• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed 80's Pokemon Journey though the regions (Discussion)

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Okay so I think I finally have a solid team for Lola planned out. It'll take her a while to get them all sense they're scattered throughout the regions, but that's fine sense her main objective is to study the pokemon for her career as a breeder rather than catch them for battles or contests. But eventually they can join her, most likely voluntarily due to her passive nature.

Albino Buneary/Lopunny
Sunflora
Dedenne
Gardevoir
Sylveon
Steenee

Kaipo and Hani will be a part of her team throughout the entire journey regardless. (I'm unsure if they'll evolve yet.)

Let me know if anyone else already wanted any of these pokemon prior to me mentioning them. I have backups just in case.

Ack, I got behind because I slept in late this morning and had to get some work done so now I can post and stuff. I hate my insomnia.
Anywho, after a long time of thinking like Krisseon, I think I have a final team for Monica.
The team being, hopefully:
Babs (Furfrou) - I might change the trim but Babs won't change much.
Shiny Ponyta/Rapidash
Wingull/Pelliper
Leavanny
Noivern

I don't know what I'm going to do with Duchess, but she'll probably assume the role of the ferry guide since Yamper has been found out.

Yes but you whole team can not be made up of them. They need to be a little rare. Though Kanto and Johto are connected it is plausible that they would appear in Kanto as well.

@EmoKitty21 I'm having a lot of problems with people wanting the Pokemon I planned out but it's fine, I had already planned a bit of story for it but I suppose Monica can find a Pokemon companion elsewhere? Her Great Grandmother can give her another Pokemon anyways, I'm just tired and I don't want anyone to be upset over Pokemon ;0

Maybe another Pokemon would be a better fit anyways.

I have alrealy planned a back up for it. I did not have a story at all of he got it. I mostly make them up as I go so please don't feel like you have to change. I am flexible when it comes to my team for my characters.

I am thinking of doing a kind of Butterfree sunset release type of deal later on in the RP. So if anyone wants to do that with my character then they can. I am letting you guys know ahead of time so you can plan. I don't have all of the details worked out but I am thinking of adding it to the RP.

I went ahead and made two cards for Sterling.
upload_2019-7-5_23-57-32.png

His Kanto endgame card.

upload_2019-7-5_23-56-25.png

And his final team of Dragon Types.

Krisseon

Yes. They're not far away from Sterling and Monica, her and Amra just went back to Route 1 to get the show on the road and bumped into JC.

Krisseon

So just for the sake of progression and Red Gallade's participation, let's say Sterling follows along with them until they're able to post, sense we're gonna be racing to Viridian lol. Sound good?

@Red Gallade It's really not as much as you'd think- just a bit of chit-chat to be honest. After Sterling and Monica reached the group it was nothing but exchanging conversation really. Monica and Lola are currently chatting about Coordination, Amra is about to battle with Wes (A new character to the Route 1 scene) and the two girls are trying to avoid it, really. Other than that, JC is a bystander who hasn't acted yet.

Hey @Lewish37, I planned for Sterling to catch a Growlithe sometime on the journey, you cool with that or shall I change it to something else?
I don’t mind. I figure there’s gonna be overlaps somewhere and Kanto doesn’t have a ton of fire types. And Growlithe is my main one so I’m not worried about it getting overshadowed anyways plus if I remember you only had Arcanine for one region but I’m gonna keep mine throughout so we will only have a double for one region.

@LunarSilvally. People of different races are not viewed as being different it is a very normal thing in this universe. That should not be something that is used against your character. Also when I made the RP I had stated that I did not want experienced people on the journey. I wanted everyone to be somewhat on the same level. For one thing there is anamorphic wolf character and two elves as well. I am not sure where you are getting at but this is not how I want my RP to go. I do not want people to be the bad guys at all. I want there to be some monsters that only pokemon moves can battle. Right now in this RP your characters seem a bit too much like Mary-Sues. You need to revise some of your ideas and forget about making your characters be the main focus. There are others that need to shine as well.

@EmoKitty21 Is it okay if Babs knows a few TM moves already, as Furfrou's moveset is pretty limited as of it's lower levels? It has a lot of potential with TM moves, though. (Echoed Voice, Attract, Return, etc.)

I'm not making the siblings experienced and that includes their Pokemon and that was only a thought that came to JC's mind since in the past of the siblings was always being chased by evil organizations and JC only has a stragetic mind nothing else but if you don't want any bad guys then I won't add them to my posts @EmoKitty21 if that's what you were trying to say to me and I just like making some of my characters that way, hidden appearances.-

LOL Lillipup can learn all of the fangs moves from breeding, even Psychic Fangs... you cannot breed any Pokemon that learns Psychic Fangs to Stoutland. Bruxish can only breed with Sharpedo and Carvania, who also learn Psychic Fangs from breeding... Why am I saying this? I will not give my Lillipup Psychic Fangs.

@LunarSilvally. People of different races are not viewed as being different it is a very normal thing in this universe. That should not be something that is used against your character. Also when I made the RP I had stated that I did not want experienced people on the journey. I wanted everyone to be somewhat on the same level. For one thing there is anamorphic wolf character and two elves as well. I am not sure where you are getting at but this is not how I want my RP to go. I do not want people to be the bad guys at all. I want there to be some monsters that only pokemon moves can battle. Right now in this RP your characters seem a bit too much like Mary-Sues. You need to revise some of your ideas and forget about making your characters be the main focus. There are others that need to shine as well.
Is it alright that Wes has some experience from training with Blaine, or should I get rid of that?