• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A Journey in Alola! Discussion

We're in Malie City. Also, I already made plans very early on in the RP, cutting the five ribbon requirement down to three, so that I could have some wiggle room with Daniel, in terms of wins and losses. That, and I've been planning simce the very start of the RP that he would become top coordinator. That doesn't clash with any of your plans, does it?

todoroki

Previously gamora
We're in Malie City. Also, I already made plans very early on in the RP, cutting the five ribbon requirement down to three, so that I could have some wiggle room with Daniel, in terms of wins and losses. That, and I've been planning simce the very start of the RP that he would become top coordinator. That doesn't clash with any of your plans, does it?
nah, i just want him to get like, mildly far into the grand festival then lose, to sorta motivate him to keep going. he's still gonna keep battling though, just primarily doing contests.

todoroki

Previously gamora
not really my place to say as im fairly new but im guessing it's not too late- just wanted to add in my opinion if you want to get involved in contest/showcase stuff itd be a great time to join!

Alrighty then. :D

My Character:
Name: Marcus Saunders
Personality: Marcus is cold, calculating and, especially, ruthless. He prioritizes his objectives above all else and will do whatever it takes to achieve them, no matter what, no matter how, no matter the cost. Marcus is not a very sociable person, believing that displaying emotions is a sign of weakness, and that getting emotionally attached to anything or anyone will only slow him down. That said, his Pokémon are an exception to that rule.
Looks: For someone with military training, Marcus's build is rather slim. He has short, spiky blonde hair and wears a white polo shirt, black cargo pants and shoes. He also has a P★DA strapped to his left arm, and his dogtags on his right one. His acessory of most importance, however, are the tactical sunglasses he's always wearing (no one knows what are the true color of his eyes).
Goals: To complete his mission.
Pokémon (so far): Typhlosion (holding an Assault Vest), Pichu.
Backstory: Marcus is from an anarchic, crime-infested and corrupt region which deserts are completely devoid of wildlife, Pokémon or otherwise. That region is named Orre.
Marcus is part of a private military outfit called SOS (Special Orre Security) whose main objective is to clean Orre of both its corrupt goverment and criminal organizations.
However, things started to look bad for the SOS when one of the criminal organizations managed to create a device that allowed it to catch other Trainers' Pokémon: the Snag Machine. Giving the criminal organization (now called Team Snagem) an enormous advantage against the SOS.
The military was getting desperate, they needed a special ability of their own to even the odds in this war. That's when they learned about the Z-Crystals: Special stones capable of merging the Pokémon and its Trainer's will to release the true power within, in the form of an extremely destructive Pokemon move.
That was exactly what the SOS needed: Power. They need more power.
Marcus was sent to Alola in a covert mission to locate and achieve the Z-Crystals...

Last edited:

Blue_Flash4

Previously Blue_Flash4 de Lafayette
Alright Then
My Character:
Name: Nick
Personality: A Cool Guy Who Will Always Push His Rival To Be The Best
Looks: Blue Jacket That Goes Over A Black Shirt, Black Jeans, Light Blue Hair
Goals: To Beat The Strongest Trainers In Alola
Pokémon So Far: A Poliwrath and A Poliwag (Poli)
Backstory: Sent To Alola By Prof. Oak Right After Beating A Battling Tournament To See The Different Types Of Things In Alola

Last edited:
Hey guys. I gotta leave the RP.

I should have known better than enter in a RP that is almost finished, and I should have noticed it earlier that I have been doing nothing but hindering everyone's progress. I'm very sorry for that.

^^'

todoroki

Previously gamora
dude, you're not hindering anything! the rp's still in malie city, there's a ways to go, and considering thats through almost 80 pages there's no rush

if you want to leave that's perfectly acceptable, and i may be a newer member too but imo you should stay

@ofSand_andSweat I understand if you want to leave, but I also want you to stay. I can't speak for everyone else, but I think it'd be nice for you to stay. Whatever your choice is. And I don't think you were messing with the story. It's like the Pokemon anime, it isn't always based around the progress of the adventure, and it's filled with side stories too.

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
Name: Christian “Chris”

Personality: A little bit shy, but really nice, likes music and drawing, and loves battling other trainers just for fun. But, he does take battles against gym leaders seriously.

Looks: Crazy black hair that Christian would call “A Rattata nest”, Green T-shirt, white shorts that are big enough to cover his kneecaps, and black shoes.

Pokémon: Ambipom (Handy), Feraligatr (Goji), Honchkrow (Kubo), and Heracross (Herc)

Backstory: Christian’s family used to live in Kanto with his older brother, Nicholas (present day almost 15), but when Christian was born they moved over to New Bark Town, Johto , for almost all of Christian’s life. When Christian got older, around 10-11 years old, he was old enough to get a Pokémon from his next door neighbor, Professor Elm. But his chosen starter, which was a Totodile (now a Feraligatr), was his second Pokémon. Christian’s father was a good friend of the Pokéball maker, Kurt, who gave a Pokémon to Christian as a gift when he and his family moved in. The Pokémon, being a Aipom (now a Ambipom). Since then, Christian, Ambipom, and Feraligatr, have been traveling to all regions, catching new Pokémon and collecting every single gym badge (which he did), and later on in life, challenging any Pokémon League, and becoming a Champion.

Goals: To become a league champion, gym leader, or being the strongest trainer in the world.

Last edited: