• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed 80's Pokemon Journey though the regions (Discussion)

@LunarSilvally, there are not any evil organizations in this RP. The siblings could only be chased by monsters. Even then you still have given JC the ability to understand pokespeak. Then there is the post to @Red Gallade's character about being different from other. People in the RP do not see physical appearance as a difference. Also you have stated a few times now that your characters are Masters at this and that. That is was I am talking about being Mary-Sue. You already have way over experienced characters.

@Lewish37, I can understand where you are coming from with that. Your character is not that experienced compared to how Lunar has stated their character are. He is not a master trainer. That is what I am trying to limit in the RP. It is ok to have experience like that as long as it does not feel too over powered comepared to others.

Is it fine if I make Hilda good at riding Pokemon due to her past in a farm? I mean that could be kinda bad to tag onto her, but I feel like there is good reasoning behind it, if you want an explanation. Also, she might be good at keeping an eye on a herd of Pokemon, also due to her past.

Well if you didn't want me to put that dear you could have told me to edit it, I don't want to Mary sue by mistake and cause the role play to close but yes I did say in one of my post that she was the champion of Alola I could have edited that out if you had mentioned my user @EmoKitty21 and just say she was just a coordinator in training my apologizes if I did that my mistake.-

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Right. So if I may be so bold as to speak up on the situation, it was mentioned from the beginning these were going to be beginner trainers starting their journey. I believe it's okay to have relatives of a higher talent, but the characters themselves were to start out inexperienced for the most part. This is something that should've been considered when adapting our characters to this new environment, rather than a copy and paste version of what we want the characters to be. Adaptation and character progression are very important steps to having a satisfying RP experience. I hope I am correct in my statements and that this helps Kitty to clarify some things? :)

Its alright @EmoKitty21 no worries ^-^, a lot of roleplayers think that because of how my chars are made but I'm not doing it on purpose and I would of had a very high leveled Primarina if I was overpowering which in this case I don't have her on my team and both of the siblings Pokemon level is at 15.-

Yes that is exactly what I wanted from the start of this RP. Thank you @Krisseon for putting it in words for me.

@LunarSilvally. You are not getting what I am meaning. These are trainers that have have little to no training in owning pokemon. This is meant to be a character building RP. Just becuase you have pokemon that are low leveled which should not be a factor at all seeing as this is more of an anime type thing. RPs are meant to be more like the anime. When you take a character that has already done a journey before in this RP then they tend to derail the RP more then help it along.

I think it would be too much for an RP of this type. I could understand it if your character was psychic but it has been stated that only monsters and pokemon are to have abilities like that. This is keep from having characters from derailing the story from the monsters that will show up.

Hmm, I might probably make a rival Pokémon character soon, and lil' Povel seems to be trying to sleep still eeps. I got a feeling that sometimes notifications sometimes appear and then go silent soon after.

Krisseon

New character incoming! With prior approval and everything, man I'm on a roll!

Name: Caspian Gryphinfeather

Hometown: Unknown, as he's traveled for so long on the pokemon planet that he's forgotten his own origins.

Sexuality: Asexual

Species: Shapeshifter; Monster class

Looks: As a Shapeshifter, Caspian's true form is unknown to most, but when approaching humans he is often seen as a harmless looking human boy, seemingly at the age of 18, with slightly messy dark brown shoulder length hair and unusually vibrant violet eyes. His eyes tend to give him away in other forms, as the color never changes. He stands at an impressive 5'11".

Clothing: Staying with the times, he wears a simple black t-shirt, black skinny jeans and white adidas shoes with a shoulder bag containing valuable items he sells to people. It's decorated with different colored patches.

Personality: Passive in nature, Caspian is a tired, thousand something year old being with very few things that motivate him these days. He's a free spirit, coming and going as he pleases, only really interacting when it would convenience him in his travels, or if he's curious enough. He's rather blunt about things and will speak his mind to anyone who will listen.

RP Role: Drifter/Merchant

Goal: None in particular

Abilities: Along with his shapeshifting abilities, he can also levitate and float about in the air freely, and teleportation to appear and disappear without a trace.

Starter pokemon: Sprite the Shiny Ditto

Pokemon: None yet

Well we can do that. Though it could also be that they stay with the group and just push each other to be better. That might be what happens.

Alright whatever you think works best, I was just suggesting it cause personally I get a little confused trying to keep track of everything that’s happening with such a large group, and two or three smaller groups would simplify it.

Important Notice

Everyone I have an idea for later on in the rp. I plan to have a Butterfree release later on in the rp. It will be kind of like how Ash released Butterfree in the anime. I am letting everyone know so they can plan on it if they want to be apart of it.

Just know that you don't have to be apart of this. I just thought it might add something to rp.

If you guys have any ideas like this, then let me know. We can add things like this if we all want to participate in it.​

Sorry for the extra long reply on my end, everyone- if you want to ignore it you can, it's just Monica meeting with her Great Grandmother to obtain a shiny Ponyta, an event that has been in my planning since we first started talking about end-team Pokemon for Kanto. ;0

I understand it completely. I loved the post.

Also can everyone let me know what everyone thinks about the butterfree release. This does not have to count towards you team at all. If you guys want to be apart of it.

@EmoKitty21 Ah, thank you. I worked pretty hard on it, I'm always excited for family connections through RP so haha.
And for the event, I'm pretty excited, the Butterfree release along with the other releases in the anime were so sad and sweet, so I'd love to see it recreated in a beautiful combination of the thoughts of a completely different, and compassionate trainer.

Krisseon

You already know I like it lol. Have you had any other ideas for the reason behind the release? My only idea so far has been an external love interest, but I think if we put our heads together we can come up with a really captivating backstory for it. Maybe it could even be a tradition of some sort.

Well in the the anime it was said ghat Butterfree had to be released in order for them to ever be able to reproduce. I was thinking we could do something like how they did in the anime.

What if instead of a love interest butterfree found its younger sibling (also shiny) and had to go take care of it cause it was injured or something.

Well that would not work as well. My character Alex would would rather just take them in and care for them. He is not the type to let them go until they are better.

Krisseon

Oh. I kinda liked the idea of it being a tradition. It's a little more original to our own plot, y'know? But that's cool. The anime version is just as nice a concept! Lola probably won't be releasing anyone though. She only has Kaipo, Hani and an egg for now lol. Well, depending on when the release will take place.

Well in the anime it was a tradition as well. It happened every year at the same time. If you remember they all gathered and lifted in the air on hot air balloons, then they released their Butterfree in the aur for them to find their mates and travel across the ocean to have their eggs.

Krisseon

Oh! I must be remembering things wrong or somethin'. It's been a while since I've actually watched the series, so I'm not surprised lol.