• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Bella of course smiled as she was glad things were well for him, and she had to agree even with her own knowledge of dueling going into the School she was impressed there seemed to always be something new to learn. Course, when the topic shifted to what she seemed troubled by she had let out a sigh as she figured being honest would be helpful here.

"I suppose, not so much "bothered" per say but there has been...this weird thing..." Bella confessed, as she worked to pull her deck out of her belt and scanned her cards before she looked Lance in the eye.

"Guess since I've been on this island, I've had these...weird, I want to say sensations, that I think are from my deck. But that makes about as much sense as one sprouting wings and flying, so I've been puzzled over what it is..." Bella answered her fellow Obelisk Blue.

----------
Zack seemed to be assured by the panicked reactions, he could see how Weasel had gotten them under line so easily, as his anger seemed to fade while he sat relaxed as he was then asked why he had done his suspension-worthy deed which caused a sly smirk to cross the Slifer Red's lips.

"Had it coming. Lipsticks decided that someone had stolen his lunch for the afternoon, and of course he blamed a Slifer for it so as a dorm we all got punished by having our curfew meal suspended. I took issue with that, and well an argument broke out before his nose was the neck thing broken." Zack declared matter of factly.

Willow couldn't help but smirk as one of the Obelisks seemed to know who they were. "Well, that makes things easier for us. Since you already know who we are, we don't need to introduce ourselves." Upon hearing the offer that the Obelisk gave Tobias, the smirk turned into a scowl. Although the boy seemed the most reasonable out of them all, he was still the enemy. "And how can we be sure that you and your little gang will do the same when we beat you? We already know that you lot don't care much about legality, how can we be sure that we can trust your word?" The Gladiator Beast duelist asked, the same intensity in her eyes as when she looked at Rina. She was ready to fight and if she didn't know better, her deck was too. Her wrist was probably getting irritated from the duel disk and the sweat stuck underneath it that she had worked up from the trip, but it felt as if the area below her deck was heating up.

------------------

Bob couldn't help but feel bad for Tracy, her streak of losses really hurt the female duelist and he really did not know how to comfort her. Settling on some awkward words, he tried his best to cheer her up. "Listen Trace, you only had one duel so far with your new deck. I'm sure the tides will change for you." Right after the words left his lips, Blowback Dragon turned its head and shook it.

"Really dude? The tides will change for you? That's just sad."

Ignoring the criticism of his spirit, the Ra Yellow shook his head before exiting the card shop. "Follow me." As he led the way to the Kid Cache he knew of, his mind ran wild as he tried to think of cards that would boost his deck and that of Tracy. Having to find support for a Water deck instead of a banish deck should be easier, but he didn't get too far. He thought about Barrier Statue of the Torrent and Tornado Wall, but that wasn't enough in his opinion. There had to be more.

After Bob arrived at the wall that lead to the Kid Cache, he turned around to look at Dahlia and Tracy. "You're going to have to take a running start for this one, I'll stay on top in case you need a hand." Taking a running start, Bob jumped and landed on top of the wall. "Alright, next! Don't worry about not making it, I'm here to help if needed.

"Look at you, gallantry in the flesh. What's next, holding hands with Tracy?" Blowback Dragon quipped before Bob snapped at the spirit and hissed at them.

"Will you shut up for once? My god, you have no off switch, do you?"

Kenny took in a deep breath. Good lord, did that fresh seaside air feel great after a sleepless night. The Gaia duelist couldn't exactly remember how long he'd been able to rest. The very second his eyes finally drifted shut, his alarm clock went off...or that was what it felt like, anyway. Worse, he hadn't been able to catch the noisemakers that had kept him up in the first place.

Luckily, the classes today hadn't been particularly interesting, which gave him an excuse to catch up on some sleep. And for once, being a light sleeper worked in his favor- Crowler's yelling and the students' chatter woke him up before clown man himself could notice he'd been slacking. Thankfully. Detention was about the last thing he was looking for right about now.

In fact, he wasn't quite looking for a what, but rather for a who.

He still felt bad for the way Dahlia and he parted after the tournament. Even if he hadn't been the one to say hurtful things about Tracy (thanks Goule), he could at the very least check up on his new friend. Kenny hadn't really made a lot of those since he started at Duel Academy, so it was best to at least attempt to nurture the few friendships that seemed to come up.

As Kenny got to the dorm, he noticed a black-haired Obelisk girl -not Dahlia- leaving the place. Perfect. He didn't know where Dahlia's room was or whether she was even at the dorm at all right now, so he'd planned to ask around in either case. "Hey!" he waved, "Do you by any chance know where I can find a girl named Dahlia?" Would have been nice if he'd known her surname, actually. Or maybe even the deck she used. "Obelisk Blue. Brown hair?"

Maya looked at Kenny with confusion in her eyes, a Ra Yellow? What did he have on his mind that involved her? When Dahlia's name was dropped, the girl smiled. "Uses Trap Monsters, just a tad uptight? Yeah, I know her. We dueled this morning, though I'm unsure where she is now. I have no way of contacting her either. Why? Do you have a question for her? If so, I can relay it to her when I see her again. Although I have to admit, I was about to go on a walk and see if I could find her. If you want, you can join me." Whilst she was talking, Maya tried to place Kenny's face. She'd seen the boy before, but where? That was a concern for later though, as finding Dahlia had a higher priority.

Well, at least she wasn't one of those Obelisks. The kind that didn't even bother to hide their contempt for any student in a dorm below them. Not that he particularly minded encountering those- it was always fun to knock them down a peg, especially when they underestimated his Gaia deck.

"Nothing to pass on really, just came to visit," Kenny replied. Though, if Dahlia wasn't at the dorm anyway, there wasn't really a point in him hanging around there. And besides, the fresh air was doing wonders for his mood today. "If you're offering, then sure, I'd be up for a walk," the Gaia duelist continued, "Name's Kenny, by the way. Ra Yellow." He paused, looking down at his yellow-colored blazer. "Though that's probably obvious."

"Maya Garcia in Obelisk Blue, nice to meet you Kenny." Maya smiled at the boy when realisation struck the girl. "Kenny, you wouldn't happen to be the same Kenny as the one who dressed up as Gaia the Fierce Knight right? I knew you seemed familiar!" With the issue of Kenny's familiar face solved, curiosity arose. "I assume you have a Gaia deck then? You gotta tell me all about it, Gaia the Dragon Champion was one of the coolest cards to me when I was a kid."

Beckoning Kenny to follow her, Maya started her walk at a pace that Kenny should be able to maintain whilst talking. "What got you inspired to use a Gaia deck, if you even use one? To my knowledge, Gaia the Fierce Knight itself is not that good for a level 7 normal monster. A Summoned Skull or Cyber-Tech Alligator would be stronger and cheaper for that matter. Though there's a decent amount of support for it nowadays, so perhaps the original Gaia isn't even in your deck?" The girl fired question after question at Kenny, ecstatic about finding someone else who probably used Normal monsters.

Kenny's face brightened significantly when he heard Maya recognized him from the contest. Excitement, the likes of which rivaled the adrenaline he felt right before the costume contest, welled up in him. Finally! Another cultured student! "Yup, that's me!" he replied. His grin would have made Saggi the Dark Clown jealous. "Gaia the Fierce Knight has been my favorite monster for as long as I can remember! The noble knight, born from chaos, galloping on his trusted steed through hordes of evildoers... He's everything I could ever aspire to be!" Subconsciously, his pace picked up, so that he easily kept up with Maya.

"Gaia may not be that strong for a level 7 normal monster, true," Kenny eagerly continued, "But there's more to a monster than level and attack." His hand moved to his duel disk, tapping it gently. "And with this here deck, summoning Gaia and his dragons will never be an issue! The core is obviously Gaia the Fierce Knight, but I've also got some Curse of Dragon, chaos, fusion and normal monster support in here! Y'know, stuff like Birthright, Necro Fusion and Chaos Grepher! I'd never be able to pass up on using the original Gaia either- he's the reason I started using this deck, after all! Heck, it took a while, but I have at least one copy of almost every single Gaia the Fierce Knight and Gaia the Dragon Champion monster in my deck! It only misses Swift Gaia, who didn't really synergize."

He turned to face the Obelisk girl, having gotten a bit lost in his monologue. "What about you? You seem to know a lot about normal monsters too! What kind of deck do you use?"

"I use a Phantasm Spiral deck, and I just made a Levia-Dragon Daedalus deck this day. Phantasm Spiral is a series of cards that heavily supports Normal monsters with traps and equip spells that allow you to special summon Phantasm Spiral Dragon from anywhere and equip it with the equip spell, which then triggers a secondary effect like discarding a card from your opponent's hand. It also has a field spell which searches out any Phantasm Spiral card from your deck if you summon one Normal monster that turn and summons a token if your opponent activates a card effect. The traps require you to control Normal monsters and can be activated from the hand if you have Umi on the field, and the field spell is always treated as Umi. It works great when used alongside Skill Drain, especially since the effect monsters that I do have never hit the field. I don't mean to brag, but I am very proud of this deck. I beat Dahlia under five turns this morning, though that was mostly due to my deck being way faster than hers and Twin Twisters being in my opening hand."

Maya grinned as she scratched her cheek with her index finger, not wanting to sound like a stuck-up Obelisk. "I'd say the biggest weakness of the deck is the fact that the cards are so damn rare, I only have two Phantasm Spiral Dragons and 11 support cards, including the field spells. It is by no means perfect, but I like it a lot and it has done wonders so far. Phantasm Spiral Dragon does not have any noble feats to call its own, but its card lore is interesting in its own way. Phantasm Spiral Dragon's original form is Spiral Serpent which laid huge cities asunder with huge whirlpools. Eventually the Atlanteans hunted it down, but could not manage to slay the Sea Serpent. Battle-weary and ragged, the beast came across Pacifis, the Phantasm City which gave it new strength. Reinvigorated by the ancient light, the now Phantasm Spiral Dragon set out to invade enemy territory and it actually broke up a deadlock between Poseidra, the Atlantean Dragon and Fire King High Avatar Garunix. Whilst I'm not going to invade anyone's territory, I do have to respect its strength and the way that Spiral Serpent found hope and strength when it was at its lowest point."

Noticing that she'd basically become an English teacher, Maya laughed sheepishly. "Eheheh, sorry. I tend to ramble at times, it's not often that I meet someone who actively decides to use Normal monsters as something else than fillerr."

"Phantasm Spiral Dragon, huh?" Kenny mused. It wasn't the most famous of monsters, but Kenny was familiar with it nonetheless. "When I first built my Gaia deck, I actually considered making it a hybrid Gaia/Phantasm Spiral deck with lots of normal monster support, before settling on my Dragon Champion deck!" The Phantasm Spiral build was one of the four builds he'd initially considered, but it was discarded for two reasons. The first was the same reason the Black Luster Soldier idea was abandoned- it took the spotlight away from Gaia the Fierce Knight. That was something Kenny couldn't allow. The second reason...well, if Kenny wanted to make Gaia look as this mighty monster-slaying warrior, it'd be thematically quite weird to pair him with one of the creatures he was supposed to vanquish.

Levia-Dragon Daedalus was a monster he was less familiar with, despite the card being far more widely known than Phantasm Spiral Dragon. If he recalled correctly, it was a water monster that could wipe the field when Umi was in play? Could be strong, but as Kenny learned while playing his Gaia deck- a card's power only matters if you actually could bring it out, and he very much doubted that a monster with that strong an effect would be easily summoned.

"I beat Dahlia under five turns this morning."

What.

To be fair, he hadn't seen Dahlia duel yet, but still. One didn't get to be Obelisk Blue for no reason. "Your Phantasm Spiral deck must be pretty strong on the offensive then, huh? I'd definitely want to test my Gaia deck against that sometime." He couldn't help but be interested. A powerful, offensive deck, with a huge sea monster as its boss? How could he not be interested?

He shrugged dismissively at the girl's last sentence. "It's cool, it's cool," he chuckled, "I don't think you wanna see me get carried away when I start about Gaia."

Maya tilted her head as Kenny mentioned that he once thought about making a Gaia and Phantasm Spiral deck, an unusual combo to say the least, but one she could understand. The Normal monster support would help any deck with Normal monsters, so there was no real reason not to use them other than their rarity. "Ambitious, do you still have any Phantasm Spiral cards? They might come in handy later." As Kenny showed interest in a match, the Obelisk grinned. "Give me a time and place and I'll be there. I love a good duel, and Gaia would be a huge nostalgia trip for me. I preferred Dragon types and I still think they are awesome, but young Maya loved the idea of a knight riding a dragon regardless of ability."

"My deck can be very overwhelming at times, yeah. Unless you have a solid wall or backrow, your life points just get grinded away. It's also fun to see people struggle to figure out what type Phantasm Spiral Dragon is, wanna try a guess? Dahlia thought it was a Sea Serpent if you think you can do anything with that info."

Maya shrugged in response to Kenny's prediction. "Who knows? I might find it interesting, it never hurts to learn more about cards. Even if Gaia and Curse of Dragon have no place in my deck, I can respect the fact that they are still viable to this day. Gaia is bound to have more lore than Phantasm Spiral Dragon, that's for sure."

"Well, I didn't actually end up getting the Phantasm Spiral cards," Kenny explained, scratching his head sheepishly, "It was just an idea for a deck, after all. Besides, they seemed pretty rare to me. Gaia already has enough rare cards to get as is, so that's another reason I benched the idea, I guess."

"Give me a time and place and I'll be there."

He groaned. The Gaia duelist felt like he had many strengths. Planning absolutely wasn't one of them. "I...don't actually remember when I have stuff planned," he admitted, "I usually just go with the flow."

"The...type of Phantasm Spiral Dragon?" Kenny frowned. That had to be a trick question somehow. She wouldn't ask it otherwise. "I know it's not a dragon, I guess, but..." Back when he'd considered his hybrid build, he'd hoped that the Phantasm Spiral Dragon could also be used as one of the fusion components for his Gaia the Dragon Champion fusion monsters. No such luck. He did recall that it was a rare type, but nothing beyond that. "I don't really remember, to be honest," he eventually spoke up after a moment of thought, "Sea serpent?"

"Anyway, you say your deck is overwhelming?" Kenny's playful grin returned. That sounded familiar. The exact same words he often heard after his opponents got ran over by Gaia's fierce charge, in fact. "Gaia's like that too. When he hits you, he hits you hard! I've also got a lot of searchers, like Gateway to Chaos and Artillery Catapult Turtle, which make sure that I can keep up the pressure! Like, just summoning Gaia the Magical Knight with my Artillery Turtle already is enough to guarantee me a fusion monster without needing Polymerization, if I have Curse of Dragonfire in my hand or graveyard!" Kenny's excitement slightly overtook his sense of preservation. A prudent duelist would have kept his stronger combos to himself before he dueled a potential rival. Kenny was not one of these prudent duelists.

"Ayyy, same here! High five!" Maya raised a hand for Kenny to slap as a grin decorated her face. It was a wonder that she was in Obelisk Blue with her horrendous planning. If she made a schedule, which was rare to begin with, she never followed through with any of them. The only schedule that she followed was the class schedule, and that was it. "Oh no, they are stupidly rare yeah. I've spent more than I want to admit to get these damn things, at least they are very strong which makes it worth it."

As Kenny guessed Sea Serpent after mulling it over, Maya attempted to tap the boy on his nose. "Bzzz, wrong answer! Sorry, dear contestant! The correct answer is Wyrm, not Sea Serpent or Dragon. So as cool as Gaia is, he technically won't be a dragon slayer in our duel. Too bad!" In the meantime, the boy was rattling off combos that his deck was capable of. It was endearing, but also very dumb. From what he told her, the Gaia deck relied heavily on monster effects. If only she had a card that can shut those effects down or something, who knows what would happen? But that was way too unlikely. "Kill the motor there, bud. I don't want an essay on how your deck works, I never was good at learning from paper, practice is way better for me."

Spencer chuckled before shrugging.
"I like your confidence kitty, but that's an if, not a when. And a pretty big if at that. So I'd say, don't worry about it." Spencer said. Seeing that Willow was content with her opponent, the blond Obelisk Blue sighed and ran a hand through his hair before walking back across from Tobias. Jira glanced nervously between his friends and the Obelisk students. For a moment, it reminded him of an old western standoff.
"I wanted to duel the kitty, but I guess you'll have to do. Come on then, Swordsman. Let's see if you can duel as well as you swing that weapon!" Spencer said, offering Tobias the first move.

Seeing that they were going forward with the duels, Rina looked back to Willow.
"I watched your duel in the cosplay competition. Let's see how well you do against someone who really knows about returning cards to the hand?" Rina taunted Willow. "I draw!"
The Obelisk Blue Girl glanced through her hand before placing a card on her Duel Disk.
"I summon Mist Valley Falcon, in attack mode!" Rina said. Rising from the monster card appeared a what looked like a human woman with short white hair. She had brown, feathered wings that emerged from her back, and was armed with a glowing silver sword and small shield decorated with a red eye. The monster gave Willow a cocky grin, and its stats read 2000 ATK and 1200 DEF.

"Now I'll just set one card face-down, and end my turn." Rina said. Another set card appeared on the field behind the Mist Valley Falcon.

Rina's LP: 4000
Rina's Field: Mist Valley Falcon, one set card in S/T zone.
Rina's Hand: 4 card.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy looked to the wall nervously, taking a deep breath. Getting a running start, Tracy jumped to the wall. She wasn't quite able to make it all the way up, only managing to get her top half on the wall. With a bit more effort, Tracy was able to pull herself onto the wall. It appeared that Bob had been... talking to someone?
"Did you say something?" Tracy asked Bob.

Making sure Tracy made her way up the wall safetly, Dahlia gave a run at it. The athletic Obelisk Blue was able to jump onto the wall without much effort, and looked over to Bob.
"Alright, where to now?" Dahlia asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is that so?" Lance asked. The third year student rubbed his chin, mulling over what Bella said. "Well, like I said it's not unusual for Duel Academy to give students strange feelings. Especially strange feelings about their cards, or duel monsters themselves. I think it's something to do with the fact we're all so far away from civilization, surrounded by Duel Monsters in both cards and classroom. But I know there's others that might hold a different opinion on strange feelings like that."

Lance chuckled.
"But, if my explanation doesn't satisfy you, you could always check out the Occult Club. They're a rather strange group, but can have surprisingly good insight at times." Lance said. He hesitated a moment. "What sort of sensations are we talking about here? As in something physical, like tingles? Or more like the feeling you get when something is watching you?"

Kenny eagerly raised his hand to meet Maya's. Man, that felt good. He didn't usually get this comfy with others, certainly not that quickly, but something about the Obelisk Blue girl just clicked with him. It definitely was nice for a change to meet someone with a mindset close to his own. "If I had a penny for every time someone told me I need to make a schedule..." he replied, "But, anyway. A bunch of my Gaia monsters didn't exactly come cheap either, heh."

And then he felt a tap on his nose. Surprised, Kenny eyed the finger that just entered his personal space. Again, not something he was used to. "Wyrm...?" he mulled, recovering from the surprise. He thought he would have remembered a type like that, but apparently not. Heck, was wyrm even a type? "Are you...trying to prank me here?" he asked, unsure, "I mean, I believe that you know what type it is, just don't remember ever seeing it before."

"Kill the motor there, bud. I don't want an essay on how your deck works, I never was good at learning from paper, practice is way better for me."

Kenny sheepishly scratched his hair. "I did warn you I could get a little ahead of myself. But same, actually! I mean, I did do some research to build my definitive Gaia deck, but that was only after I'd already played it for so long!" He conveniently left out the part where his first draft lost more than it won. Lost a lot more. Though it was probably natural for a duelist to rack up losses rather than wins when they first started dueling with a half-baked deck, Kenny still didn't particularly like mentioning it. "Anyway, I'll make sure you'll get well acquainted with my combos when we have our duel!" he continued, grinning.

"Call me kitty again and I will show you my claws, rat." Willow spat at Spencer before looking at her adversary. "Knowing is one thing, pulling it off is a whole different thing. Let's see if your skill can match your words. My turn, I draw. I set one monster face down and set one card face down before I end my turn. Your turn, damnati. Do your worst." The Gladiator Beast said as she glared at the girl, not fearing the monster with 2000 atk. The Colosseum would guard her, she was sure of it.

Willow's LP: 4000
Willow's field: One set monster, one set card in S/T zone
Willow's hand: 4 cards

-------------------

Bob looked at Tracy with slightly bewildered eyes as he felt his back heat up, did she hear him? "I didn't say anything, it must've been the wind." Breaking eye contact with the girl, he waited until Dahlia got up as Blowback Dragon began heckling him, swirling around his body and talking over his shoulder like some kind of inner demon.

"Oh? Are you lying to your friend again? Why, ashamed to admit that I exist? Would it tear apart your whole worldview? Or is it your pride that prevents you from admitting that you talked to me? You and I both know that I exist, your outburst just now is evidence enough. You know, once Tracy bonds with her spirit, there's a chance that she discovers me and what happens next? She'll take offense to you lying about such a trivial thing and she will doubt everything you say. And that's in the scenario that she stays your friend, because she could easily leave you and then you're all alone against big bad Weasel. Isn't that your biggest fear? Being alone with no one to turn to? You can't lie to me Bob. I've been around you for longer than you know, I've seen your heart and it belongs to me. If you keep hiding behind your front of a tough, uncaring person, you'll only hurt those close to you in an attempt to not get hurt yourself. And work on that temper of yours, you know that it will be exploited."

The spirit's words were harsh, but they hit their mark. Letting out a sigh, Bob whispered out of the corner of his mouth. "Just....later." Flexing his fingers and letting out a sigh out of what could easily pass for a sigh of stress, the Ra Yellow made his way to a nearby wall and tapped on a small painted face of a rodent-like animal. "This is the sign of a Kid Cache, and this," Bob said as he reached into the wall to retrieve a box of some sort. "Is what they look like. This one happens to be a food cache, but Weasel told me that there were also caches spread around the school and island containing prank materials back when I was a part of his little gang. This is the only one I know of, but I am sure that they also have some kind of marking like this one." Putting the cache on the ground, the boy opened it for the girls to see the contents of the cache.

Grinding the sole of his shoe on the ground, the Machine user scratched his neck as he looked at the sky. He felt stressed and the relentless gaze of his eyeless spirit did not help his situation. "Ummm, have either of you heard of...spirits before?"

--------------------

"If I was trying to prank you, I wouldn't do something as elaborate as this beauty." Maya grabbed her Phantasm Spiral deck and sifted through it before showing it to Kenny. "2900 attack and defense with no cards like Dragon Capture Jar to completely stun it, no wonder it is rare as anything. You can touch it, but be very careful. I only own two after all. Many Wyrm monsters are rare though, I've only gotten a handful of them."

"Combos huh? What are you planning to do, trying to wipe my entire field? Do you have Chaos Emperor Dragon in that deck of yours? There's no other dragon that would be worth slaying, other than the Blue-Eyes White Dragon which you can't possibly own. Although you could've robbed Seto Kaiba and stolen them. Hmmmmmm." Maya leaned forward and furrowed her brow as she looked intensely at Kenny before giggling and bursting out in laughter. "Ahahahahaha! Oh, what an incredible image! Some random kid managing to break in and steal the most prized possessions of the most successful businessman and duelist around! Could you imagine something like that happening?"

"Damn-what?! Watch your mouth, I thought after that cosplay duel at least you'd not be profane during duels!" Rina shot back angrily. The Obelisk Blue girl drew a card to start her turn, glaring at Willow angrily. Rina looked through her hand before looking back to Willow.
"I'll show you the dominance of Obelisk Blue. I activate my spell card, Harpies' Feather Duster!" Rina announced. A spell card appeared in her spell and trap card zone, displaying the image of a light blue feather. A blast of wind shot from the card, straight towards Willow's spell and trap card zone.
"Say goodbye to your face-down card there!" Rina said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy became slightly more concerned when Bob answered her question, glancing away. It was sort of similar to the way that he had responded when she asked about the cosplay competition duel... Bob led the pair to the cache, and Dahlia took a close look at the marker. Tracy on the other hand took a closer look at where the cache was hiding and what it was hiding in.
"Alright! We've got a heading!" Tracy said. The girl began to look through the contents of the cache. Sure enough, there was food inside. No signs of prank gear, however.

When Bob asked his question, the girls looked back to the Ra Yellow with confused expressions.
"Like... ghosts?" Dahlia asked.
"Or alcohol?" Tracy asked.

Willow crossed her arms in disapproval, it would seem that this girl was high in rank, but low in intelligence. "If I wanted to be profane, I would not use the name of a gladiator class. Though I suppose I should've expected such a reaction from someone who willingly wants to desecrate this place. Damnati were slaves sentenced to die by the hands of gladiators in the colosseum, so show some respect for those who lost their lives here!" The girl shouted as Rina destroyed her face down trap card.

"You destroyed Gladiator Beast's War Chariot, though using Harpie's Feather Duster is excessive on your second turn. I will not try and teach an Obelisk Blue how to use cards, for you should know that by now." The Slifer Red maintained eye contact, unbothered by the destruction of her trap. The conditions for it were not met anyway and she got rid of a powerful card at the cost of a trap that she could recover. She'd been in worse situations. "Continue your turn."

---------------

Bob scratched the side of his neck, avoiding eye contact with either one of the girls. "Not alcohol, I'm too young to drink and have no way of getting it. I mean like.....how do I say this...Duel Monster-like ghosts? Never mind, it is a dumb topic. Don't worry about it." The boy immediately dropped the topic of conversation, seemingly being very interested in the nose of his shoes as Blowback Dragon shook its head in disappointment.

"Pathetic, running away from confrontation just like that? Is the fear of being shunned that big?"

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Tragic they know me only for my swordsmanship, but nevertheless...

The slightly perturbed archaeologist prepared himself, giving him a second or two of silent prayer before opening his eyes, throwing his right arm to the side dramatically, sending his scarfing blowing in the wind.

"Very well, as the eternal guardian of all artifacts holy or otherwise, it shall be by distinct authority!"

He was quick to draw his six cards. Looking at them, he elected to pluck two of them out, placing one in defense position and one face down.

"A monster and an uncertain oddity shall join us in this little scheme." Tobias spoke. "Now, what tricks shall the likes of you bestow upon the battlefield?"

Tobias's life points: 4000
field: Facedown, set monster
Cards in hand: 4.

Having slowly came out from behind Braxer during overtime during the conversation, Bix found himself enthralled in the tail, the bigger one also nodding his head along with it. Soon enough, the run was seemingly hopping in place in excitement.

"Wow! That's so gutsy! I couldn't never have done something like that!"

"Preach." Braxer agreed. "Could only imagine the sound that guy would make."

"And the look on his face!!"

This spawned a bit of laughter from the pair, it looked like this was going to be quite a good partnership between the trio. Meanwhile, Weasel looked onwards from a light distance, but not enough to be excluded completely. Three lights hovered near his shoulder, ones that only he could see. Chuckling, he crossed his arms as he watched the idiots.

"See? Told ya you had nothin' to worry your little heads about."

So that was Phantasm Spiral Dragon. Kenny'd seen images of the card online, but this was his first time seeing one in the flesh...or in the paper, anyway. "Looks menacing," Kenny noted, "But that's a wyrm alright." He waved dismissively at the card. "I don't have to hold it to see that you're right, anyway. Besides, I wouldn't want something to happen to your card. Gaia knows what I'd do if someone damaged one of my rarest cards."

"Chaos Emperor Dragon?" Kenny chuckled, mulling over the idea, "It's a bit out of my budget, but it would be a good fit for Gaia nonetheless. Nah, I use other chaos monsters and dragons. Some of which you may find more than strong enough for your liking as well," he added cheekily.

"Hey, I'm a duelist that follows the path of Gaia!" Kenny protested after hearing Maya's joke, "If anything, I'm the one that punishes burglars!" He frowned. "Though, knowing Kaiba, I don't even think he needs any protection of the kind." Kaiba's obsession and skill with the Blue-Eyes deck was well-known in the dueling community. Kenny highly doubted he even kept the deck in a location where it could possibly be stolen. "I guess that I wouldn't be able to do anything to a thief skilled enough to nab that deck of all decks."

Rina gritted her teeth as Willow shouted at and condescended to the Obelisk Blue. This Slifer Red wanted to think she was stupid? Fine. Perhaps Rina could even pull that to her advantage.
"Oh, come on! You don't actually think ancient Greeks managed to make their way out here to the middle of the ocean just to build a fighting pit and nothing else, do you?!" Rina said to Willow, purposefully getting some details wrong. If she could ruffle Willow's feathers, perhaps that would cause the Slifer Red to lose her cool and make a mistake.

The Obelisk Blue girl looked through her hand, considering her next move.
"I'll summon another monster, the Mist Valley Thunderbird, in attack position!" Rina said. A bolt of lightning struck down next to Willow, and emerging from the lightning was a bird-like creature. It had fellow feathers and long, orange tail feathers, and its body had lightning patterns on it. It let out a screech as its stats displayed 1100 ATK and 700 DEF.
"Next, I'll activate my Trap Card! Begone, Knave!" Rina commanded. The Obelisk Blue's face-down card flipped face-up to reveal a trap card, one depicting a knight casting out an armored soldier. "Now, when a monster deals battle damage it is returned to the hand!"

"Now, time to attack. But in order for Mist Valley Falcon to attack, I need to return a card back to the hand. So I choose Mist Valley Thunderbird." Rina said. Mist Valley Falcon grinned, taking up a combat stance. Its wings flapped, creating a massive wind that began to blow Thunderbird away. But before the Thunderbird could disappear, it appeared to restablize in mid-air and shoot back to the field in a bolt of lighting.
"This in turn activates Mist Valley Thunderbird's effect, which will special summon it back to the field!" Rina said. The Obelisk Blue pointed to Willow's face-down monster. "Now! Mist Valley Falcon, attack that monster with Swooping Slash!"
The woman let out a cry and jumped into the air, propelled by her wings. She swooped down to the face-down monster, slashing at it with her sword.

LP: 4000
Hand: 3
Field: Mist Valley Falcon (ATK), Mist Valley Thunderbird (ATK), Begone, Knave!
Grave: 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, so we're getting dramatic, huh?" Spencer asked Tobias. The Obelisk Blue drew a card with a flourish. "The mission, should I choose to accept it! Discover the location of the mysterious colosseum, infiltrate it, and recover the rare cards hidden there! I'll take you down with the skill and suave of a true super agent!"
Spencer glanced at his cards, then grinned.
"Speaking of missions, I think I'll activate one now! I activate SPYRAL MISSION - Assault!" Spencer said. A spell card rose from the ground, depicting a man in a brown suit with a blond pompadour fighting a crowd of other men in black suits and sunglasses.

"Next, I'll summon SPYRAL Tough!" Spencer said. There was the screech of tires, and sports car pulled up in front of the duelist. A buff man with blond hair, dressed in a blue suit, stepped out of the car. He had an earpiece, and was carrying a green metal suitcase. The man flexed as the sports car drove away, and his stats read 1900 ATK and 1500 DEF.
"With SPYRAL Tough summoned, I'll activate his effect. Once per turn, I can guess if the top card of your deck is monster, spell, or trap. If I guess it right, SPYRAL Tough can destroy one card on the field. I'll have him target the card in your spell and trap card zone!" Spencer explained. SPYRAL Tough reached into his jacket, pulling out a device which he fiddled with as he pointed it at the face-down spell or trap card.

"Now I'll guess... Monster card!" Spencer said, pointing to Tobias.

~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy still looked confused, but Dahlia approached Bob.
"Duel-monster ghosts? You mean duel spirits?" Dahlia asked Bob. "Yeah, I know a little bit about them."
She glanced over to Tracy.
"In fact, I'm surprised you don't, Tracy. I think they were supposed to be a pretty thing for spirit day or whatever it was, since it wasn't just school spirit, but also duel spirits. Or something like that." Dahlia said. She turned a curious eye back to Bob. "What's up?"

"Of course I don't think that, they're all dead and this island is in the middle of nowhere. It probably is erected as a location used for an event of sorts." The second Willow heard Ancient Greeks, she knew it meant one of two things. Either her opponent was a fool or she was trying to anger her. Giving the Obelisk girl the benefit of the doubt, she probably was trying some sneaky tricks. If she wasn't, Willow just lost a lot of respect for Obelisk Blue and its students.

As Mist Valley Falcon attacked her face-down card, a living heap of charcoal was revealed as Charcoal Inpachi flipped up. At 2100 defense, it lived the attack, though Begone, Knave sent it back to the hand. "Field's empty, I say go for it. I've handeld worse than this."

--------------

Okay, so Dahlia knew a little bit about them. This wasn't as bad as it could've been. Looking up to the sky to avoid eye contact, Bob held the back of his neck as he spoke up again, knowing that Blowback Dragon was watching him. "It's really nothing, I've just been seeing things like Blowback Dragon. I probably need to drink less caffeine and get more sleep, it's just stress."

"Oh puh-lease, this ain't stress. Accept your role as a nutcase, then we can move on with our lives." Never one for delaying, Blowback Dragon began to heckle its partner who desperately tried to shift topics.

-----------

"Those are big words for a big man, and I have yet to see you grow. I'll take you on any time! I'll let you know, I am not easily satisfied. If Dahlia had better luck and still lost that fast, I would still be itching for a fight." Maya returned Phantasm Spiral Dragon to her deck and stashed it away before flexing her fingers.

"Hey, a compotent thief doesn't mean they're a compotent duelist. You don't need to know how to fusion summon to swing a baseball bat around. I should know, the extra deck is called the extra deck for a reason. No disrespect to people who use it, but I never found a way to truly make it work."

"...So then it is your objective here, your task to see through to completion...the mission."

Tobias began to understand to some degree. This was not for their own cause, but the cause of another. Giving a hmph and getting into the swing of it once more. Flipping a round the top card of his deck, he revealed it to be in fact, a monster card. Golem Sentry as a matter of fact.

Closing his eyes as the attack effect took it's course, the facedown was obliterated, ribbons of purple blowing by him as a extend to full height trap card was destroyed. Opening his eyes as he stared down his appointment, the teen looked stoic.

"Is this the outcome you yearned for?"

Mist Valley Falcon's attack was repelled by the Charcoal Impachi, and the winged beast landed back next to Rina. Rina didn't react as her Life Points fell to 3900, but the Obelisk Blue girl simply shrugged. A blast of energy from Begone, Knave! sent Charcoal Impachi flying back to the hand.
"Lucky for you, Mist Valley Thunderbird got tuckered out from using his effect, so he can't attack. So that's all I can do." Rina said, ending her turn. She put a hand on her hip. "But you can't really think that those people were able to make their way all the way out here? What did they have, canoes?"

LP: 3900
Field: Mist Valley Falcon (ATK), Mist Valley Thunderbird (ATK), Begone, Knave!

~~~~~~~~~

"Actually, yeah." Spencer said. "Because that activates my SPYRAL MISSION - Assault. Since one of my SPYRAL monsters destroyed an opponent's card by battle or card effect, I can draw a card."
SPYRAL Tough flexed again and grinned as the SPYRAL MISSION - Assault card glowed. Spencer drew another card from his deck. Glancing at it for but a moment, Spencer pointed to Tobias' face-down monster.
"Alright, SPYRAL Tough! Take down that monster!" Spencer commanded. The warrior listened to his ear piece for a moment before nodding, then charged at Tobias' face-down monster in an attempt to body slam it.

~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia raised an eyebrow at Bob's explanation.
"Right..." Dahlia said. Tracy's confusion turned to concern, and she approached closer to Bob.
"Did you... er... do you think that you're seeing Blowback Dragon, like, as a ghost?" Tracy asked. He had mentioned that strange other Ra Yellow, Goule, occasionally. Goule was a member of the occult club, Tracy was pretty sure. "Or what other things were you seeing?"
"I mean, it sounds like you've been pretty stressed lately from all that Tracy and you told me." Dahlia said.

Last edited:

"It appears an agent that sells their soul to the devil gains advantages towards those who do not." Tobias spoke candidly, before thrusting his arm to the right. "But heed thy words, the only place a servant of hades shall call home is the gates of the underworld itself! Reveal monster!"

Suddenly, as the agent went to body slam the monster, the card quivered before erupting into a large display of a holographic body. It was a verdant warrior wielding two massive blades, two which were imbedded into the ground.

Sentinel Soldier of Stone: 1300 ATK, 2000 DEF.

The monster gave out a low bellowing sound as it would take the attack, due to the agent being weaker attack stat wise, this should prove no substantial obstacle.

Willow rolled her eyes, this was not so much a duel between cards as between brain cells. "Personally I don't think that Greeks or Romans got this far, they tended to stay in Europe and only interacted with Asia for trade. No way would they mess up trade relationships for the chance of finding unclaimed land. My turn, I draw. I set one monster face down and I end my turn. If you're interested and this was a different scenario, I'd be willing to teach you. That isn't the case though, so take your turn." It was a slow match, but she had to be careful to not get completely stopped by Begone, Knave! She had a plan in mind, it just took a while to get off.

Willows LP: 4000
Willows field: One facedown monster.
Willows hand: 5 cards
-------------------

"It's nothing, just like I said. I'm just stressed, that's why I'm seeing and hearing my favorite monster. Nothing to worry about, it's just stress. I shouldn't have brought it up anyway, it'll just bother you two." Bob tried to casually wave away Tracy's concerns, knowing full well that the girl would probably spend way more time than was healthy thinking about this scenario.

"HEY! GIRLS! I AM NOT FAKE!" Blowback Dragon yelled, knowing full well that only Bob could hear them. Floating in front of Tracy, they waved their tail back and forth to get her attention. "Hello-o! Right in front of ya, it's the spirit of your boyfriend! Open those peepers, girl!" The plan was to either get seen or for Bob to get so annoyed that he spilled the beans, either one would work.

SPYRAL Tough slammed into the stone monster, but was knocked back. The spy grinned, rubbing his chin as he took up a fighting stance once again. The shockwave lowered the Obelisk Blue's LP to 3900, but Spencer simply shrugged.
"Eh, I've got LP to spare." Spencer said. "That's my turn. You're up."
As he spoke, the number 1 appeared on the card art of SPYRAL MISSION - Assault.

LP: 3900
Field: SPYRAL MISSION - Assault, SPYRAL Tough
Hand: 5

~~~~~~~~~~

"Right. With that face-down, it's going to take more than that to stop me." Rina said, drawing a card to start her turn. "I think I'll keep up the heat. I'll summon another Mist Valley Falcon to the field!"
With the same animation as the first one, a second copy of the white-haired winged warrior woman appeared. The two winged beasts nodded to each other, facing down Willow.
"Like I said before, in order for them to make an attack they have to return a monster from the field to the hand. But Thunderbird will special summon itself back to the field when that happens!" Rina said.

The Obelisk Blue pointed once again to Willow's face-down.
"Now, my first Falcon! Attack that face-down monster!" Rina commanded. The first Falcon jumped into the air once again, slashing down towards the face-down monster with a misty blade.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Bob..." Tracy said. Something seemed to move in front of her face, and Tracy paused to attempt to swat whatever it was away. The Ra Yellow girl sighed and put a hand on Bob's shoulder.
"I know things have been really scary lately. But you've got to take care of yourself." Tracy said. "You've already shown us what to look for, for today. Maybe we should just head back? If you're seeing things, you really should get some rest. Relax. Maybe even spend some time in the sauna or go for a swim. Just do something that gets duel monsters and this whole situation off the brain."
Dahlia still watched Bob with a suspicious eye.

Once again, Mist Valley Falcon was met with a Charcoal Inpachi. "Deja vu, non?" As almost a complete replica of last turn played out, Charcoal Inpachi was returned to the hand and left Willows field completely empty. "I hope your lack of knowledge on history is compensated by your dueling skill, go on. Continue your turn, it's not like I can stop you." Willow crossed her arms, dissatisfied by her current situation. She could come back, but she did not like her current situation. There were no fail saves if the girl was able to counter her next move, this was her only shot.

----------------

Unable to avoid eye contact any longer, Bob looked into Tracy's eyes and let out a sigh. "I can take care of myself later. I'm young and resilient, I've had worse. I'll relax later, I promise. If I don't, you...I dunno, get a free card of your choosing. I've made a promise to myself that I'd do whatever I can to get my revenge, and I never break promises. Trust me Trace, I'm going to be fine." The Ra Yellow forced a watery smile on his face, though Tracy was right. Even without Blowback Dragon, he never was truly relaxed. There always was that underlaying stress that never died down.

As Tracy attempted to swat at them, Blowback Dragon shook its head as her hand phased through its body. "That's kinda rude, I'll go hang out with her instead." Floating over to Dahlia, the spirit became a bit more serious. Either she was incredibly closed off to spirits or there was something else going on. "Alright, Blue Babe. Let's check if I've been able to open your heart a bit more." Swirling around Dahlia, the machine spirit cackled at the girl

Rina grinned.
"Falcon number two, keep up the pressure! Attack!" Rina commanded. The second Mist Valley Falcon leapt into the air and slashed at Willow as it flew by, effectively cutting Willow's LP in half if the attack landed. The Obelisk Blue girl smirked, putting a hand on her hip.
"So if the Romans didn't make it all the way out here, then they obviously weren't the ones that built this place. We ain't in Rome, so stop acting like it." Rina said.

LP: 3800
Field: Mist Valley Falcon (ATK), Mist Valley Thunderbird (ATK), Begone, Knave!, face-down spell/trap

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy listened to Bob as her concern seemed to grow.
"I don't want a free card, Bob, I want you to be alright." Tracy said. The girl crossed her arms. "This talk about revenge... I know how you feel, but it's not good for you."
Tracy sighed before glancing away.
"If all this is causing you to be so stressed and exhausted that you're hallucinating, that's a major red flag! That happens when, i dunno... people go without sleep for long periods and stuff! I know you made a promise to yourself that you'd do whatever you can, but did you really mean whatever you can, all the time?" Tracy asked. "Look, if resting because your body and mind needs to recover isn't a good enough reason for you, maybe one regarding this driving force of revenge is? How are you supposed to..."
Tracy sighed again.
" 'Get your revenge.' If you're so tired and wired that you're seeing things that aren't there?" Tracy asked.

Meanwhile, Dahlia took a step back from the conversation and watched the two. She wasn't really too sure how to process all of this. The Obelisk Blue girl simply frowned as she made her way over to the wall the Kid Cache was hidden in and leaned against it. She appeared to be totally oblivious to the duel spirit.

Last edited:
"Not so fast, doll face! I activate the effect of Gladiator Beast Noxious, which allows me to special summon it when an opponent's monster attacks directly and it cannot be destroyed by that battle." A bipedal cheetah hit the field, crossing its arms to take the attack. "Since you inflicted no battle damage, your Falcon stays on the field. However, since my Gladiator Beast battled and stayed alive, I can tag it out. I special summon Gladiator Beast Bestiari!" Noxious jumped back into Willows deck and made place for an avian monster. "When Bestiari is special summoned by the effect of a Gladiator Beast, I get to destroy a spell or trap card on the field and I choose your Begone, Knave!" Bestiari shot a wind bullet at the trap card, hoping to shatter it. "It does not matter who built this place, I will not allow you to desecrate school property! If you want to spray paint, find somewhere else to do it!"

Willows field: Gladiator Beast Bestiari (ATK)
Willows hand: 4 cards

-----------------

"I...." Bob was ready to retort, but he couldn't. Tracy not only made some very good points, it actually hurt him to see his friend like this. Was he really that big of a mess in her eyes? "I....I don't know." Letting out a sigh, the Ra Yellow let himself fall onto the ground to sit and hold his head up in his hands. "The plan I had in mind was to get Weasel exposed so that he gets the punishment he deserves, but I have no clue how to do it. I have always been able to focus all my energy on one task, but those had a plan that I could follow. This is different. I've spent more time than I'm willing to admit thinking about things, but I always hit a roadblock. I keep tossing a coin, yet it never lands how I want it to land."

As the boy managed to confess his frustrations, Blowback Dragon felt ignored and therefore hurt in their pride. Instead of doing the rational thing of walking away, they decided to stomp on Dahlia's head to vent their respective frustrations. Meanwhile, Bob saw all of this happening and let out a deep sigh, this could not be real.

"I'm seeing Blowback Dragon stomping on Dahlia's head, this is horrible. I know you two can't see this either, so I might as well be a mad man. I've heard this spirit before I got backstabbed, so surely it can't all be stress. Is there anyone who knows what to do that isn't a member of the Occult club? I really can't take creepy rituals on top of whatever this is."

Turning its head, Blowback Dragon mocked Bob. "Oh come on, ya wuss! You know what is going on, stop trying to rationalize this and accept it! Open your mind for once, you're so damn rigid! Everything needs to have an explanation or a perfect way of doing things, what's wrong with relaxing once in a while and taking things for what they are? Your girlfriend over there is more in tune than you, and she doesn't seem to be aware of her own spirit, so what gives?"

Rubbing his face, Bob mumbled his next sentence to avoid Tracy from thinking any less of him. "She's not my girlfriend, for crying out loud."

"...Then it is my turn to display my prowess as a duelist. And as a credible threat to your operation."

Drawing, he knew the enemy had seen golem sentry to be his next card. While he had 5 cards in his hand, he had to play this carefully, else he may just end up losing this match. ...No, that certainly wasn't on the table.

"I'm sure you know what's coming. I call forth upon the ancient guardian of the Temple, Golem Sentry, In attack position!"

Placing the card on the field, the place tumbled as a rock guardian erupted from the ground, shaking off sands and rock that had gathered on it's body, stoically looking over at his foe.

Golem Sentry: 800 ATK, 1800 DEF.

"And now I shall play the spell card: Attack the Moon. This card allows me to destroy one spell or trap my opponent controls, so long as my rock monster shift their designated positions. And that's exactly what I intend to do. Golem Sentry! Retreat into the sands whence you came!"

The sentry shook before swiftly submerging into the sands. The brisk pace of this thrusting movement caused a tsunami of sand. The sand wave flew up, going in to wipe the continuous card on his opponent's side of the field!

"Yeah I suppose, though you think it would take a month or so for the whole being alone on an island thing to hit me to that degree, I least hope it is not a sign of going nuts." Bella chuckled, given this was a highly populated island she hoped to avoid the "island craze" thing she had heard in shipwreck stories. Given Duel Monsters had been a part of her life, it did seem natural or least she hoped it was.

Though the mention of some Occult Club had gotten her attention as she raised an eyebrow.

"We have an Occult Club on campus? Gotta admit I get things like theater or history club but that surprised me..." Bella admitted, before she was asked to describe what she had felt to this point. "...well, to be specific, I think it's almost like I sense something in the Deck, like something I don't know kinda looms over me and I feel the source from it." Bella explained, though her unfamiliarity with this seemed to show in spite of her best efforts.

----------
"Ah that was the best part. I swear he let out the highest pitch scream you could ever hear. Poor bastard was crying!" Zack said with a big grin as he seemed pleased that his little infamous tale had impressed the two little followers as he noted Weasel seemed to watched with a pleased grin on his face.

Course, he seemed to warm up to them, in spite of it being at most a "tentative" alliance, least for now.

"So then what now?" Zack mused, more curious what else this mad "genius" Weasel had in mind, now that the formal meetings had been underway. More so, he wondered just what Weasel had in mind for him beyond taking part in this little duel competition.

Rina protected herself with her duel disk as her Trap Card exploded into pixels. She winced and glared at Willow. Things would get a bit more difficult in this duel with that gone. Rina let out a breath, rubbing her chin as she looked over the new Gladiator Beast.
"A cool monster." Rina said. But Mist Valley Falcon was still more powerful, and she had two of them on the field. Then again, the Gladiator Beasts did have the power of contact fusion. The fact that Willow had one monster on the field meant it could quickly become one much more powerful.
"I'll set one card face-down, and end my turn." Rina said.

LP: 3800
Field: Mist Valley Falcon (ATK), Mist Valley Falcon (ATK), Mist Valley Thunderbird (ATK), face-down spell/trap
Grave: 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spencer braced himself as the SPYRAL MISSION card was destroyed, but still didn't seem rattled by it.
"A good agent keeps his cool when a mission goes wrong. I'll take it in stride." Spencer said with a grin. The Sentry Golem disappeared into the sands, but Spencer made sure to note that its defense was weaker than SPYRAL Tough's attack. He could still handle this.
"Well, anything else?" Spencer asked Tobias.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lance chuckled at Bella's surprise of the occult club, and listened closely as she described the types of feelings she was having.
"Hm... So you're getting the feeling from your deck, like something is looming over you..." Lance said. This definitely felt like a duel spirit of some sort... or it could just be this girl he just met was a little off her rocker. Lance preferred his former theory to the latter, but he'd have to be patient about it.
"Like I said, the occult club is full of unusual people even for duelists, but they can sometimes have surprising insights on these sorts of things." Lance suggested. "But that is truly strange. If it is any comfort, I don't think you're going crazy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy crouched down with Bob as the boy sank to the floor, trying to comfort her fellow Ra Yellow by rubbing his back. He was breaking down, and looked like he was on the verge of crying... And seeing Blowback Dragon jumping on Dahlia's head? Tracy looked over to Dahlia, confused. Dahlia looked up, but saw nothing but sky. The Obelisk Blue girl looked back to Bob and Tracy, shrugging awkwardly. This whole situation felt awkward to Dahlia. Bob said something quietly that Tracy couldn't quite catch, but it sounded like it was a reply to something.

Tracy looked up to where she thought Blowback Dragon supposedly was, right above Dahlia.
"Is... is Blowback Dragon talking to you right now?" Tracy asked Bob. The girl bit her lip nervously, and tried to approach this from a rational angle. Although Tracy didn't quite believe that Blowback Dragon was really there, perhaps she could trick Bob's mind by 'talking' back to whatever Bob was seeing?

"My turn, I draw." Willow flashed a grin as she looked at the field and her hand. This was just what she needed. "I set one card face-down and enter my battle phase. I then activate the Quick-Play spell Gladiator Beast United! By shuffling Gladiator Beasts listed on a Gladiator Beast fusion from the field, grave or hand into my deck, I get to special summon a Gladiator Beast fusion monster. I shuffle Bestiari from the field and Alexander from my hand to special summon Gladiator Beast Gyzarus!" A giant bird in armor appeared out of a tornado, showing off its respectable 2400 atk stat. "Whenever Gyzarus is special summoned, I get to destroy two cards on the field and I choose Mist Valley Falcon and your set card!" Gyzarus fired off two twisters to destroy both cards, attempting to wipe 50% of Rina's board without even attacking. If she didn't have a counter, she'd be in a bad spot.

Willow's LP: 4000
Willow's field: Gladiator Beast Gyzarus (Atk), one face-down S/T card
Willow's hand: 2 cards

---------------

The friendly touch of Tracy was to be expected, but Bob wasn't prepared for it. Rubbing his temples, the Ra Yellow tried to get his mind together without trying to focus too much on Tracy's gesture. He knew that it would break his façade if he did, so instead he tried to answer Tracy's question. "They're about to, right now they are laughing. It sounds like clattering cans, just like it did when we first met." Listening carefully, the boy began to tap his leg in a rhythmic fashion with his fingers. "They're saying that when you entered the card shop, you walked through them and shivered whilst Dahlia had no reaction to them."

Taking a deep breath through his nose, Bob continued. "I began seeing them when I met with Goule of the occult club, which was right before Weasel showed up. Although Goule and Blowback Dragon both said that the monster was a spirit, it could very well be some kind of combination of fumes and stress." Rubbing his face, the boy groaned. "This would be so much easier if someone else could see the damn thing or if I never brought it up in the first place. Though I suppose it is in character for me to get myself into a big mess, if that is any relief."

"Then I suppose it would be safe to assume you shall have such countermeasures for when this operation reaches its abrupt conclusion? You shall find no corner of this cursed planet to hide from thy judgment, fiend. The curtains close on my turn, with this face down, it falls."

Tobias's vocabulary filled speech ended as he set a card down in the spell it trap zone. It was anyone's game, however, he sought to claim it before his foe could even muster an attack that could penetrate his rugged defenses.

Tobias's life points: 4000
Monsters: Facedown (Golem Sentry), giant Sentry of stone (DEF)
Spell and Traps: Attack the moon, Facedown.
Cards in hand: 2

Weasel grew a crescent moon shaped grin as Zack spoke of what was to come next. It appeared the gremlin already had that figured out. He slyly walked toward him with the steps of a feline, tracing around the trio.

"Why, I'm glad you asked! You know Bob, the one who had your position? Well ya see, when he betrayed us, I went ahead and took action to make sure he never gets in our way again. I broke his pride, strangled his place in this school, but his spirits remain unshaken. If *I* were in his shoes, I'd be plannin' some kind of retribution."

That's when he slid in a few inches between Zack's face, putting a finger up as of to boop his nose.

"And we can't have that~"

He then let himself fall back first into the ground with a *Whump!*. Thrusting his hands into the air dramatically, the boyish duelist continued.

"I want you to shatter his spirit! Break his will! Bang! Patow! Sproing! I want nothing left of him to come to bite us back! Gahahaha! And what a better way to do that but to grind his hopes into dust but to see he's got a superior replacement, not even 24 hours after he was booted! Gutsy? Yes, bold? Of course, genius? 100% posi-tiv-ley AWESOME!"

Snapping his fingers, it seemed to be the signal for Braxer to pick the pipsqueak up by his jacket, propping him back up like and action figure.

"Sound like a job you can handle, Edge McGee?"

Last edited:
"Well I appreciate the support there..." Bella chuckled, as she least had one guy who believed she was not crazy. Course, Bella had been unfamiliar with the concept of "Duel Spirits" so she had lacked that assurance to give a reason, but the more she had heard of the Occult Club the more she had grown curious.

"Thanks, means a lot and uh, if I wanted to ask about this curious mystery to the members there, where would I find the club room?" Bella asked Lance, as she still had been a new face on campus and thus lacked familiarity with where she'd be able to find everything. So she hoped Lance could least point her in the right direction, as the sooner Bella had this whole mess sorted the sooner she could focus on more productive matters.

----------
Well one thing was for sure, this guy had an energy to him if nothing else. He could see how this guy could "inspire" people to his cause, even if that cause had extended to pranks to screw with everyone else as he seemed to spark some curious if not vague ideas in his mind as Zack folded his arms over the back of his head and had a light grin.

"Uh huh, and by break his spirit, how do you envision that? In this hypothetical of course, with my deck or fist~?" Zack asked, as it was clear Weasel not so subtly implied he'd be sent to teach a lesson to this former member of his. One whose defection Weasel seemed a touch sensitive on, but Zack of course had kept that bit of commentary to himself.

Bob, he was the guy who he had spoken with earlier, was supposed to go to some meeting later in the day to discuss the war on Weasel and his pranks. While Zack presented himself as an ally to Weasel, in truth he had been in the middle and was eager to play both sides to see which one swayed his interest more. A figurative free agent, not that either side would know of this of course where had the fun in that be?

Either way, he faced Weasel and waited for the "boss" to provide clarity.

"Whichever one you think the most effective and fun~"

Weasel didn't seem to care the method, letting their new member do whatever I took to accomplish the task at hand. After all, how else would you know an underling's speciality if not to let them loose?

"Ya sees, I don't really care if he has a broken strategy or a broken jaw, all I want is for that pesky little spirit of his thwomped for goodsies!

"Those are big words for a big man, and I have yet to see you grow."

Kenny wasn't sure whether she'd intended to do it, but the comment inevitably drew his attention to his shorter build, to his frustration. Biting back a snarky comment that would definitely sour the mood, Kenny crossed his arms and put on a slightly forced grin. "Just winning isn't enough for you, huh?" Putting his hands behind his head, he looked up to the sky pensively. "That's another thing we have in common then. What's the win even worth if you completely curbstomp your opponent? I'm here to have duels against strong opponent." He looked back at Maya. "And to beat them, of course!"

"No offense taken," Kenny assured the Obelisk Blue girl, "Coming from a duelist who likes to take advantage of the extra deck. Not having to draw my monsters to play them does wonders for my consistency." He paused, scratching his head shortly. "Though I guess that you do have to draw the cards necessary to actually play extra deck monsters."

Jacques woke up with a blistering headache and a blistering sensitivity to the harsh sunlight; he found himself lying flat on the ground, limbs stretched as if he had collapsed from exhaustion and been left -- or he'd gotten knocked out. Maybe it was that. The French (Canadian) duelist's head throbbed and his body felt heavy. He could hear voices chatting in the distance, close enough to tell it was a boy and a girl, though far enough away that he couldn't discern their conversation.

Forcing himself to sit up, Jacques heard the gentle rustling of leaves and pinecones as they rattled down off his body and onto the ground. He checked his left arm; his duel disk was still attached to his wrist. On his right wrist, his watch, untouched on the surface but no longer keeping time.

As he stood, the Ra duelist reached into his jacket, breathing a sigh of relief when he found his cards still there. He started walking toward the voices holding the conversation nearby, looking off to the Obelisk Dorm looming not too far off. The 2nd-year student held his head like it was a loose wrecking ball, peeking out, pained, when he was close enough to tell what the voices were saying -- and, lo and behold, he saw a Ra boy and Obelisk girl chatting.

"No offense taken," The boy was saying to the girl as Jacques limped over to them from the distance, "Coming from a duelist who likes to take advantage of the extra deck. Not having to draw my monsters to play them does wonders for my consistency." He paused, scratching his head shortly. "Though I guess that you do have to draw the cards necessary to actually play extra deck monsters."

"'Allo?" Jacques called out to them when he was close enough, his thick French (Canadian) accent slurred even more by his dazed and confused state, "Wood ei-zer ov' you 'appen to 'ave ze time?..Eh, ehm, or, ze day?"

Aaaand Rina's suspicions were confirmed. The Slifer Red was able to whip out a very powerful Gladiator Beast, but Rina wasn't about to just sit there and let it take over.
"I activate my Trap Card, Icarus Attack. With this, I can tribute a Winged-Beast monster to destroy two cards on the field. So I'll destroy your Gyzarus, and your face-down! The sky isn't big enough for both your birds and mine!" Rina said. Her face-down card flipped up to reveal a Trap Card, depicting a winged person being struck with a powerful bolt of lightning. A bolt of lightning shot from the card, blasting through one of the Mist Valley Falcon. The blast continued through the monster, shooting towards Gladiator Beast Gyzarus and Willow's face-down card.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, then. My move." Spencer said, drawing a card. The Obelisk Blue placed another card onto his Duel Disk. "I'll activate another copy of SPYRAL MISSION - Assault."
Just like before, the spell card rose from the ground depicting the same art.
"And next, I'll summon out a little gadget to help me with my mission. I summon SPYRAL GEAR - Drone, in defense mode!" Spencer said. A suitcase appeared next to SPYRAL Tough, and emerging from it was a small silver drone with four propellers. It had a camera on its underside, and two small little arms on the front. It's stats read 100 ATK and 100 DEF. Immediately, the drone flew over to Tobias and began to scan his duel disk.
"When SPYRAL GEAR - Drone is summoned, I can look at the top three cards of my opponent's deck and rearrange them in any order I choose." Spencer explained.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Of course. It's in the east wing, room 307." Lance said. "Come, I'll show you to it."
The third year student gestured for Bella to follow him as he made his way down the hall towards the east wing. Lance had theorized that many students had strange or paranormal feelings here at duel academy, but either brushed them off or elected to forget about it. So it was unusual for Bella's case. These strange feelings that Bella had been having must be exceptionally potent. What did that mean? Did she have an unusually powerful spirit?
"So at what moments did these strange feelings occur?" Lance asked Bella as they walked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shivered in the card shop? Tracy blinked before looking back to Dahlia once again. Dahlia was still unsure of what to do, and shrugged again helplessly. The Obelisk Blue wanted to take Tracy and get as far away from this crazy boy as possible, but she had a feeling Tracy would not be on board for this plan. Tracy looked back to where she thought Blowback Dragon might be before sighing and shaking her head. This was going to seem rather silly.
"Well..." Tracy stood up and cleared her throat, brushing off her pants before facing where she thought Blowback Dragon was.
"If you really are there, uh... Blowback Dragon..." Tracy spoke. "Do you, uh... think that you might give Bob a break? He's kind of been going through a lot lately."

"Tracy..." Dahlia groaned quietly, rubbing her forehead.

Willow cussed silently, she could not use that in the slightest. Gyzarus got struck by lightning and so did her trap card, Waboku. "I activate Gladiator's return from my hand. I get to shuffle three Gladiator Beast cards in my graveyard back into my deck and I choose Gyzarus, War Chariot, and United!" The three cards were extracted from the grave and shuffled into the deck. "Not only that, I also get to draw a card!" The Slifer Red drew her card and grinned, perfect. "I normal summon Gladiator Beast Laquari in attack position!" A pillar of fire erupted from the ground before circling around the humanoid tiger it had revealed. At 1800 atk, it was a respectable monster. "I attack Mist Valley Thunderbird! Fire Lash!" Laquari made a whip out of the flaming circle and lashed out at the little bird, attempting to incinerate it.

Willows field: Gladiator Beast Laquari (Atk)
Willows hand: 1 card

------------------

"A duel where I absolutely crush my opponent is fun, don't get me wrong, but it gets boring after a while. You need a strong opponent to learn from, to improve your deck against, to have a drive to beat them. And I get your point of view, but my deck is so normal monster focused that the only fusion monster that would be of any use would be First of the Dragons, and even that card does not really help the rest of my deck. I'd rather have more useful traps and spells than a fusion spell card that does not benefit my deck. Of course, when your whole deck is built around it, you generally also have fusion spells that help the rest of your deck, but I don't have that luxury." Maya said to Kenny, basically ranting as someone walked up and spoke in the thickest French accent she'd ever heard.

"Uhh, damn. Kenny, you speak French? I only know English and Spanish." The girl repeated the sentence in her head a couple of times before recognizing the words 'time' and 'day'. "The time and day? It's about 3 PM on Monday, why?"