• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
"Espionage? Hmph, as expected of an agent. Go on then, have your Intel."

Tobias pressed a button on the duel disk, three holographic projections appearing up in front of Spencer, showing what was coming in the three turns: Guardian Sphinx, Canyon, Stone Statue of the Aztecs. Two monsters and a field spell. Tobias let out a gruff affirmative grunt as he grasped the air in front of him.

"...However you will find my deck has no flaws, so no matter how you rearrange them your operation shall be brought to a swift conclusion!"

The Thunderbird let out a surprised squawk as the flaming gladiator beast struck the thunder monster with its whip. The monster exploded into pixels, and Rina's Life Points fell to 3100 LP. The Obelisk Blue girl gritted her teeth in annoyance. And with that, Willow would be able to summon another Gladiator to the field. What would it be? A defensive wall? One with a destructive effect? One even more powerful as to take down Mist Valley Falcon?
"Okay. What now?" Rina said.

LP: 3100
Hand: 2
Field: Mist Valley Falcon (ATK)
Grave: 5

~~~~~~~~~~~

Spencer glanced through the three card, studying them for a moment before making some selections. He put Guardian Sphinx on the bottom, Stone Statue in the middle, and put Canyon on the top of the deck.
"Now, I'll activate SPYRAL Tough's effect. I'll select your Attack the Moon spell card as the target for destruction, and I'll guess that the top card of your deck is a spell card. Which I know it is." Spencer said. SPYRAL Tough took out his device once again, pressing a few buttons on it and pointing it at the Attack the Moon spell card.

"Oh, I'm not saying every person should use the extra deck," Kenny replied, "It doesn't really work for every deck anyway. Gaia just so happens to allow me to easily play a variety of fusions." He glanced down at his duel disk where he'd stored his deck. Including First of the Dragons. As it was fusion monster that could only be created by combining two normal monsters with very potent effects, Kenny didn't exactly have an easy time getting his hands on one. But best to not let Maya know that, as First of the Dragons was one of his trump cards.

"Wood ei-zer ov' you 'appen to 'ave ze time?..Eh, ehm, or, ze day?"

Kenny blinked when he noticed another Ra with a foreign accent limp in their direction. At first, he couldn't make sense of what he was saying. Luckily Maya was faster on the uptake, and gave him the time and date. "My French is probably even worse than yours," he told the Obelisk Blue girl, before turning to his dormmate. "Are you okay?" he asked, (badly) attempting to mimic the guy's accent, "Do you need help?"

"I activate the effect of Gladiator Beast Laquari. When it battles and survives, I get to tag it out with a different Gladiator Beast and I choose Gladiator Beast Murmillo!" Laquari leapt back into the deck and got replaced with a blue carp wearing armor. "When Murmillo is special summoned to the field by a Gladiator Beast, I get to destoy one monster on the field and I choose Mist Valley Falcon!" A powerful blast of water was headed to the monster, aiming to wash it away to the grave. "I then equip it with Gladiator Beast's Battle Manica and end my turn."

LP: 4000
Field: Gladiator Beast Murmillo (Def), Gladiator Beast's Battle Manica.
Hand: 0
Grave: 1

-----------------

"Oh, girl's got spunk!" Blowback Dragon chuckled as it floated away from Dahlia and in front of Tracy. "I like your attitude, but you can't hear what I'm saying. Bob, get your Blowback Dragon card out. I wanna show them something."

Surprised by the request, Bob sorted through his deck to pull out the Blowback Dragon card. To everyone's surprise, including his, Blowback Dragon bit down on the card's border and took it with them. Although they were invisible, the card was not. It was casually floating in place, as if held up by strings.

"I..I think that's your answer. And pretty solid proof that I was not seeing some complete nonsense. I have no clue what's going to happen next, but that is pretty hard to deny. Something is there, and apparently I am the only one capable of seeing it." Bob was no stranger to Blowback's antics, but interacting with the physical world was something else entirely.

Tobias didn't as much as glance as the target of destruction was his spell card. A pity for it to have been removed so quickly and effortlessly, but his deck was far from defeated. He couldn't let this go on for too long however, as soon his enemy would have complete control over his next draws for the rest of the game.

"You have removed my spell card. But you also reveal which one of my spells come next. Yin and Yang so it would seem. Now then, is that your final act this turn?"

"Peekaboo."

Goule had suddenly interjected himself in the situation, having his face brought right wedged between Tracy and Bob. He let out a raspy cackle before looking at the floating card display before him. He knew exactly what this was.

"I see your bonded soul has not left this material plain, how very interesting...!" He remarked. "It would seem this spirit tolerates you enough to continue being with you. It hasn't tried to cut deal with you, has it? Hopefully nothing regarding a very specific culmination of protoplasm-"

He stopped mid sentence, noticing Tracy right there with them as well. Wheezing, he forced a smile, pulling what appeared to be a perfume bottle, spraying it in his mouth. Odd gray gas appeared to come from it in thick clouds that could be smelt as chalky. Coughing a few times, he looked up to her with an eye open.

"Greetings, I see you too are mesmerized by what lies beyond our material existence."

Rina scowled as Willow finished her turn. Great. Just great. That Battle Manica was likely some sort of way to prevent destruction. Annoying. Not to mention, that beast that destroyed spells and traps would still be lurking in her deck thanks to that one spell. Today was just not her day.
"I'll activate the spell card, Terraforming." Rina said. A spell card rose from the ground depicting a planet being changed, and an energy blast of the same type seemed to burst from that card. "It allows me to add one field spell from my deck to my hand."
Doing so, Rina considered her cards once again.

"Next, I'll summon Winged Rhynos." Rina said. There was a thunderous boom as what appeared to be an armored, winged, humanoid rhino descended from the sky and landed in front of Rina. It snorted and took a combat ready stance, holding its club at the ready. Its stats read 1800 ATK and 500 DEF.
"I don't want to give you a free tag-out, so I'll just end my turn and see what you do." Rina said.

LP: 3100
Field: Winged Rhynos (ATK)
Grave: 7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You wish, but I've still got some more things to do this turn." Spencer said. "The destruction of your spell card by SPYRAL Tough fulfills SPYRAL MISSION - Assault's objective, meaning I can draw another card."
Spencer drew a card, then continued.
"I think I'll keep up the destruction. SPYRAL Tough, attack that face-down monster." Spencer commanded. The agent nodded before charging at Tobias' face-down monster in an attempt to destroy it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wha..." Tracy watched, mouth agape, as the Blowback Dragon card appeared to float in mid-air. The Ra Yellow girl looked over to Bob in shock, then to Dahlia. The Obelisk Blue girl also appeared surprised, but not to the same degree as Tracy. Before Tracy or Dahlia had the chance to say anything, a body pushed between Tracy and Bob. Tracy recognized the boy, Goule. She had seen him around the dorm and in class occasionally, but had never really interacted much with him.
"I... I..." Tracy said, speechless.
"Ohhhh no. No, no, no, no, no!" Dahlia said, recognizing Goule as well and walking towards the group angrily. "Now you've crossed the line from acting crazy to a full on deception! There's no way this is real!"
Dahlia turned to face Tracy.

"Tracy, I've seem magician do stuff like this before. It's fake. There's some sort of trick to this." Dahlia said. Unseen to all but Blowback Dragon, as Dahlia spoke angrily a faint, light blue sphere began to appear around Dahlia. It appeared to be almost gaseous, and had a small, white ring circling around it. Dahlia glared at Goule. "I bet this is some scheme to sucker people into the Occult Club!"

Tracy glanced from Dahlia back to the floating card.
"B... but... but Bob was with us the whole time, and we saw him pull the card from his deck..." Tracy said.
"Sleight of Hand." Dahlia said, glaring at Bob and Goule. "He knew where this place was, and could have set it up ahead of time."
The Obelisk Blue student walked over to the floating card and attempted to inspect around it carefully.
"There's got to be some sort of wires or something around here..." Dahlia muttered. Tracy looked over to Bob and Goule, confused, shocked, and a little unsure.

Tobias appeared to hesitate, a dislike on his face as his card was targeted by the Tough Spyral Agent. The Sentry Golem erupted from the ground right as Tough punched clear through the rock, reducing the ancient guardian to rubble.

"...Such disrespect for ancient designs..." Tobias spat. "If that is all, be done with it!"

"He he he...No tricks, no wires! Go on, check if you must. But this is the genuine article. Is it so hard to believe that humans aren't the only intelligent thing in our midst? As much as our dear skeptics say..."

Looking over to Dahlia, he gave her a snicker, his creepily straight teeth were showing as he found affirmation in this fortunate event.

"The souls from the other side are among us, and more than you think, dear skeptic! In fact, I have tea time every Sunday morning with them, quite a lovely time, you should join us~"

"My turn, I draw. I tribute Gladiator Beast Murmillo and tribute summon Gladiator Beast Alexander!" Murmillo disintegrated into light rays before a bipedal lion appeared on the battlefield and roared at Winged Rhynos. With 2400 atk and 600 def, it could beat over Winged Rhynos without much trouble. "Alright Alexander, Great Slash!" The Gladiator Beast roared once again before slashing at the flying rhino.

Field: Gladiator Beast Alexander (Atk)
Grave: 3

----------------------

"AH!" Bob recoiled as Goule seemingly popped out of nowhere. "Where did you come from? How did you know that we are here?" He wanted to ask more questions, but Dahlia interrupted his train of thought with an understandable outrage. "Dahlia, listen. I am not part of the Occult club or any club for that matter and even if I was, I'd not pull this shit on my friends. Here, watch."

Blowback Dragon swirled the card around Dahlia's head before floating in front of Bob, who put the card back in the deck and shuffled it. "There are no wires around here, look." Drawing the top card, he used his free hand to circle around the card to prove that there were no wires or anything around. "This is Cyber Phoenix, not Blowback Dragon. This card will also float. You know what? Draw a card of your own deck if you want. I doubt that it means that I am not crazy, but it should be proof enough that I am not lying to you." Right as Bob finished speaking, Blowback Dragon grabbed the Cyber Phoenix card and tossed it in the air before catching it again. They took a mental note of the little sphere around Dahlia, but it didn't look like a spirit they knew. They'd have to keep an eye on it. Handing the card to Tracy, the spirit floated over towards Dahlia.

"Come on, non-believer. I've managed to convince that little Ra over there, you should be no different."

The massive lion-like Gladiator Beast slashed through Winged Rhynos, and the monster exploded into pixels with a roar. Rina shielded herself as her Life Points once again fell, dropping to 2500. And once again, the Slifer Red was going to get a tag out. Rina gritted her teeth and glared at Willow.
"What now?" Rina growled.

LP: 2500
Field: Empty
Grave: 8

~~~~~~~~~

Spencer grinned as he watched Tobias become more and more upset. Even though he was slightly behind in Life Points, the Obelisk Blue felt like he was on a roll.
"Alright." Spencer said. "I'll set one card face-down, and that will be it."
A face-down card appeared in Spencer's spell and trap card zone, and he gestured to Tobias to start his turn. On SPYRAL MISSION - Assault, the number one appeared in front of the card art.
"It appears to me that your 'ancient designs' are crumbling a little bit!" Spencer called over to Tobias.

LP: 3900
Hand: 4
Field: SPYRAL Tough (ATK), SPYRAL GEAR - Drone (DEF), SPYRAL MISSION - Assault

~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia inspected the area around the card, even touching it, but was unable to find anything. She stepped back in surprise as the card seemed to float around her head before shaking her own head in denial. A second card seemed to fly around, Cyber Phoenix, but Dahlia crossed her arms and shook her head.
"That's the same thing with the Blowback Dragon card. Just because I couldn't find anything doesn't mean that this isn't a trick. I'm not an expert when it comes to these things." Dahlia said. Tracy just watched as the cards seemed to fly around, and held out her hands meekly to catch Cyber Phoenix as Blowback Dragon dropped it in her hands.

Dahlia ignored Goule's comments, glaring at the pair. The Obelisk Blue looked around before walking back to the wall and putting her back against it.
"Let me guess, I'll pull a card from my deck and you'll do something that makes it fly? I don't think so." Dahlia said. The Obelisk Blue girl took out her deck and began to shuffle it. "How about this. If this... 'spirit of Blowback Dragon' really exists, it should be able to tell you exactly what cards I have in my hand, right?"

Dahlia drew three cards from her deck, only taking a momentary glance at them before holding them at her side at an unusual angle in attempt to hide them from any cameras that she thought Bob could be using. The three cards were The Despair Uranus, Nightmare Steelcage, and Tiki Soul.

Tracy, meanwhile, looked over to Goule.
"Do... do you really have tea with spirits?" Tracy asked Goule.

Another turn, another draw. As Tobias's turn started, he noticed that Spencer grew more and more confident and snide in tandem with it. Three cards in hand now, he had begun to formulate a response to this onslaught that was unleashed upon him.

"If you think that...then allow me to show you where your lapse in judgment is located. Welcome to the Canyon...where the ancient catacombs lie!"

Placing the field spell on the field, the zone transformed around them into a dusty canyon, sand rolling in. The ever present sand appeared to be carried by the wind, which blew from behind Tobias.

"It is here that you shall be judged. Along with a noble of this Canyon. For you see, I shall tribute the Sentry soldier of stone, allowing his entrance into this mortal realm! Rise Heirosphinx!"

Cracks formed in the soldier, little bits of rocks falling off of the golem. Suddenly, from inside, a pair of powerful wings erupted from it. Like an eggshell, the rest of the golem shattered apart with an eagle like screech! A Hieracosphinx with the head of Horus appeared before the field, ready and willing to defend the Canyon.

Hieracosphinx: 2400 ATK, 1200 DEF

"And due to the divinity of the ancient ones, The Sentry Soldier comes back from the grave, so long as we hold true to the will of rock."

The rocks along the ground from the corpse of the sentry soldier began to reorganize, reforming into the Soldier of stone's main form, reappearing in attack position.

Sentry Soldier of Stone: 1300 ATK, 2000 DEF.

"Now it is time to face your reckoning head on: Sentry Soldier! Destroy the invasive drone!"

"Why? Are you interested in receiving a coveted invitation card?" Goule joked, interrupted by a hacking cough. "If your interested, I'm sure I can dust off an old chair, as long as you aren't faint of heart...heh heh-ACK!"

Goule wiped his mouth, watching as Bob's circus performance of a display continued. He sure came a long way from being afraid of spirits to palling around with one. If only the entire world could get used to spirits in such a capacity, then perhaps the planet would be that much closer to embracing the possibilities of tomorrow. Ah, but what a dream that was...

"Uhh, damn. Kenny, you speak French? I only know English and Spanish...The time and day? It's about 3 PM on Monday, why?"

"Are you okay?"
The other Ra asked, badly imitating Jacques's accent, "Do you need help?"

"Je parle anglais (I'm speaking English)," Jacques mumbled, still dazed from his impromptu camping trip. The Ra rubbed his head, squinting any time his eyes were struck by the obstructive sun, "Eh, I wheel be okay, aye tink, thenk you although, to off-air."

The French (Canadian) Ra brought his hand from his temple to his chin, striking a thoughtful pose, with his eyes winced shut still from the pain he ignored. He wished he could remember anything at all about Sunday; instead, he remembered going to be on Saturday and waking up just now -- 3 pm on Monday.

"Ehm, may-be -- did aye miss any-ting in Professor Crowler's class to-day?" Jacques asked, rolling his r's like a motor engine being revved up, scratching at his chin, "Aye do not tink he wheel be too hap-py zat I 'ave missed ano'zer of his...'insight-fool leck-chairs'."

The Ra duelist air-quoted the phrase "insightful lectures", hinting at his displeasure with the prominent Duel Academy professor.

"You know what is going to happen. I activate Gladiator Beast Alexander's effect and tag it out with Gladiator Beast Laquari!" The towering lion gladiator jumped back in the deck as a flaming pillar once again hit the field. "When Laquari is special summoned by a Gladiator Beast, its attack goes from 1800 to 2100. I end my turn. What's your next move, Obelisk? You have nothing on the field and not even Mist Valley Falcon can beat over Laquari, and I doubt that your field spell actually is useful given you have yet to play it."

Field: Laquari (Atk)

-----------------

Bob let out a sigh and shook his head, this was exactly why he wanted to keep Blowback Dragon silent. It was just not worth all the hassle. "Alright, you heard the girl. Do your thing, Blowback." Resting his hand on his hip, the boy pinched his nose bridge with his other hand. This was not reality, was it?

"You got it, boss!" Letting out a cackle, the spirit attempted to look at the cards that Dahlia was holding. "Oh come on girl, don't do this to me." Floating through the wall to have their head poke out right where the cards were, they called out the names of the cards. "Pretty terrible hand, not gonna lie. This feels like one of your hands, though I am pretty sure your deck doesn't have Nightmare Steelcage, Tiki Soul and The Despair Uranus. Heheheh, Uranus. Humans find that funny, no?"

"I never should've let you read those jokes online. I regret everything." Letting out a groan, Bob looked up at the sky and began listing off cards. "Blowback Dragon told me that you have Nightmare Steelcage, Tiki Soul and The Despair Uranus in your hand, and they think that it is a bad hand. I don't know The Despair Uranus, so I cannot judge. Does that satisfy your curiosity?" The Ra Yellow asked before hissing a threat at the air next to him, where Blowback Dragon was hanging out now. "Make another Uranus joke and you're going into the side deck, got it?"

---------------

"You missed the usual hating on Slifers and information about a tournament that will be hosted in the near future. If I may ask, why weren't you at the lecture? Did you oversleep or something? Maybe you're a transfer student? I wouldn't know though, do you Kenny?" Maya turned to the Ra besides her, hoping that he knew what was going on with this French boy. It was all kinda weird to her, just a random Ra Yellow with no clue what was going on in the middle of nowhere. The only thing that was missing was an empty bottle or something.

"What, I should have played my Field Spell last turn so you could just destroy it with your bird Gladiator Beast?" Rina shot back at Willow. The Obelisk Blue girl drew a card and looked down at it, before setting it on the field. A face-down card appeared in the spell and trap card zone in front of Rina.
"I end my turn." Rina said. The Obelisk Blue girl was clearly upset with how the duel was going.

Field: 1 set spell/trap
Grave: 8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The massive stone soldier slashed through the drone, instantly destroying the small machine. It was in defense mode, so Spencer didn't take any damage. The SPYRAL Tough glanced over to the Sentry Soldier nervously before facing down the sphynix, readying himself for a fight. Spencer simply stayed silent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy's curiosity quickly turned to concern as Goule began to cough violently.
"H-hey, are you okay?" Tracy asked. Was he having some sort of asthma attack? That was the last thing she needed in a crazy day like this right now. The ghost of Blowback Dragon, here and haunting Bob. Was that even a right term? Haunting Bob? Tracy watched as Dahlia tested the spirit in her own way.

Dahlia's eyes went wide, and her face went pale when Bob listed off the names of the cards in her hand. The Obelisk Blue girl double checked, then triple checked that the cards were right. Putting them back in her deck, she began to check the wall and ground for any signs of hidden cameras, or anything. Nothing.
"I... I..." Dahlia stammered. For the first time in a while that Tracy could remember, Dahlia looked truely thrown off balance. "... I have to go."
The Obelisk Blue girl jumped off the wall and began to quickly make her way back towards the dorms.

"Ships are safest in the harbor, but that's not what ships are meant to do. If you're afraid that your spells and traps get destroyed, then don't play the game. Show me how you earned your rank as Obelisk, preferably before I beat you. My turn, draw! I set one monster face down and attack you directly! Gladiator Beast Laquari! Fire Lash!" The tiger gladiator formed a whip out of the flames and lashed out at Rina, attempting to inflict 2100 direct damage. Meanwhile Willow crossed her arms and huffed, she feared Obelisk Blue when her members were like this? The ones she had lost to must have been the exception, not the rule. Crowler would have an aneurysm if he found out about this.

Field: Gladiator Beast Laquari (atk), set monster

--------------------

Watching Dahlia run off in what Bob presumed to be fear, he let out a sigh and let himself fall down onto his butt. "It is exactly this reason why I try to keep Blowback Dragon hidden and why I tried to write it off as over-exertion. Tracy, can you make sure that Dahlia is okay? I have a sneaking suspicion that she won't be willing to see me for quite some time. I'll be fine, I think she needs you now more than me. As for that Cyber Phoenix card, I ain't using it anymore. Feel free to keep it or whatever, I don't really care. I did what I wanted to do today, so I can't complain."

"Eheheheheh, look at that girl run! Go, Blue, go! Pump those crazy legs! Man, she's got some speed going on there. You'd almost think that she'd seen a ghost, oh wait. She did. Ahahahahahahah!" Blowback Dragon was revelling in the reaction of Dahlia, causing Bob to sigh again and snap his fingers.

"Can it, okay? The girl's no better than me when I first met you, Zomboy over there can testify for that."

Seeing the situation of his dormmate brought a sense of déjà vu to Kenny, of a moment he didn't particularly want to relive. Certainly not this soon after. An image of Sky Galloping Gaia the Dragon Champion disintegrating in the middle of his attack, and Kenny subsequently waking up in the grass with a splitting headache...

He gritted his teeth in frustration, letting Maya take care of answering the guy's questions about the lecture. Not like he was much of a help anyway, since he'd slept through them as well.

"Maybe you're a transfer student? I wouldn't know though, do you Kenny?"

Kenny snapped back to attention as his name was mentioned by the Obelisk Blue girl. "Dunno," he responded a little more aloof than he'd intended to, "I'm not familiar with all the other Ra students."

"You missed the usual hating on Slifers and information about a tournament that will be hosted in the near future. If I may ask, why weren't you at the lecture? Did you oversleep or something? Maybe you're a transfer student? I wouldn't know though, do you Kenny?"

His fellow Ra - called Kenny by the Obelisk girl - seemed caught in an unpleasant daydream, only brought out of it by the mention of his name.

"Dunno," Kenny responded, still seeming somewhere far away in his head, "I'm not familiar with all the other Ra students."

"May-bee ah am," Jacques shrugged off the Obelisk girl's question like a duck does water running down its back, knowing full well that he'd been at Duel Academy for going on two years, having earned his promotion from Slifer to Ra, "Eh, aye guess aye did ovar-sleep a lil, non? A-hah -- how could aye not? Zat elitist snob Crowler's leck-chairs are non so good, aye tink. A tourn-ah-men', you say, eh? Quite interesting, if you fan-cy zat soart of zing."

Reaching out to pat his fellow Ra on the shoulder in a re-affirming, friendly way, the French (Canadian) duelist let out an infectious laugh. "Mah name eez Jacques Demois," He said, "An' do no be so sad, yeh? Is a beautiful day indeed! An' - encore mieux (even better) - to-day is not yesterday! Yeh?"

Rina began to turn red in the face at Willow's constant verbal jabs.
"I don't have to justify myself to you!" Rina yelled, then gestured to her face-down card. "Trap card, activate! Compulsory Evacuation Device!"
Rina's face-down card flipped up to reveal a Trap Card. It's art depicted a monster being launched out of some sort of building or device.
"This card allows me to return one monster on the field to the hand, and I choose your Gladiator Beast!" Rina said. A blast of wind shot from the trap card, attempted to knock Laquari away and back into the hand.

Gladiator beast Laquari was hit by the blast of wind, getting sent flying back to the hand and leaving Willow with a single card on the field. "Hmm, so you've actually got a bite. I end my turn." Willow was not going to let Rina get away with that trick she tried to pull at the start, and her lower ranking actually was a benefit once. It would only be a matter of time before the Obelisk would make a mistake and that's when she would get punished. All she had to do was wait, and then strike like a thunderbolt to clip her little birds.

Field: Set monster
Hand: 1

Tobias gave a satisfied look, opening his hand wide at the monster before him.

"Now that the intel gathering machination is no more, the ambassador from up high shall lay down judgment. Heirocosphinx, Screech of Anubis! Monster Yield!"

Heirocosphinx's eyes blinked a green flicker as it took to the air, stretching out it's wings wide, blocking the sun in a way to where it formed a silhouette of a Phoenix below. It charged you a grey sphere in it's mouth, the coloration shifting to green before it let out an ear piercing screech down to destroy the secret agent.

"Heh...heheheck! It is simply my cross to bear, metaphorically, at least as far as you are concerned." Goule responded vaguely. "When one's soul is on shaky ground, one must alter their body to make for certain a vengeful spirit doesn't shatter what exists...Inside and out."

The implications for this were not pretty, but Goule didn't seem to care. Instead, he let out a coarse cackle that sounded like one was blowing into sandpaper.

"Ha...some people aren't cut out for this sort of thing. If a toddler cannot understand calculus yet, you must but simply wait...they'll come around. Or not, but who am I to say? Hehehe..."

Slumping his body a little oddly to the left, where his spine looked all crooked, he pointed a creaking finger up at Bob.

"You seem in high spirits...no pun intended. Perhaps spiritual enlightenment was kind for you? Hmmm? Yes-Yes?"

Bob turned his head to face Goule and could not even bring himself to try and understand him, this kid just had to be more dense than he was. There was just no way that he was anything else but dense, right? "You call this being in good spirits? I am in arguably the worst possible spot a student can be in and one of my friends got scared off by my own dumb actions, all because I just had to open my mouth when I could've easily kept it shut. If constantly having a sword of Damocles hanging above your head and carelessly tossing a knife into the air is considered high spirits, I dread to figure out what the hell you consider to be a bad mood." Getting up from the ground, the Ra Yellow clenched his fists as Blowback Dragon seemed to show something akin to concern.

"Take it easy dude, don't get yourself into more trouble than you already are. Unclench that fist before you lose your cool and hurt someone you care about."

"Don't get yourself into more trouble than you already are." Bob mocked Blowback Dragon by repeating the line in a higher pitched voice. "Do you think that I don't already know that? I tell myself that every day and it is awful! Calculating the results of every single action you take is exhausting and incredibly limiting. I can barely talk to others without thinking that it will be used against me, and look at where that got me! I revealed one of my biggest secrets, your existence and now one of the people that I trusted has ran away and to be completely honest, I can't blame them! A crazy kid with a ghost is scary for everyone not named Goule, and I am pretty sure I gave her the final reason to cut all ties with me before reinforcing them. If I didn't make a promise to Trevor, I would've been outta here already after punching that scum of the earth in the face!"

For once, Blowback Dragon had nothing to say as Bob spewed his frustrations at seemingly thin air. It seemed that Goule gave him the last push he needed to finally say what was on his mind.

"...doesn't seem so bad to me."

Goule looked between him, Tracy, and the invisible spot Blowback was most likely floating in. he then gave a strained chuckle.

"If you were truly in bad spirits, you wouldn't have any friends to turn to, not gather like this. Sounds to me your missing out on what's really important."

Goule gave a smirk that seemed like it was wrinkling like an older citizen, seeing not too much wrong with the situation.

"But that's my two cents."

Willow ended her turn, and Rina took a moment to compose herself. This Slifer was good. Real good. And she needed to keep a cool head if she wanted to win this duel. Rina looked back to Willow, a fire of determination in her eyes. She wasn't going to lose, not to a Slifer. Rina drew a card to start her turn.
"I activate the Spell Card, Pot of Greed. With this, I can draw two more cards." Rina said. The iconic grinning green pot appeared on the field, spitting out two cards into Rina's hand.
"Next, I'll activate the field spell Divine Wind of Mist Valley!" Rina said. The arena around the Obelisk Blue student and Willow began to change, transforming into a deep blue canyon. Below them, a seeming rainbow of colors seemed to flow.

"Now I'll summon a monster. Come to the field, my third Mist Valley Falcon!" Rina said. Just as before, another white-haired, winged woman with sword and shield appeared, brandishing the blade towards Willow and her face-down monster.
"And now, I'll activate another spell. The Quill Pen of Gulldos." Rina said. A spell card rose from out of the mist of colors, depicting what appeared to be a green quill. It glowed with a green energy for a moment as wind began to swirl around it. "This card allows me to return two WIND monsters from my graveyard back to my deck, and return one card from the field to the hand. So I'll do so with your face-down monster!"

The wind energy swirling around the spell card suddenly burst forward, heading straight towards Willow's face-down monster.

Field: Mist Valley Falcon (ATK), Divine Wind of the Mist Valley
Grave: 7

~~~~~~~~~~~~

SPYRAL Tough attempted to brace himself from the attack of the Heirocosphinx, but the magical attack was too much for the spy. The warrior monster exploded into pixels, and Spencer's Life Points fell to 3400. Still, the Obelisk Blue did not seemed phased in the slightest. He scratched his head, looking up at the massive monster.
"Big guy. But not the biggest one, right? You still got that Exxod lurking around in your deck?" Spencer asked. He shrugged. "I got nothing in response to that. Anything else on your end?"

LP: 3400
Hand: 4
Field: SPYRAL MISSION - Assault, face-down spell/trap

~~~~~~~~~~~

Goule's response didn't exactly alleve Tracy;s concern. Alter one's body? As in, self mutilation? Was this kid okay? But before she had the chance to inquire, Bob and Goule began to talk. Or, should she say, Bob began to vent. Tracy watched Dahlia quickly walk away, disappearing around a corner and likely heading towards the Obelisk Blue Girl's Dorm.
"Hey..." Tracy said, sitting down next to Bob.
"It's okay. Dahlia's tougher than I am, she'll come around." Tracy said. "It just... takes her time to get used to new things. Like, uh... ghosts."
Tracy put her hand on Bob's shoulder once again. She looked over in the direction that Bob was speaking to Blowback Dragon, and gave the machine monster a pleading look.
"You should apologize, can't you see he's hurting?" Tracy asked Blowback Dragon.

"...Do not be so hasty. As your reckoning is at hand. You destroy the pillars of the past, and thus forget them. Did you not forget the Golem Sentry which you disgraced with your indignation? Now, he shall be the one to judge you. I reveal face down, call of the haunted! This continuous trap shall bring the long forgotten back into light! Arise Golem Sentry, from the ashes and brimstone!"

Suddenly, the rubble that was Golem Sentry began to swirl with the sandstorm of Canyon, reconstituting itself back into attack position.

Golem Sentry: 800 ATK, 1700 DEF.

"Now you see? Though you destroy them, they shall never be truly gone! Golem Sentry! Punish the evildoer! Exile of the Sand Totem!"

The Golem Sentry struck the ground with it's stone staff, a yellow symbol appearing around it. That's when the sandstorm intensified, blowing harshly toward the hostile side of the field, aiming to pepper his foe in the sands of the ancients.

The corner of Willow's mouth perked up as Rina managed to clear her field, blasting her set monster back to her hand. At last, there was something happening! She knew that she could not afford to lose this duel, but it was so easy to lose yourself in the duel. "Is now the time that we see the full power of your deck? Come on then! I know I can take it!" The Slifer exclaimed, spreading her arms as if she was waiting for Falcon to attack her. Perhaps she was just crazy though, and both were equally possible.

------------------------

"A cold comfort." Bob sneered before a pebble hit his head. "Ow! What the-?" When he looked at the culprit, any jabs that he had prepared died on his tongue as Blowback Dragon seemingly grew in size. Normally they came up to Bob's chest, but now they were as big as the actual monster and towered over the boy. "Uhhhhh." The boy took a step back as the machine took a step forward.

"Do everyone here a favor and listen to yourself! Whining about being the most unfortunate person in the world, whilst Tracy is right there! She's put up with her deck being stolen, being publicly humiliated in front of the entire school and her friend being a giant self-centered jerk! I am a spirit and almost no one can see or hear me, yet I seem to be more human than you if we determine humanity via compassion. Isn't that how you managed to get to the top of the world, intelligence and sticking together? Show me that you have the latter, because I know you have the first. You are not dumb, although I am beginning to doubt my words as we speak!"

The boy had nothing to say and instead looked down in shame, blood rushing to his cheeks as he knew that Blowback Dragon was right. What could he say, now that Blowback Dragon read him like a children's book? It was reading time at the day-care and apparently he was written in comic sans. Looking at Tracy, who tried to talk to Blowback Dragon, he shook his head. "Trace, they're right. I've been selfish and did not pay attention to others. I may be hurting, but I'd rather hurt myself than hurt others because of me."

Nodding at the words of Bob, Blowback Dragon looked at Tracy before staring at the boy again. "And don't you give me any more whining about things being your fault. Is it your fault that Weasel is an egotistical jerk? No. Is it your fault that he can't handle criticism? No. Is it your fault that Dahlia never believed in spirits? No. You're unlucky, sure, and I don't know why you play gambling cards when you are, but that is not my problem. You're not out yet, you never did anything wrong other than wallowing in your own self-pity. I've spent quite some time with you by now and although you are a snotty little brat at times, you've got a decent chance of winning. You've got friends by your side who are willing to go the extra mile, just make sure that you don't forget that they want to help you for who you are and give them a chance to voice concerns or troubles." The spirit looked at Tracy and Bob followed suit, causing his mood to improve. "Now, If you turn into a self-centered bastard, I'm leaving you. Keep that in mind."

Blowback Dragon shrunk down to the usual size and floated over to Goule. "Okay, you shambling crime against nature. Is the ability to let others see spirits in your repetoire or am I wasting my time here?"

------------

"Jacques Demois, huh? The name's Maya Garcia, pleased to make your acquaintance." Maya extended her hand for Jacques to shake, deciding to try and stay on the good side of this person who didn't seem to have it all together. He could get aggressive and even with her status as an Obelisk Blue, it would not be good news if a random Ra got punched by an Obelisk. She could already hear the rumors buzz.

Goule sneered at the comment given by blowback dragon, giving a withered hand to his forehead to try and keep himself from laughing.

"Ku...Ku...Ku...! It doesn't work like that! I can't force anyone to do anything they don't want to do. Not even the spirits. So even if I set them down and called upon the spirits, I cannot help if they decide not to answer the door... There is no one size fits all solution to this..."

He found it laughable that even a spirit such as Blowback had been about as lost as Bob himself, just on the other end of the spectrum. Taking a glance at Tracy and back to Blowback, he continued.

"And they could only see the spirit that is summoned to the square. And it shall only remain revealed after the fact as long as both want to see each other. Once severed, the connection is hard to reestablish. Buuut that's a matter for another time..."

"Laame, I thought humans would be more advanced. Oh well, it can still work. If someone ever has the desire to see me, tell me. I can already imagine one potential interested person. I'm not saying that you should convince her, but I'm also not saying that you shouldn't offer her the choice. Oh, and one more thing." Blowback Dragon floated closer to Goule's face before whispering. "Taking care of yourself is not something to be ashamed of. Just because you're interested in spirits and death doesn't mean you have to look like a corpse." Floating away from the boy, the spirit floated over to Tracy. "Heeey, Trace. You can't hear me, right? But can you see this?" Gathering pebbles and crumbled parts of the wall, the spirit made a smiley face on the ground in front of the girl.

Moving on from his silent peer without a second thought, Jacques swooped swiftly over to the Obelisk girl making introductions and took her hand to shake; his grip was gentle, like he was trying to apologize just through the body language alone. "Maya, eh," Jacques grinned, taking back his hand after their introduction and using it to stroke his chin in thought, "Ahv cores I could non be mo-are pleased to make such an acquaintance as yours, a-ha! Do no look so scared, mon cheri. I am not quite so, eh, threat-eh-neeng as you seem to tink. Harming any o-thars is ze last ting I want."

He moved his hand from his chin and used it to point at the duel disk attached to his left wrist, "Ahl zat I do -- I do for ze fun, ze thrill. Even ze dueling. Not like some of your, ah, ambitious Obelisk peers, non?" Jacques spoke with a smile spread across his face, but he couldn't hide his disdain for the 'ambitious Obelisks'. Though anyone could be insufferably ambitious, selfish, sometimes cruel. Slifer, Ra or Obelisk, or even Professors.

What was with this Slifer? Rina couldn't help but to be irritated at Willow's attitude. Even when she was on the losing end she seemed to get even more excited? Was this the weird battle-lust that warriors were depicted to have? She was looking at losing half her life points, how was she so excited?!
"I'll return Divine Wind of the Mist Valley back to my hand for Mist Valley Falcon to attack. Go, Falcon! Swooping slash!" Rina commanded. The rainbow mist and the blue canyon faded back to the arena they were fighting in, and Mist Valley Falcon launched itself into the air. It swooped towards Willow with a grin, and slashed at the duelist with it's misty blade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Golem Sentry's attack blew through Spencer, reducing his LP to 2600. Like all other attacks, Spencer didn't wince or flinch at the illusion. However, this one did make him crack a small smile.
"Alright. I'll give you that one." Spencer said. "You're gonna flip that Golem back down again, right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy's expression softened as Bob apologized, and she patted him on the shoulder. Evidently something had happened with Blowback Dragon, possibly some stern talking to?
"Hey, it's okay. Even if it's turned out you're not actually hallucinating, you've still been under a lot of stress." Tracy said, patting Bob on the shoulder. "You should take a break."
Goule began to talk to the air, and Tracy gave the other Ra Yellow a surprised look.
"You can see Blowback Dragon?" Tracy asked Goule. She noticed some movement out of the corner of her eye, and Tracy looked over as a group of pebble were rolled over. And they formed... a smiley face? Tracy looked up in surprise. This... was going to take some getting used to.

Tracy stood up and brushed some of the dirt off her clothes.
"It's still a nice day. Why don't we head down to the beach or something? I can try to talk to Dahlia to get her to come too. And you're invited too, Goule." Tracy said to the group.

Willow grinned as Mist Valley Falcon attacked her directly, grunting as the attack landed. Though her legs buckled a bit under the attack, she didn't fall. "Eheh, so you can attack. I'm looking forward to the next turn, go on then. See if you can make me bleed." She was losing, but something inside of her was burning fiercely to keep going. Only the last life point mattered, the other 3999 were there to protect it. It was not over until one of them was lying on the ground in pain, and it would not be her.

-----------------------

Bob stretched his arms and cracked his neck, he had gotten stiff with time. "Perhaps I should, I am not doing anything productive after all this. I could use some sun, though a tan would probably not be something I could get. If I did, no one would notice. I'm down for a beach trip, the weather's great as you said."

Blowback Dragon tilted their head in confusion. "A beach? Why would you go to a sandy place? Sand is rough and it gets everywhere, really messes with your machinery."

"Because humans find beaches to be fun. Fun is the motivation for many things."

------------

"I mean, even the ambitious Obelisks have fun dueling. Most just kinda suck as portraying it. I don't really care much about ambition, I just want a good duel whenever I get the itch. If a Slifer gives me that, I could not care less about rank." Maya scratched the back of her head as she admitted her thoughts. She had to force herself to not overly pronounce words, but it was so easy to slip up with how Jacques talked. Hopefully he'd grasp the language soon, this could not go on for long.

"Ah, well," Jacques shrugged, smiling at Maya, still carrying his French (Canadian) accent, though it felt a little more fluent as time went on -- his head still ached, but even that faded, with some time, "I do think plenty av' peo-ple forget what dueling can be like! Not just ze' Blue, but us Yellow and ze' Red. Indeed, ambition is a human thing!"

He paused, waving with his hand like he was wafting away a bad smell. Jacques laughed. Falling silent for a moment, the Ra duelist narrowed his eyes and seemed to just, observe Maya. Less in a creepy, teen boy way and more in a weird, robotic way -- like he was scanning her.

"Is true?" Jacques asked finally, "You just want the, eh, good duel? When you get the itch. What is a good duel, to you, if you mind my asking, Miss Maya?"

"That is a correct assumption." Tobias responded to Spencer. "The Golem will seep back into the sands, returning to Facedown defense position. With a support card to help it added in my back row, we shall see which you prioritize next turn...or it shall be your undoing."

As the monster was set in defense mode along with the Facedown spell/trap, it quickly became clear that Tobias had the numbers advantage. Three monsters vs no monsters. And double the spell and traps as well. However, Tobias now had nothing in his hand, whilst is opponent had a small arsenal at his disposal.

Tobias's Life Points:
Cards in hand: 0
Monsters on Field: Sentry Soldier of Stone (ATK), Heircosphinx (Atk), Golem sentry (Set)
Spells and Traps: Facedown, Call of the Haunted.

"Heh...yes I can see the little rapscallion." Goule scratched his neck. "Suppose I should thank the little ceremony we had for that, and the fact he wants me to see him. I wonder why that is..."

Goule stopped when he heard his invitation to the beach. He suddenly got uncomfortable, shifting and fidgeting.

"Erm...how kind of you to offer...but you see, all that sun? Makes my skin all flakey, makes me want to scratch it all raw."

His lip curled as he was already seen scratching his wrists at the mere thought of all that sunlight. Looks like he certainly wasn't a fan of the idea.

Last edited:
Rina scowled at Willow, glancing through her hand. Even though she had the upper hand, this girl still wasn't backing down. But that was all she could do.
"I end my turn." Rina said to Willow. If she could play her cards right, Rina might be able to summon out her boss monster. Then this Slifer wouldn't be laughing...

~~~~~~~~~

"Well, before I start my turn I'll activate my Trap Card, SPYRAL MISSION - Rescue." Spencer said. The face-down card flipped up to reveal a trap card depicting what appeared to be a hostage situation of some sort, a large humanoid holding a scientist captive as SPYRAL Tough and another agent approached with their weapons at the ready.
"Looks like it's my turn then." Spencer said, drawing a card.

"I'll activate the effect of SPYRAL MISSION - Rescue, which allows me to add one SPYRAL monster from my graveyard to my hand. So SPYRAL Tough might be making a return to the field soon." Spencer said.
"Next, I'll activate the effect of SPYRAL MISSION - Assault from my Graveyard. I can banish it to Special Summon one SPYRAL monster from my hand. So, SPYRAL Tough, return to the field!" Spencer said. With the same animation as before, a red sports car driving up and dropping off SPYRAL Tough before driving away, the agent was back on the field (1900 ATK/1500 DEF). The spy grinned and cracked his knuckles, surveying Tobias' monsters.

"And I think it's time he got some backup. I'll summon to the field SPYGAL Misty, in attack mode!" Spencer said. An elevator rose from the ground, and the doors opened to reveal a red-haired woman in a white suit carrying a red purse. The woman stepped out of the elevator and gave Tobias a wink before taking a battle stance (1500 ATK/1600 DEF). Spencer grinned, running a hand through his hair. "When she is summoned, her effect activates. I guess the type of the top card of your deck, and if I get it right I can draw a card. And as I recall from the drone, your top card should be a monster card right now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh..." Tracy said. It sounded like Bob was on board, but Goule apparently wasn't a fan of the sunlight. She thought about it for a moment. Little rapscallion? Tracy would have thought Blowback Dragon to be anything but small. Well, something to ask about later, probably.
"Well, maybe we could go to the hot springs? It isn't super sunny there. Or we could try to find a more shaded cove on the beach that doesn't have too much sun." Tracy suggested.

"My turn, I draw." Willow looked at the card in her hand and looked back at the field. Her hand was far from perfect, but this should help her last until she could find a way to get rid of that Falcon. "I activate Unexpected Dai! When I control no monsters, I get to special summon a level 4 or lower Normal monster from my deck. I special summon Charcoal Inpachi in defense position!" The burnt tree was special summoned to the field, wielding an impressive 2100 defense to wall out Falcon. "I set one monster face down and end my turn." It was not the most flashy turn, but it should keep her alive for now. Even if Rina got a monster out that could beat over Charcoal Inpachi, what were the chances that it could also take care of her set monster in the same turn?

If there are any gladiator spirits around, guide my hand. I refuse to let this place fall into disarray.

Willow silently prayed to herself, knowing that she had ways of beating past the Falcon. She just needed to draw the right cards next turn.

LP: 2000
Field: Charcoal Inpachi (def), set monster

-------------------------

"A good duel? A good duel is a duel that pushes both duelists to do their best, to do everything within their power to achieve victory and that leaves both duelists satisfied. Duels like those are rare, but they are always worth it when they happen. Of course, opening hands influence a large portion of the duels, but a properly made deck should be able to work with any opening hand. If it can't, that's a tell-tale sign that the deck needs some work." Maya proclaimed, keeping a sharp eye on Jacques who seemed to be scanning her. Unsure on how to feel about that, the girl straightened her back. Proper posture could make or break a first meeting after all.

--------------------------

Bob scoffed at Goule's words. "Little rapscallion, sure. If you can see them, they were far from small just a second ago." Shaking his head, the Ra Yellow put a hand on his hip. "Does direct sunlight make you feel uncomfortable or does sunlight in general? Because if it is the former, a parasol could be pretty useful, no? I'll leave the decision to you, I of all people should not force others to do something that they don't want to.

When the Obelisk straightened her posture, Jacques broke out into a wicked grin -- he kept listening as she spoke, of course, clearly interested enough to catch every word. But his grin gave off the hint that her effort to make a proper impression amused him somewhat. In turn, the Ra fixed his own poster -- teasing, to be sure, though Jacques wasn't attempting to be overtly rude.

"Ah!" He declared once she was finished speaking, "Miss May-ah, I could hear you talk your theo-ry all day! 'ave you considered lecturing? Profess-or Crowler, I think, could learn a lesson or two! A-hah!"

The French (Canadian) duelist's smile was an infectious, shining ray of light -- though he'd missed brushing the past morning, clearly it was not something he missed quite so often.

"Of course," He retorted, eyes moving between Kenny, Maya and the sky, "Is also a game of chance, non? Sure you have your card ratios and proba-bilities and what-not, but the shuffle! The draws! Up to your fingers, up to the Gods! Beautiful, yeah? The deck you control so thorough-ly in construction, you leave up to chance, to trust that what you draw, you can work with. I 'ave seen duelists tweak 'an tweak strate-gies, perfecting the imperfectible -- crushed by the odds they fought so hard to manipulate! 'An they were quite good duelists, might I add!"

Finished with his own rant, Jacques shrugged, his eyes affixing to the Obelisk girl once more.

"But you are right," Jacques added, "Win or lose, chance draw or strate-gy, the good duels are art. A ballet. A thrill and a lesson all in one! Isn't it so won-der-ful?"

"...Draw your card, agent."

This wasn't good. While Tobias had the Lead on the lifepoint and field game, his opponent has an unsettling amount of cards in their hand and growing fast. It reminded him of something distinct...familiar...

"Your not going any further!"

"...?"

A much younger Tobias had ran into a ruin, chasing down a man wearing a rather expensive suit. The man had just gotten off a phone call by the time Tobias and his small gang of kids had appeared.

"...Don't you have school to go to or something? This place is not for kids ya know."

"Silence evildoer! We know you plan to destroy this site due to the rare minerals that are rich in the vicinity! Stop this plan this instant or your blood shall paint this ruin!"

Tobias drew his bone sword, the other kids drawing their makeshift weapons as well. The main scoffed at the idea, shaking his head with a grin.

"Ha! What do you think your gonna do? Slice my throat? I already made the call, the workers arrive tomorrow. The funds have already been sent ahead of time, so killing me means nothing. So unless you plan on taking out all fifty of them, then you should just turn around and go back home."

Tobias growled, stepping back once as the man approached. Holding his blade up to the man, they put a hand in his shoulder and whispered into his ear.

"If I were you, I would stay out of my affairs, or else next time this won't end with a slap on the wrist. KID."

The venom in their tone made his blood boil. But there was nothing he could do. If he killed him, the workers would still come the next day and the place would be demolished. There was nothing to gain. Had he really lost? Without a fight? This couldn't be so...

the man walked out confidently, a smug look on his face, leaving Tobias and his makeshift crew of nobodies there in the dimly lit corridor.

This.

This will NOT be like then!

"Oh, I do bring a parasol on occasion. However, only on Sundays 8:00am to 1:00 pm. The rest of the time I do prefer to stay indoors or in other less heat oriented activities." Goule explained himself. "Must say, I am surprised you want someone of my persuasion to accompany the two of you. A brave yet courteous choice. Mhm...very well. If we are to go somewhere I'm sure I'll make it work..."

Thinking of how to get around the sunlight problem outside of the utilization of his ceremonial parasol, he had gotten an idea.

"Technically...there is a shady patch toward the shoreline. I can follow along shade of the long branches of the trees there. Just, Pardon me if I do not stray from it."

Goule appeared to act very cat like, wanting to be close, yet not too close to the group. Was this for multiple reasons? He certainly wasn't going to tell. He simply gave a pale white smile of earnest appreciation before trying to straighten out his lanky body, prepared to go.

Rina drew a card to start her turn, scowling as she looked over it and scanned the field. Any monster with less than 1800 ATK points would be destroyed by that gladiator beast in her hand, which would allow her to tag out and summon another gladiator. Defense mode was out of the question as well, as the same thing would occur.
"Just you wait. Hiding behind a wall won't save you." Rina said. "I end my turn."

Hand: 3
Field: Mist Valley Falcon (ATK)
Grave: 9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Spencer getting the guess right, SPYGAL Misty began to search through her purse. She produced a duel monster card and tossed it to Spencer. The Obelisk Blue grinned, drawing a card.
"Now, I'll activate SPYRAL Tough's effect. I'll be targeting your face-down spell or trap card for destruction. We both know the card on your deck is a monster card, so unless you're going to activate it, say bye-bye!" Spencer said. SPYRAL Tough produced a device from his suitcase and pointed it at Tobais' face-down card, messing with it as it shot a beam of energy at the card.

LP: 2600
Hand: 5
Field: SPYRAL Tough (ATK), SPYGAL Misty (ATK), SPYRAL MISSION - Assault, SPYRAL MISSION - Rescue
Banished: 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Blowback Dragon could change sizes? At least, that's what Bob made it sound like. As Goule described a section of the shoreline he would be comfortable staying in, Tracy's eyes lit up as she recognized what he was describing.
"Oh! I think I know the place!" Tracy said. "I'll go get Dahlia, and we can all meet up in front of the Ra Yellow dorm and head there together! Maybe we could find like a beach umbrella to borrow as well. It's settled then."
Tracy jumped off the wall and began to make her way towards where Dahlia had headed off, waving back at Bob and Goule.
"See you guys in a minute!" Tracy said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia made her way down the trail, out of the woods and towards the Obelisk Blue dorms. Her mind was racing. There was no way. Just no way! But what other explanations were there? Cameras? But how would he know to set cameras, and even at that angle!? There was just no way. But if spirits were real, well... what did that mean? The Obelisk Blue girl shivered as she looked down at the cards she had drawn once again. The Despair Uranus. A planet card. She could remember her brother's joking warnings when she had managed to get her hands on her second planet card, the Splendid Venus.

"As the legend goes, gather all of them and a great evil would be released..."

Dahlia shook her head once again. No. Nope. They were just cards. No ghosts, no spirits. Just cards. They didn't have any curses, any magic, nothing of that sort. Whatever happened back there was perfectly explainable...

So consumed by her own thoughts, Dahlia did not notice as she walked past Maya and the other students talking near the dorms.

"Tch...! Then it seems you leave me no option. Reveal trap, Waboku!"

Suddenly, three robed women had rushed into the field, praying earnestly. Their chants rang as Spyral tough's projectile toward them. They all opened their eyes, widening their hands out. Suddenly, a large field of light was erected between Tobias and his foe. the projectile slammed into the barrier, which radiated with energy.

"The desperate prayer of a widow's call. This wish? To ensure the safety of the ruins! No monster shall be destroyed upon my field for the rest of your turn! Nor shall I suffer any damage from their battle actions. We will not allow you to destroy our structures with your infernal devices!"

"Hiding behind a wall does indeed not secure victory, but it does allow me to gather resources for an offensive push. My turn, I draw!" Willow drew her card and resisted the urge to smile. Now this was a good card, but not quite what she needed. She'd hang on to it for now, it wasn't as if she was going to get punished for not using it. Rina seemingly had nothing to beat over Charcoal Inpachi or her set monster, so the Slifer could gather cards to finish the fight. She already had a couple of plans in mind, but she had to wait before actually performing it. All she needed was one card, then she could win this match.

LP: 2000
Field: Charcoal Inpachi (def), set monster
Grave: 4

---------------------

"Bye Trace, see ya in a bit." Bob waved Tracy goodbye as she left him alone with Goule. Turning to the fellow Ra Yellow, Bob raised an eyebrow. "So, you were left alone by Weasel? I'd assume so, or else you would not casually hang about with me. How did you even find us here, did a spirit snitch on us?" The boy glanced at Blowback Dragon, who immediately shook their head.

"I did no such thing! What motivation would I have to do so? I spent all night searching through your room, I didn't have time to alert the corpse kid!"

Bob cupped his chin, eventually judging that Blowback Dragon was speaking the truth. "Hmmm, alright. You get a pass for now."

------------------

"Lectures? I dunno, I'm not sure if I'm the right person to give lectures. I'd need to actually have a teaching certificate first before I can do that." Maya scratched her cheek with her index finger, unsure what to think about the image of her giving a lecture and the dramatic way of expressing his thoughts that Jacques had. Hoping to find a distraction, the Obelisk Blue looked around and spotted Dahlia headed towards them. "Hey Dahlia!" To her surprise, her new rival just passed them by. Cocking an eyebrow, she raised her hands to be near her mouth to amplify her voice. "HELLO! EARTH TO DAHLIA!"

"Eh-heh, do you think zat some-one tru-ly gave Crowler a tea-ching cer-tifi-cate?" Jacques asked, half under his breath. He watched the Obelisk teeter nervously, almost like the girl didn't quite know how to handle him. He let her seethe in that for a moment while his attention turned to Kenny, who seemed so lost in thought he might as well be comatose. But then footsteps crunched down the grass nearby, and by them, and past them.

"Hey Dahlia!" Maya said, both happy for a distraction and seeming suddenly determined. Until the new Obelisk girl who had been walking near them blew all three of them by, not paying any sort of attention. Maya seemed almost hurt by it, calling out "HELLO! EARTH TO DAHLIA!"

Following suit, Jacques waved a hand in front of the dazed Kenny's face, saying, "'Allo? Eart' to Ken-ny?"

The French (Canadian) Ra sighed, looking up to the sky as he asked, "Why are so man-y of our heads in ze cloud to-day?"

How very nice. Goule noted the gradually accepting nature of the group, which was unusual about those that he interacts with. He couldnt name how many times he was forced to take a drug test after students false accusations. It was a nice change of pace. Albeit they did tend to cling onto the smallest of words. He had to remember that, else their might be a hideous understanding some day.

"Oh...?" His head creaked to meet Bob, who offered a forced chuckle. "I think he was otherwise engaged with you. Some loud banging and yelling. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that was some lover's spat. You know what they say, love is only one bad experience away from hate. He he he."