• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join All Righty Folks, Here’s To Whitesnake High School! (Rp)

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Val turned a delicate shade of pink as her thoughts about Daniel were confirmed. To distract herself from her embarrassment, she began to preen and straighten her ruffled feathers. She glanced back at the arena floor; the matches should be starting soon, she thought. She tucked her wing back behind her and furiously tried to rub the blush from her cheeks.

Celia pat Val on the back and smiled, giving her a smile. She didn't really want to say anything else, if Val wanted to talk she would... cluttering things with words like she usually did would kinda be a bad thing to do in this situation. She fixed her hair, looking to the field as well, beginning to gather water around her finger again. She supposed asking her a question couldn't hurt. "You want some water?" She asked softly.

Daniel sighed and threw his head back. "Being me is so... Confusing. I'm aware if my own problems and I work hard to fix them... But I stop myself every time... I just want to be able to talk to people like Val without going into complete paralysis... But I can't..." He said softly, his red face peering up at the ceiling. "What're you gonna do with yourself..."

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Samal stood quietly, trying to figure out the right words to cheer Daniel. Inspirational wordplay, or wordplay in general, really was not his forte.
Welp, here goes...
"
Um, not give up?" he answered Daniels personal question. "Honestly, to me, you're doing great." He held up three fingers "You speak intelligently, albeit oddly. "You talk in a friendly fashion, and you compliment her. Honestly I'm sure the both of you will get along. Not just because you can speak, but you have a lot in common from what I see. Everyone has their own problems, including me. At least you're smart enough to try to fix it. You're doing great man. I'm sure you'll accomplish that-er-goal of yours eventually. Celia be here to help you talk better. and I'll be here to slap you across the face if you think about giving up again."
Wow. Maybe he had it him after all.

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
(Sorry I’m late bois. Schools got me in a bad spot rn)

Takoda overheard the principal speaking as he looked over at his group, “So I guess we have to go to the arena now. Is everyone ready to go? I’m guessing we all are so let’s go already so we won’t be late.” After saying that, he humbly declined Ace’s offer of help. “Sorry, but I’m gonna have to say no to that. I already have my way of traveling. Plus, I feel like it might be faster. Buuut.... I might have an idea for the board’s use.” He got on one of the boards, with C-Moon doing the same.

“Let’s get goin, Takoda. I don’t wanna miss a single bit of what’s goin on over there.” Crescent smiled as she tried to balance herself on the board.

“Alright alright. Make sure you hang on tight, because this might go really fast.”

They both got ready as they pushed forward.

Then, Takoda started to mumble something under his breath. “Above the Clouds...” small but strong winds started to whip up and pushed the boards to make them gain more speed. And after a short amount of time, they managed to almost make it to the arena on time. But as soon as they were about to enter the arena, they overheard what the principal and Professor Richard said, which made Crescent walk off in another direction.

“I’ll see ya later, Takoda. Looks like I’ve been called.” She waved as she got farther and farther away and into the building.

“See ya! I’ll be in the stands if you wanna find me!” He walked into the arena and sat down in the stands.

It took a bit, but C-Moon managed to find the briefing room she was told to go to. She opened the door and poked her head inside. She smiled, “Hi! I hope I’m not too late.”

Daniel felt a smile stretch across his face, and his blush decrease go only just his cheeks. "Samal... You're... A pretty cool guy... Thanks... A lot for everything, even though it's only been 3 hours, you've already done a lot for me... So thanks a million..." He said, and then turned to Crescent entering the room. He gave her an embarrassed wave, making a nervous- "H-Heya..." In her direction. This would confirm to Samal that it was indeed all girls.

Professor Richard stopped humming. "I can assume that kid's one of our Vampire students so I'm gonna assume we have everyone here! All eight! Now I know we said that we'd pre determined the stuff, but it's tradition that we pick them randomly during the event, just to surprise people! Now if you all are all right with it, we'd like you to be our fighters for today!" He said, causing Daniel to silently freak out, out of joy feather than fear.

"You all will get a number 1-4, two of each number in total. You will be spilt into two groups and each will get a number. You may share this, but this is the order you'll battle in. One first, et-cetera. You must not share this with the opposite group, as they will be your possible opponents. So will Daniel, Samal, Saphrax, and Constantine get on one side, while Eryn, Adrian, Chris, and Crescent get on the other so I may distribute the numbers?" He said, and Daniel stood, moving himself to one side of the room.

(If anyone's confused I'll probably write up a diagram, ask me for it if you are.)

"I don't mind at all Professor," Chris thought to himself. The teen nodded in recognition that he understood and went to one side and awaited the others to either come to him or go on the other side. He wanted to make this quick. Whoever he was fighting would have to bring a good one. He could care less who it was and if he lost he was going out swinging.

=Nightshade=

“Um, sure, actually,” Val said in response to Celia, the redness finally retreating from her face. “Thank you.” Water would be great, she thought silently. Almost as good as popcorn. Like a movie snack. She smiled slightly, amused by her ridiculous analogy, and immediately began to point out to herself why water was not in any way like popcorn. One: water, liquid. Popcorn, solid. Two: popcorn, salty. Water, not salty. Or at least, if it was, I wouldn’t drink it. Three: Celia can make water. Not popcorn. And so on. Val shifted anxiously in her seat. What was taking the boys so long? At this rate, they were going to miss the matches.

(OOC: because she is literally clueless at this point. Obviously.)

"N-No, Doctor, I'm fine... I'll be alright. You have much more important things to take care of, don't worry yourself over one little girl. I'll be up and on my way in no time... you just get back to work."
Lexi gave a light smile, then got up and brushed the dust off of her clothes. Somehow, she wasn't concerned at all by what just occurred.

"You just be careful with those! There's some pretty pricey tech on those! Alright then... get on one, bud, not much time left. I'll most likely be back in say... 15 minutes with my first haul? Just... if you're taking the back board, be careful on the back end of it. It has a built in jet booster, and it's unsettling the first time it's used."
As a bit of a demonstration, he held up the board and pressed on a small part on the board, and the booster flared up, then he quickly pressed it again to make it stop.

@The Alright Attorney

Adrian nodded. "Yeah, yeah." He said unconvincingly before he looked at the cat. "Oh, that's just Saphrax, one of his abilities." He said before he looked up to listen to Richard and nodded as he was told to go to one side. "Two teams huh? Wait... fighters?!" He said as he moved to the same area where Chris was and gave him a nod. "God, if I lose even once..."

Last edited:
“Oh, we’re fighting...? Well at least my powers good for that, and I’ve got the advantage in that no one knows what mine is...” He thought to himself as he stood up and walked to the side of the room he was told to. “Though my stamina will be a problem if my opponent can drag the fight along...” He thought as he began to think up possible strategies against the students powers, at least the ones he’d seen.

Riley followed Isabelle to get a good seat. He was a bit sad about her comment about the cards but didn't know how to respond "It's my mum's" Henry muttered as quietly as possible. He kept walking though. "This is so weird at my old school it had like 229 kids but this school has it's own arena." Henry thought a bit overwhelmed by his surroundings. When he entered the stadium and heard the news he turned to his group. "It's a bit strange that there making us fight each other were not caged animals." Henry said out loud. "Do you know if your sister had a choice in fighting in the exhibition?" Henry asked Riley interested."And your sister should be fine if anything gets bad the teachers will intervene." Henry reassured Riley His mind wen't back to her being surprised that people wanted to work with her. "Riley don't worry everyone will probably want to work with you your powers amazing same to you Isabelle together you could be like. super secret agents." Henry told his group grinning at how cool he thought that would be putting up two thumbs up.

Eryn went over with Chris and Adrian, facing a young boy who seemed to be thinking (Constantine).

------

"I'm not sure, this might be something they planned since it's the beginning of the year, but besides, my last school was a normal school, and my powers caused an incident." Riley explained, "I am a bit calmer now thanks to both of you and the fact that Eryn's here too."

Riley breathed deeply in an attempt to further calm herself down.

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
Fighters..... for today? What does he mean by that...? Crescent thought to herself about what the professor said. Until something clicked in her head. Fighters! We’re participating in an 8-person tournament! ......Maybe..... Sweet! It was basically obvious at this point, but she realized what he meant. She walked over to where Chris and Adrian were. She began to think more, Either an 8-person tournament, or a 4v4 fight. Either way, I think my power might be a little bit too dangerous to everyone.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Samal grinned "It's fine man. I'm here to help. Oddball squad and all that. I don't like seeing my friends sad so-hold up did I just hear we're fighting?!" Immediately all positivity seemed to vaporize completely. "Oh, geez that's rough. Guess I'll be participating in a fighting tournament.... I guess...." he got up and went over to his side.

Daniel was a bit more visibly exited than pretty much everyone else at the prospect of being in the battles, and he was grinning like crazy. "C'mon Samal, I'm sure you'll do great! Your Animalistic Powers are really really useful!" He said, grinning widely. He saw the 4 he was possibly going to be facing... They all looked strong... And two girls, just perfect... That kinda put a damper on his mood.

"All right, so once you all are on one side or the other, I'll tell you how this will go. So everyone on both sides will get a number 1-4. This not only dictates who you'll be fighting, but when. The 1's go first, and the 4's go last. You will only possibly fight the people on the other side, so it's okay to show the people on your side what number you got. But try to keep it a secret until the match!" Professor Richard explained, holding up two stacks of cards.

Celia handed Val a small bubbled of water that floated just above her hands by the will of Celia, and plucked a straw from her pocket, sticking it in the bubble. "There you are!" She said, smiling a little.

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
"Oh they're useful. If you wanna rip someone's throat out without your consent. I mean, I can hold back, but then it becomes difficult to win and then I start getting angry and then... Forget it. Positivity, positivity,positivity. This is going to be an awesome experience self." he slapped his cheeks with both hands, then smiled with returned positivity, "If I lose my mind, feel free to laser some sense into me." he joked.

=Nightshade=

“Thanks.” Val drew the water bubble closer and took the draw in her mouth. The water had a rejuvenating effect, and she felt herself relax a bit more. Her mind wandered, and she slouched into her seat. This place was going to get crazy soon, what with teenagers being asked to fight each other, and she figured she’d better get comfortable while she could.

“Ahh, I’m sure you’ll be great. They did say they’d separate you two if things got too dangerous, but if need be I’ll make some whips and restrain you...” he smiled, and shrugged. “It won’t be necessary, trust me...” he repeated, and looked up at the ceiling. “I wonder what Val will think of me fighting..?” He pondered softly.

Celia smiled as she gathered her own sphere and began to slowly slurp it. “Mmm... I think they’ll make it... if they don’t it’s only gonna be the start hopefully... it’s only been fifteen minutes...” she told Val, slurping down her sphere.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
"Depends on how you fight." Samal responded, "With your power, you could do pretty awesome things. Try improvising."
Samal grinned "Y'know, I don't think the girls know we're going to fight. It's going be pretty funny when they see us on the battlefield. I can't wait to see the look on their faces, they'll be so shocked. And I'm sure those two will be even more shocked when they see you out there, kicking ass." he elbowed Daniel in a friendly way.

Eryn had watched Samal and Daniel talk to each other as she waited for further information. She took in the information, waiting for further instructions.

"I'm worried that I have to face either the boy who was thinking, or those two." Eryn whispered to Adrian, "Saphrax is the least of my worries."

------

Riley had been worried about Eryn For the last bit since she disappeared, and whispered to Henry, "I'm worried about my twin, she can get really hard to control with certain aspects of her powers."

The professor gave a satisfied nod, and walked up to Daniel's group. "This card matches up with the card of someone on the other side of the room. That is your matchup, but you will not know until the battle begins. It's also the time you'll fight, #1 going first. I think you all understand so..." He handed out the cards to each of the 4. "Do not reveal this to anyone on the other side of the room, got me?"

Daniel- #3. Saphrax- #1. Constantine- #2. Samal- #4.

He then turned and stepped up to to Crescent's Group and repeated the same thing, handing out the cards to each of those students.

Eryn- #4. Crescent- #3. Adrian- #1. Chris- #2.

"Your cards have been given. Those of you going up first, head immediately to the gates on either side. I may ask that all in their group follow them until they reach the point where the stands separate from the match gates, so the people facing each other will not be able to see their opponent. Got me on this?" He asked both groups, leading to Daniel nodding.

"I dunno how much ass I'm gonna kick- (holy crap Daniel just SWORE-) -but I'll try and kick as much as I can..!" He said to Samal, giving him a wide grin. 'I wonder who my opponent will be... Hopefully not a girl but... If it was, I suppose that's just karma... All four look real tough... Will I be able to match up..?' He felt himself ponder, before signing. "It is what it is." He said aloud.

Celia looked at the time... The Principal stepped up to the announcer's podium and seemed ready to start the match... Maybe Samal and Daniel would be late... She'd worry if they were, it wouldn't be too nice if they'd miss some of the stuff that was planned to get everyone exited. "Y'know... I think you might be right... I hope they don't miss it..."

(Okay @EmoKitty21 and @Red Gallade I hope you guys are ready for a very reaction and response-heavy part of this. Try not to make it too terribly long, but just go for what seems effective)

Chris followed the orders of the professor hoping for a good fight. He didn't know any powers of the other students at all. He was just determined to win and hoping for a good fight. He knew almost anyone in here had a reason to have disdain towards him. His actions probably cost him many friendships or acquaintances because of his cocky, loud, and overconfident entrance.

=Nightshade=

“I don’t know,” Val said nervously. “It looks like they’re starting soon. It’d be a” — she lapsed into a British accent for a few words — “right bloody shame if they were late. This thing is supposed to boost our group morale. How is that supposed to happen if we don’t have our whole group?” She shrugged one shoulder. “Oh, well.” She held up her water sphere as if making a toast. “Here’s hoping they make it on time.”

Eryn noticed that she was in the last match, and turned to Adrian, noticing a card with a '1' on it.

"You ready?" Eryn asked, with a hint of worry present, "Any ideas on your opponent?"

Eryn was fidgeting a little, and still a bit nervous. 'Get these thoughts on how cute he is out of your head, Eryn, and Focus on the task at hand, identifying your opponent.'

Adrian looked at his #1 card and simply sighed. "Fighting already...?" He said before he looked at Eryn with a semi worried look. "Doubt it, but all I know is I'm never one to accept defeat. I just want to make sure I can make my family proud and always be a winner; Either compete and win, or don't compete at all." Adrian said with a clearly serious look on his face. "After all, if this is how I'm gonna start at this school, I'm starting it off with a bang." He said as a smile grew on his face along with a hint of confidence.

He gave Eryn a friendly wave as he began to make his way to one of the exits and head down towards the match gate. The vampire patiently waited to be let in and see who he had to fight, in the back of his mind he was still nervous about this fight, mainly because he didn't want his first fight to leave him in such a humiliating defeat.

Everything should be fine, Like what's the worst that can happen she destroys the whole school killing tons of innocent children and pro heroes." Henry tried to reassure but just making it sound worse. "What's her power it can't be that strong, right?" Henry asked Riley looking at her skeptically. "The school wouldn't allow someone who posed a threat to peoples life's." Henry once again reassured Riley relaxing. "Jeez when is the fighting going to start, when can we start classes." Henry whined not really being all that interested in any of the fighting.

"It's only her Ultimate Ability, and it really shouldn't activate, hopefully." Riley explained, "She's got a power Similar to that of three pro heroes in the top fifty, but she's isn't nearly as trained, as it takes something very specific to control her Ultimate ability."

------

"Good to see you have some confidence, now go get them." Eryn responded, "I'll be cheering you on as much as I can."

Eryn didn't know why she said that, but it sounded right.

Isabella was surprised that Riley's sister could be that powerful. She knew better than to disrespect someone that could be a big threat. Now she also knew that she should probably be kind to Riley. Though that was highly unlikely to happen. For the most part, Isabella just ignored the rest of the conversation. She remembered what they were waiting for and sighed. Either way, she couldn't stand waiting. "Do any of you know when this ends? I'd rather be the one fighting than have to watch this." Isabella was lying, and didn't want to hear their voices reply. She didn't want to have to talk to them. She didn't want to be in a group at all. She wanted the entire day to end quickly, so she could go home and not have to listen to anyone else.

Saphrax-
Saphrax did not say anything as he walked. Well to be frank, he couldn't if he tried. He was still a cat as he walked. He had the card with his number on it, in his mouth as he walked. It seemed that Saphrax was really enjoying the time as a cat.

The cat made his way to where his group was. He pretty much led the line, as his number was first. Saphrax had a ere about him, that seemed to show off his confidence in his fighting.

Daniel parted with the Cat, seeing as how he believed it to be going first. "Come on Samal! We're gonna miss his fight!" He said, and ran up, returning to Val and Celia, smiling like a kid in a candy store where everything was free and also everything was only his favorites and this is a really bad analogy.

Celia rolled her eyes. "Took you long enough! The fight's just about to start!" She said, as Daniel plopped down between her and Val. Daniel simply smiled. "I knew we went gonna miss it..." He said a but too knowingly, and gave Samal a look like- 'Don't you dare ruin the motherfuckin' surprise-' before turning back to the battlefield.

"Sorry for the wait, folks! It's time for the first match to begin!!! We've got a great matchup today! A brawl of the bats! A combat of the cats! A versus of Vampires!!! Iiiiiit's, Adrian Acula versus Saphrax -no last name included-!!!!" The principal yelled after getting the match ups from the professor, making up the puns on the spot. At this point, the combatants were supposed to step into the ring on either side.

Doctor Helvita gave a worried glance at her, before sighing. "Okay... Do you need assistance making it to the battle ring? I could escort you there if you wish, the battles have just begun, and I know neither of us wanna miss them-!" She said happily, ready to support the post-fainted girl there. "And what might your name be, miss?"

=Nightshade=

"Ooh, vampires," Val said, interested. "I wonder what powers they've got?" She'd noticed that one of the vampires' last names was two letters off from Dracula, and smothered a laugh. "Wow, the principal sure is getting into the groove of alliterative excesses. Nice." She glanced sideways at Daniel, then Samal. "You sure took your sweet time." She took another long draught from her water globe. "They're about to start."

Adrian let out a sigh as he and Saphrax were introduced, he slowly stepped through the entrance and on to the battlefield, he looked up to see the many students who spectated him and decided to give them something to look forward to, so the vampire shot the crowd a smile and opened his arms out. But the thought of losing in front of such a crowd crossed him mind, he didn't want to be humiliated in front of such a crowd and he knew that the man he was up against was a fellow vampire, so he either had the exact same tricks as him or completely different ones. "I can't expect him to have the same tricks as me, I mean, he can transform in to a cat, who knows what other forms he can take? All I can do is change in to a bat, many bats or... no... definitely not that." Adrian thought to himself as his blood red eyes simply scanned his opponent.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Samal walked without energy behind Daniel, looking exhausted despite doing literally nothing. "To be honest, we really can't miss the fights since we're-" he cut of when he saw Daniel's knowing look. He did a fake cough, and continued "anyway, this should be interesting. A vampire vs vampire matchup." he said as he sat.

Saphrax raised a cat eyebrow as his name was introduced. It was correct that no one knew of his last name. That is the way he wanted it to stay. He hated the way his name brought his kind into some whimpering mess. With a prancing like motion, Saphrax came out onto the field, and transformed into a panther and roared at the crowed, before going back into the cat form, as it was his favorite. He looked so innocent as he turned to his roommate, and gave him a soft smirk. One that could be seen in his cat form.

Eryn walked back to the stands and sat down towards the front, since her Roommates were battling it out. She sat down, waiting for the match to start, not sure who to cheer for.

------

Riley noticed Eryn walk out towards the front of the stands.

"There she is," Riley told Henry and Isabella, "Adrian and Saphrax, they're Eryn's roommates."

She then watched as the two walked into the stadium.