• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed 80's Pokemon Journey though the regions (Discussion)

ALRIGHT! Now that I have some free time to spare, now to think of a proper response for Sterling toward JC's (?) violin alongside maybe Fraxure directing him to Monica's Furfrou thus making him meet her.

I have decided to make a second character. I wanted to do something a little different. I asked @Krisseon, if I could make a relative to her character. We come to the understanding that my character is the cousin of hers.
Name: Amra Elwing
Hometown: Hearthome City, Sinnoh
Sexuality: Straight
Looks: She is very tall. She stands at 5'10". She has flawless perfect, pale skin. She is very slim and elegant. Though she is very toned. She has a model like figure. On the side of her head are a pair long point elf ears. The are pierced, and she wears a pair of neon purple earrings. They dangle downwards. She has a silver tribal tatto on her right arm. It goes from her elbow to almost her fingertips. She has very full lips, high cheekbones, and a very classicly beautiful face. Her eyes are a silver-white color. The color runs in her dad's side of the family. She has very long and black eyelashes. She tends to wear some makeup. Her go to's are a smokie eye and a neon pink lip. She has long curly hair. It is a metallic pink color that seems to shine. Her hair is very poofy. It seems to shine in any type of lighting.
Clothing: She tends to wear a black spaghetti strap tank top, black tutu, neon pink leggings, neon green high heels, and a cropped three quarter sleeve jacket in a purple cheetah print. She also wears a neon pink choker, and a necklace that comes almost to her waist, it has a dark purple gem on the end of it.
Personality: She is very outgoing. She lookes very sophisticated but in reality she is very much someone who would rather dance around and be outside. She hates being judged on her looks. She is very competitive when she wants to be.
RP Role: Rival
Goal: top coordinator/pokemon master.
Starter pokemon: Shiny Buneary
Pokemon:

Lopunny
Starmie
Vileplume
Charmander
Electabuzz
Primeape

It'll be hard for Sterling to get a full Dragon Type team very soon, even though we're to travel every region, it's going to be a while and every journey will prove challenging. I'm tempted to have Sterling catch a non Dragon Type or two sometime later for the long run.

That is what Misty and Brock and pretty much every gym leader that traveled with Ash did. Just because you are a certain type trainer does not mean you are limited to that type. That type can be your main focus.

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
I'm having trouble picking pokemon for Lola too, from Kanto anyway. I can definitely see her with others, just none from Kanto. Besides Vulpix.

...Also am I saying the plural version right? Vulpix? Vulpixes? Volpi? Lol I'm honestly not sure.

@Krisseon I went with Vulpixes for the plural because of foxes tbh. Anyways, I'm having trouble with Monica's team too. I was thinking of her catching a Growlithe or Ponyta to get Rapidash or Arcanine but I honestly can't find anything else.

Krisseon

Yeah there's a bit of a trend going on right now with eevees, furfrous and Vulpix I guess. Both Arcanine and Rapidash are great pokemon. Kanto fire types are some of my favorite.

There is definitely a Furfrou trend but atm Furfrou is my favorite Pokemon so I really wanted to give my main char one lol. I want Monica to have more Pokemon though, like maybe...Beautifly, or Sawsbuck.

I might have Monica's Great Grandmother live in Viridian or Pewter City, and give her a Ponyta that has become to big for an old lady to take care of, thus giving it to Monica. I feel like Monica should have her Ponyta early on since she's probably not gonna catch another.

Aw man, someone wants a Sawsbuck! But they're the only Grass/Normal! I guess I can go without, or maybe we can both have one (Even though I don't like to copy teams...). BTW I will not be getting a Furfrou, too many people have one...

Krisseon

I usually go with the pokemon that fit my character's personality best. Like my character Duncan has a Marowak because he was an orphan who met a Cubone who'd also lost his mother. Similarities and such like that. It helps you feel more open to using pokemon you usually wouldn't use!

I usually use a spinner for myself sometimes because I don't know if I should pick the characters I use a lot, an older one I haven't used in a while, or a new one from scratch.

(Usually Pokémon first though eeps, then their trainer if they got any if required.)

E.g.

- Aidan the Axew
- Myles the Mudkip
- Ace the Aron
- Nolan the Noibat
- Joel the Jangmo-o

Quick question! If my character buys ten Pokeballs, will she receive a Premierball, as some sort of 'Buy Ten, Get One Free!' deal that all Pokemarts have?