• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join All Righty Folks, Here’s To Whitesnake High School! (Rp)

Daniel felt his face redden for a second, but he wouldn't let it. "Oh please, it was barely over 15 minutes, we had some item checks to do, right Samal?" He barely exaggerated the last bit so it would be obvious for the guy... He was kinda dense after all. "A-Anyway, yeah. It looks like it's gonna be a real interesting battle we've got on our hands..." He observed quietly, Celia giving him a suspicious glance, which he blissfully ignored.

Celia sipped her bubble clean away, and turned to Daniel and Samal. "Item Checks? So probably like, your Guitar?" She asked, referring to Daniel. "Yeah, that was one of the things..." He muttered, not realizing that wouldn't make sense to Val, seeing as she wasn't called down but owned an instrument too.

Doctor Helvita frowned. "I'm sorry Alexandria, but we can't let anyone access the dorms at this time, due to the fact that they're currently having their stuff moved into them, and are not ready as of yet..." She explained to her, and then heard the Principal yell out from the stadium.

"All right! The battle between Adrian Acula and Saphrax will begin! If one student is knocked into the grass outside the arena, calls uncle, or sustains major injuries on the spot, they are the loser! Bringing in illegal weaponry is against the rules, and any double-ringouts or knockouts will result in ties! Are we ready-!?" The crowd erupted into cheers. "I'll take that as a yes!!!"
"Three-!"
"Two-!!"
"One-!!!"
"BEGIN-!!!!!"

Adrian simply grinned and slowly walked towards Saphrax to get a bit of distance not for himself, but for Saphrax to get confident, for a brief moment he kept his hands as fists, the next second had him open his hands and a sudden clang of metal could be heard. His fingers suddenly grew a set of excessively long claws that seemed to be slightly longer than his fingers and dangerously sharp. A grin began to dress the Vampire's face as he crossed his arms to grind his claws against one another, the impact created a few sparks as well as a similar sound of metal against metal.

"I think you're mistaken, Doctor... I can be quite persuasive... and if not that, unnoticeable... like I've said, I don't matter much..."

Lexi looked back down to the ground, then began walking away. It wasn't that she didn't respect her, it's just she didn't care about fighting. She was there to hone her prowess with her powers, not to watch others be put through the wringer. If that happened to her, she'd give up on the spot, head back home.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
What? Val felt a slight sense of panic. They were moving the stuff already? My violin— No. It was probably fine; she’d put a FRAGILE sticker on the case and everything. Surely it wasn’t that big of a deal. But then, why did Daniel get called? Just to check his guitar? That’s strange... She shrugged it off. There was quite a fight getting ready to bust out. One of the vampires had grown long claws from his fingertips and was clashing them together with a sound like sharpening knives. She settled back in her seat to watch.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Leo picked up his head a bit to see two of his roommates standing in the arena. At first his thoughts were 'eh, it just a bunch of noobs', but with quick realization it wasn't, it changed to 'y'all better make this exciting'. Then he noticed everyone else filing out of where they were. He noticed Eryn walking away so he put his hand and waved at her. "Tryna come over here and keep me conpany?"

The claws did not phase Saphrax, as he was shown tricks like that a lot at his old school. He knew that most of the time other would use them on weaker vampires. With one swift movement, the cat ran forward, and leaped over Adrian. As he was behind him, Saphrax transformed into his panther form. He took a large swipe with his claws, right at the back of his opponent.

Daniel watched the two fighters exchange their first blows... Seems the two were avid claw users. If anyone bled during this, at least he'd be used to it... It's not like he hadn't burned his skin off several times during his first activations of the enhanced version of Pale Light... He shivered at the memory, quite obviously, causing Celia to lean back and sigh softly.

She didn't know what'd really happened back there, but due to Samal's body language and the way he was talking... It seemed like he wasn't being one hundred percent truthful... She gave the both of them suspicious glares. "I'm onto you two..." She muttered, turning back to the Vampire scuffle.

Doctor Helvita sighed. "Well, I just wouldn't recommend getting in the way of them setting things up in there. I mean, they're really just checking if they're clean and inserting the suitcases you brought, but still. As a teacher I cannot recommend you to break the rules." She said in a bit of a harsher tone. "If you do it, and you get in trouble, it's your choice... But don't think I won't be keeping an eye on you of you decide to break another rule under my dissonance."

Adrian watched as the cat charged towards him only to leap over, as Adrian tried to turn around, he heard the sound of what seemed like a larger animal who was about to attack him. Adrian quickly moved his hands so that his claws formed a type of shield, he knew it could only do so much as when the attack hit, the vampire was knocked back a few meters. After the attack was struck, Adrian decided to return the favor and charged forward, ready to strike at the large feline with his own claws. His attack seemed low as his target wasn't the face, but the front legs--or arms--of his opponent.

"Leo, I'm trying to watch the battle, currently have the best seat available," Eryn explained, "I'm not sure who to cheer for."

Eryn had moved from her seat to the edge of it, watching the battle intently.

------

Riley had noticed that Eryn moved to the edge of her seat, and the look of worry on her face.

"She's totally crushing on someone, but who?" Riley whispered.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
"Fine, I'll go to you then..." He mumbled as he got a seat closer to her. It wasn't that he wanted her attention but someone to talk someone. So he technically did want her attention but only because he knows her a little more than any of the other students. Not that he didn't want to get to know the other students, it just that he needs to know his roommates a little better. Currently this one was showing signs of trying to find a man even though it looked she was trying to focus on the battle.

"I mean, I think Pinkie (Saphrax) is gonna win so he gets my vote but then again Adrian could pull out wild card." Leo explained. Both the vampires on the battlefield, duking it out to see who's better. One more animalistic while the other is more of a typical vampire from the movies. It could really be anyone's game.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

(AAACH MY NOTIFS CUT OUT)

Val finished up what liquid remained in her water sphere before leaning forwards slightly. At the rate the battle was going, there was definitely going to be some blood. That is, if they ever made contact with each other. She wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but it seemed to her like it could be anyone’s game. There was the one who seemed to have a vast repertoire of feline morphs, whose fluid grace could give him the edge. Then there was the other, whose sheer agility and quick reflexes might push the other over the top.

While her conscious mind was observing battle tactics and picking apart strategies, her subconscious was puzzling over Daniel’s and Samal’s excuse for their absence. Samal definitely wasn’t acting the same; it was clear that he, at least, was hiding something. Daniel had also been unnaturally keen to change the subject from their absence. Of course, Val didn’t realize it as she was avidly focused on the battle, but these were the thoughts that were whirling back and forth at the very back of her mind.

The large panther knew that he would need to get away if he did not want to get sliced. It did not take long for Saphrax to form a plan. He transformed into himself, when Adrian was close, he jumped backwards as he bent his back, and sprung away with a back bend kick towards the other vampire, and put a bit of distance between them. That was when he spotted the weapon rack. It was filled with things that could be used to practice. What he chose was a light weight staff, and twirled it around with ease as he held the weapon.

Adrian simply gave an ear wide toothy grin to Saphrax, one that clearly showed his sharp fangs. As his opponent flourished his newly received weapon, Adrian responded with another grind of his claws against each other. "As much as I like knowing I'm not the only one of my kind here, there's not a chance in all Hell I'm gonna let myself be defeated in the first battle watched by so many people. No hard feelings if I do win... but no promises if otherwise..." Adrian said, his tone sounded semi cheery but delved closer to a sense of seriousness after each word. The vampire assumed his stance and charged forward with a burst of speed, before his attack landed on Saphrax, his own body suddenly turned in to a swarm of bats that circled around him, he reappeared right behind Saphrax and made one of his hands retract his claws in an attempt to deliver a hard punch on the back of his head.

Saphrax smiled as Adrian came at him like he did. It shows the way he wants to win, though one thing the guy did not count on, was the fact that Saphrax was a bit faster then most of his kind. With surprising speed, he whipped around, and grabbed ahold of the vamps arm. He then used the guys weight to try and toss him over his shoulder. "Don't count me out just yet roomie."

As Adrian's arm was grabbed, he was immediately flipped, but he turned his body in to bats the moment his body hit the ground and flew upward. The bats formed a sphere which soon dispersed to reveal Adrian's normal form who simply floated in the air and got out his claws once more. Adrian suddenly charged at Saphrax with speed like a bullet and attempted to deliver a hard slash wish his claws.

Daniel looked down at the two brawling vampires, taking a good look at their fighting styles. One seemed much more fluid in using each motion as both an attack and a defense, and the other seemed to have a very sleek style of switching between his animal forms, and back to "human" to attempt to catch the opponent off guard. He took careful mental notes, not even noticing the puzzlement swirling around in Val's expression. He was pure focus.

Celia yawned as she watched the battle, not nearly as analytically as Daniel was. She had her suspicions, but shrugged them off as "boys will be boys", she supposed. She wished she'd brought a bag, her skirt couldn't store shit... All she wanted right now was to have thought ahead and stashed some food... (E.)

"The match is getting heated up folks! Saphrax goes on the offensive but Adrian is just not having it! Who will win this seemingly stalemate battle?" Principal Adrianne yelled through the microphone, before remembering something. "Also, once this match is over, all you folks I'm the stands can go into the lobby, where we've set up a stand where you can grab one sandwich and one bag of chips each, just to ease your hunger pangs!"

With equal speed as his opponent, Saphrax waited until the last minute, and used the staff to basically spring himself over the flying vamp. He came down with a grace of a cat. In a moment, Saphrax became a small black cat, and flung himself at Adrian. In the air, Saphrax waited for a moment, and then became a large black bear. He still had the collar on, and his eyes were two different colors like all of his other animal form. If he had timed it right, Saphrax would have been able to bring his claw down into the other vamp.

=Nightshade=

Val whistled lowly as one of the vampires, the pink-haired one, transformed into a bear. A large bear. This was getting good. She shook out her wings a bit and leaned forwards in her seat, calculating angles and determining strategies, putting herself in the shoes of both vampires to try and see if she was the one called to fight, could she hold her own? She wasn’t sure, but she thought that she could at least put up a good fight. She clapped along with the rowdy, screaming, cheering crowd as the wheels in her head turned, and turned, and turned, until all she could hear was the spinning of her thoughts.

"Right now it's anyone's game, and trust me, there's more to either than we know." Eryn explained.

Eryn continued watching the fight intently, noticing how powerful both of them were. She hoped that this doesn't cause any tension between her roommates. She then saw Saphrax transform into a bear, causing her to look on worriedly.

Adrian watched the cat spring over him and turned around just in time to see a bear had taken it's place. Adrian was a lot more used to fighting people, but animals with great intelligence was another thing entirely. Nevertheless, the Vampire quickly raised his claws to block the bear's attacks, although the force managed to knock him back several feet, Adrain managed to maintain balance and used his claws to stop himself from getting any further, as he did, the ground now had large scratch marks while the Vampire emitted a monstrous growl, humans likely found this growl intimidating, but it seemed common to other Vampires as a sign of anger.

Adrian roared and charged towards his opponent, but rather than go around, through or above, Adrian quickly slid in an attempt to deliver a powerful sweep kick, despite the fact his opponent was a bear and likely had the weight of one, Adrian likely had enough strength to tip the bear over, but one hand prepared a hard claw slash just in case.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
"It's mostly just them slashing at each other with no success," Shiro mumbled to no one in particular. "But it looks like the animal transformations give more versatility, so right now it looks like he'll win." Shiro liked viewing every last detail of a battle, and while he never bet, he was pretty good at guessing winners. "Also, the transforming vampire seems to have control of the situation even in his normal form. Of course, his opponent isn't much of a slouch, but he'd have to pull something amazing out to give him an edge." As the normal-looking vampire went for a sweep kick, Shiro thought, The worst place to be when fighting a bear is where it can use it's weight against you. Let's see if you can pull this off. He put his full attention back on the fight.

Saphrax as a bear, just smiled at this trick. He had fallen for it before when he had does this to other vamps, so with ease, basically took to the ground, and literally bear hugged the other vampire, and rolled on top of Adrian, to try and pin him to the ground. Though he did transform into himself as he tried to get the upper hand, as Adrian had a bit of leverage with his bulk as a bear. As his normal self, he could maneuver easier in and out of holds.

Watching the battle, Daniel was getting increasingly sure that Adrian could only end this by forcing a tie by taking them both out... His eyebrows twitched at the sudden transformation and pinning of Adrian, gripping the armrests next to his... Which just so happened to have Val's and Celia's wrists on them. "It's getting close but... This seems like it... But there's also... Agh! I'm not sure who to route for!" He stammered aloud, his thoughts jumbled as he flusteredly couldn't decide which of the vampires he wanted to win.

Celia felt her wrist be lightly gripped by Daniel, and she didn't really care. I mean, Daniel wasn't the most... Apt at realizing when he was doing something usually considered out of personal boundaries, but it's not like she cared. 'I mean at least his grip isn't like, uber-strong like dad's...' She thought, smirking to herself, not bothering to make him release his gentle grip.

"And it seems the two have reached another standstill, with Saphrax transforming out of Bear Form to deliver a powerful pin to Adrian! Will this be Adrian's end in this battle, or will he somehow bounce back!?" Principal Adrianne yelled into the microphone, causing some of the students to chant out the name of who they wanted to win. Daniel, being Daniel, simply stammered between the two names.

Adrian widened his eyes briefly as he felt himself get pinned down, luckily for him he had a maneuver to help him in situations like this. "If you're gonna tell me to give up and accept defeat, you're wrong!" Adrian said before his body suddenly turned in to a form of bats that began to attack Saphrax like a swarm of agitated bees. He waited for the right moment for Saphrax to lower his guard and transformed back to deliver a powerful uppercut.

Chris sat on the floor of the waiting area whistling a tune softly as to put him in a calm mood for his fight. He meditated silently to get everything at ease. Fighting requires concentration and precision. He breathed in and out slowly and quietly and listened to sounds of the crowd and the fighting going on passed the entrance to the fighting area of the arena.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Everyone was very focused on the match, and Samal was no exception. Although his mood dimmed a bit when he saw how fluidly the Vampire transformed.
He doesn't troubled in the least, and his clothing is still intact too. Heck, he can even transform into a bear and panther. The best I got is a wolf...
Whoever that vampire was, he was putting his powers to shame.
Samal leaned back in his chair and sighed, a little depressed and a lot more nervous about his match.

Saphrax just smiled as he was attacked by the swarm of bats. He took a little help from a gift he had stolen awhile back, as a grey mist began to form around him. Which caused Saphrax to turn into mist, and relocate on the other edge of the arena. Though it did leave him with a bit of a headache after the fact of using that power. It could also be said that he was hit with the upper cut by the other vamp as well. With the grace of a cat, Saphrax became a very large black eagle, and took to the air. He flew up high to get out of sight, and then nose dived on his opponent. He hoped to pick him up to carry him into the air, as he wanted to take the fighting mid air.

Adrian watched as his opponent took on the form of a large bird that attempted to pick him up, but Adrian simply used his own flight to dash out of the way and chase after the creature Saphrax took the form of. When he was close enough, he tried to grab Saphrax by the throat and slam him in to the ground, his other hand went to grab his wing and keep him from flying, he knew Saphrax could likely change back and attack Adrian, but Adrian didn't care, as long as he won, that's all that mattered.

Saphrax in this form was a bit more agile then his human form, as such, he was able to turn a sharp corner out of the reach of Adrian. With a swift movement, Saphrax spun around, and transformed into himself. He then preceded to latch onto the other vamp with striking speed, though that did not stop him from being grabbed by the throat. It would have harmed him if he was human, but as a vampire, the need for air was much lower, so with a twist of his body, Saphrax, turned them both around. Which led them both to perpendicular to the ground. With the two suspended by air, Saphrax transformed into something that he had only done once before. He hoped it goes better then it did last time he tried this form. What appeared was a large black wingless dragon. He hoped the weight would be enough to get them onto the ground.

Adrian growled a monstrous growl as he kept a tight grip on Saphrax as he took on the form of a... dragon?! The vampire put more effort in to his strength to move the dragon so it was the one who would hit the ground first, he utilized his flight to help with his plan, unaware the it directed both of them closer to the edge of the field. With Adrian's flight, the pair began to head towards the ground faster than both had predicted and caused both to hit the ground hard enough to create a large dust cloud... as the dust settled, Adrian slowly got up with Saphrax next to him, because of the dust cloud it was hard to tell the state his foe was in, but all Adrian knew is that his fight wasn't over... until it was clear that both he and Saphrax appeared out of bounds which caused him to simply blink in surprise.

The dragon had sorely miscalculated, as it was precariously hovering right above the grass in the out of bounds zone, before body slamming them both right onto it. Adrianne put a hand to her chin and thought for a moment, looking at the battlefield, and seeing the dust clear, they were both on the ground. She didn't wanna be unfair, so she may as well...

"Aaaand it is a draw, folks! Adrian gets bodyslammed midair by the powerful Spahtax's unexpected Dragon Form!, and now we cannot call who impacted first! Because of that, this is, indeed, a draw! Amazing job to both parties in this match, congrats on the amazing spectacle." She yelled out through the speaker.

Daniel, seeing the conclusion, sat back, and sighed. "Whoa... A tie, that's not what I was expecting... Well... I guess two vampires would make for equal ground, so I guess it makes sense..." He said, and then noticed he was lightly holding the girls' wrists. He blinked, let go, and looked down. "...sorry..." He mumbled, not even knowing if they noticed or not, his face beet red in color.

Celia looked at the stage with awe at the formation of the fat dragon, which absolutely barreled toward the ground... Luckily they were okay, but she really did expect one of them to have broken their bones, which was nothing short of a miracle... But did vampires even break bones? She felt Daniel's hand release from her wrist, and heard him bumble his apology. She decided to just shrug it off and pretend she didn't notice.

=Nightshade=

Val grinned. "Nice. That was sick. Wonder who's--" She cut herself off as her thought-wheels began spinning. Noticing that Daniel had freaked about holding their wrists, she decided to use that as her excuse for why she broke off awkwardly. She bopped him playfully with a wing-tip, grinning, before tucking said wing back into place. In reality, she'd cut off because her thoughts were whirling at a million miles an hour. Weren't both Saphrax and Adrian called in? There were several more than eight people who got called, though. Could be it's just a coincidence... no way. That's too lucky. What if... nah, that's ridiculous. Her eyebrows drew together as she contemplated much too hard than simple facts were meant to be contemplated. She shook her head, dismissing the thoughts, and waited for the next match.

Adrian raised an eyebrow. "A tie? Really?" The vampire had mixed feelings about this outcome, although he may not have won, he was definitely glad he didn't lose... or at least took his opponent down with him to deny them the satisfactory of victory, so he simply responded with a shrug and turned to his opponent to offer his hand and help him up.

"Not a bad lil' showcase, the audience certainly seems entertained." Adrian said in hope that the situation would be lightened a bit. "Had I used that power within the fight, things would have certainly gone in my favor for the better... or worse. I guess I was right to not use it." Adrian thought to himself and almost zoned out.

“Now, our contestants should step off the stage to make way for round 2, starting in about 10 minutes from now! In the meantime, head into the lobby to get a complimentary water bottle, hot dog, and chip bag, because we all know you’re hungry!” Principal Adrianne said, and looked out at the two Vamps. ‘Those two sure were strong... they’ll make great heroes if they choose that path...’ she thought stoically.

Daniel heard the announcement about there being food that’s available, as a bunch of the students began to get up and head to the lobby in a swarm. “Erm... so...” he stood up and pointed to the exit of the stands. “Imma go get some food...” he swiveled that same finger back to his squad. “If y’all wanna come with, maybe?” He muttered a bit.

Celia shrugged at this, and smiled. “Nah, I ain’t hungry. I’ll just wait here. Besides, If I need water I can literally gather it from like, anywhere in the city.” She grinned, spinning a bit of water around her finger before flicking it in Daniel’s face, before swiftly dispersing it. “...rad...” Daniel said. He was annoyed, but at least she didn’t keep him wet.

Chris watched the match intently and noticed it had ended in a tie. He heard Principal Adrianne telling the other students that there were food and water. He began stretching as his match was in less than 10 minutes. His mind wandered as he did so to who his opponent might be. He didn't know any of the opponent's powers. He only really knew Constantine a small bit. He hoped that he did not get Constantine as to not further the obvious annoyance he had for Chris. If he had to fight Constantine he would most likely try his best to make it a well-fought and honorable battle, while still having Constantine not get too hurt.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
When the match was finished, Shiro was left full of disappointment. A tie? What an underwhelming outcome. He got up to seek out the concessions, and maybe talk with some fellow classmates, seeing as how they'd be together for a year. He got his food and hung around the stand for a while, since he had time to spare. His hot dog didn't have any condiments on it, he wasn't the least bit picky. He took small sips of water while in between bites, to wash it down and to help it digest. His eating style might be too technical, but Shiro wanted every last edge in case something happened.