• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join All Righty Folks, Here’s To Whitesnake High School! (Rp)

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Val laughed, pivoting in the air to avoid hitting her friends with her massive wings. "Your power is epic," she said. Down below, she could see a dorm group using a staircase made of light to avoid the crowd. She whistled. "There are a lot of cool powers here. Kinda scary, to be frank. I feel kind of bad for the teachers; normal highschoolers are rowdy enough, but they have to add superpowers to the mix!" She turned her head from side to side to get her bearings. "It's that way, right?"

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Samal was surprised at Celia's excitement to show how they "fly", but was impressed about how she did it. He turned to Daniel with a confused expression on his face. "So everyone in my group can fly, but the dude, me, with the ability to grow wings can't. Isn't that hilarious." he said. "So what do you do?"

Last edited:
"Well..." He allowed Samel to mount onto his back (a bit of G-Modding if you're all right with that). "If it gets too hot, tell me, I'll let you down..." He too, a deep breath, and then, his feet were surrounded in pale light, mole you explode with extreme force, propelling the two into the air. From all 8 of his main fingers, once they reached the same altitude as the girls, he shot out a beam of light from each finger, which gripped onto the ground and suspended them like tough steel whips. "H-here we go..." His fingers were smoking, as well as his feet. His body was extremely warm as well.

Celia smiled. "Well, I think your power is cool! Having wings must be so awesome, at least you can fly easier than us... Besides, we aren't even flying, we're just suspending ourselves with our powers..!" She explained, as Daniel kept the grip at level by flexing his fingers. "Y-Yeah, your flying's more absolute... And besides, having the wing motif is a good thing, wings look so good on people, you know?" Daniel added, beginning to feel his hands begin to sweat. 'Great, you complimented her again, now Samel's gonna get on your case again...'

=Nightshade=

People? Val thought, smiling internally. A badly disguised compliment. “Thanks.” She spilled air from her wings and began to coast slowly towards the training field. “Now let’s get going— we don’t want to be the last ones there! That would be embarrassing. Plus, if we want any decent view at all, we should be in the front. Or at least me; I’m short,” she added, joking. “Somehow I don’t think the teachers want a winged girl hovering over their heads while they do whatever it is they’re going to do.”

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Samal smiled "Thanks guys. Still, having wings and not using them correctly isn't very impressive, not mention my power in general has a lot of inconveniences." he immediately remember the itchy fur in his clothes, and groaned inwardly. He appreciated the warmth, though. He wished he had Daniel's power, he would never be cold again.
Ah well, speaking of Daniel "Oh, and nice compliment, she'll probably notice that." he whispered" Thanks for the lift, but I don't want to bother you. I'll just go....my way" he jumped off Daniel's back, his arms and legs becoming wolf form once again. He landed and ran on all fours without a misstep. "Who needs flying when you can run at 37 miles per hour." he boasted, before lowering his head in mock shame "Now that I said it, it doesn't sound all that great...." he sighed.

Daniel blinked as he hopped off his back and landed easily... if he’d fallen from that height he probably could’ve stopped himself with a quick burst of light but if not... he shivered a bit, despite being around 7 degrees hotter than he should normally be.

Daniel began to follow Val by quickly releasing and then grabbing objects with his light whips, pulling himself forward one stroke after another. “...no worries...” he said softly to her, his fingertips now enthralled in constant smoke. He coughed a bit and blew it away with his mouth.

Celia had much more fluid movement forward, merely coasting her water pillars forward like a wave, churning her water in a cycle and anything that went into the concrete was recycled back into her wave... “Mmm... well, yeah, I think there are bleachers in there, so if anything we’d be there, so I think you’ll be all right. Or you could like, Stand on
One of us if it’s really an issue...” she joked sarcastically, Daniel concealing laughter under his breath.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
"Nice to meet you Adrain, I'm a famous artist, Leonardo Decaprio but you can just me Leo." He said as he winked at Eyrn. He came to a halt right in front of his group to get a good look at them.

Everyone seemed to have their own thing going for them. Eryn, by the way she was built, looked like a t-h-o-t. She also spoke with quite the flirtatious tone which led one to believe she might actually be a t-h-o-t. Adrian had very pale skin and looked like an evolved emo kid from middle school at first glance but exchanging a few words gave Leo hope that not all people who dress in black are emo. Lastly there was the who hasn't spoken yet. The guy made Leo's gaydar go off with the choker, pink hair, and pink eyes but looks can be deceiving. Just as he finished judging everyone in his dorm the principal went up to the microphone.

"Helloooo again! I know this doesn't account for everyone, but time's of the essence today! Everyone approved to leave and in their groups may head, with their group in tow of course, outside to the West Court Training Arena, a red and grey building directly across the parking lot from the door, you can't miss it!"

"Well you heard her guys, we can't let the other groups leave us behind." He said as he started walking away.

"I can knock out all light sources, barring the sun, for about a minute at time, I have to be very careful, since overuse can cause vision problems." Riley explained, "I also have a Twin Sister in the school, Eryn, she's a Wielder of the Dragon's Spirit."

The lights in the room suddenly went out, as if all the light was drained from them. Riley was fine, since this is her family's normal power.

--------

Eryn nodded, and looked to Adrian, then looked back at Leo, asking, "What's your power, I am a wielder of the Dragon's Spirit."

Eryn grew the wings, claws and tail, grunting in pain a little. They all had black scales on them, as she was the Wielder of the Black Dragon's Spirit.

Willow-
Willow was saddened to think that she had hurt the boy's feelings. As they walked, she put her hand on his shoulder. "You know not everyone is perfect. It is ok to make mistakes. Just don't let one that you made, get under skin. It only takes you one mistake to become the better verson of yourself. Not everyone would be hurt by scaring someone else. Come one cheer up."

Kitty-
Kitty did not really speak, she just stood up, and worked on the device. She had it almost finished, so she worked while she walked. It seemed that she was aware of her surroundings, but moved without looking up much. In that short walk, she finished said device and handed the tools to Rex. She slipped the device into her bag, and made her way to the training ground.

Saphrax-
Once again, Saphrax took his time. He was examining the new guy who appeared. He was not really moved by the guy. It seemed that he was judging them. Which was something that the vampire hated. Though Saphrax would give the guy the benifet of the doubt. He would not get too annoyed at him. "I am sorry for not introducing myself before. My name is Saphrax. Do not really have a last name. It is nice to meet you." Saphrax's voice was soft and melodic. He seemed to be very soft spoken, yet his voice had an edge to it.

Isabella looked at the two people that she had been put in a trio with. They didn't seem like the type of people she could get along with, but she couldn't argue with Helvita, so she had to go with them. They introduced themselves as Riley and Henry. "If you must know, I'm Isabella. Queen of the Darkness, as I call myself. My power is shadows. Hardly needs explaining, so I'm not gonna say anything else." Just then, Riley showed her power. That could actually work quite well with my power... Isabella continued walking with them. "We should try to get to the Training Arena quickly, so that we can at least get near the front."

=Nightshade=

“Ha. Ha. And, limited edition, today only: Ha.” Val did a loop in the air to practice her acrobatics; there had been times where she’d gotten nauseous or light-headed on dives and other assorted tricks. Really not good, especially in combat. She braked in the air to avoid getting too far ahead, then began a slow descent. “Cool, it’s not too crowded yet.”

Lexi lightly smiled, hurrying her roommates along. When all of them got off the staircase, she starting dispelling it, step by step. For each step she dispelled, she twitched from a shock to the brain. She winced as she watched all the lights head towards her, then her eyes widened as she remembered. Eventually, she just spazzed out, falling onto the ground and shaking violently. A small amount of foam slipped from her mouth, it looked like someone hid a huge fourth problem with her powers.

“Seems like-“ the doors to the facility opened, and there were arrows all over funneling them into the stand area of the training grounds. It looked like all the equipment was shoved off to the side on the grass of the main center field, which had sky access. In the center was a concrete, rectangular battlefield. Looking at it though, it was a bit shiny against the sun. It wasn’t actually concrete, it was padding that acted like concrete until enough pressure was put on it, and it would begin to act more like a cushion... crazy stuff...

“Ahh...” Daniel brought himself in through the roof and onto one of the stands, looking at the battlefield. What kinda stuff did they plan do here? It was getting more obvious now... he looked up at Val and Celia, patting the spots next to him, hoping they wouldn’t be taken.

Celia brought herself down slowly, dispelling her freshwater legs into vapor and sitting herself down on one of the spots next to Daniel. She can control water, but she cannot control the salt in salt water, meaning that all water she takes from the ocean turns into Freshwater, leaving behind the salt.

Constantine, who was watching as Lexi made each step vanish, panicked when she fell over. “L-Lexi!? What happened?” He shouted as he rushed over to her. Obviously she didn’t seem like she was in any state to respond. He thought it over for a bit on how this could have happened, she never mentioned anything like this when describing her ability! “I-I think sometimes, when people are sensitive to light they can have s-seizures...” He mentioned aloud, having come to a rushed conclusion, since he was clearly flustered.

Chris nodded at Willow, "Thanks for the encouragement," he noticed Lexi having a seizure and kneeled down beside her shocked that something like this could happen. He immediately acted by moving her on her side to help her breathe better and began moving all other objects away from her, "Everybody give her some space or get a doctor or some help." Chris was flustered but felt this was the best thing he could do in this situation. He had taken a class in middle school for saving lives.

“Right.” Constantine took a moment to compose himself, if he would be dealing with situations like this everyday once he graduated he would have to get used to it without panicking. “I’ll go get Doctor Helvita, she’ll know where the school nurse is.” He said before running off back to the gymnasium.

“Doctor Helvita!” He yelled when he arrived back at the gym, “there’s an emergency outside the other building, one of the people in my group has had a seizure!”

Adrian gave a simple shrug, looked back at Eryn and Saphrax and lightly gestured them to come with him as he joined the rest of the students as they made their way to some type of facility or arena of some kind. The vampire could feel the sunlight on his skin as he entered and decided to put his hood up even more, he joined most of the students as they made their way to the stands. "Is this some kid of training?" Adrian asked, although directed to no one in particular.

Henry furrowed his brow at Isabella. "Queen of darkness, thats a weird name are you actually a queen you seem a bit young to be a queen." Henry bluntly pointed out to Isabelle. He then immediately gasped and covered his mouth."I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that." Henry apologized looking through his cards "Idiot your not supposed to talk to people that way." Henry thought. Henry pulled out a card and began to read it out loud. "What are you excited to do at the school?" Henry asked Isabelle. He looked at the people walking and some immediately stood out to henry. Immediately stood out from the crowd. A girl with wings. Two guys which had really pale skin. He also noticed that there was one kid who would shift shape and he'd seen the dude turn into a dog a couple of times. A girl with long ears and tattoos on her arms. "Fascinating." Henry said to himself.

"Don't know, they would most likely explain." Eryn responded, since there was no one it was particularly aimed towards.

Eryn was a little nervous, but otherwise normal, still needing to call April later though, she was still acting like Riley when Adrian was around. She had headed towards the facility that was supposed to be an arena of some kind.

------

Riley's power wore off as the lights slowly came back, and she prepared for her vision problems to come, but they never came. She was headed towards the supposed arena, signaling for Isabella to follow, when a boy passed her at what seemed to be a mile a minute, Riley sidestepped away from him to give him room. She then caught up with Henry.

Last edited:
Isabella put her hand to her head in disbelief. "It's just a name I give myself, dummy. Well, I'm excited to beat someone up, if I get the chance. Also, what's with those cards? You look like some sort of unsocial idiot." She folded her arms. "So, Riley, I think your power is hilarious. However, it would work quite well with mine. So, I'm willing to not be completely horrible to you. Maybe." She couldn't help but notice that everyone else was in groups of four. At least she could force Riley and Henry to have to share a dorm, so she wouldn't have to.

=Nightshade=

Val shot through the roof, speeding up as she let gravity do the work for her, wings folded back for a more aerodynamic shape. She flared before impact and landed lightly in the stands near Daniel and Celia, and took the seat on the other side of Daniel. She felt a little insecure; she didn’t see many other mutant-type powers. But by looking closer, she could see she wasn’t the only one— not by a long shot. (Just gonna make up a bunch of random chars and their powers here) There was a girl with cat ears and a long, spotted tail; a boy with a lizard frill around his neck; someone with reddish-purple scales covering half his face; and more. The sight of all the other animalistic powers made her feel better, and she relaxed in the stands a bit more. She felt a tentative grin spreading across her face. This year’s gonna be a good one!

Daniel looked to Val, seeing her retract her wings into standing position. It was rather a marvel that such a cool power had to restrict her to such a frail bone structure... but it was awesome to him that she was still going strong nonetheless. He felt a smile spread across his face, before turning back and looking to the teachers, who’d gathered on the battlefield.

The principal stepped up first. “Welcome one and all! To the stadium!” She yelled out, causing the masses to cheer. “This is the place where we’ll hold our yearly exhibition matches! We’ve asked 8 students already to participate, so you’ll have a show on your hands today!” She said, causing Daniel and Celia to get really exited.

Next stepped up Professor Richard. “The rules are as follows- if you yield or touch the ground outside the ring, you’re out. If you sustain too much damage, we can call you out. We also have a legal obligation to separate you if things get too dangerous for the students health.” He said, and then looked up at the crowd. “Unrelated to the situation, but would Daniel, Crescent, Saphrax, Eryn, Adrian, Constantine, Chris, and Samal (imagine I said their last names), as well as (random other student names) please report to the briefing room inside the building, we have some dormitory questions for you..!” He said, smiling.

Daniel blinked. “I... sorry, I gotta go on short notice... Uhh... I’ll... I’ll be back...” he stood up and dashed out of the stand area into the building.

Doctor Helvita got a worried look on her face, and dashed over to the aid of the fallen girl. “All right! Everyone stand back! It seems like she has undergone a severe energy deficiency. We need to fill her back up...” she said, creating a small circle around be the two. She reached out and a small vial from her pocket floated into her hand, and she opened it up. “Energy Tonic... let this work...” she opened up her mouth and poured in the tonic, sweating.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
As samal neared the seats, he returned his limbs back to their human form. Panting a little, he sat next to Val. "Hooo-wee! Wolf or human, running is still exhausting. I need to learn to fly and fast." he joked. He scanned the area, seeing who was around. As he scanned, he noticed a fair amount of animal characteristics on some people. He thought aloud "Y'know, I wonder if I could change into an animal if I had their DNA. That'd be a weird way to greet someone no? 'Hi, my name is Samal. By the way can I have some of your hair and/or fur?'" Suddenly his thoughts turned to Val. Huh...would that work?...Do her feathers even grow back?
His focus was interrupted by someone calling his name. "Uh-Wha? Me?"
Might as well leave the topic for another day.
He got up "Well, here I go" he grinned at the girls "Don't gossip about us boys while we're gone." he joked as he left.

Just as Adrian sat down and listened to everything that happened--alongside the annoyingly loud cheers of many people around him--he heard that he was called over. Adrian blinked in surprise before he shrugged and decided to get up, he picked a place in between several students and instead of scooting past them awkwardly, the vampire began to levitate and floated himself to the staircase to join the other students who were called. He put his hands in his coat pockets and he walked ever closer to the briefing room, then a thought crossed his mind. "Am I gonna be one of the competitors?" He thought to himself as his expression turned to a look of slight worry... worry that he may get humiliated in front of a large crowd.

"Well, we have to go," Eryn whispered to the rest of her group.

Eryn took a quick flight down to the stairs, nodding to Adrian as she landed, since he looked a bit Nervous.

"You okay, you look a little nervous." Eryn asked worriedly, since she saw his face.

------

Riley had just made to the arena when she heard that her twin sister had been called.

"This isn't good, Eryn's very powerful, I hope she faces someone with similar abilities, and her total transformation doesn't happen." Riley looked on worriedly, "Imagine if this were Blue Dragon in her place."

Constantine ran back to the training ground with the Doctor, and as she gave Lexi the Energy Tonic he heard his name be called by one of the Professors from inside. He didn’t quite catch all of it, but he did hear that he was supposed to head to the briefing room. He was hesitant to leave the situation, but he had no choice. He moved to the inside of the building, searching for and eventually finding the room he was supposed to enter. He entered the room while double checking it was the right one, and sat down to wait for whomever had called for him.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Leo was in awe as he looked at the training ground. While he stood there to look at the training ground everyone else passed him. Even though he tried to catch up with everyone in his dorm or rather his grade seemed to be called by the principal.

Welp, this is karma for trying to go on ahead and ignore everyone. I should of answered the thot and acknowledged the gay guy when I had the chance.

He took the remaining time he had to join all the other random students of the school in the stands. Kicking any pebble or dust into the air. "This is what I get for trying to be a rebel..." He mumbled as he sat down.

=Nightshade=

“Quick, Celia, let’s start gossiping about them,” Val said with a smirk literally two seconds after Samal left. “Tell me something embarrassing about your brother. Or do I not want to know?” She laughed. “Kidding. I wonder how these “exhibition matches” are going to work?” She made air quotes around “exhibition matches.”

Celia laughed at Val's instant joking, giving her a grin. "You're pretty funny, kiddo..!" She said, trying to keep in her laughter at this point. "Mm... I dunno how they'll go, they said the students were pre-selected, but I don't know if that's necessarily true or not?" She said, pondering out loud. "Eh, who knows. Something that you may wanna know about my brother though..." Her grin switched to mischievous gossip mode. "...is he just picked up guitar about a month ago, and has been learning some songs. He's not that good yet, which is why he gets embarrassed by it, but hey, he's learning..." She said, shrugging. Not THAT juicy... "How do you feel about the two boys so far anyway?"

Daniel turned to Samal as they walked down the hall and into the briefing room. He knew that this room would be mostly off limits to students during school times, so he took the moment to get his bearings in it. "Do you think the girls are saying stuff about us..?" He asked him softly, more worried about Val saying stuff rather than Celia saying stuff.

The few other students that came in were shimmied off to another room next to the briefing room by Professor Richard, leaving only the original 8 people he'd called to gather there. He tapped his foot a few times, humming what could only be described as showtunes. Daniel smiled and tilted his head... Not exactly what he expected from one of his favorite heroes.

Lexi eventually came to, slowly opening her eyes to Doctor Helvita. She didn't quite get what was happening, but was thankful nonetheless. She sat up with a puzzled look on her face.
"Doctor? Why are you here? Don't you have important business elsewhere?"

Ace looked at his group, he supposed he could lend them a hand with heading out there quick. He kicked the skateboard on his back off and onto the ground. He then removed the two boards on his arms, rolling them to the group.
"Use those to get to the other place quick-like. I'll probably meet you back here pretty soon... there's a lot of stuff I need to pick up from home before I'm settled in here. If there's anything involving like, division of dormmates or something, pair me with the person most tolerant with noise and stuff. Or like, ice powers or something, that would make things way cheaper..."

=Nightshade=

“Not really sure,” Val admitted. “I mean, I’ve only known them for like three hours. But Samal seems a little... well, a lot... excitable? Enthusiastic? Which I can’t relate to much. Daniel is...” She couldn’t really put into words her impression of Daniel. “He’s... Daniel, I guess. I’ve never met anyone so shy and yet extroverted in my life. He plays guitar?” She didn’t want to admit it, but that made her feel a little bit more at home with her dorm group. Not only were they both different and shy, but they were both musicians too? Well, a budding musician in Daniel’s case. “I’m excited for these matches. Hopefully they get back soon; otherwise they’re going to miss them.”

(OOC: because she doesn’t know they’re in the matches. Duh.)

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Samal considered Daniels question "Well...the only ones that can be gossiped about is you. They don't know much about me so you're kinda the primary target. It really depends on your sister." he laughed "So it's really a 50/50 from what I've seen."
Samal suddenly grew serious "So these, 'exhibition matches'. I wonder how they'll go. They sound pretty cool, winning oughta take skill, so we'll be able to tell who's more advanced than others."
Samal couldn't help but feel nervous, this is pretty big, he wasn't sure if he was really going to be part of it.

Daniel sighed, and smiled. "Yeah, Celia's a pain to live with but... I appreciate her... She's always there for me, and is one of the few people I can talk to who I can trust to keep my secrets... Well some of them at least..." He said, and laughed nervously. "But yeah... I worry about what they'll say about me in particular... I always try not to make a negative Impression on people, but it's difficult for me... Any girls that I meet I worry that after only a conversation they'll think I hate them... Which isn't true..." He said, his face slowly going red.

Celia shrugged and smiled at her. "Y'know, I agree with you... But hey, the kid's really sweet... I mean, if you give him the right moments to shine. I'll let you know that he probably enjoys you a lot. He might act like he doesn't want to talk to you, but I know he does... Probably a lot more than you might think..." She said, her voice soft. She left that sentence out to hang, and looked down at the field, silently affirming Val's earlier statement on how they definitely shouldn't miss the matches.

"Oh thank heavens your awake. You passed out after creating that light staircase, so I gave you an energy tonic to get you back up. Might you be all right? Do we need to get you to an actual medical Doctor?" Helvita breathed a sigh of releaf, and began to question her about what her current medical needs were.

Last edited:
Saphrax looked to the last member of his dorm group. The boy was a bit out there, and seemed to be quiet, so he would give the guy the benifet of the doubt. The thing was, his name was called, he hoped he did not have battle someone too powerful, as he wanted to showcase some of his own powers. With ease, Saphrax turned into a black cat. He had two different colored eyes, one was a bright almost neon green, and the other was his normal pink. Though the iris was slanted like that of a cat. Around his neck was the choker that he wore, though it seemed to have become a callor for his cat form.

It was easy for Saphrax to make his way to where the others were. When he made it off of the bleachers, he transformed into a panther, and ran after the others. His panther form is almost identical to his cat form. With ease, he found the room that he had to be in, and in a leap, jumped onto the table and transformed into a cat again.

"You sure?" Eryn asked, worried about Adrian.

Eryn continued down the stairs, with a small smile. She ended up there noticing several other people, and a cat.

"Adrian, you have any Idea why there's a cat in the room?" Eryn asked Adrian, then turned to the others, "Hi!"

-------

"Really?" Riley asked, "To be truthful, I was not expecting anyone to try and actually work with me."

Riley watched for any signs from her twin sister.