• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your current music

So whatcha all lsiten to.

Lately I've been namely listening to Taking Back Sunday and a few hardcore bands.
I know some of you are from the UK so you maybe familiar with Funeral for Friend whom in my oppinion is one of the better hardcore bands of this generation.

From Autumn to Ashes i another great hardcore band whom i listen to alot.

Also Anberlin a christian rock emo band from florida they are quite awesome.

Hawthorne Heights and Coheed and Cambria are also pretty cool.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
QuagsireQing said:
I've listened to the soundtrack for The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap twice in the last two days. I'm on a bit of a Minish Cap kick right now.

Is this something you bought or downloaded?

My play lists usually jump between Anime and video game music, but sometimes I'll stick on a choice few English vocal songs too.

Lately I've been scouring Kazaa Lite for Xenogears music, but before the Christmas break I was obsessed with the Black Mages first CD and a few Japanese Pokemon songs. I go through phases where I'll listen to one or a few songs over and over again.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Really liking Linkin Park at the moment - their collab with Jay Z for Encore Vs Numb rocks beyond belief and their other songs are really quite good too.

After hearing a live track too - they're one of the few rocky bands that actually sings decently Live.

Greenday are rockin at the moment too ^^ Boulevard of Broken Dreams and American Idiot are taking over my MP3 Player along with Linkin Park.

Skillet - under my skin . Skillet are an awesome band.
Green day - any song :p. I've been listening to green day for most of my life my Dad was and still is a huge fan so theres always been green day tapes and cd's about my house. (fun fact: did you know Green day used to be called sweet child?)
Normally any punk-rock band sounds ok to me. I'm also a big fan of old school rock, thin lizzy, sabbath, deep purple, Iron maiden, Ozzy ozbourne, a bit of alice cooper (poison is one sweet song) genrally any of the older stuff is also good.

Not into pop-punk like Simple plan and Goodcharlotte though they are talented bands they churn out a lot of made-for-screaming-13-year-old-girls, songs.

Yea I remembering going to see story of the year live and all the young girls there wanting to see story whilst I mainly went for the Lost Prophets as they do a fairly descent live show and the nintendo video games. Live shows are awesome thoug, you ahve to understand you don't really go to live rock shows for the singing it's for all the mosh pits and all the stage acts people do.

Lyrically the best singing band I've seen live is Taking Back Sunday. They really get everything down with their accoustics.

I use to listen to Linkin Park way back when. lol I was expecting people to list video game music, I everyonce and awhile will pop in my orchestrated cd of Smash Bros Melee.

lol anymore I listen to eevrything.

Evergreen Terrace is a great cover band to abd their original stuff is lacking.

I believe if I put as much emotion into college as I do when I'm at a concert I'd be the most genious person there is lol. (Eric's touring schedule) Febraury (Washington DC The Used concert)
March 5th(Sugarcult, Hawthorne Heights and Anberlin) Pittsburgh
April Cleveland (not sure who's playing but I like the arena)
May Cinci(I've always wanted to go to cinci and I believe one of my favorite bands play there I think funeral plays)

Rest of the eyar probably a concert a month total expenditures on gas: 120 dollars
total expenditures on tickets: 75 dollars
total expenditures on hospital bill from broken ribs: expensive

total expnditures for a great mosh pit: priceless

(sorry had to do one of those priceless things lol)

"Damien said:
Not into pop-punk like Simple plan and Goodcharlotte though they are talented bands they churn out a lot of made-for-screaming-13-year-old-girls"]

Excuse me. Im am not a 13 year old girl. Simple Plan has seemed to dominate my MP3 player and CD player.

Also trying to find American Idot (The new Green Day CD)

And I am obsessed with Broken. The whole Seether Amy Lee thing rocks.

And off to Wal-Mart to get the new/old Counting Crows CD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
DC++? Never heard of it before... Sounds useful :)

Ah, here's one of the songs I've obsessively listened to over the past few months... True from the Dragon Drive anime. At the moment it's probably one of my favourite up-beat Japanese songs. Nice lyrics - I can very much so relate to parts of them (translations o'course). Me wishes I could understand Japanese better :oops:

I can't believe I forgot to mention Alexis on Fire. Named after a Model whom wears hardly any clothing this band kicks it. They play mostly in canada and I may just have to go and see them next tiem I am in Canada. Alexis on Fire rocks. They are extreme.

Well I'm going back to my bubble now lol.

Ultracow said:
Also trying to find American Idot

American Idot, eh? Album sounds interesting. But I hope to someday pick up Green Day's "American Idiot".....or at least borrow it.

Nightwish is currently my obsession......I LOVE "Once" and adore "Century Child". But to get "Wishmaster", "Oceanborn", and "Angels Fall First", I have to order online :cry:

Anything else? Well, there's Avril Lavigne, and other random crap which I too lazy to fill in....

"Ultracow said:
Damien said:
Not into pop-punk like Simple plan and Goodcharlotte though they are talented bands they churn out a lot of made-for-screaming-13-year-old-girls"]

Excuse me. Im am not a 13 year old girl. Simple Plan has seemed to dominate my MP3 player and CD player.

Yeah and like i said they're talented but there aimed at teenage girls who are willing to spend loads of money on posters, cds, t-shirts, tickets to concerts. If they wern't they'd have at least one ugly band member. It's true look at the old bands Motorhead for example Lemmy is one of the ugliest men in history but the band make some damn fine music. You find it everywhere bands with members who all have Ken style good looks appeal to mouldable teenage girls ready to absorb whatever the band say and do, Ugly people make great music but appeal to more mature males and females who can respect the band for there music not there looks.

Yeah so i have a very warped way of looking at things but you know i'm right :p. There are bands to which this rule does not apply. and just because there aimed at young woman doesn't mean there music won't appeal to guys and girls of all ages.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Lugiasian said:
Ultracow said:
Also trying to find American Idot

American Idot, eh? Album sounds interesting. But I hope to someday pick up Green Day's "American Idiot".....or at least borrow it.

If you're going to tease Arek about his typos be prepared for a lot of work (no offence, buddy) ;)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Avril Lavigne gets too much of a bad rap for her poppy-rocky-grunge style that was quite likely pushed onto her by her record label.

Her songs are actually really quite good - I don't think i've heard one i didn't like.

And lets face it, she's not exactly unpretty. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'd say it's both a mixture of her style and people thinking she's fake. From what I've heard a few of her interviews and her actions in public didn't match up :p

What can you expect, though? She's just a young singer doing what she's told. I don't hold it against her because she can actually sing!

Doctor Oak said:
Avril Lavigne gets too much of a bad rap for her poppy-rocky-grunge style that was quite likely pushed onto her by her record label.

Her songs are actually really quite good - I don't think i've heard one i didn't like.

And lets face it, she's not exactly unpretty. ^^

*hisses* Avril was better circa 2002....when she was smashing cars. Now she's just wearing pretty little dresses. :p However, her songs RULE, and I own both of her albums. That SO rocks.

But nothing compares to the awesomeness of NIGHTWISH!!!!! :D :D :D

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
At the mo, it's cycling through Busted's Thunderbirds Are Go, Keane's Bedshaped and Duncan James and Keedie's I believe my heart. I'm so soppy. :)

Lol I told you one of these days I'll list all of my common typoes Which is like every word in the english language lol. I can't help it I usually type to fast lol.

Let's see Today has been a Blessed Union of Souls mood. Nice classic feel.

Also how could I forget vintage Smashing Pumpkins Mellen Collie and the Infinite Sadness was probably their best work though. I guess I'm in an early 90's mood for music right now lol.

(ing words become ign words :p)

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Am SOOO old. Have barely heard of most of these bands :D.

Am currently listening to a lot of Blink-182, which is positively new music for me (didn't they have an album out only last year?!). Before that I was on a Wolfsbane kick - Wolfsbane were a heavy metal band from the North of England who were vaguely popular around 1990. I was into them from their first album (fan no. 862 in their fan club) and they were just about to get big when the lead singer upped & joined Iron Maiden, after several months of telling everyone that no, he wasn't going to join Iron Maiden... Hrm. Hadn't actually listened to any of their stuff in about 5 years, but I was in a weird mood and picked up one of their CDs at random - then listened to it non-stop 3 times followed by all the others 3 times :).

These days I mostly listen to modern punk and lo-fi (dEUS, eels, Pixies) with some synthpop, 80s pop and game soundtrack music for good measure. And I still love The Wildhearts (been into them since 1993!).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm in love with the Final Fantasy Tactics OST ^_^

I can't even begin to describe how amazing and beautiful I think this music is. Sakimoto and Iwata did just as great a job as Mitsuda or Uematsu ever could've. Supposedly Sakimoto is working on FFXII's music, too... Man, I can't wait to hear what he cooks up! :D

Everyone give a big shout for RATM (and Audioslave), now that's my easy listining fix. I'm also currently getting into The Verve since they released their greatest hits.

Listening to Prodigy and Slayer mostly at the moment, I started listening to Pantera as well after the guitarist was killed last month.

Straylight Run has been taking most of my time now. Also the few songs involving the feud between Brand New and Taking Back Sunday. (Honestly looking at it Brand New equaled new taking back sunday then after john left tbs straylight run technically is an improved taking back sunday) :p

Coco said:
Audioslave is great as well(I got to see them live).

Aargh! you lucky son of a humpin stormtrooper! I wish I got the chance to see such cool bands live. The most well known artists to come to my small town are Goldenhorse and Shihad :evil:

I can listen to everthing except rap and hip-hop crap!!! no affence to any one who likes rap 0R hip-hop, its just not my type of music.

I love Fukai Mori(Deep Forest) from inuyasha!!!!! My favorite song!!!!

I can listen to everthing except rap and hip-hop crap!!! no affence to any one who likes rap 0R hip-hop, its just not my type of music.

Plz don't post things that are talking about other peps fav music cuz
it isn't very nice!! Or it doesn't have anything to do with this subject!!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Meowth, when I said tell Meoketh what I told you I didn't mean on the forums. Leave that kind of stuff to the mods ^^;

Plus, what she wrote does pretain to the topic, and it's fine if she doesn't like rap or hip-hop. As long as she's not outwardly bashing someone who does each to their own, eh?

I like Fukai Mori a lot, too. It's a very beautiful sounding song, and the translations are just as nice. I can't say it's my favourite anymore, tho. That spot belongs to Chiisaki mono, end song of the 6th Japanese Pokemon movie.

It's fugi mori anyway I like song of truth and the beginning for hack//SIGN but I don't know what it's called I also liked the second ending for gundam seed.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
TheBlueAvenger said:
I still say they're the same person...

They were both online at the same time, and the IPs still don't match :p

Alex Bock said:
It's fugi mori anyway I like song of truth and the beginning for hack//SIGN but I don't know what it's called I also liked the second ending for gundam seed.

No, it's Fukai mori. Believe me on that one (they use the words in the lyrics) :wink:

If I remember correctly the beginning of .hack is called "Obsession". I'd have to search out the title to be sure, though. Personally I like the end theme, "Yasashii Yoake", a lot more than the intro.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, "Grip" is a VERY good song. I love it much lots ^_^
I also really like "Owarinai Yume" (3rd OP) quite a bit too. For awhile I was completely hooked on it and listened to it multiple times a day. Did the same with the end song "Dearest", but its appeal has kinda worn off me now. I still love "Fukai Mori" as much as ever, tho. Inuyasha has a lot of very nice songs :)

I found "Dearest" a very sad song and that's why I liked it so much but your write the song dosen't have a big impact on me as it used too because of all these new Inuyasha songs. Ohhh I forgot what I've been listen to all summer the FireEmblem theme song on SSBM I also like the BigBlue theme song.