• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Bella listened to Bob as he clarified making sure that Weasel goes down took priority over "saving" him as he mentioned he could pass her a number and seemed to really try to get Bella to believe in that mindset. Bella however believed this was not an "option A" vs. "option B" scenario and had the assurance in herself she could bust Weasel and prevent Bob from taking a fall but she nodded to him all the same.

"And I appreciate you putting your trust in me. And believe me, I will do whatever I have to do to bring justice to this school and this pranker in their place. You have my word on that..." Bella assured Bob though the latter seemed to speak to the air next to him which caused Bella to raise an eyebrow. "Uh what was...?"

Soon enough a pair of students walked in to interrupt her own question, one of which being the girl who had confined to her about Weasel's true nature. "Hello Dahlia." Bella waved and smiled though it seemed her friend, Tracy, had an alternative reason for coming to the card shop beyond some deck adjustment.

"What is what thing?" Bella asked, as a Slifer Red came in and seemed to point at the open air, though as he had something in her belt seemed to react to it. That feeling again, Bella had not been sure what but it was like something tried to will itself from her belt but that had to be nonsense, right?

----------
So it seemed this guy was a touch too high on himself though Zack of course kept that comment to himself.

Regardless Weasel seemed to try and sell him on the pitch as it seemed Weasel was the "gracious" teacher here and his aim least on a front to Crowler if he were to be believed and try to sell it as a rags to riches story. Taking the most troublesome of the first-year students the year before and having him shaped into a model student.

Regardless of it being a bunch of crap or not, it seemed to least get Zack's interest as he had an amused smirk.

"Well, if that is how you'll pitch it I won't mind getting a slide to this little Kaiba Cup or whatever. Though if you try to give me an actual lecture well let's just try not to make this Weasel go "pop" if you catch my drift." Zack said with a tone that made it hard to tell if it was just a tease or a masked threat.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
"Oh My, is my little delinquent already showing relapses? Wouldn't that be unfortunate..." Weasel joked, however truthful he may have been. "Let's be honest here, we need to seek the act. So prepare for fake lectures if need be~"

This Pompous Prince of Pranks gave a small fit of chuckles. He did love messing with people, it was per tradition. This guy certainly had the balls for the position. But did he have the dedication? That'll be left to be seen. Wouldn't I be amusing if he faced Bob in the upcoming tourney?

"C'mon buddy, look at the bright side! A future ready to be reaped, souls ready to be used and absurd until they cry for our entertainment! Talk about a gig of the lifetime, ha! Let's just hope you can duel as good as your rep sheet is long!"

"I believe that's a student with the title of fool, an incredibly annoying one at that." Bob scoffed as Yohei left, even his brother was not that insufferable whilst he used the same archetype. So it was just Yohei, Fossil Fusion did not influence someone's personality. He could not imagine having that guy as a brother, he'd rather have a nerd than a jerk. Both were not that appealing, but atleast a nerd could be nice. Then again, the fact that Trevor was an older brother cancelled the nice factor of a nerd out quite nicely. Attempting to make eye contact with Bella again, the boy spoke up as Blowback Dragon floated down from the roof, never too far away from Bob.

"You're confident in your skills to take out the vermin? Then I won't intervere with your work, do what you need to do. I shall be watching your progress with great interest, best of luck to you. Any further questions for me?" For Bob, the conversation was almost over. The ball was now in Bella's park, it was up to her to continue the match or to call it quits.

"Man, that kid's a total nutcase. No one points out spirits, or atleast they shouldn't. He's lucky I'm not malevolent, or I'd haunt him for all eternity just to mess with him. Maybe something like that can be done to your little toothache as well?" Blowback Dragon suggested before letting out the clanging laugh. It was agonizing that only Bob could hear the noise, but it beat being public laughing stock like that boy was.

---------------

"March forward until dawn, my comrades!" Willow spoke dramatically before dropping the act. "I'll let you two lead the way, you seem to have a better understanding of the location of this supposed colosseum. Once we're there. it's my element though. If it is a copy of the Colosseum in Rome, then I should be able to find my way around pretty easily. I still have a picture of the map on my phone, you never know when it could come in handy."

Bella seemed to smile a bit, least if nothing else he seemed to support her motion and when asked about questions she merely had one thing on her mind. "Well I suppose if you'd be willing, other associates of Weasel would help me paint a picture of those he is trying to influence around here." Bella asked simply, again she seemed to not see the duel spirit that had hung over Bob's head.

Though the duel spirit and Bob might've seen something of interest from Bella. In specific, this momentary flash behind her of what seemed to be a black mask that faded as quickly as it appeared. Once more Bella had this odd feeling from her pocket but she seemed to not register the phantom image as she waited for Bob to answer her question.

---------
"Consider it me warming up to the "trial" phase." Zack mused back, cheeky of course though it seemed that Weasel's plan was a go and while he was not a fan of the fake student idea if it fooled Crowler and it stayed pretend he had no real concern playing his part.

When the subject shifted to his dueling skill, Zack smirked as he raised his arms behind his head and seemed as cool as one could be almost taking that as a challenge. "Oh? Is that a question of my ability from you? Well I may be just some "trash" Slifer Red if that lipstick fool would be believed but you'll find I can handle the best of this school."

Zack seemed to have no shortage of natural confidence though he quickly turned his gaze to him. "Speaking of your delinquents, who else do you have under your thumb?" Zack asked, curious who else was among Weasel's "posy" as it were.

Last edited:
Jira rubbed his arm where Willow had lightly punched him, he quickly shook it off as Willow and Tobias declared their intention for adventure dramatically.
"Alright, sounds like a plan!" Jira said. Slinging his backpack back over his shoulder, the Slifer Red looked down to the map before leading the trio into the forest.

Jira had always been more of an indoor child. He had grown up in the city, and while he had occasionally taken a walk in the local park, that was pretty much it for his experience in nature. This being the case, Jira was having a bit more of a difficult time hiking through the tropical, humid climate of the forest on the island. It didn't take long for him to let Tobias take the lead, Jira tried to distract himself from the hike by relating their journey back to other things. The movie-loving Slifer student felt like he was stuck in Jurassic Park, or the Predator movie. Er, perhaps thinking about movies that had to do with being chased by monsters wasn't for the best. Jira tried to think of a different movie. Jumanji? Well, kind of. They had games and were in a jungle. Indiana Jones was definitely more fitting. A group of explorers trying to find ancient ruins. And the best thing was, they didn't have to worry about any Belloq, or Nazis, or Soviet soldiers chasing after them.

The trio had been hiking for nearly a half-hour, pushing through the undergrowth and Jira was starting to get a little winded. He had shed his Godzilla hoodie, tying it around his waist. Jira reached into his backpack, taking a drink from his water bottle. Putting it back in his bag, he paused and listened.
"Hey guys... Am I going crazy, or do you hear other people?" Jira asked. Listening carefuly, Jira could just make out three distinct voice, but couldn't exactly hear what they were saying.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, very close by...

The three Obelisk Blue students sat on a pair of boulders in the forest.
"Ugh, it's so humid out here!" The first one said. She was a girl with white hair, wearing a tan tank top with her Obelisk Blue jacket folded on the rock next to her. She had what appeared to be a tattoo of a feathered wing on her left and right arm. "Spencer, we should just head back and get some ice cream at the store."
The second Obelisk Blue student was a boy with blond hair that had been slicked back with too much hair gel. He gave the girl a cocky grin.
"It hasn't even been an hour, Rina. And besides, we are so close to finding it! This is literally the last part of the island we've yet to search. We checked the coasts, we checked near the volcano, heck, we even snooped around the abandoned dorm." Spencer said. The third Obelisk student was taller and more built, with black hair and what appeared to be an ice-cube necklace. He grinned and cracked his knuckles.

"I can't wait until we find that old coliseum." The third Obelisk Blue student said. Rina sighed.
"I just wanna finally have a place to paint. With all those pranks that have been happening lately, I haven't been able to go and paint anything anywhere!" Rina complained.
"Well, that is if we don't tear apart that place looking for those rare cards hidden there." Spencer said with a grin. Rina rolled her eyes.
"Please. Pierce might be big, but I doubt you guys are going to tear down a whole colosseum." Rina said.
"Hey, we're gonna do whatever it takes to find those cards. And we should find that place soon. After all, someone couldn't keep their mouth shut about what we were doing." Spencer said, looking at Rina.
"What-ever! At least I didn't say anything about the cards. After all, who in their right mind would slog through this jungle looking for a dumb ruin that probably doesn't even exist?" Rina said.
"It does exist. I know it." Spencer said. "And we are going to find it."

~~~~~~~

"Okay, okay..." Tracy said. The Ra Yellow glanced around nervously. "Look, I can't tell you everything yet. But... we're here because something different, okay?"
In hushed tones, Tracy explained to Dahlia what had happened to her last deck...

Bob nodded at Bella's question and answered it truthfully. "Like I said, Weasel is usually sided by Braxer and Bix. Two Slifer Reds that are physically strong and scrawny respectively, they use Goblin decks. To my knowledge, they are the only allies Weasel has. Should I find more, I'll contact you."

"This is a proper little spy movie, isn't it?" Blowback Dragon commented before floating over towards Bella and spinning its head 360 degrees. "What you gonna do, doll face? Arrest that bad boy? Come on, tell me!" The spirit was eager to get an answer out of her, despite Bella being unable to see the spirit.

-----------------

Willow was content with the hiking trip. The weather wasn't too different from the weather in France, save for the humidity, and her physical condition was good enough for her to hike without getting tired too soon. The girl was about to whistle a tune when Jira notified her and Tobias about supposed voices, catching her attention. Listening carefully, the Slifer crept closer to the source of the voices. She couldn't hear all of the conversation nor could she place the voices, but she definitely heard Colosseum and rare cards. Were there rare cards in the building and were these people also looking for them? Turning to Jira and Tobias, Willow whispered. "Did you catch that? Rare cards in the colosseum, what if they fall in the wrong hands? We gotta hurry!"

"Oh ho oh? Is that right? I'd oh so love to see those word turned into action."

Weasel snickered. He had the makings of a pack leader. The roll Bob would have filled if he weren't so skiddish.

"Y'a see, the other two are Bix and Braxer. Think tweedle Dee and dweedle dumb if tweedle Dee stole half of dumb's height and they share a cumulative brain cell." Weasel chuckled to himself. "Dumb as rocks, but they are hands. They get the job done and I treat 'em right. Unlike the last one that decided to go back on his vow."

Looking back at Him from the corner of his eye with a certain Intensity, Weasel's gaze didn't match his curved mouth.

"We won't be having any of that nonsense...will we?"

Departed did the three ambitious children, off to gather great spoils from their venture into the unknown. With no guarantee of success looking ahead like a cancerous growth, their resolve held firm. Alas, the expedition head, Tobias Kodai, was as Astute as a tree is stoic.

Tobias halted, stopping and listening in to the exchange ahead. It appeared they were after to coliseum too...however their motives turned sour as their true intentions surfaced. As Willow growled about their treatment to rare cards, Tobias turned over to them.

"...That is all that you have gathered from that exchange?" He gave a disgusted grimace. "The past withers and dies, thus is the curse of time. But time knows no companion, and humans are ill company. He mustn't let them soil such a structure. I will not allow it, less they usurp the throne of degradation."

Jira glanced from Willow to Tobias. He had managed to overhear bits and pieces of the conversation, but it sounded like Tobias had caught the most of it. Was it just him, or did Tobias get harder to understand when he was upset?
"Even if we do find the colosseum before they do, how are we gonna stop them from... what did you say? Usurping the throne of degradation? I don't think using your sword is going to work. I mean, it probably will. But then you'll get kicked out of the academy for threatening students with a sword!" Jira said quietly. He glanced around, making sure they were remaining undetected.

Although Tobias was difficult to understand, the gist of his message came across to Willow, causing her to furrow her brow. "Soiling the structure? They're gonna mess with the colosseum?" This information caused the Gladiator duelist to growl. "No way in Hell am I going to let them do that to a historical site, we have to get there before them." The girl then turned to Jira to answer his question. "We'll resolve this like we resolve anything here, with a duel. I might have an advantage due to it being a colosseum, maybe it'll function as a field spell. No matter what, we have to stop them. Normally I refrain from dueling Obelisks, but this is an exception. As for Tobias and his sword, no one expects a student to have a sword on the island. If someone does believe them, it should not be the hardest thing in the world to stash it until the claim gets debunked. We're probably not even allowed to be here, so they could very well get in trouble themselves when they say that they got threatened near the colosseum." Determination blazed in the girl's eyes as she looked at her friends. "Ready to move? We can probably make it before them."

"I would never threaten a student with such an instrument. A sword is not meant to threaten, but to strike down those that deserve nothing short of a swift demise."

Tobias appeared unwilling to bring such a weapon out against classmates, seemingly only interested in using it during dire circumstances. Looking to Willow, he crossed his arms, giving a 'Humph'

"Agreed. Delivering defeat to such lowlife mongrels at their own game shall shame them to no end, and to rat us out would be announcing their own inferiority to the school, and they would never do such a thing to harm their reputation. Let us go, before the impudent curs bring about calamity."

Darting further, Tobias's orange scarf flapped in the wind as he proceeding to pick up his pace. It appeared the race was on!

Jira looked from Tobias to Willow skeptically. Duel the Obelisk Blues? Hope that the colosseum gave her a boost? This wasn't that old Duelist Kingdom tournament he had watched on tape back in the middle school dueling club! And what if they lost? Jira gritted his teeth and shook his head, running after Tobias. This was a terrible plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sensing movement out of the corner of her eye, Rina looked up from the boulder she was resting on.
"Hm?" The Obelisk Blue girl muttered. The two boys glanced over to their friend, then in the direction she was looking.
"What?" The larger boy asked.
"I thought I saw something. Or someone." Rina said. Pierce snorted.
"Please. Out here? Yeah right." The larger Obelisk Blue said. The blond boy looked less doubtful.
"Get up. We've got to get moving." Spencer said.

Willow gritted her teeth as she thought about what this colosseum would look like after those Obelisks got to it. She would not let those posh jerks sully that structure, the only way they'd be allowed to do so is over her dead body and she had no plans on kicking the bucket any time soon. Following behind her friends, she threw one last glare at the Obelisks before picking up the pace. She no longer cared about conserving energy, the only thing that mattered was getting to the colosseum before the Obelisks did. "Jira, how are you holding up?" The girl asked her friend, wanting to make sure that he wouldn't keel over after running.

The Slifer Red boy was breathing heavily, struggling to keep up with the group. He fell into pace alongside Willow, trying to focus on keeping one foot in front of the other.
"They make it look so easy in the movies!" Jira gasped between breaths.

As the Obelisk Blues began to make their way into the forest, the blond one paused. Through the underbrush, he spotted the strange red and yellow movement. His eyes narrowed.
"Crap." Spencer muttered.
"What?" The larger Obelisk asked, but the blond one was already running.
"We're not the only ones out here!" Spencer called back. The other two students began to run as well, chasing after the group.
"Hey! Stop!" Spencer called to Jira, Willow, and Tobias.

The two groups ran through the forest, when Jira, Willow, and Tobias were greeted by a new sight. A small, muddy trench, maybe 20 feet long and 10 feet deep, stretched across the ground in front of them. It was steep, and would take a few minutes to navigate through. Assuming they didn't slip or get stuck. Lying across the trench was a small downed tree, possibly enough to support the weight of people that looked to cross. And on the other side.
"Look!" Jira managed to gasp out, pointing to the Willow trees on the other side of the trench. He could hear the three Obelisk students crashing through the forest behind him, only moments away.

"Well in the movies, they either have special effects or train for it! Move those feet!" Willow encouraged Jira, not nearly as bothered with the run as the boy. When they arrived at the trench, Jira pointed out a log for them to cross. "Alright, talk about convenience. Right next to my namesake too, let's hurry. Jira, you go first. Tobias goes second and I go third. Do not think about falling, just go. We'll try to keep them away. After we are all over that log, we can drop it and continue on our way. If not, we're going to have to duel for it. Hope everyone has their best deck with them, because we'll need them against Obelisks. Keep a steady footing, don't be ashamed to hug the trunk and crawl forward, just don't fall in the mud. If you do, maybe we can get you out with willow branches. I don't know for sure though, hurry!"

The Slifer Red was clearly on edge, and she would carry Jira across or throw him over if she could to save some time. It all depended on Jira being able to move in time though, she was unsure about their chances in a duel. Though maybe Lady Luck was on the side of justice today, who knew?

Jira swallowed nervously, nodding to Willow as she issued the orders. Shakily, the Slifer Red climbed onto the log. It would be a bit of a fall, and he was already feeling a little shaky from the run. So Jira decided to play it safe. He climbed across the log on his hands and knees. At one point his hand slipped off the wood and he fell onto the log, but prevented himself from sliding off. Continuing across, he made it to the other side. Jira sat on a grass with a breath of relief.
"Come on, come on!" Jira called over to Willow and Tobias, waving to them with panic and adrenaline.

"Whilst normally I would perish any thought of fleeing during an active hunt, only go along with this due to the nectar of victory tasting ever savorous to the taste when we defeat them on our grounds of defense."

He had to speak this from a standpoint of principle...or was it pride? It was in the eye of the beholder, so Tobias would likely say to the query. As they got to the log and Jira crossed the wooden structure, per Willow's instructions it was his turn next.

Carefully applying one foot after the other, he made I steadily down the log. However, the damp surface quickly proved a formidable foe, as when he reached a couple steps from the end his right foot began to slip off.

Curses...! Tobias thought. Looking quickly around him for something to use, he found a nearby tree, who's branch lay just out of reach of his arms. However, he had something more than arms. Using his last leg in the log that was about to follow the right in falling, he gave a small hop, buying him time to throw a part of his scarf at the tree branch. It wrapped around it enough for him to catch the other end. He then swung using his scarf as a pulley, thrusting himself to the other side. With a final flip, he let his scarf go, allowing him to land on his feet as the orange scarf blew in the wind of his landing. It was like a ninja from a classic movie.

"Come, gladiator. Else you find yourself in a den of vipers."

"Bit dramatic, but I am in no position to correct you. Here goes nothing!" After putting both of her feet on the log, Willow spread out her arms to increase her balance. She advanced at a steady rate, only slowing down on slippery parts to avoid falling. That was the advantage of going last, Jira and Tobias showed her where the dangerous parts were. Jumping off the log when she reached the end, the Slifer Red turned around and began dragging the log onto dry land. They needed the thing to get back, but this way the Obelisks couldn't use it to reach them. "Let's hope this works!"

Jira felt a rush of panic as Tobias fell off the log, only to be followed by a rush of relief as the Ra Yellow managed to recover. Willow managed to make her way across, and Jira began to try to pull the log back as well. It was massively heavy, and at first had no indication of moving. But as the pair strained, the air around Jira seemed to heat up. The log began to move. With their combined effort, the log slid off the opposite side and fell into the trench. At that moment, the three Obelisk Blue students burst out of the underbrush. The larger boy almost fell into the trench, but was pulled back by the blond boy. The girl looked down into the trench.
"Oh, ew. No way am I gonna wade through that." She said, crinkling her nose at the mud. Jira sat down once again, breathing heavily.

Spencer looked down to the log at the bottom of the trench, the over to the trio. He crossed his arms.
"Now, that wasn't very nice." Spencer called over. He looked to Rina. "No one else is going to slog through the forest, huh?"
The blond Obelisk Blue sighed and gestured down to the fallen log.
"What do you think that's going to accomplish, huh? Even if you do find those ruins, we're going to be right behind you. It won't take us long to find another way around this. In the end, you'll just be showing us where not to look." Spencer said.

Willow's cheeks were red from the heavy activity and was breathing heavily, but she was still standing, refusing to show weakness in front of the Obelisks. "Or we protect the colosseum from vandals like you three, I am not letting you desecrate such a place. Every second saved is one that can be used to our advantage." Throwing one last glare at the Obelisks, the Slifer Red extended a hand to Jira. "Get up, let's make the most of our time. I'll be damned if I let those thugs do what they want to." Beckoning Tobias to come with them, the Gladiator Beast duelist furrowed her brow and kept moving. Taking a break was probably the smart thing to do, but she refused to let the Obelisks gain any more ground on them. She'd been cowering against that rank for two years now, today she would fight back. Plus, she could already see the look of surprise on that girl's face. If she didn't want to get dirty, she shouldn't have come out here in the first place.

Bella nodded at that as she seemed to smile Bob's way as she had more than gotten what she needed out of him for now, she had a lot to do between classes and this later investigation to these "prank packages" and she had been thankful for his help. "Thank you for your time Bob and yeah, I think we'll be in touch often enough. Just know I will do whatever it takes to bring justice to this prankster, you have my word on that."

Bella gave her vow to Bob and had been oblivious to the Duel Spirit, though as she turned to leave the area something seemed to shine as this black mask rose and seemed to put space between Blowback Dragon and herself and while Bella could not see it again she had that gut feeling as she stopped and looked at her belt before she glanced back at Bob.

"Did you hear something?"

-----------
Zack seemed to chuckle, course he had already know who this defector was but that knowledge he needed not share with Weasel. He liked to keep certain cards close to the chest, and besides something like that was best reserved for his right to reveal not vice versa.

"I suppose that is as colorful a label as there is. Still even the dumb ones can be used well from personal experience..." Zack mused though quickly Weasel seemed to give an intense look, one that likely nerved other students though Zack himself simply passed with a light shrug in response though he had looked him in the eye.

"Don't give me a reason to do that, and we won't have issues."

"I have yet to figure out how much your word is worth, but I am willing to take the risk. Best of luck to you, detective." Bob had a lopsided grin on his face as he said the last word, watching Bella leave the card shop. Nothing out of the ordinary, until a black mask appeared and kept Blowback Dragon from messing with Bella.

"Oh? Interesting, you are a spirit aren't ya? Looking for a fight?" Blowback Dragon taunted as Bob dropped his dice to get his spirit to shut up. He had no clue what spirits were capable of, but he had no desire to find out.

As Bella asked him a question if he heard something, the Ra Yellow casually waved her concerns away. "I just dropped my dice, nothing to worry about. See ya!"

The Mask seemed to not answer its fellow duel spirit as it merely offered a wall to Bella before it faded as the Obelisk Blue newcomer seemed oblivious to this little encounter as she had raised an eyebrow at the dice comment but shrugged as she took his word before she smiled at him.

"Alright then, take care and I'll see you around." Bella waved to Bob as she walked outside the card shop, though quickly had moved a hand to her belt and pulled her deck out. While she had lacked seeing those duel spirits, she still had felt something well off with herself; this curious presence or feeling she kept having, and it seemed to come from her cards.

Fantastic, not even my second day on campus and already I am going crazy.

As Bella left the card shop, Bob let out a sigh as he once again cast snake eyes towards Blowback Dragon before turning around in his chair to Tracy and Dahlia. "Apologies for the delay, I did not anticipate that girl coming up and interrogating me. Tracy, I see you've managed to get Dahlia to this place, good job. I suppose it is time that she gets to hear why she's brought here, no?" Gesturing to the remaining chairs, Bob flexed his fingers. "Take a seat, you might need it after we're done informing you." In the meantime, Blowback Dragon was keeping a sharp eye on Dahlia. They still did not trust that girl.

"Tracy..." Dahlia said, shocked. "Why... why didn't you tell me before?"
"I... I don't know." Tracy said quietly, looking away from her friend. "I... I was afraid. I didn't want you running off and trying to fight them the same way you would go and fight bullies like when were kids. These people are dangerous, Dahlia! You're an amazing duelist, but I didn't want you getting hurt... I'm sorry."
Dahlia put a hand on Tracy's shoulder, then sighed.
"You don't have to apologize. It's okay. You're... you're probably right. Thanks for looking out for me." Dahlia said.

Bella walked out of the card shop, and Bob made his way over to the pair. Dahlia cast a suspicious eye to Bob, but sat down next to Tracy.
"So, this isn't about Tracy's deck... Then what's it about?" Dahlia asked. Tracy looked around the card shop nervously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello, Bella." Lance said. The third year student had been making his way down the hallway when he spotted the new student. Lance paused, adjusting his glasses. Bella seemed a little disturbed, looking at her deck. Interesting. And a familiar expression he's been seeing quite a bit lately. Had he been seeing it a bit lately? It seemed to be a bit more common this year, for some reason. Did it have something to do with those raiders? Something to look into later. He offered the new student a small smile.
"How was your first day of classes?" Lance asked Bella.

"The loss of Tracy's deck is tragic and I'd love nothing more to help rebuild it to its former glory, but for that to happen I need to be on the island which is not garuanteed. I'm sure you're aware of your new dorm mate Weasel, right? That little rat decided to stab me in the back after criticizing one of his plans by planting the bag of glitter that was used to prank Crowler, so he can send me off the island the moment he decides that I am more of a hindrance than a help to his little gang of troublemakers. Tracy and I are planning to expose his true festering self to Crowler and make him lose all the power he has. My brother will be here in two weeks to back us up, and negative publicity is not what Crowler wants to risk. If you help us expose that rat bastard, I will be in your debt and help rebuild Tracy's deck to new heights, alongside other potential goals of yours. What do you say?" Bob informed Dahlia about the situation and tried to sweeten the deal to get her to join. She had no real obligation to do so, so this was the best he could do. The Ra Yellow just hoped it worked.

"Excellent~" Weasel clapped his hands together. "Then you can make yourself at home then amongst the rest of our low lifes! Ahem..."

That's when Weasel cupped his hands, putting on a thick New Yorker-esque accent.

"Oi! Ya slackers! Over here!"

They quickly scrambled to their feet from their seats, nearly tripping over each other. Add another one of them and they were the three stooges. Racing up, they stood to attention almost military like. Weasel put the back of his wrist to his hip as he gestured to their ew recruit.

"Boys, meet your new superior. This is the edgelord supreme himself, Zack the clown smasher."

"H-H-Huh? You don't mean-"

"The guy that clocked Crowler's clock?"

Bix looked up and down at the guy, surprised about this new information. "...Thought you'd be taller."

"We mustn't Dottle."

Tobias scowled at the Obelisk Blues as they ran to find their own path forwards. Turning around, he continued down the path that they originally were going to proceed on.

"They must have known it was in this direction. In fact, they were unusually knowledgeable about the terrain. Curious, is it not?"

His eyes narrowed as he continued, a sneaking suspicion starting to crawl up his spine. He had a hunch. A hunch that didn't sit well with him.

"Yeah? You and what army?" Spencer called over the ditch. Taking another moment to regain his breath, Jira allowed himself to be pulled up by Willow and followed after pair. He glanced nervously behind him as the Obelisk Blues ran off to find another way around. Duel Obelisk Blues? Jira could barely hold his own against his fellow Slifer Reds!
"Huh?" Jira looked over to Tobias. "I, uh, don't know?"
However, it was clear to Jira that Tobias had something on his mind. Increasing his pace to keep up with the Ra Yellow, Jira walked besides him. At the base of the willow tree, a small dirt trail could be seen leading down a hill. The group made their way down the path.
"What are you thinking?" Jira asked.

The willow trees opened up to reveal a small valley. And in that valley, built into the side of the cliff, stood what appeared to be... a coliseum. Although Jira wouldn't be able to tell, the design appeared to be some sort of mix of Mesoamerican and roman architecture.
"Whoa..." Jira said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia listened to Bob's explanation, her expression not changing.
"So what? We got two weeks to find enough evidence to expose him, is what you're saying? And how are we going to do that? I want to knock out that rat as much as the next, but he'd probably just use it to get me in trouble." Dahlia said.
"We do have a plan!" Tracy said. "Well, at least the start of one. Evidently, Weasel hid a bunch of caches around the island. If we can find some with prank gear in them, we could use it to expose him. Or, at the very least we could try to mess them up so that way he knows someone is on his case, but he wouldn't be able to tell anyone."
Dahlia looked from Tracy to Bob before shaking her head and sighing.
"Alright. But you guys are going to need more than that..." Dahlia said. "I'll help."

"They probably planned this out, maybe they walked around here earlier. They were here with a goal though, and we can prevent them from accomplishing that goal." Willow responded to Tobias' comment before the group arrived at their destination, the colosseum. The Gladiator Beast duelist immediately got enthralled by it and slowed down her pace as she took every detail of the building in. "It's gorgeous, those details are made with the finest craftmanship and those arches, impeccable." The snap of a branch as the girl stepped on it snapped her out of her musings. "Right, those vandals are going to be here any second now. Let's prepare as much as we can, it'll be a tough fight ahead of us." Willow beckoned her friends to follow her inside.

-------------

Bob could not help himself from cracking a small smile as Dahlia joined their cause. "Very well, welcome aboard. First thing I want to say to you, and that also includes you Tracy, is this. If things get hairy, I want you two to jump ship and save yourselves first. Don't let Weasel gain anymore power than he already has. There's a big chance that Weasel will use the blackmail on me to make me do pranks, so I can probably inform you two about the type of prank and location. Perhaps we can catch him in the act of setting up a prank and get it on camera. I've played around with the idea of an audio recorder on my body, but I am unsure how feasible it is. Do any of you have any possible plans on how to deal with this infestation?" The Ra Yellow asked as the die rolled across his fingers.

Tobias put his unsettled feelings aside for the moment, instead focusing on the structure before them. At least they were there. He just wished it had been under better circumstances. Tobias had a glint in his eye as he turned to the team.

"Whilst this place is a wonder, we mustn't forget our nearby perpetrators. We must take them out in such a manner that they dare no oppose us ever again!"

Tobias didn't plan on hurting them physically. But perhaps if he put on quite the spectacle and shredded their hopes being of a lesser house that they would both be ashamed and afraid. As it should be.

Jira followed the pair into the colosseum, taking it in as well. It was incredible, with seating areas carved from stone and a sand arena in the center. The walls were carved with images of warriors in combat, against beasts, other warriors, even what appeared to be monsters of some sort. A few of the warriors even appeared to have more animalistic qualities to them. On the wall across from the entrance approximately 15 feet of the ground, a chunk of black stone was embedded. Stone carving around it depicted what appeared to be lines or bursts of energy shooting from the stone. Jira was no geologist, so he had no way of knowing that the black stone was a piece of meteorite.

Jira sat down in the sand pit, looking at Tobias and Willow as he pulled out his deck and duel disk. He sighed and scratched his head, looking over his deck and side deck.
"Just to make sure I got this right, our plan is to duel these guys and win, and us winning will cause them to run away in shame?" Jira said doubtfully. "We're just going to hope that they are embarrassed? Do we have a plan on what to do if they don't accept our challenge to a duel? Or if we lose?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia seemed to relax slightly as Bob stressed the fact he didn't want Dahlia or Tracy to get in trouble because of him. Her suspicion changed to thoughtfulness as she pondered Bob's question.
"I dunno. Maybe you could just use your phone or something? Start carrying it in your pocket with the camera peeking out?" Dahlia suggested.

Tracy's face lit up.
"Oh! I had an idea!" Tracy said excitedly. "So, I was trying to think about this whole thing like a duel, right? And I got the idea that there might be an alternate win condition for us. Crowler announced that tournament in class earlier today. We could try to get you into that tournament. Just hear me out, okay?"

Tracy took a deep breath.
"So, Crowler's a great duelist. But just as much as he likes dueling, he cares about how he looks. So if you enter into the tournament and do really good, or even win, then it would look bad on Crowler if he was to kick you out of the Academy for something like a tiny prank." Tracy said. "Not to mention, this is going to be a big tournament probably televised or something. A prime attraction for Weasel to try a prank, orrr something else sketchy. Like force you to throw the match. But then, we'd be ready to catch him in the act!"

As she explained her idea, Tracy's excitement began to fade as another thought hit her.
"Orrr, Weasel could use the opportunity to frame you on live television. It's... it's a risky idea..." Tracy said, starting to backpedal.

Willow sat down next to Jira and began checking her deck to see if she had any combos she could pull off. As much as she'd like to stay here and explore, they had a mission to do. "We can always record the duels on our phones, or else we continue the duel ourselves. I for one and ready to suffer a black eye to defend this place, wounds heal after all." The girl acted overly casual, if only to hide her own nerves. "I'm hoping that I get some good draws, maybe we can topdeck some cards? After all, it is for a good cause."

-----------
Bob listened carefully to Tracy's suggestion and cupped his chin as he mulled it over. "It can work, but my deck needs some serious work to even compete. Your Penguin deck is more reliable than my current deck, it is a bit too big and not all the cards in it are useful. Cyber Phoenix for example is not all that good, I'd need cards like Cyber Dragon or Jinzo to really pack a punch. Gadgets just are not going to cut it and neither is Time Wizard. If we do go through with this plan, we need to make sure that Weasel can't frame us. The only evidence he has are those polaroids, but I don't know where they are. Without the bag of glitter though, those photos mean nothing. It will be risky, but I don't have a ton to lose. I am willing to take the risk. I will also try to record as much of potential pranks as I can, these last few days will not be going to waste." The Ra Yellow said as he put his deck down on the table. "Feel free to look through it and judge yourself, but it needs refining."

Dahlia picked up Bob's deck, taking a quick look through it.
"I don't know. Dr. Crowler is a pretty proud duelist. Those pictures, even if you don't have the bag of glitter, might be enough anyway. You just have to be careful about it, and try to think critically. Maybe it might be a good idea for you to, uh... play along for a little bit and not try anything?" Tracy sighed and rubbed her head. "I don't know. This whole thing is kind of scary."

Dahlia put Bob's deck back, raising an eyebrow.
"... Interesting deck. The gadget engine should work, especially since you have some of the rarer ones like Gold, Silver, and Ancient Gear. The gun dragons are an... unusual touch. Inspired much by Bandit Keith?" Dahlia said. "If you're looking to streamline your deck, you could probably just straight up ditch a few cards. Cyber Phoenix like you said, but maybe others like Machine Conversion Factory or Raregold Armor. If you're looking for reliability, a step might be taking out the coin flip cards. Unless you have more copies of those Blast Spiders."
Dahlia leaned on the table.
"Or, if you had more copies of Dread Dynamo, you could use them instead of the Card Troopers. They'd still be a target for Machine Duplication, and a bit tanky-er than Card Troopers. The Trap Cards are pretty good, but maybe it would be better to keep Elemental Absorber in the side deck." Dahlia said.

"I'll try my best Trace, it would be a shame if we plan this out and Pretty Boy ruins it for us. The longer I play along, the more information I can gather." Bob admitted as he attempted to calm Tracy's nerves, ignoring the knot in his own stomach.

"Bandit Keith has nothing to do with my liking of gun dragons, I got Blowback when I was 7 and I can't bear to part with it. Especially not after all we've been through. The later discovery of Bandit Keith and his deck only strengthened my resolve to get them all, though so far I only have Twin-Barrel and Blowback. I'm hoping to get some of the stronger ones, like Barrel Dragon and Gatling Dragon." Bob said as he looked at the poster with the machine type, it would be a nice power boost to his deck. "I got BM-4 Blast Spider from a pack yesterday, so it is the only copy I have. I do have two more Dread Dynamos and a copy of Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast if that is any good. Time Wizard is mostly in there in case of a desperate situation, but even with Second Coin Toss it is unreliable. Atleast with the gun dragons, I have a decently strong monster on the field."

Searching through his mind, the Ra Yellow attempted to recall any other useful cards that he had stored away. "I have one copy of Y-Dragon Head and Z-Metal Tank, but I took them out because they took too long to be useful. Cannon Soldier was a card that I used as a kid, but I don't see that being useful, Cyber Commander is never useful, I lost my only Cyber-Tech Alligator card as a kid, maybe Roulette Barrel or Dice Jar can come in handy? Launcher Spider won't, that's for sure, same with Oilman and Oni Tank. Maybe Tin Goldfish? Dicelops has high attack, but its effect kinda sucks and is almost always bad."

Bob began pacing around as he considered his options, he had plenty of cards that he didn't use anymore and there was a reason for that. They either were too slow, too weak, Normal monsters, too unreliable or a mix of multiple factors. He couldn't remember any of the non-machine types lying around, save for Time Wizard. "I'm going to need to look through my spare cards, I might need more than just machines to put up a fight." In the meantime, Blowback Dragon was teasing Tracy by floating in front of her face and generally being a nuisance.

He was about to tell the spirit to lay off when an idea came in his head, no one could see the spirit aside from that Slifer Red so far. What if Blowback Dragon could be that extra push they needed?

This feeling, it's almost like it is growing each time I feel it. But what is it? Could I just be going crazy?

Bella of course had been in deep thought over these curious tremors, ones that seemed to be only stronger in the presence of Bob which only seemed to confuse the Obelisk Blue all the more. Just what had this feeling been? Her thoughts on the matter had been interrupted when she heard the voice of her fellow Blue Lance as Bella turned and seemed almost flustered at having been caught lost in her thoughts as she smiled sheepishly while she rubbed the back of her head.

"Oh uh hey Lance. Well it has been a bit interesting, really the out of class stuff seems to be a lot more to take in than the lessons themselves when you get to it." Bella answered a she smiled at him. "How have things been for you?"

---------
Zack had not been sure what to expect when Weasel would introduce the figurative tweedledee and tweedledum, and while it had been more of a statement in his mind like magic the pair seemed to appear as it seemed they were close with Weasel. And it seemed that Zack's reputation proceeded him as they mentioned his striking of Crowler incident which caused a prideful smirk to cross his lips.

"That's right I..."

Then one of the commented on his height, which caused an eyebrow to twitch as he shot that one of the henchman a glare. "Let me say this now, mention my height again and you'll get a taste of what I gave Mr. Lipstick."

"Simple. If they refuse to actually duel us, then that only leaves the option of physical combat...which is an endeavor I'm sure that even they do not want to strive toward."

His reputation with his blade wasn't exactly secret anymore, albeit he would not use it personally due to his belief that he would only aim to kill once the blade was out. So it was bluff work, but at least he wasn't incompetent in hand to hand fighting either.

"But, if we do happen to suffer an unfortunate defeat, then we deserved to suffer it in the first place." Tobias remarked. "But, we shall talk of this and that...interesting carving in moments pass."

Zack gave Bix a frigid glare, one that managed to shake up Bix's expectations and jitter his foundation.

"Eeeeep!"

Leaping back, he flinched, putting up hands to protect himself. It looked like the message was received. Braxer looked down at this, picking Bix up like a toy and putting him back on the ground more presentable.

"Yup, your legit, I can tells." Braxer nodded. "So...why'd you do that anyways?"

Weasel leaned back on a wall and snickered through this. Didn't take long for the new blood to establish their dominance over the lessers. Perfect! He'd be good for a second in command, he was sure of it.

"We will either succeed or go down trying our best. If you can't find yourself in the gladiators that fought in these buildings, then find yourself in the soldiers who give everything they have to fight kaijus. They fight impossible odds, yet none of them say 'I'm not feeling it today, later'. The very least you can do is try, we'll be alongside you." Willow said as she returned her deck to her duel disk, there was only so much preparation one could do without having access to her other cards. "I'm going to look around this place before the duel, maybe we can at least ensure the protection of something here." Getting up from the sand pit, the Slifer Red walked back to the way that they entered and looked at the black rock embedded in the wall. Cupping her chin, Willow looked at the entire wall in hopes of finding any information. It felt so out of place among the etches of gladiators that were all over the place. "Tobias, do you recognize this? To my knowledge, there are no records about anything like this." Tracing the lines around the black stone, she reached out to the middle of the meteorite. Why, she didn't know, but not all things need a reason. Sometimes things just happened.

-----------------

Maya was in her room, but she was not exactly what you'd call idle. Cards were strewn across her table and floor as she tried to make a new deck. Dahlia's voice rang in her head as she time and time again mistook Phantasm Spiral Dragon for a Sea Serpent.

"Strangest Dragon I have ever seen. Was it a Sea Serpent Monster?"

Sea Serpents. The predominantly water type version of Dragons and Dinosaurs and powerhouses, but they were not as fortunate as the other two in the support department. This meant that Maya was struggling quite a lot to build a pure Sea Serpent deck without many Atlantean cards. The only one she had was Atlantean Dragoons and that was not what she needed. Thankfully, she did have Levia-Dragon Daedalus and Chaos Daedalus for boss monsters. Her deck would need A Legendary Ocean to get some of the higher level monsters out easier, a couple of cards that were also treated as Umi to use as fodder for the effects of her monsters and general Water support alongside some Light and Dark monsters to even use Chaos Daedalus. It would be strong once the field was established, but it would not flood the field like her Phantasm Spiral deck. This should be strong enough to stay in Obelisk whilst also giving Dahlia a chance to fight back with her slow deck.

Running a hand through her hair, the Obelisk girl cracked a grin as she finally finished the deck. It was probably not the best deck around, but she had plenty of cards left to refine the new deck should it be needed. Not all of the monsters were as draconic as she wanted them to be, but she could live with it. After all, her Daedalus cards made up for it. Putting her new deck in her duel disk and storing the Phantasm Spiral deck in her deck holster, she left her dorm and decided to go on a walk. Maybe she could convince Dahlia to duel her again, who knew?

Last edited:
Tracy crinkled her nose as something seemed to move in front of her face, and sneezed. She waved her hand to try to shoo away... whatever it was. Probably a bug or something. Invisible to all but Blowback Dragon, a small purple penguin with red pauldrons peeked out over Tracy's shoulder and glared at Blowback Dragon. It gave the gun dragon an irritated quack.
"Alright, no ditching the gun dragons." Dahlia said.
"Maybe we could have a deck-building session later, maybe using a study room in the library or something? We should start trying to find those caches." Tracy said.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jira watched as Willow walked off, then looked back to his deck. He didn't know about top-decking, but at the very least he could give this whole thing a shot. The Slifer Red put away his side deck and slid his main deck into his duel disk. He couldn't help but to be reminded of the conversation he and Tobias had after their defeat in the doubles tournament. The need to get stronger, and the fear of their weakness causing their own defeat... Jira was starting to understand that feeling.

Jira stood up, letting out a breath and shaking himself to loosen up. That's what he needed to do. Loosen up. Just stay calm, and focus on the duel. No dorms, no colosseum, no stakes. Just a normal duel. If they lost, well... Jira would do what it took to protect his friends. And that might mean convincing them not to take up arms against these guys if they lost.

"Woow...!" A voice at the entrance said. The three Obelisk Blue students walked into the arena, the larger one looking rather muddy and cross. The girl's eyes seemed to sparkle as she looked around the colosseum. The blond one just grinned.
"Well, well, well. Told you it was real." Spencer said, nudging the larger Obelisk. He clapped his hands to get the attention of Willow and Tobias.
"All right folks, thanks for the help but we'll take it from here. If you'd just see yourselves out..." Spencer said with a cocky grin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lance returned Bella's smile with a small smile of his own, adjusting his glasses.
"Oh, things have been fine for me." Lance said. "Sometimes, that's the way things are here at Duel Academy. Even out of class, you find yourself learning things."
Lance paused a moment before continuing.
"Are you sure everything is okay? You seem a little... well, flustered." Lance said. "You know, it's not unusual for the Duel Academy to give students strange feelings. And not just when people first arrive, but even after spending years here."

"Bless you." Bob said absentmindedly as he once again failed to remember what other cards he had, save for the Magnet Warriors that his brother gave him and they were not good. Hell, he didn't even have Valkyrion. "If we do have a deck-building session, maybe we can also improve your deck Trace. Not to disrespect you, but your streak hasn't been super consistent from what I've seen."

Blowback Dragon meanwhile took a step back in surprise before letting out a clattering laugh, as if metal was falling down. "Ahahahahahah! Look at that, girl's got a spirit. Yo, Bobby! You see this? Your girlfriend has a spirit!"

Somewhat annoyed at the voice of Blowback Dragon and once again surprised that no one seemed to hear him, the Ra Yellow looked at Tracy and saw nothing. Shrugging his shoulders, the boy spoke up again. He was not going to attempt to see more spirits, Blowback Dragon by itself was a giant pain already. "I'd say we go check the one cache I know of, that way we know what we are looking for. If we go deck build after that, no one can do us anything and we all know we need all the advantages we can get in this fight." Letting out a sigh, he put his hands on his hips. "What I'd give for a Jinzo card..."

---------------------

The clapping snapped Willow out of the semi-trance she was in and annoyed her, so they were here. "How about you give us an example and then we see if we will follow. I for one am not going to listen to some vandals that have no respect for ancient history." Activating her duel disk, the Slifer Red stood with straightened back and pride in her eyes. She was ready to fight, and she'd found her target. "I'll take the girl, get ready for a thrashing." Sliding her feet into an offensive posture, Willow glared at the Obelisk girl like a tiger glared at a rival. If the duel took place with anything else than cards, there would be injuries. "Ready, doll face?"

"Cease your blathering thy dreg. From the mud and brush you came, to the mud and brush you shall return."

Tobias stood, his scarf blowing overdramatically behind him as he locked eyed with the student in front of the group, Spencer. Thrusting his hands in front of himself, the romantic novel-esque archaeologist's deep voice boomed.

"If you proceed along this chain of thought, that I have no choice than to beat you down like the dog you are. To protect sacred monuments along with the simply peculiar, you shall suffer the wrath of ancestors!"

Extending his duel disk, the ninja like duelist challenges the boy in front of everyone, despite his obvious lower ranked status.

Spencer glanced from Willow to Tobias, looking a little skeptical at the pair's dramatic passion. Jira merely said nothing, stepping up next to his friends. Rina took a step back in surprise at Willow's intensity before activating her own duel disk.
"Watch who you're calling doll-face, you Slifer Sla-"
"Rina!" Spencer said, cutting off the Obelisk Blue girl and walking between the duelists. "A little respect! Don't you know who these people are?"
Spencer gestured to Willow.
"That's the cat gladiatrix chick that won the cosplay competition. And that is the so-called Swordsman of Ra Yellow. These ain't just low-level goons we're going against." Spencer said. He glanced over Jira before turning his attention back to Willow and Tobias and walking back to face Tobias. Taking out his duel disk, he put it on his arm.

"It's clear you guys are willing to fight for your stake, or whatever. So how about a deal, huh?" Spencer asked Tobias. "We win, and you guys all scram out of here and never come back. You don't gotta give us your cards or leave the academy or anything. Just never come back or talk to anyone about this place. That sound fair?"

The larger Obelisk Blue, Pierce, sighed and shook his head before walking across from Jira and activating his duel disk.
"Leaving me with the leftovers." Pierce grumbled. "Either make it exciting or go down quick, alright?"
Rina glanced over to Spener, her duel disk at the ready but waiting to hear the response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that the gun dragon had backed off, the penguin spirit seemed to disappear. Tracy stiffened up when Bob mentioned her streak before looking away.
"Uh... y-yeah, not quite.... Uh, sure..." Tracy mumbled. My streak's been consistent, all right. Consistent losses... Tracy shook the thoughts from her head. She could worry about that later. Tracy stood up, gesturing to Bob.
"Maybe you'll find one, one day." Tracy said. The Ra Yellow girl gestured to the door. "Lead the way."