• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Favourite Pokemon

my favorite pokemon is Darkrai

i saw him the first time in pokemon ranger... i needed to capture him
then i saw his movie: the rise of Darkrai and i totaly liked him ^^
during this movie is almost even cry when everybody start attacking Darkrai

My favorite pokemon would have to be a tie between
Pikachu and Swinub. Pikachu because I love the way his voice sounds. It's so adorable! And Swinub because it kinda resembles a pig. And Piggies are cute. ^____^

My favourite is Crobat, I was looking for a pokémon that would take care of the flying need and would resist Fighting type moves. Crobat's got its resistances in spades and can really put hurting on while being the quickest Confuse Ray and Hypnosis in the game. It learns Cross Poison, which is one of my favourite moves, and recently it got Heat Wave in order to hit opponents with a surprise fire attack. Volkner says that Electivire is a pokémon that he just has to have in his team; for me that pokémon is Crobat.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's very hard to chose my favorite Pokemon, since I've worked with SO many of them. So, I think I will share only some of my favorites.

Luvdisc- Was my fav. pokemon before 4 Generation. I'm not sure why, but I think it was because it was so cute. I never really trained one though, maybe I will sometime.

Piplup- Adorable. That's mostly the reasons behind all of these. However, once it evolves into Empoleon he is very good at battling. He is resistant to many attack types.

Salamence- Plain. Awesome. Very good battler, I think he has fainted only a few times.

Snorlax- Amazing-ness. Perfect endurance fighter.

Gyarados- My attacker. With a great moveset and stats. He may be over used, but I don't care.

Medicham- Used in the battle tower on Ruby. Just one of my favs for no reason.

Heres more that I don't feel like commenting: Magmortar, Electivire, Crobat, Ryhperior, Honchcrow.

My favorite pokemon is flareon.

My reason being the fact that people are always saying stuff like "man, that pokemon sucks!" or "Your a noob get a better one like vaporeon!" and thats just not the case because Flareon can be good if you train it right. I've lost many pokemon battles but I've never lost one with my flareon on my team, as for all the vaporeon and jolteon comments I get, NEWS FLASH: MY FLAREON HAS NEVER LOST A BATTLE TO EITHER SPECIES!!!! And thats why I say "FLAREON IS KICKASS!"

Hmmm, My personal favorite would be Eevee but it always wasn't this.
I used to have a huge thing for Sandslash and Golduck as well, but I still like them quite a lot.
Lets see, if I had to name my two favorite from each gen. it'd be: Eevee/Sandslash, Wooper/Mareep, Ralts/Zangoose, and Togekiss/Froslass.

Just flicking through on the first page and I saw that Charizard was mentioned a few times same with Evee in the following pages. But although every pokemon is special in its own way. I think my fave is Charizard, what more could you want. If you EV trained its special attack, then use Sunny Day followed by Fire Blast, that is just one of the possibilities. And it can learn flying type moves aswell as Fireand Dragon(My two fave types) I think Charizard is one of the strongest pokemon of 'em, all.

My favorite Pokemon of all time is Blastoise. I remember seeing it on the cover of Blue version and fell in love with it ever since. While its not a huge powerhouse like Charizard, it can take plenty of hits, both physical and special. But I believe it is Blastoise alone who perfected the Hydro Pump.

Another fave of mine is Zapdos, my favorite Flying Pokemon and my favorite of all the Legendary Birds (even Ho-oh and Lugia). It has a deadly combination of electric and flying and can easily defeat the other 4 legendary birds with ease.

My newest favorite has to be Scizor though. I recently learned of how big a power house this guy can be, despite his speed. When I used it, it can take down foes a few levels higher than it with a single X-Scissor. Not only that but he has a decent range of moves and only has one weakness (which is sadly a 4x multiplier).

I have a lot that are my favorite, but my top 6 are:

1. Pikachu (everyone's favorite)
2. Lucario (for his aura powers and half dog appearance)
3. Deoxys (the forms are beyond cool)
4. Arceus (does what no other pokemon can...change types of the plate it holds)
5. Darkrai (Dark Void and his shadow appearance)
6. Blaziken (best fire/fighting type yet)

I can't make up my mind so yup .

1) Vulpix - All time round love, but I don't use them, just so gorgeous cute looking.
2) Mew - Loved since young, loved how it's so small and powerful .
3) Suicune - Mane is gorgeous :D
4) Charizard - All time favourite and I love using him also.
5) Swampert - Loved it since the RSE comes out, cool Ground/Water combo .
6) Latias - Loved since I saw it on magazine before RSE was released.
7) Shaymin - Loved for it cuteness.

I have a lot of favorites all of them grass types, and I just can't seem to chose between Shaymin Skye Form and Leafeon :-\

~Leafeon reasons
•First off it's part of the eveelutions
•Second it's so cute beautiful and graceful
•Third I've been training them since invented and I've grown attached

~Shaymin reasons
•I fell in love with shaymin at first sight even when they had only made its land forme
•In Skye form it is strong cute and strangely intimidating witch I think makes it extreamely unique
•Third it is just so undescibly amazing even if it's the anoying one on top of Ash's head :D

I would say my favorite pokemon is Arcanine, I mean who doesn't think its extreme speed is awesome? I also like it because that one episode with the extremely fast Arcanine. I can't remember the name though.

I would have to say Blaziken is my favourite Pokemon, though Charizard, Dragonite, Salamence, Metagross, Grovyle, Pikachu and Hitmonlee are all close seconds.

Hello, I am new to this webite! I say my fav. pokemon is.....Shinx! I love that he starts off so so so cute, and then evolves into a scary looking thing. He can learn Bite, Spark, and oher cool moves so I can use him against a lot of other pokemon. I know I can always rely on him in any battle. Unbreon is my second fav. Thanks for reading!!

My Favorite Pokemon are in my main team: Feraligatr, (and his evolution family) Crobat, Arcanine, Walrien, Ambipom and Gligar.

My other team which I only use for Pokemon contests consists of my following favorites: Smeargle, Mothim, Torterra, Sandslash and Mantine.

My would have to be Umbreon. The reason is Dark is really good in weakness cause some of them can learn pyshic moves which takes care of it's fighting weakness. Plus I don't see many people use bug type.
Also stat wize, Umbreon has relly good Defence and Sp. Def. so most attacks do little damage. Plus Moonlight can heal large amount of damage.

Mine is a huge toss up. Its almost a dead tie between Blaziken, Ampharos, and Blastoise.
I like Blaziken due to good stats, useful start type, and the fighting it gains as Combushkin is quite helpful. That and it looks pretty good.
Ampharos is up there because I can never properly train a decent electric type early on, and therefore do not have a very good one when I get to the Elite Four. Early capture and not too shabby stats. Only shame is that Thunderbolt is not a TM in the version it comes in.
Finally Blastoise. Excellent water type, also a starter, and I love the look. Also, in gen 1 and remake, it is the only starter that does not gain a useless secondary type.

I'm also quite a fan of Tyranitar. Larvitar is always nice and young, learns Earthquake, Crunch, etc. Yeah, a little over used but its the only Psudeo-Legendary I really really like.