• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed 80's Pokemon Journey though the regions (Discussion)

A question I have is can Sterling have already gotten his necessarily required Pokemon gear like the Pokedex from his home region's professor?

Yes everything is ok. Just nothing that is against the rules of Pokecharms. So not legendary pokemon and no mega evolution.

Also thank you.

Uh ohs, I better pull my lever to Mach I for my writing bio speed. I'll get it on here as soon as possible after discussing something with the RP creator for a brief moment.

Hints for the Pokémon I am using:
  • It is light blue and greatly resembles a penguin.
  • Most of them have a strong sense of self-pride.
  • It is often seen as a poor walker, but great swimmer.

Uh ohs, I better pull my lever to Mach I for my writing bio speed. I'll get it on here as soon as possible after discussing something with the RP creator for a brief moment.

Hints for the Pokémon I am using:
  • It is light blue and greatly resembles a penguin.
  • Most of them have a strong sense of self-pride.
  • It is often seen as a poor walker, but great swimmer.
I'm assuming it's the Water type Sinnoh starter, Piplup?

Also remember that baby pokemon, like Pichu, Mime Jr., igglytuff, cleffa, are allowed as long as they have an evolved form in that region.

Alright, finished after discussing some stuff with a certain someone and taking some time to think and write.

Name: His name is Povel.
Hometown: His hometown is Sandgem Town, located in the region of Sinnoh.
Sexuality: He is as straight as a new piece of chalk in a professor's classroom.
Species: Piplup | Penguin Pokémon
Ability: Torrent (Boosts the potency of Water-based moves when the Pokémon's health reaches critical levels.)
Height: 1'2.5" | 36.83 cm
Weight: 9.2 lbs | 4.17 kg
Looks: Povel is your normal, everyday Piplup. His fine feathers are in a somewhat lighter shading than a typical Piplup's. Upon closer inspection, he does not have much physical features that would make him stand out as much in crowded areas.
Clothing: Povel wears a small, pale gray body suit that assists with his thin down against the elements. He also wears a thick scarf that has small, blue and yellow stripes on it.
Personality: Povel is described from a nurse to be a troublesome, quirky Pokémon when it comes to him dealing with authority figures. He tends to exploit loopholes if they present themselves, along with easily visible weaknesses in the field of rules. As a result of becoming more with the humans after learning how to speak like one with lots of his leisure time spent, he is more open to conversations and other social interactions that he would of likely steered away from before. He tries to keep everything in moderation, so as to avoid the risk of having too much of something and potential issues later on.
RP Role: He would likely be with the Main Group once he gets to know everyone and such.
Goal: He does not have anything at the moment in this field, though this is always subject to change.
RP Example: (Note: Characters below other than Povel are only being used for the RP sample below.)

Povel carefully tiptoed around the tall grass. The Piplup gazed around the clear skies for a brief moment. A flock of Pidgey happily chirped amongst themselves and swiftly flew past the little Pokémon. Everyone appeared to be having their own business out in the open field. The wild Pokémon were going about their daily lives, while a boy and girl nearby attempted to change that.

One ball was not going to stop a little worm however, for the young green creature simply ducked under the ball to elude the risk of being caught. The boy gave off a light frown, while the girl stomped on the ground with the force of a light quake! The little worm slithered away, as the girl screeched and swiftly pursued the fleeing caterpillar! The Piplup stood in place, rolled his eyes and watched the girl chasing the other Pokémon around in the tall grass.

Sure I don't mind. I know you want normal types are you ok with my character having a Jigglypuff? If you had already planned on having on then by all means tell me and I will find a replacement for it.

Aw man! That is the only Normal/Fairy type! Fine... you can have it. (but I really wanted a Wigglytuff, though I'm not sure if it is going to be on the final team)

You are very welcome. If everyone has their team then they should post it here. What you think you might give your character. I will post mine soon. They do not have to go on your character sheet until you actually catch them. This way we all have a guide for everyone to follow.

Espeon
Shiny Rapidash
Clafairy
Dewgong
Pichu
Bulbasaur or Oddish

Here is what I was thinking for Alex's team. It might change a little bit.

The only team Sterling will have is Fraxure (Might evolve), Bagon (Might evolve) and Dratini.

...And I didn't realize the song Sterling was playing would draw this big a crowd. :blush:

Well Alex loves music. He would have brought out his violin to join him but it is at home. Also you could get a Horsey as well. Kingdra is a dragon water type. Pre evolved forms and and evolved forms that have a stage in the first 150 are ok for you trainer to catch slash evolve into. I don't see why that should be restricted since we will be doing more then one region anyway.

Oh don't worry about it, kinda glad Sterling gained a little more attention. I would've responded more if it wasn't for my headache. If you like, I'll try and see if there can be an opportunity for Monica to interact with Sterling later within the RP.

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
You can meet with Lola if you want! I just posted not too long ago too so she's a little behind lol.

Well we are all still on route one. It is mostly just talking. Nothing has been done that would cause you major problems joining. My character is just talking with a Piplup right now.