• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

The trap card was shattered by SPYRAL Tough's effect, but the trap had still gone off. Spencer's grin turned to a look of annoyance. That certainly threw a wrench in his plans.
"Well, at least SPYRAL MISSION - Assault still activates." Spencer said as his continuous spell card glowed. He drew another card and glanced at it before continuing. Spencer scratched his head as he thought for a moment. "You know, I think a better name for you would be the Aegis of Ra Yellow, don't you think? Your defenses are certainly admirable."

Spencer gestured to his monster, SPYGAL Misty.
"I activate SPYGAL Misty's second effect. I can return one 'SPYRAL Super Agent' from the field to the hand to return one monster you control to the hand. And while SPYRAL Tough is on the field, he acts as a SPYRAL Super Agent. So, let's have your sphinx leave." Spencer said. SPYGAL Misty produced a flip phone from her pocket, and a helicopter suddenly appeared above the field. As the dust from the Canyon was kicked up, the helicopter put let down a rope ladder which SPYRAL Tough climbed onto. The helicopter shot a net towards Hieracosphinx, attempting to capture the monster and take it away.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I draw." Rina said. It was time to make a move.
"I'll summon Mist Valley Shaman to the field." Rina said. Mist swirled around the monster zone next to it, and another bird-like woman appeared from it. This one was blindfolded, with black clothes and green skin. Mist emerged from her mouth every time she breathed. Her stats read 1200 ATK and 1200 DEF.
"Next, I'll activate my Field Spell again. Divine Wind of the Mist Valley!" Rina announced. Once again, the arena transformed back to the blue ravine with the rainbow mists gently flowing through it. "I'll activate Mist Valley Falcon's effect, to return a card from the field to the hand for her to attack. And that card I choose is Mist Valley Shaman, which activates the effect of Divine Wind of the Mist Valley!"

Mist Valley Falcon flapped its wings, causing winds to blast Mist Valley Shaman back to the hand. The rainbow mists below the duelists began to glow.
"Divine Wind of the Mist Valley makes it so whenever a WIND monster I control is returned to my hand, I can Special Summon one Level 4 or lower WIND monster from my deck. So I'll summon Mist Valley Soldier from my deck!" Rina said. A figure flew up from the rainbow mist and landed next to Mist Valley Falcon. It appeared to be a winged, muscular man dressed in blue armed with a pair of blades. His stats read 1700 ATK and 300 DEF. Rina gestured to the face-down card Willow controlled.
"Now, Mist Valley Falcon! Attack the face-down card!" Rina commanded. The monster jumped into the air, slashing down towards the face-down monster with her misty blade.

LP: 2500
Hand: 3
Field: Divine Wind of the Mist Valley, Mist Valley Falcon (ATK), Mist Valley Soldier (ATK)
Grave: 9 cards

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Huh? Terra Firma?!" Dahlia blurted out as someone called over to her. The Obelisk Blue quickly calmed down when she realized it was only Maya calling over to her. There were others with her as well, a pair of Ra Yellow boys. One of them she remembered, Kenny. The other one Dahlia didn't recognize.
"Uh... sorry. Got, uh... duel monsters on the brain. Hey Maya. Hey Kenny." Dahlia said to the two other students.

Bob's face scrunged up in pure disgust as Goule compared the noises to 'a lover's spat', which just was so wrong on so many levels. "Ew. Dude. No. That's just...wrong. Ignoring the fact that such an activity would require me to be intimate with another person, I am a minor and Blowback Dragon is a non-corporeal spirit. There is no way something happened." Letting out a sigh, the Ra Yellow shook his head and pinched his nose bridge. "Just when I though you couldn't get creepier, Lady Luck is not on my side at all."

Meanwhile Blowback Dragon was having the time of her life and let out the heartiest laugh that Bob ever heard. "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Oh, you wish! I am way out of your league, dude. Try your luck with Tracy instead."

"I am not going to respond to that, just know that you all are sinful."

"I don't care dude, I am a spirit. I am outside the laws of the human world." Blowback Dragon said as they swirled around Bob, mocking him with laughter.

----------------

Mist Valley Falcon came down onto the set card, revealing another Charcoal Inpachi. "That's 2100 defense, no way are you getting past that without modifying the attack of Falcon. Trust me, we've done this song and dance before." It was not a lot of damage, just a mere 100, but any damage right now would count. That and this attack seemed to be desperate, Rina knew that she had a Charcoal Inpachi in her hand. Why did she attack?

--------------------

"I mean, it is legally required to teach. I doubt Kaiba would slack off on official papers, especially with the amount of people willing to ruin his image." Maya replied to Jacques before chuckling at Dahlia's response. "Don't we all? I mean, that's why we're here after all. What got you so confounded? Surely that loss wasn't that devestating, right? If so, sorry about that. I have a new deck to compensate for it next time." Flashing a grin at the other Obelisk girl, she put a hand on her hip. "So, interested in that tournament Crowler mentioned?"

"I mean, it is legally required to teach. I doubt Kaiba would slack off on official papers, especially with the amount of people willing to ruin his image." Maya said, a little snap in her tone. Jacques offered a knowing scoff. Of course Crowler had to have one, but...how could Crowler have one?

"Huh? Terra Firma?!" The new Obelisk blurted out as Maya called over to her. "Uh... sorry. Got, uh... duel monsters on the brain. Hey Maya. Hey Kenny."

The Ra duelist fell silent, letting the two girls share their pleasantries. He wasn't quite one to budge in over someone's conversation.

"Don't we all? I mean, that's why we're here after all. What got you so confounded? Surely that loss wasn't that devestating, right? If so, sorry about that. I have a new deck to compensate for it next time." Maya flashed a grin and put a hand on her hip, "So, interested in that tournament Crowler mentioned?"

"Ce fou [the fool]," Jacques mumbled under his breath even at the mention of Crowler's name, "I do not think he could win his own tourna-ment if he tried."

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
The Heircosphinx was uprooted from the ground, struggling in the net of the shockingly strong Spyral agent. In a primal sort of way, Tobias felt a flash of panic. Or was it remorse? It was like as a kid he could see that those that prevailed against him winning so blatantly. So to see the Spyral agent take the Sphinx into the air as both vanished from sight. His fist tightened as he looked back to his foe, the Sphinx returning to his hand.

"Perhaps. However, heed my proclamation: My defenses do no rise to the occasion for little reason. Your pleasantries are no more than a veil over your malicious intentions toward this place. Your forebears's have attempted such action, and they have long since sold their souls to greed. So dispatch of thy platitudes heathen, and show your hand!"

"I was more so talking about the situation I left you in. That small one called 'Weasel' and how I did a rather ungrateful escape out of the window? That ringing any bells?"

Truly something was going on there, although he didn't like to pry. However a the talk of a spirit and human together...almost made him curious to see how that would work. Almost.

Rina's LP fell to 2400, but the Obelisk Blue still felt confident.
"Now, Mist Valley Soldier! Attack Charcoal Impachi!" Rina ordered. The winged beast spread his wings and launched himself towards the burnt wooden doll, slashing at the monster. "I know my soldier doesn't have a chance to defeat your Charcoal Impachi, but that's not what I'm trying to do. Mist Valley Soldier's effect makes it so if both he and the monster he battled are still on the field after they battle, that monster will be returned to the hand! So take that!"

~~~~~~~~~

"Ay yi yi, you're starting to get on my nerves a little bit." Spencer said, rubbing his head. His annoyance turned to a grin. "You feeling the heat? Getting to much for you?"
Spencer placed another card on his duel disk.
"I'll activate the effect of my SPYRAL Super Agent! With him, if I correctly guess the type of card on the top of your deck I can Special Summon him to the field. And we both know that you've got a monster card up there." Spencer said. The sounds of helicopter blades grew louder as an agent in a brown suit with a blond pompadour flew in, hanging from the rope ladder of a helicopter. He jumped down before grinning at Tobias and taking a fighting stance, his stats reading 1900 ATK and 1200 DEF.
"I'll set one more card, and end my turn." Spencer said as another card appeared in his spell and trap card zone. On his SPYRAL MISSION - Assault card, the number on it turned to zero. On his SPYRAL MISSION - Rescue card, the number on it turned to one.

LP: 2600
Hand 4
Field: SPYGAL Misty (ATK), SPYRAL Super Agent (ATK), SPYRAL MISSION - Assault, SPYRAL MISSION - Rescue, set spell/trap
Grave: 1
Banished: 1

~~~~~~~~~~~

"W-what?" Dahlia said, before realizing what Maya was talking about. The duel they had earlier that morning. It seems like it was such a long time ago now. Dahlia shook her head and managed a small grin. "Please. I've been knocked down before, it'll take more than a loss like that to rattle me. And the last thing I want is you going easy on me. If I'm going to beat you, I want it to be at your full strength!"

Yes, this was good. Anything to get her mind off of what the heck had just went down.
"The tournament? Yeah, I was interested. I think it would be a lot of fun to compete in." Dahlia glanced over at the new Ra Yellow before looking back to Kenny and Maya. "Who's this?"

"And thus, the agent himself appears center stage..."

Tobias found the silhouette of the suited man from his past highlighted around the borders of the monster. In many ways this was eerily similar to back then. If this was the key monster...then he had to put a stop to it.

drawing his card, he knew exactly now what monster that his foe had kept from him this whole time. The Great Sphinx itself. Yes...yes this is how he would rid of these intruders.

"I will first call upon the Golem Sentry to rise from his temple, sending your top agent back whence he came!"

He would certainly not stand for this man 'gracing' him with his presence. So the sentry would come from the sands and cast their magic, forcing the sandstorm of the Canyon to send him back to the hand

Tobias's Life Points:
Cards in hand: 2
Monsters on Field: Sentry Soldier of Stone (ATK) and Golem sentry (Set)
Spells and Traps: Facedown, Call of theHaunted.

"W-what?" For just a second, the Dahlia girl still seemed a little shaken; but in a flash her confidence was back, brimming as she beamed, grinning, "Please. I've been knocked down before, it'll take more than a loss like that to rattle me. And the last thing I want is you going easy on me. If I'm going to beat you, I want it to be at your full strength!"

"The tournament? Yeah, I was interested. I think it would be a lot of fun to compete in."
She continued, until her eyes drifted to Jacques and paused, before turning to look back at Maya and Kenny to ask, "Who's this?"

Jacques stepped closer to the circle of conversation now, giving a short bow to the new Obelisk blue girl he was meeting.

"Ah am Jacques Du-mois, Miss Dah-lia, pleased to meet," He said, capable of introducing himself. As he straightened his back out of his bow, the Ra extended a hand to shake, in case Dahlia seemed to be interested in that sort of thing, "Ra Yel-low, as you can plain-ly see, yes. I 'ad a little bit of an - ehhh - acci-dent, non? Then I ran in-to these two love-ly duel-ists and made acquain-tance! So is may-be some work of fate, to intro-duce me to some new peo-ple? Ah, I do non know -- just go wit' ze flow, eh?"

He shrugged, taking just a moment to realize he was doing it again before shrugging and waving himself off.

"Ah-hah! But do non let me bot-ther you!" Jacques said, "Do contin-ue, about the tourna-ment? Most entrhall-ing indeed."

Willow watched as the monster collided with Charcoal Inpachi, chipping away at Rina's life points. After Soldier attacked, a strong gust of wind blasted the charcoal monster back to the Slifer's hand. A troublesome effect, but not an impossible one to beat over. She still had a second Charcoal Inpachi on the field and it wasn't like she couldn't beat over that Soldier eventually. "Alright, alright. Credit where credit's due, that is a decent way to get rid of Charcoal Inpachi. Anything else you want to do?"

-------------

"Please, next time we meet, be as blunt as possible. I have absolutely no brain cells left to decypher anything that is not obvious." Bob let out a sigh before sitting down on the ground. "Weasel framed me for all the tricks he played on Crowler by planting a bag of glitter in my room as blackmail. So I'm basically constantly being threatened with expulsion. What's up with you?"

The Ra Yellow let out a sigh as he looked up in the sky. "I swear, I am this close to just punching that bastard in the face. If I am going to be expelled, I might as well leave a present for him."

--------------

"Those are fighting words, Dahlia. You better keep your promise, because that last match was over way too fast for me to enjoy. Next time, I should actually let you play the game instead of immediately destroying your backrow. We live and we learn though, and duels are a great way to learn things. This boy is Jacques, as he said. I might join the tournament, unsure though. It might get boring as my deck just does one thing." Maya flashed a grin at the girl as she put a hand on her hip, being very happy that Jacques was bothering Dahlia now instead of her.

"Still doesn't mean you have to be aggressive about it. After all...what school would take in a student accused of defacing the school and harming the professors and was seen punching other students?"

Figuring that wouldn't exactly raise the spirits of the boy rather than dissuade rash action, Goule elected to quickly change the subject.

"So then...should I leave you to make preparations to our little shore excursion?"

"W-well uh, they seemed to begin when I arrived here oddly enough..." Bella answered, best she could given the weird nature about these premonitions or whatever sensation she had felt. Course she seemed to appreciate Lance who offered aid to her rather than call her insane as she walked down to this Occult Club room as she had been curious about something.

"Has uh, anyone else talked about weird feelings like mine on campus?" Bella asked, a bit of an outsider to the academy as she wondered if anyone had been in a similar spot as herself.

----------
Zack smirked a bit, course Bob had spoken to him earlier about some after school meeting to deal with Weasel, and he intended to come to that buuutttt no reason Weasel needed to know that, much as Bob had not needed to know about this. Still he figured he needed to play up an obvious question.

"Course, how do I find the guy, not like with a school this big I can just expect to bump into him." Zack mused to Weasel as he wondered if he had an answer for that to.

Weasel gave a small giggle before patting Zack on the back. The little rascal didn't seem to have a care in the world about this situation.

"I think a big boy like you can find a single student in a school." He said dripping with sass. "Meanwhile *I* am gonna go get fruity smoothie, I'm gonna check on you a little later. Okaysies? Have a fun tiiiiiiime~"

Weasel strode forward, waving back at him as Braxer and Bix went up behind him like dogs being called by their owner. It looked like the ball was in the new guy's court now.

"I'll set one card face-down, and end my turn." Rina said as her Life Points fell to 2000. A even match. For now. Now it was up to whatever this Slifer had planned. Rina let out a breath, trying to keep a poker face as she stared down her opponent. This wasn't just about being able to paint anymore. This was a matter of pride. If she couldn't beat a Slifer Red, what sort of Obelisk was she?!

LP: 2000
Hand: 2
Field: Divine Wind of the Mist Valley, Mist Valley Falcon, Mist Valley Soldier, set spell/trap
Grave: 9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If Super Agent is leaving, well, it means he always meant to leave in the first place." Spencer said. "I probably should have mentioned this before, but SPYGAL Misty's effect can activate on my opponent's turns as well as my own!"
SPYGAL Misty produced the flip phone from her pocket once again, calling in the helicopter that SPYRAL Super Agent jumped onto to dodge the sandstorm.
"And this time, I think I'll use it to send your Sentry Soldier of Stone back to the hand." Spencer said, pointing to the rock monster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Ra Yellow introduced himself as Jacques Dumios in a rather thick accent. An interesting person, to be sure... then again, quite a few people at this school were rather interesting people. Dahlia shook his hand, not quite sure what to make of this guy. The Obelisk Blue narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms as Maya took more time to dig at their previous duel and her own deck. She took Maya's comment of 'her deck doing only one thing' to mean winning.
"Well, sounds like someone's confident." Dahlia said. "And like I said before, don't get any ideas on 'going easy on me' or 'letting me play'. If I lose, I lose. If I win, I want it to be against an opponent who's trying their hardest and not giving me any quarter."

Dahlia scratched her cheek as she thought about the tournament.
"Still, the chance to go toe-to-toe against real strong duelists would be such a thrill." Dahlia said. "I'm used to watching them on tv, going up against them in person would be a lot of fun. And with it being a competition, they would be forced to go all out. Which would make the duels even more exciting!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"To be honest, not often. But I believe it's more common than others let on." Lance said. "I think that most students that experience this sort of thing choose to ignore it, or brush it off. As the feelings tend not to be of a physical nature, that leaves mental, emotional, and spiritual as possibilities. And although duelists can be an eccentric bunch, most still don't like to be call crazy. There is one student that I think would be interested in talking about his theories on the subject. But he is a rather strange guy, even as duelists go. "

The pair made their way to the room the Occult Club was using, and Lance opened the door. The room was dusty, with many glass cases holding unusual objects. A half melted duel disk and a partially torn Jinzo card laid in one of the cases. The center of the room has a single long table with a gray tablecloth on it, and tea set on it.
"Hello? Anyone home?" Lance called into the room. The third year student looked around, but was unable to find any sign of anyone. He turned back to Bella. "Well, it looks like no one's home."

Perhaps it was the day, perhaps the mood about Duel Academy, or perhaps even it really was just him -- any which way, Jacques didn't seem to be making the purest impression upon those he met; not that that was necessarily his goal, but it often wasn't his to be off-putting either. But Dahlia shook his hand, more so like she was trying to read him than gratefully making acquaintance with someone new. And it didn't take long for her attention to turn back to her old friend -- or rival, more like.

"Well, sounds like someone's confident." Dahlia said. "And like I said before, don't get any ideas on 'going easy on me' or 'letting me play'. If I lose, I lose. If I win, I want it to be against an opponent who's trying their hardest and not giving me any quarter."

As Dahlia paused to scratch her cheek for a moment, Jacques raised his forefinger and thumb to his chin, nodding along.

"Still, the chance to go toe-to-toe against real strong duelists would be such a thrill," Dahlia said, "I'm used to watching them on tv, going up against them in person would be a lot of fun. And with it being a competition, they would be forced to go all out. Which would make the duels even more exciting!"

"Ah, agreed!" Jacques interjected, inspired by her words, moving his hand from his chin to point toward the sky with a defiant clarity, "A du-el is no du-el with-out the full force of one's men-tal might -- their true, one-hun-dred per-cent strength! If you are no' try-ing - to win, to have fun, to learn - than what is the point of a du-el? Is a mock-e-ry, I might say -- were I fee-ling harsh that day!"

"...A narrow escape, but nonetheless gone from these ruins. Even if there is a sacrifice to be made..."

Sentry soldier of stone was send to the young archaeologist's hand, but not before Tobias held out a finger, pointing to golem sentry.

"And thus I sacrifice my remaining monster to bring forth the true lord of the desert and guardian bastion of the ruin! Come forth to the mortal plain Great Sphinx!"

The ground started to shake as the Sphinx rose from under Golem Sentry, shattering it to rubble as it replace it's location. The large Sphinx flared down at the Enemy's field with a judgmental glare.

Guardian Sphinx: 1700 ATK, 2400 DEF.

"And now, Great Sphinx shall attack your remaining agent, wiping clean the ruins of their infestation!"

The glare of the Sphinx intensified, the sands from the sandstorm seeming to swirl around her like a tornado. Would there be anything left once the Tornado subsided?

"My turn, I draw." Willow looked at her hand and smirked. This game was hers, there was no way that she could lose now. Even if that trap was something like Mirror Force, she could still recover. "I normal summon Gladiator Beast Laquari in attack position!" Once again, the bipedal tiger arrived on the field and let out a roar as the ring of fire turned into a whip. "I attack your Soldier, Fire Lash!" Laquari locked eyes with its target and lashed out, attempting to take it down. Its 1800 atk should be enough to take down the Soldier which had 1700 atk.

Field: Charcoal Inpachi (def), Gladiator Beast Laquari (atk)
Grave 4

-------------------

Bob merely huffed. Goule's words were not wrong, but he didn't like to be corrected by the creepy kid. His self-esteem could only take so much on one day before it would come crashing down in an awful blaze. "I suppose so, you'll be fine by yourself?" Crossing his arms, the Ra Yellow cocked an eyebrow at the disturbing boy. He still had yet to pin his intentions down and until he did, he'd be cautious.

--------------------

Flashing a grin, Maya pointed a finger gun at Dahlia. "Then I will go all out in all coming duels against you, hope you're good on the draw next time!" To give her visual pun a bit more oomph, she 'fired' her finger gun and blew on her finger. Dahlia made a good point about the tournament and so did Jacques, surprisingly enough. "I'd personally call it an insult to the other duelist, but that's just me and my temper talking."

SPYGAL Misty let out a cry as the whirlwind enveloped her. There was a shattering sound as the monster exploded in a burst of pixels, and Spencer's LP fell to 2400. This earned a irritated 'tch' from the Obelisk Blue, but he gestured at Tobias.
"Another agent down. But your turns are numbered, Tobias." Spencer said, crossing his arms. "So, let your Sphinx sink back into the sands. He's not going to have long."

LP: 2400
Field: SPYRAL MISSION - Rescue, SPYRAL MISSION - Assault, set spell/trap
Hand: 5
Grave: 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rina grinned. Just as she had predicted.
"I knew you would do that! I activate my Trap Card, Negate Attack! It's a pretty common card, so you probably already know it negates your monsters attacks and ends the battle phase." Rina said. The face-down card she had flipped face up to reveal a trap, one depicting some sort of energy shield. That same energy shield sprung up in front of Rina's field, blocking her opponent's attack. This was it! This was the moment. This Slifer was going to regret standing in her way. Making fun of her. Rina looked at Willow smugly.
"So, what now?" Rina asked.

Field: Mist Valley Soldier, Mist Valley Falcon, Divine Wind of the Mist Valley
Grave: 10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia nodded along with what Maya and Jacques were saying. A pretty reliable group, even if Jacques seemed a little strange. Dahlia shifted her weight, looking to the trio.
"So, what are the three of you up to?" Dahlia asked. But before she could get a response, Tracy emerged from the trail.
"Dahlia!" Tracy called over to her friend, jogging over to the group.
"Oh, Tracy!" Dahlia said, sight of her friend causing her to recall the strangeness that had just happened. "I'm sorry for running off like that. It was, uh... just a lot to take in."
Tracy nodded.
"Yeah, I understand." Tracy said. The Ra Yellow suddenly realized she had practically barged into a conversation that was already happening, including a rather tough-looking Obelisk Blue girl. "Oh! Uh... I'm sorry!"

Willow huffed. She knew that it would be a trap, but she could not afford to not attack. "Since you negated my attack, I can't tag my monsters out, so I'll just do this. I activate the spell card Swords of Revealing Light!" As the Slifer Red played the spell card, swords made out of light fell from the skies around Rina's monsters. "I was saving it just in case, after all I have not yet forgiven your intentions for this place." With a relatively sturdy wall between her opponent and her own life points, Willow felt confident enough to survive the next turn. After all, what were the chances that she'd lose in one turn? Rina would have to draw some incredible card right now for that to happen. "I end my turn."

Field: Charcoal Inpachi (def), Gladiator Beast Laquari (atk), Swords of Revealing Light (3 turns left)
Grave: 4

--------------

"Oh, I was just looking for -." Right as Maya was about to answer, a Ra Yellow girl interrupted the conversation. Normally she'd feel at least a bit offended by it all, but it seemed that the girl was friends with Dahlia and she had manners. Apologizing for interrupting the conversation, the Obelisk Blue couldn't help but grin and attempt to pinch Tracy's cheek. "And who do we have here? You think you can show up with that cute face of yours and not introduce yourself? I'm Maya Garcia, what's your name?"

Was it the best opening move? Not by a long shot, but Maya just couldn't resist herself. Ra Yellows were always at that weird spot where they either respected the Obelisk students or thought that they were stuck-up students who had a bark much worse than their bite, and Maya wanted to know where Tracy stood. Besides, how could she not punch her cheek? She reminded her of a doll that she once had as a child, and she loved that thing to bits.

Rina's smug look turned to a scowl as the Slifer Red managed to pull out a Swords of Revealing Light! Of all the lucky things that Slifer could have pulled... Rina drew a card to start her turn. This put a kink in her plans... but there was still a chance for Rina to come out on top. All she needed to do was to get a card that would get rid of that spell... and she could think of a few that were lurking in her deck.

But in the meantime, she had to stop the gladiators from tagging out.
"I'll summon Mist Valley Shaman." Rina said. Once again, the blindfolded bird woman appeared in attack position, 1200 ATK. "I'll use her effect to return one of my monsters to the hand for her to gain 500 ATK. So I'll have Mist Valley Soldier return to the hand."
The blindfolded bird woman began to chant as runes appeared in the air around her. Rainbow mist swirled up from the valley, enveloping the Mist Valley Soldier as Shaman's attack rose to 1700.

"This in turn activates the effect of Divine Wind of the Mist Valley. I'll use it to Special Summon Aeropixie from my deck." Rina said. Spotlights shown down onto the mist that had surrounded Mist Valley Falcon. As the mist faded away, bright and peppy 80's workout music began to play. The small fairies dressed in 80's workout clothes appeared from the fog, doing dance aerobics in time to the music. Their stats read 200 ATK and 200 DEF.
"I'll activate their effect. They can choose one monster you control in the same column, and that monster joins their dance workout class! They both move monster zones, staying across from each other. And if that happens, your monster gets a Burning Counter from the workout!" Rina said with a grin.

The three Aeropixies waved at Gladiator Beast Laquari cheerfully and went back to their dance aerobics, gesturing for the Gladiator Beast to join them.

Field: Mist Valley Falcon, Mist Valley Shaman, Aeropixies, Divine Wind of the Mist Valley
Grave: 10

~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy let out a small 'eep!' as Maya approached and... pinched her cheek? She began to blush with embarrassment as she rubbed her cheek where Maya had pinched her.
"Uh-um... T-Tracy. Tracy Rinehart." Tracy said meekly. "S-sorry for interrupting..."
"You weren't interrupting much." Dahlia said. She gestured to the two boys. "This is Kenny and Jacques."
Introductions out of the way, Dahlia turned her attention back to Maya. Tracy waved politely to the two other Ra Yellows. She knew she had seen Kenny about the dorms, but wasn't certain if Jacques was familiar to her...
"What were you looking for?" Dahlia asked Maya.

"A stone wall is not impenetrable." Tobias spoke. "However, is an invader is not well equipped, it shall prove a daunting task. Time will tell if this is the case."

The Great Sphinx sunk into Facedown defense position, sinking down into the sands away from view. One card at all on the field wasn't great. It was a sign of shaky footing, and he knew his foe would love to push him over that edge. But he must hold strong, less he fall astray.

Tobias's Hand:
Monsters: Great Sphinx
Life points: 4000
Spells/Traps: N/A

"Oh yes I'll be quite fi-"

*twitch*

"Hmmmm...excuse me. Ms. fate goes knocking...!"

With that, the slippery slink walked with brisk pace away. It seemed like he had a sixth sense of some kind, one that was rather jarring to anyone that viewed this 'feeling'.

"My most earnest apologies...!"

in the hall near Bella and Lance came a rather dusty individual that seemed to have just come here in a hurry, as his breath was subtly labored.

"It is bad Karma for a host to not be present for when guests come abounding...heh...If Karma is the vice you abide by."

Looking to the pair, the fact they were obelisk blues, upper classmen did not escape his notice. The boy lowered his back, creaking as he extended his withered hand.

"Your host is Goule, President of the Occult club and at your service." He introduced himself, turning to Bella. "I must say, this is a rarity indeed. If Lance weren't with you my dear, I would have been certain you were lost! My, wouldn't that be simply tragic."

Before Willow had any idea on what was going on, Gladiator Beast Laquari began joining an aerobics class. Although a hardened gladiator, the monster seemed to struggle with the workout as its attack dropped from 1800 to 1600. "Hmm, clever. Very clever. However, you still can't attack because of my Swords of Revealing Light and even if you do manage to get an attack off, you still have Charcoal Inpachi to deal with and Aeropixie is an easy target for any of my monsters. Anything else you wanna do?"

------------------------

"Tracy Rinehart? A pretty name for a pretty girl, how fitting!~" Maya chuckled, unable to resist teasing the Ra Yellow. Something about the girl just made it so dang appealing to tease her. If it was allowed, she'd have adopted her as her younger sister just so she could tease her all the time. When Dahlia focused her attention on her again, the Obelisk merely waved her hand dismissively. "I was just looking for my dearest rival, and I found her. To put it bluntly, I was bored out of my mind and hoped that you'd manage to break the monotomy. And here we are, broken monotomy and all. I'd say it was a great success!" Giving Dahlia a thumbs-up, the girl flashed a bright grin at her friend.

-----------------

Bob looked at Goule who quickly left, raising an eyebrow as he looked at the fleeing figure. "Hmm, odd."

"Says the guy talking to ghosts."

"Shut. Come, we can't keep Tracy waiting."

At the mention of Tracy, Blowback Dragon chuckled. "Ah yes, dear old Tracy. When's the wedding? Am I invited? Will there be cake?"

"There will be no wedding, we're both minors and I can't exactly get rid of you." The Ra Yellow let out a sigh before asking a question. "You're a machine monster, right? I've heard that Duel Monsters is based on ancient Egyptian stone tables, but that does not explain the existance of you. No way did they have a tablet for a machine when such technology did not exist yet. Where did you come from?"

Blowback Dragon looked at Bob and chuckled once again. "Ooooh, looks like we have a working brain cell moment! Well, duel spirits have aided people for ages. The ancient Egyptians you speak of mostly had spirits that would later be known as spellcasters, warriors, dragons, insects, fiends, rocks, winged beasts and of course the three gods after which the dorms are named. Many of the spirits are either based on the world around them or abstract ideas of humanity. Of course, fiends didn't exist to them, but an evil person would be called a fiend. As for us Machines, we decided to show up when humanity was ready for us. We did exist, of course we did, but imagine the chaos if someone who still used logs to move heavy rocks saw machinery far beyond their wildest dreams. A priest would be on us faster than you can say 'You activated my trap card!', and those priests are far from fun. I've never met any of them, but the stories of them are enough to make even me stop for a moment and decide my actions. Any further details are for me to know and for you to find out."

".....I see. Thanks." During the remainder of the walk back to the Ra Yellow dorm, the machine user was lost in thought. It was a lot to process, the fact that machine monsters showed up after humanity was ready was surprisingly ominous to him. Did that mean that there were other types of monsters yet to be discovered? Would they show up when the cards of these monster were made? It was sketchy territory and although he didn't mind some speculation here and there, he'd prefer to have some credible sources other than a duel spirit that loved to mess with him. Plus, the priests? He had no clue why those priests would intimidate Blowback Dragon, who had no issue with anything so far, but the mere possibility that these priest powers could be present in the modern world was a cause for concern. What were these powers and what could they do? Too many questions, too little answers.

"Oh yes." Rina said. "To be honest, I could have really used any monster just now. I just wanted to see your Gladiator Beast dance around."
Rina chuckled.
"You're strong. I think my favorite monster must have known that, because it's been waiting around in my hand since the start of this duel for a moment to jump out. Your Swords may be in the way for now, but they'll come down eventually." Rina said. The mist began to slowly swirl behind her as the sky darkened.

"I had been hoping you were going to have a stronger monster out as well. But you've left me no choice." Rina said. She pointed her hand at Rina. "Prepare yourself, Slifer! I call upon the full gale force of the winds of this world! The avatar of the air itself to fight for me! I summon... The Atmosphere!"
Mist Valley Shaman and Aeropixie were sucked into the funnel cloud forming behind Rina, with the one of the pixies blowing a kiss to Laquari and the other two gave the Gladiator Beast a thumbs up. Emerging from Rina's duel disk, the spirit of Mist Valley Thunderbird was pulled into the whirlwind as well.

Suddenly, the whirlwind of mist dissipated. Floating in the air behind Rina was a massive bird-like winged beast, with orange feathers and gold armor. In it's claws, it contained a whirling sphere of green air. Its stats read 1000 ATK and 800 DEF. Rina gestured to Laquari.
"I activate The Atmosphere's effect! I can choose one face-up monster my opponent controls, and it becomes equipped to The Atmosphere. The Atmosphere then gains attack and defense equal to that monster's attack and defense.

Letting out a cry, The Atmosphere launched the green sphere it was holding towards Laquari in an attempt to capture the gladiator beast.

~~~~~~~~~

"Well then, it's a good thing my agents are equipped with all sorts of great gear and gadgets." Spencer said with a grin, and drew his card.
"I'll start off by activating my SPYRAL Super Agent's effect. So I'll guess that the top card of your deck is... a monster card." Spencer said confidently.

~~~~~~~~~

Tracy shifted awkwardly as Maya continued to tease her, not quite sure how to react to it. Dahlia returned Maya's smile. If only Maya knew how broken her monotony had been for a while. Heck, she could use some monotony.
"U-um, hey Dahlia? Bob and Goule and I, uh, we were gonna go swimming at the beach, and wanted to know if you wanted to come along?" Tracy asked Dahlia. She looked over to the other trio. "Uh, y-you all could come along too if you wanted."

Realizing the new Ra girl was somewhat uncomfortable with Maya's actions, Jacques took a quick side-step, moving between them so Maya could encroach no further on his fellow Ra-- though he himself might have gotten a wee bit too close to Tracy in doing so.

"I do non' know these, eh, Bob and Goule but, eh, I think they have the right idea!" He leaned in a little bit, again interjecting his body somewhat between Tracy and Maya, as if he were trying to stop a fight but didn't quite know how, "Is a good day to fore-go ri-val-ries for some, eh, relax-a-tion? Non?"

As he finished speaking he held up his index finger toward the sky and grinned, as if he'd discovered some great secret to life.

"...Woah." Willow looked at The Atmosphere with wide eyes as it sucked up Gladiator Beast Laquari. Although it sucked to lose a monster to that effect, the Burning Counter made it so that The Atmosphere only gained 1600 atk. 2600 atk was high, but not unbeatable. She had a couple of plans in mind, but many of them would be risky moves. She had to risk it though, there was no way she'd survive otherwise. "Is that all you're going to do? If so, I'd like to get along with my turn now." Willow could not let herself be intimidated by this big beatstick, that was her signature move and this Obelisk just stole it! This was not going to be taken lying down, she refused!

-----------------

Maya pouted a little when Jacques stood between her and Tracy, she wanted to tease her a little more. The offer to go to the beach was intriguing though, and the Obelisk girl looked at the sky. "Hmmm, it is an appealing offer. I had no plans today, so I might as well go swimming. Who knows? The sea might give me some inspiration for my new deck, plus it's been a while since I wore a swimsuit." Flashing a grin at the group, the girl put her arms in her neck. "You sure like big and fancy words, huh? It's odd, but you're not particularly wrong. I'm down to let the rivalry rest for a minute, that is if Dahlia is okay with it."

Tobias, without another word, let the duel disk do it's thing. It sucked in the card and displayed it to both players. Was it a Monster? Spell? Or Trap? The answer? A spell. Pot of Greed. To an outsider, they may not know what it did. But both knew very well what the effect was. A stroke of luck for the archaeologist to avoid the effect.

"It seems fortune has graced me. It appears as a result that your method of espionage has come to a close."

The green sphere of air captured the slightly exhausted Gladiator Beast, and returned to the clutches of The Atmosphere. The winged beast let out a thunderous cry as the sphere grew smaller, draining power from the Gladiator Beast and raising The Atmosphere's attack to 2600. A good number, but not as good as it could have been if Rina could have gotten some stronger beast. And there was still those Swords of Revealing Light to deal with...
"I end my turn." Rina said.

~~~~~~~~

Spencer shrugged.
"Oh well. It just means I won't be OTK'ing you this turn." Spencer said. "I summon SPYRAL Tough."
Once again, the blue-suited strong agent appeared on the field and flex.
"And, thanks to Super Agent's reconnaissance, I know what type of card is on top of your deck. So say goodbye to your Great Sphinx! I activate SPYRAL Tough's effect! Spell Card!" Spencer said. SPYRAL Tough once again fired the beam of energy towards the Great Sphinx, attempting to destroy the monster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacques stepped between Tracy and Maya, nearly bumping into Tracy in the process. The Ra Yellow girl took a small step back to give the other student some space. Going swimming with Bob and Goule... Dahlia wasn't too sure what to make of that. For a moment, a troubled expression appeared on Dahlia's face. Then Maya spoke up about their rivalry, and Dahlia was quick to shake it off.
"Fua ha ha!" Dahlia said dramatically, striking an anime-esque pose. "Our rivalry, on pause?"
Dahlia relaxed and grinned.
"Yeah, sounds like a good time." Dahlia said. As unnerving as the encounter with Bob, Goule, and that... ghost had been, Tracy still seemed determined to hang out with these people. And no way was Dahlia going to leave Tracy alone to whatever was going on with those two.

Tracy managed a small smile.
"Great! Just meet me in front of the Ra Yellow dorm when you all are ready, and we can head to the beach together!" Tracy said. "I'll see you there!"
With that, the girl turned and made her way back to the forest trail.

Tobias appeared to grimace, even apparent under his scarf. However, Tobias appeared to have another trick up his sleeve.

"Tch! You forget the actions of the past! I shall remove from play Rise to Full Height from my Graveyard. This means your monsters can only attack once, and only of the name I designate this turn. And I designate The Great Sphinx! Rise my Sphinx! Stun our foes with your beacon of light!"

Thrusting his hand in the air, he called into the void. Suddenly, The Great Sphinx rose out from the ground, much taller than before. In fact it appeared far more similar to a skyscraper. As the beam struck the Sphinx, it decompiled into a massive storm of sand. This sandstorm rushed the entire enemy's side of the field, making it so no monsters could even see where to attack, nevermind initiate it.

"And now that you are reaping from your action's fruits, I shall be safe the remainder of your turn."

"Another wall. I underestimated you, but it won't be enough. You've been putting so much into defense that you've neglected your offense." Spencer said. "SPYRAL MISSION - Assault activates, letting me draw a card. Lucky for you, this is the last turn I get to have it."
The Obelisk Blue drew yet another card from his deck.
"I'll play the SPYRAL GEAR - Last Resort from my hand." Spencer said. "Although it's a monster card, I can equip it to a SPYRAL monster I control." Spencer said. SPYRAL Tough's suitcase beeped, and the agent tossed it to the ground in front of him. It opened up, and a giant robotic exosuit emerged from it. SPYRAL Tough climbed into the suit with a grin, doing a few test punches before taking a fighting stance.

"This is my way of shoring up my defenses. While Last Resort is equipped to a monster, that monster cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect, and you can't target it with card effects either. While it may not be elegant, it's something that one would use when the situation gets dire. Or when someone wants to press their advantage." Spencer said with a grin. "But that will be it for my turn..."
As he said that, SPYRAL MISSION - Assault burst into pixels, and SPYRAL MISSION - Rescue ticked down to 0.

LP: 2400
Field: SPYRAL Tough, SPYRAL GEAR - Last Resort (equipped to SPYRAL Tough), SPYRAL MISSION - Rescue
Hand: 6
Grave: 3

"My turn, draw!" Willow looked at her hand and back at the field. Doing some quick maths on her fingers, her mouth became a grim line. She could get rid of that monster, but it would leave her extremely vulnerable. For now, she'd have to wait. "I normal summon Gladiator Beast Darius in attack position and end my turn." A bipedal horse hit the field and whilst 1700 atk was decent, there was no way that Willow could beat the Atmosphere. She needed something else.

Field: Charcoal Inpachi (def), Gladiator Beast Darius (atk), Swords of Revealing Light (2 turns left)

-----------------

"Only because I don't want to see you crying in a corner tonight, you'll need all the support you can get. After all, I'll have an advantage on the beach with this beauty." Maya grinned as she grabbed Levia Dragon - Daedalus from her new deck. "I actually have no clue if scenery matters, but it is a slower deck so it should help you out a bit. That being said, I ain't planning on throwing matches. Now, shall we get ready? I for one can use some sunlight again, playing card games all day melts your brain."

-----------------------

"I don't get it, why do humans wear different clothes when going into the water?"

"Because wearing wet clothes is awful and only acceptable if you got doused in water due to a prank or something."

"If it is so uncomfortable, then why wear clothes at all when going in the water?"

"Because public nudity is considered public indecency, children can see body parts they don't want to and you can get fined a lot of money."

"Okay, okay, but why these ugly things?"

"They were really cheap and are not ugly, they are tropical. It is not my fault that you have no sense of fashion."

"Fashion. Puh-lease, I'm a machine and even I know that those things are horrid. Don't you have anything else?"

"It is either this or nothing, and I ain't going to get fined because 'my ghost friend did not like my swimming shorts.' That is not going to help me save money. If anything, I'll get a second fine for ridiculing an officer."

"Humans are weird, dude. Do all humans wear this stuff?"

"Not all of them, girls wear different types of swim wear and there's a lot of color variation between them."

Bob was seemingly talking to himself as he put on his swim shorts which were light blue with different colored bananas on them, put his regular clothes and towel in a bag and put on a Hawaiian shirt which was dark blue and had red flowers on it.

"Now that's also considered...public indecency, no?"

"I am solely wearing this to not get scolded for walking around topless. Trust me, it happens."

"I like the uniform better, it looks better on you."

"It might, but it also does not breathe and you don't want to bring the uniform you wear to class each day to the beach. Sand is very itchy."

Whilst listening to the mutterings of Blowback Dragon about confusing humans and their weird laws, the Ra Yellow made his way to the exit of the dorm and waited there, sitting on the ground. "And now we wait until everyone's ready."

"This sounds incredibly boring."

"Perhaps, but I am prepared." Reaching in his bag of clothes, Bob pulled out a regular deck of cards. "Ever heard of the card game Mau-Mau?"

"Ah," Jacques said, responding to Maya in a roundabout way, "Is why I try not to let my brain in the way of my due-ling!"

And just like that he was walking, his long, lanky legs allowing the young, Ra duelist to take incredible strides; and after coming to in the middle of the woods with no memory of the prior day, Jacques had quite a bit of energy to expend in his strides.

"The brain is just a road-block from the card to the soul, after all! A-hah hah!" Jacques called -- out to Tracy, back to the rest of the group, it didn't really seem to matter who listened to him.

In a short, few strides he was catching up with Tracy, the second Ra Yellow he'd met that day.

"I guess I should go back to the dorm, too, non?" He said, just as much to himself as to Tracy, before saying to her outright, "I a-polo-gize! A-side from mee-ting new peo-ple, I've had a bit of an odd few days."

"Hmph...so bringing in the heavy machinery..."

It appeared this move had eerie familiarities to the event from his early youth. But this surely would not play out identically. It simply would not be allowed to stand. Drawing pot of greed, he knew exactly what to do with it.

"I play pot of greed. This spell card allows me to unearth two more cards from my deck..."

drawing the two cards and discarding the pot, Tobias analyzed his next move. 4 cards in his hand. Two monsters, two tricks. But it appears it was time for both to intersect.

"I shall activate the spell card: Cost down! This allows me to discard one card from my hand to summon a monster requiring a tribute! I shall remove The sentry soldier from my hand to reintroduce Hieracoshinx!"

A familiar screeching sound was heard as it took to the field once more, a flap of it's granite wings as it's body touched down on the sands below.

Hieracoshinx: 2400 ATK / 1200 DEF

"And due to the Sentry Soldier's effect, it loyally returns to the field!"

Reassembling itself once more, the Sentry soldier of stone stood proudly in defense position, arms crossed over it's body.

Sentry Soldier of Stone: 1300 ATK / 2000 DEF

"You spoke claims of your indomitable agent, unable to fail battle. However, you said not a word about receiving damage from it! Hieracosphinx! shatter that agent's ears!"

The Sphinx opened it's beak, projecting a loud screech at the Heavily armored agent, hoping to score even further damage on the foe.

The screech struck SPYRAL Tough, but an energy field appeared around the spy and protected him. The shockwave from the attack passed through, and struck Spencer. His LP fell to 1900. This Ra was moving up from annoyance to nuisance. He scowled and looked like he was about to say something before quickly shaking it off. He had to keep his cool. So what, this Ra had managed to lower his LP to below half. He had the card advantage. Spencer just had to keep his cool, and be patience. This was going to be a duel of attrition, and Spencer intended to win.
"Keep this up, and I might actually have to start trying!" Spencer called over to Tobias.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rina drew a card to start her turn. While her opponent was shoring up her attack force, Rina knew if she were to attempt the same her opponent would be able to tag out their monsters and cause all sorts of shenanigans.
"I end my turn." Rina said.
Field: Mist Valley Falcon (ATK), The Atmosphere (2600 ATK), Gladiator Beast Laquari (S/T Zone, equipped to The Atmosphere)
Grave: 9
Banished: 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy was surprised by this loud, heavily accented Ra Yellow that followed her. She didn't quite recognize him, but gave him a small smile as the pair walked towards the dorm. The brain is a road block from the card to the soul, huh? That sounded like something Lance would say. And, with all that had just happened with Bob revealing Blowback Dragon... perhaps it wasn't too far off... Tracy made a mental note to ask Jacques about it later.
"There's nothing to apologize for. I think we've all been having an odd past few days." Tracy said. "You're Jacques, right? Are you a first year student too? I haven't really seen you around the dorm or in classes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia nodded.
"Yeah, I could use some rest and relaxation." Dahlia said. As the pair walked away, she could hear Jacques call something back to them. Something about roadblocks and souls? Whatever. Dahlia and Maya began to make their way back to the Obelisk Blue Girl's dorm.
"So, you're changing decks? Why?" Dahlia asked her rival.

"Ehm," Jacques shrugged, almost reticent to talk about himself. He was a secretive kid, who liked to move in shadows -- always preferring the rumors whispered about him than the reality of the situation, "No, no. I was a Sli-fer last year, passed my test and here I am. But the jack-ets, the ti-tles, they don't a-ppeal to me so."

As if on queue, Jacques took his Ra Yellow jacket off and turned it inside out just long enough to show a makeshift Obelisk Blue uniform - a pretty decent forgery, in fact - on the inside; a reversible jacket so Jacques could move about between some dorms in relative peace, without being bothered. Sometimes, he had business to do.

"And dorms, clas-ses?" Jacques continued, waving a hand by his face as if he'd smelled something rotten, "They are not where my thoughts lie. They are obli-ga-tions, and no more! But oh well. I am here and there. What of you, miss - eh - Tracy, was it? Have you al-ways been of the Yel-low?"

Last edited:
No new monsters, bummer. However, there were also no spells or traps to ruin her plan. "My turn, I draw." Scanning the field, Willow's eye fell on Mist Valley Falcon. She'd completely forgotten about that card, being too focused on The Atmosphere. Her plan could work now with more LP left as a buffer. "I normal summon Test Ape in attack position!" A chimpanzee wearing goggles of some description was sitting in a test tube, and its 700 atk was pathetically low. "I attack Mist Valley Falcon with Test Ape!" The great ape began throwing a fit, breaking out of the test tube and leaping at Mist Valley Falcon.

Field: Charcoal Inpachi (def), Gladiator Beast Darius (atk), Test Ape (atk), Swords of Revealing Light (1 turn remaining)

----------------------

Maya put Levia Dragon -Daedalus back in her deck before throwing her hands behind her head. "Not really changing, I still love Phantasm Spiral Dragon and I'll never replace it. This deck is more for fun than actual tournaments. Sure, it holds its own, or so I hope, but it is nowhere near as oppressive as my other deck. Plus, you mentioning Sea Serpents rang inside my head long enough to actually finish my Daedalus deck. Plus, you can never have too many draconic boss monsters. It should also give slower decks a chance to actually play the game, so see it as a thank you for being my rival." The Obelisk Blue flashed a grin at Dahlia before looking at the sky. "Looks like clear skies to me, great beach weather."

----------------------

"That's a 2, draw two cards."

"I play a 2 from my hand, draw four cards!"

"I didn't want to do this, but I play my second 2! That's six."

Blowback Dragon looked confident, hiding its hand behind Bob's bag to keep the boy from seeing them. What they didn't expect was the smug grin that Bob had. A second passed before the spirit realized what was going on. "Don't you dare. Bob Lerdwich, I will shoot you if you do that."

"Live fast, die last, eat grass! I play my Joker, that's eleven cards for you!"

"Oh, you mortal little rat. I'm going to enjoy seeing you suffer throughout life."

"Save the threats, gearbox. Now, you gotta draw." Bob watched with glee as eleven cards from the deck were floating towards his bag, only for his smile to drop when a 10 hit the field. "Oh, you little-! I hope you rust!" The boy hissed as he swapped hands with the spirit.

"Do what you must, your pride does not concern one such as I." Tobias shrugged off, knowing well what his situation entailed. "I shall now lay a Facedown card, and that shall be the end of this turn."

Placing a card down on the field, it appeared Tobias had gathered back some footing from having no monsters or backrow at the start of this turn. But would it be enough to weather the upcoming storm?

Tobias:
4000 LP
Monsters: Heirocosphinx (ATK) Sentry Soldier of Stone (DEF)
1 Spell/Trap Facedown
Cards in hand: 0

"I see..." Bella mused, as she listened to Lance's explanation of these feelings, Bella had felt a degree of encouragement when he mentioned that more students than let on likely had felt what she did and it seemed logical why many would keep quiet. Though his mention of another who'd have interest in talking this had caused the new blue to raise an eyebrow. "...oh do you know this person by name?" Bella asked seemingly unconcerned with the guy being "strange" as Lance had called it.

Once they entered the Occult Room, Bella looked inside as it seemed that nobody was in. The place had a bit of an atmosphere to it which seemed fitting, but once Lance confirmed nobody had been inside to her Bella could not help but feel slight disappointment over this as she sighed before she faced him.

"It's okay, guess they are not in now. Maybe I can reach them myself later, I thank you for showing me the way and really all you have done for me." Bella said as she had expressed her gratitude towards Lance for his aid.

However, it seemed a figure had caught Bella off guard as a man who introduced himself as "Goule" seemed to appear and announced he was the head of the Occult Club. Bella flinched slightly at this development before she cleared her throat for a sheepish greeting.

"Oh uh s-sorry there. Nice to meet you, name is Bella..." Bella said as she introduced herself.

@Captain Cardboard

@Shen: King of the Mist

-----------
Well, with the free space to himself Zack could not help but chuckle as he worked his way up off the seat and moved out of the classroom with a smirk of his own. This Weasel character was quite the personality, he could see how people like Braxer and Bix seemed to take to his word and why others might detest the ground he walked upon.

Still, this all seemed quite useful far as he had been concerned.

Last edited:
Rina watched in confusion as the monkey jumped out of it's testing chamber and towards Mist Valley Falcon.
"If you wanted to give up, you could have just said so!" Rina said, gesturing to her Mist Valley Falcon. The monster slashed through the rampaging ape with ease, the mist from the attack carrying through towards Willow. "Or does your gladiator spirit not allow you to yield?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Jacques was a confusing person for Tracy. Not a fan of the dorms or the classes? Tracy's eyes widened when Jacques revealed his 'Obelisk' uniform. Was that even allowed?
"Well, I'm just a first year student. I haven't really had the chance to change dorms yet." Tracy said. "This was just where I was assigned."
The two continued to walk before Tracy spoke up once again.
"So... If you're not her for the dorms or the classes, then why go to Duel Academy?" Tracy asked Jacques.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Perfect weather." Dahlia said. The Obelisk Blue girl was a little put off by Maya's response. Her Levia-Dragon deck being more for 'fun' rather than for serious matches. Dahlia wanted to have serious matches. But she didn't say anything. In Dahlia's opinion, giving opponents a 'chance to play' just made it more likely for yourself to lose the duel. Being nice, or not being nice. If Maya dueled her with the Levia-Dragon deck, Dahlia would just have to prove that she was worth being taken seriously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well then, I draw." Spencer said, drawing another card to start his turn. He looked through his hand before glance "Like last turn, I'll start out this turn with some advanced espionage. I'll activate the effect of SPYRAL Super Agent. Once again, I'm going to guess that the top card of your deck is a monster card!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's a pleasure." Lance said to Bella. Right about then another student approached, the one Lance had been looking for. Lance merely nodded at the pale Ra student, offering him a small smile.
"Hello again, Goule. You seem to be doing well. Bella, this was the one I was telling you about." Lance said, gesturing to Goule. "He may be able to provide insight on your little mystery, if you have the feeling it may be of an origin other than physical or mental."

The French (Canadian) Ra frowned a little bit, shrugging his way back into the Ra Yellow version of his coat; Tracy seemed a bit intimidated by him, in a sense -- then again, he might be too, if he had met himself. Jacques didn't seem to have the best handle on making impressions today.

"I am here be-cause is better than real school, non?" Jacques laughed, deep from his belly, like the whole situation amused him, "I love to du-el, I love to help peo-ple, the sce-ne-ry is just di-vine! Why sit about in class on sun-ny days and listen to that Crow-ler prattle on, and on! And on, my oh my! And if I do not go to class, he de-tains me -- the fascist! But when I go to class and take his lit-tle tests, and get my A -- Crow-ler a-ccuses me of chea-ting! Well sir! Make a class worth sit-ting through, and I might just do that! Make a test that pro-vokes thought and theo-ry -- not just one that re-quires droll reci-ta-tion!"

As he spoke, Jacques grew more furious with the thought of Crowler and the schools' teachers, as well as his relationship to Duel Academy as a whole; without meaning to, he began to out-stride Tracy with is long, thin legs, unintentionally gaining speed as he rambled.

Willow flinched as her life points dropped to 700, but grinned nontheless. "Trust me, there is no such thing as giving up here. Test Ape's effect activates! When destroyed by battle, I get to special summon a level 4 or lower Gladiator Beast from my deck and I choose Gladiator Beast Bestiari!" Amidst the mist, a strong wind current appeared and blew the mist away, revealing Bestiari in all its glory. "I end my battle phase, but I am not done yet! I trigger a contact fusion! Gladiator Beast Darius! Gladiator Beast Bestiari! Call the herald of the skies! I contact fusion Gladiator Beast Gyzarus!" The two gladiator beasts clanged their arm armor together before jumping back into Willow's deck as a large tornado appeared on the field, dispersing to reveal the fusion monster. With 2400 atk, it was not too shabby. "Gyzarus' effect activates! When it is special summoned, I can destroy two cards on the field and I choose Divine Wind of Mist Valley and The Atmosphere!" Gyzarus flapped its powerful wings and sent two tornadoes flying towards the designatef cards, ready to wipe the field with them.

It was a big risk, with a big cost, but Willoe finally got a fusion off. Now things would go swimmingly. She had 700 life points left, and 699 of them were a resource to use. Only the last point mattered to her. It was a very reckless playstyle, but she could afford to do so.

Tobias knew the drill by now. Revealing the top card of his deck, it was a spell card: Monster Reborn. Tobias didn't know much in his grave that would be useful in this circumstance, but another in the pocket for the future would surely be good.

Goule offered his crooked smile that seemed etched into his face with a chisel. New guests were always a pleasure, and a rarity at that. However, what was even more interesting was this mystery Lance had mention. Turning his head like a creature that had heard a sound, Goule was instantly mesmerized.

"Oh? A mystery? Well then madam, what behooves you? I make no promises, but your chances of finding out a way out of whatever troubles you skyrockets when you come to my expertise. That is, if it's within my field. After all, don't want to leave your hopes dead in the water... he he he...."

Entering his room like a old man without a cane, he hobbled over to the center table, sitting down in a chair that creaked loudly open sitting in it. He motioned toward the two other facing chairs.

"Please...have a seat."

Course, it has to be the weird ones that have the answers I am looking for...

Bella of course wanted to know what this tremor, this presence she felt within her deck but this Goule seemed to do a great job unintentionally (Or perhaps intentionally) in giving her the creeps as he had made his personal introduction. Still, if Lance believed this guy could help with he concern she had to give the benefit of the doubt.

"Oh n-no need to stress over it. I am not expecting a miracle worker or anything. Whatever you can do to help I appreciate." Bella said with a sheepish yet friendly tone before Goule seemed to offer her a place inside the Occult Room.

With a glance to Lance, she nodded along and made her way inside taking a seat as Goule had generously provided to her, she only hoped whatever info she'd be able to gain from this visit would be worth the creep factor that this club and its member here seemed to radiate to the new student.

@Shen: King of the Mist

@Captain Cardboard

----------
Zack had made his way to the card shop, before any plans with Bob could be ironed out he figured he needed to test his luck and see if he could find something to help freshen up his deck. As such, he placed what seemed to be a few bills on the table and faced the card shop owner with a sly smirk.

"Hey, long time no see, got any booster packs for me~?" Zack asked with what seemed to be a relaxed if not cheeky tone.