• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A Journey in Alola! Discussion

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
I think I might have Glacier catch a Riolu when they get to Poni Island and maybe once they get to the trial, a Mimikyu or Haunter. And I remembered another Pokemon he had! Salamence!

Nova, I'm might have her catch a Turtanator and a Wimpod

We honestly JUST revived it, so you’re not late or anything.

I’m at a basketball game and sitting in, like, the main room. Outside the gym. In the corner. Because I hate sports.
Because I’m lazy.

Can I join the RP?

Name: Collins Palm
Personality: Timid and curious
Looks: Nougat colored medium wavy hair, round glasses, dark blue shirt,white lab coat with rolled up sleeves, light green cargo shorts, brown sandals.
Goals: To become the next Professor of the Alola region.
Pokemon (So far): Alolan Exeggutor, Alolan Raichu, Alolan Vulpix
Backstory: On a trip to the Kanto region, he found a Kantonian Vulpix unlike the ones back in Alola. Ever since then, he became obsessed with regional variants, and how Pokémon could adapt to new locations and environments. He graduated college at the very young age of eighteen, and has begun to study to become the next Professor since then.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Okay, but what island are we on and how many trials have been completed?

Name: Melody Meyers
Appearance: A young woman who has black hair tied in a ponytail along with a green baseball cap over it as she wears a white top with green sleeves and a pair of old blue jeans along with some black and green tennis shoes.
Personality: A rather quiet individual, with a love of nature and Pokemon though can be a bit shy around people and prefers to let her actions do the talking rather than words. Though she is always eager for a good adventure and has a tomboyish streak to her.
Goal: To conquer the Trials and make a scrap book seeing all the key sights of Alola to document and cover the island from edge to edge.
Pokemon: Litten (M), Pikachu (F), Steenee (F)
Backstory: A young member of the local Alola baseball team, Melody was a natural athlete though her true passion lied in adventure and when she got the confidence and assurance she sought out Professor Kukui and set out to complete her scrap book project to take in the true Alola spirit and perhaps make some friends along the way.

Name: David Shorewater
Personality: Likes to research Pokémon battles and he likes to participate in battles himself.
Looks: He has tan colored skin. Has brown eyes and brown-blond-ish hair. He wears a green t-shirt with a Shinx on the front of it. He wears jean shorts and tennis shoes. He also wears an orange traveling bag.
Goals: To become a champion of a region. If not, to become a Gym Leader.
Pokemon (So far): Vulpix, Gible, and Luxio.
backstory: He lived in the Sinnoh Region for most of his life. His family decided that they wanted a change. So they moved to Alola. David brought along his Gible and Luxio. He also caught an Alolan Vulpix on the boat to Alola.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Name: Ben (Unknown)
Personality: Kind and caring to a fault, Ben will try to help every and anyone. He's capable in battle, and is surprisingly intelligent, at least pokemon-wise. He also REALLY hates the cold. Despite his intelligence, he can be very dense and can't really take a hint unless said aloud. He's clumsy whenever unfocused, which is often. He can be very sarcastic and snarky when in a bad mood, usually because of cold or if he just doesn't like the person.
Looks: Ben is a licensed pokemon ranger, and as such wears a bright yellow scarf, red goggles, and a pair of ranger boots. Otherwise, eh wears a blue hoodie and a red undershirt, and jeans. He also carries a styler with a rotom inside.
Goals: Originally, he wanted to be a champion. Once he accomplished that in Kanto, he got bored, dropped the title, and started travelling. He participates in league battles and goes as far to challenge the champion if he can, but doesn't plan on taking the title as champion. He just does it for fun.
Pokemon (So far):
Hardy M.Lucario (Justified. First pokemon. Met Ben at 6 years old. Currently follows him in every journey)
Bashful F.Brionne (Torrent, Starter)
Jolly M. Lycanroc (Tough claws, Dusk form)
Serious M.Toucannon (Skill link)
Hasty M.Charjabug (Battery)
Docile M.Mudsdale (Stamina)
Quirky F.Stufful (Fluffy)
Also has a kantonian Sandslash, which he plans of giving an ice stone.

backstory: Started his journey with his partner riolu at eleven in the kanto region. He ended up gaining the title as champion, but dropped the title after a month or so. Nowadays he travels region-to-region, simply for the experience.

I'll fix whatever is necessary.

Ima leave my bio here so you can see if i can join Name: Angel Tovar
Personality: Like's being alone, alway's calm with his pokemon, will help anyone who is in trouble, very nice if he get's to know you better, alway's prepared to battle if it's important.
Looks: Angel wear's a blue hoodie, a white shirt, blue pant's, wear's a red scarf.
Goals: Originally, He wanted to be the best pokemon trainer so he wins all the badge's and then the champion league's insted of becoming the real champion he leave's every region he win's and now he's at alola to win the pokemon champion
Pokemon (So far):
Pikachu, Riolu, Charmeleon, Torracat.

backstory: Started his journey when he first had recived charmander in the knato region, Angel has won all badge's in the kanto and other regions now he's at alola (i think i dont know) to challenge the Trails to get all the Z-Crystal's. (i'll fix anything if you need me to)

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Could I join?

Name: Willow Finlay
Personality: Willow is intelligent and caring but can sometimes be impatient and rude. He likes looking good with expensive looking accessories.
Looks: Physically, Willow is average weight and average height for his age with fair skin, dyed green hair and emerald green eyes. He wears jeans and a shirt with a jacket over the top. He wears white shoes that look expensive with a
Goals: Willow's goal is to beat the trials and elite 4 and look good doing it.
Pokemon (So far): Eevee, no nickname. Vulpix, no nickname. Sneasel, no nickname.
backstory: Willow grew up in a rich neighbourhood with no father. After his mother grew sick he had to learn to look after himself. After a while his mother got better and he was able to follow his dreams of becoming a champion.

Hope this is good. :)

This looks interesting. May I join as well?

Name: Alita "Starshock" Rellis
Personality: Alita is a nervous girl, yet has great skills with any Pokemon. She happens to be around mostly cities , but will stray from them now and again to get more experience in.
Looks: She has pale skin, brown-blonde hair, green eyes, and keeps her clothes simple. A slightly oversized and worn out pink tracksuit with matching shoes, plus a small bag for her Pokemon. Also has a scar on her neck.
Goals: Alita has two main goals. One is to become a great Performer in Alola, and her other one is to master her strange bonding abilities.
Pokemon (So far): Mincinno (Yin. He's a newly hatched Pokemon she owns, and is a bit hyper.), Vulpix (Rita. A bold Kanto Vulpix who doesn't hesitate to stand up for his team.), Squirtle (Illy. She gained trust with Alita while on the cruise to Alola, so she joined the team.)
backstory: Alita grew up in the outskirts of Castelia City, with not much occurring until she was 9. She learned and had a odd ability to easily bond with wild Pokemon, and it was found out when protecting a Cinccino from a Houndoom. It surprisingly left when she approached it, but the ability hasn't always worked. If you would, a 45/55 chance to not work. Back to the story. After she saved it, the Cinccino have Alita a Egg as thanks. It's proof her abilities can be used. Evidence she failed is the scar on her neck, from a Weavile slash.

A lot of people are jumping in now, actually! It might be a good time because the characters have all let out their Pokémon, and are getting to know each other!

Oh,their goals is to become the Pokémon League Champion.Their personality trait is,they are a bit of an introvert,and is super determined (also,she is pretty smart and loving)

Hellooo!

I was wondering if it's still possible to join this Alola journey RP of yours, but before I do, I'd like to ask a few questions before I make my character?

1: How far are you guys?
2: What kind of Pokemon may I start off with? In terms of First, second or third stage evos, obviously if I have pseudos, the'll be first stage.
3: May I have a Z ring?

We’re always accepting new people to the Roleplay!

1) I always forget what island we’re on, but if it helps some, I don’t think we’re super far in actually. I think the last Kahuna we had battled was Olivia.

2) Everyone in the RP has evolved their Pokémon quite a bit, so any evolution stage is okay.

3) Yeah, Z-Rings are for sure okay! I don’t think that a moderator needs to approve it, but I’ll double check and make sure.

Yup! Z-rings don’t have to be given permission, but all the rules from the game (only one Z move per battle, Z crystal must match move type, etc.) must be applied the same for the Roleplay.

Awesome!

Name: Edmond Florence
Personality: Edmond is usually kind and friendly with a great passion for Pokemon battling, showing signs of confidence in most things that he does and shows signs of loyalty to those he likes, those he doesn't like earn a more cold (no pun intended) side to him and hates those who would mistreat or abuse their Pokemon. He cares deeply for his Pokemon and hates losing, stubbornly seeing defeat as humiliation.
Looks: Standing at 5'11" with fair skin thanks to plenty of sunlight, a slim body build thanks to a lot of travelling, short and somewhat smooth pale light Blue hair with a bang nearly covering his left eye, his eyes are dark Blue like the sea. His main choice of clothing is a White tank top with Blue jeans, Black shoes and a Black belt bag. One of his most notable pieces of clothing is a Black hooded ankle long coat with fur linings along the bottom, sleeves and hood which he wears like a cape. He wears a black wristband on his right hand and a Z-Ring on his left with an Icium Z crystal.
Goals: To become the greatest Ice Type trainer in Alola just like his grandmother once was.
Pokemon: Glalie, Crabominable , Ninetales (Alolan), Piloswine, Amaura
Edmond was born from a long line of proud Pokemon trainers in Malie City on Ula'ula island. His grandmother used to be a powerful Ice type Pokemon trainer and nicknamed "The Frost Maiden". Edmond always looked up to his grandmother ever since he was little and made it his dream to become a strong Pokemon trainer just like her, his grandmother was pleased at Edmond's determination and love for Pokemon, always making sure to support him. ...However, before Edmond's ninth birthday, Edmond's grandmother fell very ill and passed away. Since then, Edmond slowly sank in to depression after losing the family member that inspired him to become a Pokemon trainer.

His parents tried what they could to support him and vice versa, Edmond even considering once to stop trying to become a Pokemon trainer, much to his parents' surprise. One day, Edmond's mother came to him with a little box and told him to keep training to become a... trainer. Inside the box was something that was passed down from Edmond's family for generations: An Icium Z, the gift began to reignite something within Edmond and he felt ready to go out and become a Pokemon trainer and was determined to help "The Frost Maiden's" legacy live on with pride... and secretly try to think of a good nickname for himself to honor her.