• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed 80's Pokemon journey though the regions

She chuckled. "I'll take that as a "What is it?" But do you accepted people for the way they are even if they are..."different" in a certain way?"she asked as Blue know what her partner was talking about as she looked to Sterling for an answer from him. Bella smiled wagging her tail at the Fraxure as she pawed at his face playing with him.-

"Buneary use water pulse to defuse the fire." Buneary was able to defuse the fire with the water pulse. There was a bit of flame that made through and she got singed. "Now I want you to use shock wave to immoblize the growlithe." Buneary let out a huge wave of electric force and sent it straight at the fire dog. "Now while it is distracted I want you to use bounce." Buneary bounced in the air. "Now use healing wish to heal yourself." Buneary seemed to glow when she closed her eyes. After a bit the glow seemed to settle and she looked much more rejuvenated then before.

Sterling pondered lightly on JC's question. "Depends on what you mean by 'different.'" Sterling replied as Fraxure laughed lightly and went to touch one of Bella's upcoming paws. Sterling moved his hand back to pet the Eevee on his shoulder as he waited for JC's reply.

Honestly, she didn't know how to answer that question without giving away that she was part wolf. She thought about this more thoroughly before answering. "Well...lets just say my sense of hear and smell is 4 times better than an average human...that different..."she said as she focused her eyes back on the battle in front of her.-

Sterling's eyes widened light with slight realization. "Ah." He said with a nod. "I may come from a village of people devoted to Dragon types, but we've always been welcome with many other kinds of... people. I myself am very accepting of other so long as their motives and intentions are good." Sterling answered with a smile. "And the fact that you can hear and smell better must be awesome to some extent." He added with a wink.

She chuckled before answering. "Well I suppose it is but not going to brag here maybe others have the same high sense of smell and hearing as I have but it just runs in my family I suppose at least my father" she said as she raised her hand up to her mask lifting it slightly to look at him with her light blue eye behind her glasses as she gave a gentle smile.-

"Alright, sorry about that. I should've known that you knew! Anyways, yeah, I'll try to show you my best performance!" Monica then excitedly pumped herself back up, trying to avoid the blush on her cheeks that came with the embarrassment she gave herself. "Babs, you ready?" She then asked, and the Poodle barked, it's signature way of communication for Pokemon and people alike. "Okay, let's show Lola what I've taught you." Monica then skated backwards, so that any move used by Babs would not hurt or affect the young Vulpixes she owned.
Babs stood a few feet away from Monica, as the Poodle was also aware of it's own power outside of Coordination. "Let's begin. Babs, use Baby-Doll Eyes!" Monica stood still, as Babs created a barrage of pink and purple shard-like pieces that surrounded her eyes. "Now, Echoed Voice!" Monica commanded, and Babs let out an odd sounding singing for a dog Pokemon. The shards then shattered, dousing the are around the pair in beautifully colored sparkles. Monica then twirled around, Babs jumping around Monica until the rotation. "Alright! Now, Return!" Monica paused, letting her Pokemon take over. Babs used her move, making the sparkles dissipate and allowing a wave of blue to crash over the pair as the sparkles did. She then opted for one more move, their finishing touch. "Finally, use Attract!" Babs then jumped high in the air, hearts releasing and spiraling around her. Monica then jumped into the air, barely catching Babs and landing on her feet. "Ta-Da! What did you think?"

Amra smirked at Wes. He was not a bad opponent. Buneary looked confused and started to come down from the air. "Buneary follow growlithe through the hole that he just made. Then while you are in the there charge up an iron tail." Buneary nose dived into the same hole that the dig created. Her tail seemed to shine black and metal like.

(Hey sorry I had just deleted that one but let’s carry on like I hadn’t)
Wes smiled, checkmate. “Growlithe use flamethrower!” He shouted triumphantly. The trainer could only see a pillar of fire emerge from the tunnel Growlithe had made. There was no way buneary could have dodged. Growlithe emerged from the ground victoriously and walked over to his trainer. “Way to go Growlithe, that was awesome!” Cheered Wes as he bent down to hug his partner.

Buneary only had one thing she could do when she saw the fire come at her she used dig and traveled over to her trainer. She came up right beside Amra her tail was a little burnt. "Well I guess you one this battle. Buneary come on lets get you to the pokemon center. You are not a bad opponent to face Wes."

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Lola laughed joyously, giving the two an enthusiastic applause. "Magnificent display, the both of you! I am most impressed!" She beamed at the two, the excitement clear in her eyes. Kaipo was chasing around the remaining sparkles left behind while Hani was bouncing energetically, inspired by the action that had just taken place.

Lola looked at her beloved fox pokemon and called them over. "Come my darlings, let us try now!" The two excited vulpixes hopped over to her, their eyes sparkling with determination. Lola looked at them with the same determination in her own eyes, and they all nodded in unison, knowing exactly what they wanted to do.
The elfen girl grounded herself, speaking calmly, but with resolve. "Kaipo, use a controlled Blizzard, just like we practiced, while Hani, use Fire Spin around it."

Kaipo cooed in giddy agreement, focusing her energy, her tails raising and spreading out like the beautiful display of a peacock, before releasing an intense swirl of snow and wind up into the air. Just as she did this, Hani opened his mouth and sent forth a spiral of flames around the blizzard. The two polar opposites swirled together for a moment, weakening each other.

"Now! Kaipo, Dazzling Gleam!" Kaipo seized the moment, twirling into her Dazzling Gleam and casting a brilliant, angelic light that struck the spiraling elements, reducing them into a flurry of sparkly, shining mist drifting gracefully to the ground. In the mist, a tiny rainbow appeared briefly with the reflection of the sun. To end the performance the two fox pokemon bowed to their audience in unison, with Lola following suit.​

"Trés bien, Trés bien! That was wonderful, Lola!" Monica had set Babs down, the rather large dog a bit too much to hold. She had watched the display with wide eyes, awestruck by the beauty of the performance. Babs, likewise, was thrilled, barking in excitement. "Frou-Frou!" The Poodle jumped around excitedly. "Once more, trés bien. That was absolutely beautiful! It may have been even better than me and Babs!" Monica complimented, and the Furfrou she owned nodded in agreement.
"Your Pokemon are simply wonderful. I don't think they're better now, me and Babs wouldn't stand a chance!" Monica then laughed, happily moving back over to Lola.

“Ha thanks, you’re pretty good too.” Said Wes happily, energized by the battle. “That’s the toughest buneary I’ve ever heard of, it’ll be fun to travel with!” Wes remarked to remind her of their previous deal. “You don’t need to go all the way to the Pokémon Center, I have some stuff that should do that trick.” He said as he walked over to feed Buneary some Rawst and Oran berries. “By the way I don’t think I ever got your name? I should probably learn that if we’re gonna continue on together.”

"Well seeing as we are near the entrance to Viridian it would be better to save that for when we are in Viridian forest. My name is Amra by the way." Buneary puffed out her chest at the complement. She jumped up to Amra's shoulder. "My cousin Lola and the others are traveling with me. I guess you can come along with us. It will be fun to train against you."

“Alright, nice to meet you Amra, I’d be honored to become your training partner.” He joked before turning to the group “Hey guys I’m Wes and these three are Growlithe, Squirtle, and Larvitar. I guess we’re gonna be traveling with you guys from here on out. Sorry I’m so late. I came all the way from Cinnabar. Blaine basically raised me, so if you need any help with training or want to practice battle I’d be happy to!” He announced to the group before turning back to Amra “Sorry I challenged you so suddenly, I’m not good at icebreakers, so I thought a battle would be a good way to get to know you.” He chuckled somewhat nervously as the adrenaline from the battle wore off and he remembered he was talking to a model.

Krisseon

Lola's eyes sparkled with happiness hearing Monica's praise. She pressed her hands to her cheeks as she felt a blush coming on. "Oh, you flatter me, Monica! Your performance was much more tactical than my own though. It was breathtaking! Mine is not much, it was just something me and my little ones had been playing with in our free time back home. I never thought I would actually get to show it to anyone until Professor Oak requested my presence here. I am so glad I came!" She beamed, gently taking Monica's hands in hers in a show of trust and admiration. "I believe this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship, and I am so happy we have met!" She wasn't sure if her actions might be too much for her shy friend, but it felt right in that moment. This was something they could bond over, and Lola was ecstatic about that.

Kaipo and Hani relished in the positive attention, jumping around Babs with excitement. It wasn't often they were able to play with their moves like that, so they enjoyed the chance to show off. Kaipo especially, considering she was the more outgoing of the two.

Amra shrugged and looked at Wes. "No need to be so brash. It was fun. I have not had that much fun battling in a while." Amra turned towards her cousin. She walked over and stood to the side as Lola grasped Monica's hands. "Hey Lola it seems that you have had a bit of fun as well. What do you say we head on to Veridian. Buneary here needs to see Nurse Joy."

Monica was ecstatic, both of them got together so well, and were able to share their own performances with one another. Monica had never had any audience other than her parents, so she was rather thrilled. "No problem! You did great. I'm hoping I can see something like that from you again!" She closed her eyes, in a state of pure bliss. Her face was rather flushed from the compliments as well, but she wasn't really able to contain herself when she was so thrilled.
A bit of shock came over her as Lola grabbed her hands, but she returned the gesture, smiling with her eyes closed. Babs was thrilled as well, happy to be playing with the tiny Vulpixes as they ran circles around her. She jumped over them and back into the middle, hoping to add an element of fun to their game. Monica then snapped her eyes open, seeing Amra and her Buneary. She noted how cute the Buneary was- she could only really see it's features up close.

“Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to be brash, but yeah that’s a good idea let’s head to the Pokémon center Growlithe seems pretty tired out.” Wes replied as the puppy yipped in agreement. He was hoping to get to know Amra better. “So where are you from? you’re way too good at battling to be a rookie.” He asked as they began walking towards the city.

Krisseon

Lola was thrilled to know her new friend enjoyed the experience as well. She was about to say something else when Amra came to her side, signaling the battle was over. She took note of what her cousin said and her smile fell, worried eyes glancing at the small Buneary. She softly released Monica's hands to stroke the Rabbit pokemon's head soothingly as she surveyed the damage. It wasn't extreme, but it needed attention in any case. This was exactly why she disliked battling. Looking back to Amra, she nodded. "Yes, let us take our leave then."

She looked to Wes, who had introduced himself and his pokemon moments before. She looked him over in an almost authoritative manner, before giving him a quick nod as well in acceptance. If her cousin wished for him to join, she would trust her judgement. But she wasn't sold on this new trainer just yet, and would keep her eyes peeled until he proved himself trustworthy.

Amra looked towards Wes. "I am from Sinnoh. I have had a little experience coming up with moves that would be both effective in battle and on stage. Me and Buneary have been together since she was hatched. She used to belong to my mother, but she had formed a more stable bond." Buneary smiled at the attention of Lola. Amra turned towards Veridian and walked. She wanted to get to the pokemon center to help buneary more then they could do in route.

She began to walk as she glanced to Sterling mask still slightly lifted. "Shall we then Sterling, don't want you being left behind and besides I believe Shadow is in Viridian city already waiting for me" she said as Blue leaped back on her shoulder claiming it again as Bella barked at the Fraxure to come along then looked at Sterling wagging her tail a bit before following after JC again.-

Sterling smiled at the performing pair, glad to see how close they were with a similar hobby before he looked back at JC. Her blue eye made him blush faintly for some reason, but quickly brushed it off in time to see that the group began to head off and so he followed suit along with his Fraxure close behind. The reptile playfully ran toward the Furfrou, then up to JC with slight curiosity in its eyes.

She watched the Fraxure look at her with curiosity as she gave a chuckle petting the Fraxures head. "Curious about me aren't you, well try not to get use to it, just be lucky you will be able to see my face slightly just for the moment" she said before placing her mask back on her face head to Viridain forest but made sure Sterling and his Fraxure was following close behind. Bella had her leash clipped and placed it in JC's hand seeing her hokd it firmly before she walkee beside her gently smiling at the Fraxure.-

“Wow Sinnoh, that’s a long ways away, what brings you to Kanto?” Said Wes jogging a little to catch up with the rest of them. He turned towards the girl with the blue hair, she had seemed to be judging him so he was hopping to get to know her better. “Hi you must be the cousin, it’s nice to meet you. What’s your name?” He said in his best cheerful voice while he extended a hand.

"Well Professor Oak asked some of us to test his new pokebox system. He wants to know how useful to trainers." Amra turned towards Lola. "I also came to bring my cousin an egg from my father. It was a gift for her starting her journey here in Kanto. I decided to join in on her journey."

Krisseon

Lola paused, looking at Wes, then at his hand. Handshakes were not really her thing, but she extended her own anyway in respect for his goodnatured attempt at a proper greeting. She shook his hand firmly and assertively. "I am Lola. I suppose we will be traveling together." She looked to her other friends and gestured softly to them, as she wanted them to be shown the same respect. "And these are my friends Monica, Sterling, and JC."

“Yeah I’m looking forward to it!” Chimed Wes before turning to the larger group. “Hi guys, it’s nice to meet you all, those are some pretty cool Pokémon you have, I’d love to battle sometime! Also I saw some of your displays during my battle, you guys are seriously talented, I wish I could do that!” He said jovially then turned back to Amra, while Wes was polite to everyone it was obvious she was the one he was most intrigued by. “Wow that’s awesome, I hope you like it here. Is there anything in particular you want to do while you’re here?” He asked, genuinely interested in her background.

"Well I want to compete in gym battles and perform on stage with my pokemon. Though I do lean to more of the battling side of things." Amra smirked at the attention she got from Wes

Wes noticed a slight smile coming from Amra and decided he would try to keep the conversation going“Oh really? That’s awesome! I did get the feeling that some of your buneary’s moves were inspired by Pokémon contests, the skating on the ice beam was like nothing I’ve ever seen before.” Complimented Wes as they entered The Pokémon center. He decided to take a risk, hoping he would be able to establish a closer friendship with her. “Hey there’s a really good cafe here that I haven’t had in forever, do you wanna go there while we wait for our Pokémon to heal? It’ll be my treat.” He asked in a disarmingly nervous way before giving a slight smile.

Amra looked to Wes. "Was he trying to ask her on a date or something." She thought. She thought about what she wanted and stepped up to Nurse Joy. She handed Buneary without her in her pokeball. "Hello Nurse Joy. Buneary here does not like to be in her pokeball much. I hope you don't mind that." She turned to Wes. She still needed to answer him. "Well I don't mind but I prefer not to leave my pokemon in someplace without me there. I would feel terrible. Besides Buneary would be mad she could not get something sweet as well. Though I would be glad to go with you afterwards."

Wes was a little disheartened by the delay but understood her reasoning and his eyes visibly lit up when he ultimately got the yes. “Alright, it’s a date. I suppose my pokemon will want a treat too.” He said in the most casual voice he could muster before processing his previous word choice. “I mean like the expression not a date date, unless you want it to be.” He stuttered through while trying to recover. Quickly trying to divert attention from the awkward situation he had just created, Wes lifted Growlithe up to nurse joy and asked her to take a look at him too. Then he let out a grunt as he lifted the heavy Larvitar and set him on the counter “He’s not injured or anything, but he’s still a baby so if you could just give him a check up I’d really appreciate it.” Said Wes cheerfully as he turned two of his Pokemon over to the nurse. He then thought to himself this is gonna be a long and awkward wait.

Monica had followed close behind, but she wasn't too keen on listening to that 'Wes' guy had to say, and she wanted to see a bit of the scenery before they moved to the city and forest. Babs was beside her, keeping up as she skated slowly. After some thinking, she realized something she hadn't through the excitement of meeting new people. Her Great Grandmother lived in Viridian City- someone she hadn't seen in a least a few years. She supposed she'd split from the group to talk with her- it might raise some concern, but what's concern when you have somebody important to see.
She didn't even notice she was in Viridian until Babs nosed her, and she snapped back into reality from her own thoughts and almost tripped. As she looked around, she saw everyone was distracted with their own things, talking with others and stopping by the Pokemon center. "Come on Babs. Let's go see Grandma.." Monica coaxed her Pokemon away from the group, past the farmers market and to a lonely house that stood with a beautiful garden. Monica knocked lightly on the door, and a frail, yet solid voice came from behind the door. "Who is it?" Monica was quick to answer. "Grandma Mary? It's me, Monica!' She spoke rather quietly compared to her usual, loud and distinct voice- but she wanted to make her Grandma recognize her as the sweet little girl Monica had grown up as. The door then unlocked and opened, revealing an old lady that was about half Monica's height. "Monica! It's been so long..since I last saw you, of course." Monica laughed along with her Grandmother. She looked back towards the group that had just came in contact with Viridian. They would be fine if she disappeared for awhile, no? She then nodded, allowing herself to enter the home, closing the door behind her.
"Hi Grandma." The old woman led her to a table, both of them sat together. "How have you been, dear? I see you've been taking good care of Babs." Monica nodded, Babs moving over to receive pets from the old lady. Monica tilted her head, and thought to herself. She looks happier receiving attention than playing with other Pokemon. Huh. She then thought of an answer to the question she was given. "I've been good. I came here at Professor Oak's request, and I found some friends...you know the deal." Monica's Grandmother nodded, but then got up and opened a cabinet. "I was given an egg a few months ago. I hatched it and have raised it with the help of Earnest." A Persian stalked from a doorway, padding up to Monica. "Oh! That's wonderful. I'm glad Earnest is able to help you." Monica pet the Persian, awaiting her Grandma's next movement. "Persian!" Earnest chimed, and Monica laughed lightly.
"This is Adara. I want you to take care of her, for I am too old to care for such an energetic soul." The old lady lightly tossed a Luxury Ball, and out emerged one of the most beautiful Pokemon Monica had ever seen. It was a Ponyta, but it was no ordinary Ponyta. It had elegant blue flames, and the most humble and friendly eyes Monica had ever seen on a Pokemon. "Really? She's beautiful!" Monica smiled, and the fire horse neighed. "Ponyta!" Her Grandmother then laughed. "Of course. As I said, I am too old to keep her. I am sure she will be useful to you."

Krisseon

Annoyed by the blatant--and rather poor excuse for flirting Wes was expressing to her cousin, Lola huffed and decided to wait outside, her two fox pokemon trotting along beside her. She refused to be subjected to such a cringe-worthy sight. "I will be waiting outside, Amra." She voiced calmly as she exited the Center, not bothering to look back. Once she'd made it to the side of the building, she clutched the egg to her chest slightly tighter, already feeling bad for leaving her cousin alone with such a shameless flirt. But she knew she was perfectly capable of taking care of herself.

Sighing, Lola decided that, sense they'd be there for a little while anyway, she'd take a quick walk around the city for a bit to clear her mind. "Come my darlings, let us stretch are legs." She offered to her two vulpine pokemon with a soft smile, which they responded to with coos of agreement. They began their walk, looking around at the markets and people gathered around them.

"Hey there sweetie. That's a mighty fine egg you got there. Wanna trade? I've got all kinds of rare items." A strange, unfamiliar voice spoke from seemingly out of nowhere. Lola looked around, seeing no one near that the voice could belong to. "Up here, sweetie." The voice spoke again. Lola blinked, confused, and looked up to see a strange boy floating above her. She gave him a look of disapproval, holding her egg close. "Sorry, this egg is not for sale." She announced sternly.

"What a shame." He he sighed, floating down and around her as if he were a light breeze. Lola had her guard up, keeping her eyes glued to the stranger. Kaipo and Hani were on high alert, unsure of the boy's intentions. "Ah, don't be scared. I'm just your friendly neighborhood merchant. Always lookin' for a good deal." He shrugged then added, "By the way, the name's Caspian. Let me know if you change your mind about that egg." And with that, he disappeared, as if he was never there at all. Lola raised a brow at the scene that had just transpired.

Amra rolled her eyes at Wes. She knew he had flirted with her. He made it very clear that he was into her. She turned to Nurse Joy as she brought back her Buneary. "Here you go dear, she is as good as new." Buneary jumped off the counter into Amra's arms.

"Hey there girl. You ready to go. Wes has promised us a nice snack at the café here in town. What do you say?" Buneary noded and climbed up to Amra's shoulder. She turned towards Wes. "I will be outside with Lola. Come meet me there when you get your pokemon back." With that Amra left to find her cousin. When she did find her there was this person talking to her and then he seemed to disappear. "Hey Lola who was that?"

All she did was chuckle as she watched Wes try to flirt with Lola as she kinda felt bad for him. "Poor guy....he was left hanging and well...Idk if I want to say something...I don't really want to be ..you know...rude..."she told Sterling as she lifted up her mask slightly again to look at him with her light blue eye. Bella and Blue had the same reaction as Bella sat next to Fraxure, while Blue rested on her shoulder both having sweat drops. "I suppose you are stuck with me...since the girls...well I won't say abandoned you...just left somewhere else...sorry that you have to stick with me for a while...but I think we should wait for them...its the best thing to do...besides I need to visit someone in Viridian city that contacted me before I left Alola..quite hot over there.."she reminded herself giving a chuckle to herself.

Bella just barked agreeing with her as she pawed at the Fraxure again wanting to play again. "Frou!" She barked wagging her tail. "Bella....hehe don't make him feel uncomfortable you know..."she reminded the Deputante trimmed Furfrou as she slightly moved her mask again to a side position revealing a bit more of her light blue eye but was careful not to show her ears just yet until she was comfortable in showing them to others.-

Krisseon

Lola turned to see Amra approaching her, relaxing at the sight of a friendly face. "He said his name was Caspian. He wanted my egg..." She paused for a moment, deep in thought, then added, "What a strange boy." She spoke absentmindedly, still a bit frazzled by the encounter. He looked like a human, but no human she had ever known was able to levitate like that. His eyes were a strange hue of violet, an incredible vibrancy as well. Almost glowing, really. No, he was no human. But she couldn't quite pinpoint what he was. She made a mental note to keep an eye out for him. He was an unknown factor, and she didn't care for those.

Monica and her Grandmother chatted a bit longer, Monica telling the old lady about her friends and those she had seen along her way. The old lady responded with a laugh. "You seem to have met some wonderful people. I trust more than ever that you can ensure the safety of Adara." Her Grandmother handed her the Luxury ball that had been used to catch the Fire Horse Pokemon. Monica had been lightly petting the Ponyta, and smiled at her grandmother. "Thank you. However. I'd better be going. My friends may be worried if I just go on and leave them." She said, and got up to embrace her Great Grandmother. "Alright dear. Take good care of Adara, and stay out of danger. Grandmother Mary loves you." Monica nodded, and bent down to pet Earnest before releasing from her relative's grip. "Goodbye, Earnest. Take care of Grandma, just like I'll take care of Adara." The Persian nodded, curling it's tail around the older woman. "Persiannn!"
Monica then opened the door, waving to the old lady as she exited. She opted to find her friends, but decided to take a stroll with Babs and her new Pokemon. "Babs, what do you think of Adara?" Adara seemed excited about the Poodle, and Babs was the same, the two circling around each other and playing with one another. She then stopped near the Pokemon center, figuring she would let them play in the open space for the time being.

Well that was brutal thought Wes as he grabbed his Pokémon and exited the center. Outside he saw Amra and Lola talking, they looked a bit confused. Wes got the vibe Lola wasn’t too fond of him so he decided not to risk annoying her by asking what was going on. He turned towards Amra “They’re all better” he said while signaling towards his Pokémon. “Growlithe needed a little bit of TLC, your buneary really did a number on him.” He said as he bent down and ruffled Growlithe’s hair. Then he got back up to talk to Amra “Anyways the cafe is right this way if you still wanna go.” Just as he was getting ready to leave he realized Lola was still standing there. “You’re welcome to come with too, it’s my treat.” He offered to Lola.

Amra looked a little confused at what Lola just told her. "What do you mean he wanted your egg?" Her brow was knitted and looked as if she was really thinking about something. Though she schooled her features when Wes showed up again. She turned towards him and spoke.

"Sure lead the way. I will follow you there." Amra leaned down to the level of growlithe. She reached out and rubbed his head just behind his ears. "Hey I am sorry if Buneary was a little rough. Though I did warn you that we would not be going easy." Amra stood back up and looked towards Wes. "Ready when you are."