox , it's been over 48 hours and although you responded to my ping here, you have yet to make an actual first post in the RP thread itself. although i can understand if you're busy and are having complications getting a post out, i DID specifically say in the introduction post here i wanted active and committed players. i don't want to sound rude, but at this point to smoothly continue the rp, i feel like it's better that we let @Pretty Pichu auto-win and disqualify you, sorry.

I just have one more question, though it's sort of not related to the battling, but is there any sort of prize for winning the tournament? Like a money reward? Free spa passes? Some sort of scholarship? I just want to know for plot reasons.

I'm sorry for taking my sweet time on my post- I'm back in school after a week off and it's hitting me hard. I'll have one up tomorrow.

although the tournament isn't exactly huge and officiated by any kind of league, and acts more like entertainment within the festival, there is a cash prize of about 50,000 PokeYen and a trophy, as well as being crowned King/Queen in front of a live audience. crown, cloak, etc. all that neat publicity stuff.

by the way: whoever makes the first post for their battle, or if youre auto-ing your opponent, feel free to RP as kukui for some lines, since hes the referee! he gets to introduce both trainers, say where theyre from/where theyre representing, and call out who wins. along with any entertaining ic comments you can think of!

theres also a large screen above the field displaying the two trainers' pokemon count, current score, profile/id picture, and health bar for the current pokemon that depleats respectively to actions taken in the battle.

feel free to take some creative liberties and use anything i mentioned here in your posts if you think itll be entertaining or help with detailing

classic Kukui

question: i figured that we could get through the entire first round of left side of battlers in an In-RP day, since by that time it'll probably be dusk/night, and then after the Ken/Gerald battle, let everyone de-stress and enjoy the nighttime festivities or go back to their rooms and sleep. after a timeskip, we could follow the same plan and do all the first round of right side battles in the next In-RP day. would that be alright for everyone? i dont wanna drag this on too long, but the festival is supposed to last an entire week and it's only Sunday afternoon in the rp, after all.

Sorry for being so slow with the rather short response. At least the battle won't take long, since that's already...half, maybe a third ways done?

Speaking of...
question: i figured that we could get through the entire first round of left side of battlers in an In-RP day, since by that time it'll probably be dusk/night, and then after the Ken/Gerald battle, let everyone de-stress and enjoy the nighttime festivities or go back to their rooms and sleep. after a timeskip, we could follow the same plan and do all the first round of right side battles in the next In-RP day. would that be alright for everyone? i dont wanna drag this on too long, but the festival is supposed to last an entire week and it's only Sunday afternoon in the rp, after all.
This sounds pretty good to me. Maybe I can actually introduce Kiran into the RP :p

well its been about 48 hours and no response from Daxter or Freshpangoro, soooo....

@Ninian feel free to move things along whenever you'd like. Gladion still gets an hour to prepare, but feel free to timeskip as much as you need to. since there's been 0 response or activity from your opponent, there would be no harm in auto-ing Daxter for the time being. Pretty Pichu made a very good example, so i'd use that as a sort of base for how to write out a battle where you get to control both sides.