• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your current music

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Why oh why do the parental controls stop me listening to stuff on the web... Being a Brit, I have no idea what any of that stuff sounds like. :(

HOWEVER. We have the best music over here. ^_^ Not meaning to offend anyone, but we get music from all over, from the US, UK, France for crying out loud! And we get the Now CDs sooner. ^_^ What's the US got now? Now 14 or something? :p Now 60's the latest over here anyway. I'm listening to the radio at the moment anyway, so I have no idea what the song's called.

Teh entire Original Soundtrack for Full Metal Alchemist is what I listen to. I downloaded all of the songs at teh same time :p

Anime music rocks, so don't say it doesn't, got it?

"Obsession" is in english 0.o I always thought it was in japanese. I found out today when I rented vol.4 and saw in the theme sond how the english words were matching the singers voice . The singer must be japanese singing in english because some of the words she says have an accent on theme.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Alex Bock said:
"Obsession" is in english 0.o I always thought it was in japanese. I found out today when I rented vol.4 and saw in the theme sond how the english words were matching the singers voice . The singer must be japanese singing in english because some of the words she says have an accent on theme.

It's engrish fun! ^^

The Japanese are obsessed with the English language, so it's not uncommon to find various Anime theme/enging songs sung partially (if not completely) in English. The endsong "Wind" from Naruto is a good example... Not to mention a great song :wink:

Your right I remeber in "Every Heart" that the japanese singer actually says every heart a couple times but it sounds like evray hurt. Same with Gundam seed's ending theme song "Find The Way" the singer says find the way at the end. I wonder why they're obsessed with are language but I guess they can say the same for us.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
The only one of my current favourite bands that anyone here has a hope of having heard of is Blink-182. But my actual favourite band is freezepop. Check them out if you like synthpop music. They're very geeky - kasson from freezepop writes music for Harmonix, who made the PS2 games Frequency, Amplitude, Karaoke Revolution and Antigrav.

I also like lo-fi stuff like dEUS and the Eels, the Pixies, industrial, goth... basically anything except rap and what is now called R&B (which doesn't have much in common with the old rhythm & blues). Also hate most country & western unless it's ironic - I have a bluegrass tribute to Radiohead called Rodeohead, which is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Lately I've been listening to lots of punk compilations that I've downloaded legally from eMusic, and the new electronic Paradise Lost albums, which amuses me because I used to be a fan of the old guitar-heavy Paradise Lost stuff when I was a metal kid (same band, they just changed their style). It's gone full circle and I like all of it now.

baratron said:
The only one of my current favourite bands that anyone here has a hope of having heard of is Blink-182. But my actual favourite band is freezepop.

I've heard of freezepop. I've only ever heard Science Genius Girl, but since that kicks a goodish amount of rear end, it's all good.

Right now, I'm on a DDR Mario Mix kick, listening and hopefully memorizing the various tracks from it. They're pretty good.

Hey, thats neat. Oak warns you about the curse that befalls those who mercilessly revive old topics in this brave new world.

Anyway. How about a looking back and cringing session. I cannot believe I actually announced that I like Audioslave... *shudder*

I like to think that my musical taste has advanced since then (either that or my mates just happen to call me a pretentious bastard for no reason) and that I am now actively interested in the music scene.

So my current flavours of the month consist of The Veils (brilliant NZ/London indie band), Modest Mouse (I still can't get "Good News..." out of my head), Apocalyptica and Minuit (wicked NZ breaks touring Europe at the mo').

So what you all buzzin' out to now?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've actually fallen out of obsession with any songs at the moment, but my obvious favourites over the summer holidays were "Passion" from Kingdom Hearts 2 (only had the Japanese version), "Tsubasa wa Pleasure Line" ("Our Wings Are a Pleasure Line") from the Anime Chrno Crusade, and "Battle Frontier" from Pocket Monsters (TV and movie version. For a long time I just had one play after the other for a double-dose).

Currently, I'm looking into collecting new songs, including songs from bands I generally don't listen to. If anyone has any choice faves, send me 'em through MSN and I'll take a listen. I'm not really a large heavy metal fan, but I'm willing to give anything a chance. Even Rap >>;

Mindless Self Indulgence are an amazing band, i strongly reccomend them although some (if not most) have explicit lyrics mostly used in a humerous fashion.
Ska is always good too, Less than Jake especially, their latest album was very good I can send you their songs, and check my review site, it gives a brief analysis of all the songs on their album so you can pick and choose as to which songs are worth hearing...
Otherwise, RENT, listen to the soundtrack, La Vie Boheme is an amazing song, truely...

I just listen to every song on my Ipod. which is Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson, Evan Escence, Panic at the disco!, Fall out boy, Beyonce, Fergie, Incubus, Halo & Halo 2 soundtrack, Rhianna, B5, James Blunt, Daniel Powter, Cascada, Maria Carey, Gwen Stafani, Nelly, Black Eyed Peas, The All American Rejects, Green Day. O i can go on forever.

Lessee...currently I like Tobira no Mukou He, the second ending song from Fullmetal Alchemist. I so love my parents for getting me that CD for my last birthday...^_^

I also like Sakuranbo by Ootsuka Ai, and many things by Hamasaki Ayumi. She's probably my favorite artist. Plus, the iTunes store has a bunch of her songs. Which is cool. I get to listen to 30 seconds of all of those songs...for free! ^_^;;;

Right now I'm listening to MC Mario picks for his CD's and my burnt CD's which include Runing up that hill by elastic band, Living on video by Pakito, Mama mia by Ingrid (it's in french but I really like it anyway) Ichigo Complete opening theme to Strawberry Marshmellow, ANGELUS 7th opening to Inuyasha, Shining Days opening to My-Hime etc.. I basically like things in those genres Dance , J-pop, Techno, House music, Eurotech, trance things like that. There is the odd time though were I like a song outside of those genres. I'm also going to you tube alot to listen and watch amv's (Anime music videos) but mainly more op and ed themes like Slayers Next Opening, Inuyasha Movie 3 ending (I love it so much if anyone knows the singers name please tell me), Slayers movie 1 ending, and Card Captor Sakura season 2 opening. Sometimes I watch MC mario's show on the BPM channel which features music videos to songs he sponsers. Right now I want MC Mario's 2K6 Party Mix and I'm going to burn another CD soon.

The third Inuyasha movie ending is called "Four Seasons" and the singer is Amuro Namie (or Namie Amuro with the Western name order).

But since iTunes is too ebil, I cannot buy it, because it is not yet on the US store. >_

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... If that's the Inuyasha song I'm thinking of, I too fell in love with it when I watched the movie.

Anyways, I found myself listening to the remixed version of "Unbeatable" last night, aka. the intro song for the Pokemon dub season "Advanced Battle". Actually, I wasn't just 'listening' to it, I was singing the bloody song. And now it's stuck in my head and replaying over and over... Gah. Make it stop! @_@

It makes me wonder about crappy trainers... the people who "think they can win but'll always lose"... I mean, man, what a downer. What kind of vote of confidence is that? XP

But let's not even go there... The entire song is just one more reason to slap n00bs who think they have "TEH ULTIMATE TEAM OF D00M!" or silly Ash for LOSING the Hoenn League, as he's lost all the leagues. Wheeeee. Maybe the song isn't meant for Ash at all. Maybe it's meant for the trainers who kick his ass? X)

/geeky rant

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
RL will kill me for it, but I'm currently listening to Knights of Cydonia - Muse. Can't get the blasted thing out of my head, but then again, the video's set in the wild west! With lasers! And holograms!!! *evil grin* [size=3pt]I will invent holograms for glasses/contacts! I WILL![/size]

Killed for liking Muse? That sounds a bit harsh. It's not like they even wear eye-shadow or anything... although the video for Starlight was a bit shit.

If I do end up seeing them live I might post some pictures. That is if I can stop being an e-tard.

Anyway, yeah, I recommend Pelican to anyone needing something epic. Just try to imagine post-metal. And they play a saw too!

Right now, I'm listening to The Devil Went Down to Jamaica, by Weird Al... which is an excellent parody of an excellent song. If you've never heard it or Devil Went Down to Georgia, listen to Georgia first, then this one. I heartily recommend it.

You will pay for that remark... Although I have at times had encounters with Taking Back Sunday (before every single emo said "I love TBS" for the record) and MCR do have a few good songs I am not a big fan of emo music. I don't care if you're obsessed with Muse, but I do feel sorry for you as they are lousy :p

Currently Im in a wierd music phase, I'm listening to a lot of Less than Jake(as per usual), the Greenday song "Redundant", the RENT soundtrack obsessively, Murderdolls, "Welcome to the Black Parade" by MCR keeps popping up in my head, and The Matches new album is growing on me...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh... I had the urge tonight to search for the English opening of Kingdom Hearts II on YouTube, and after watching it a few times I finally set out to download "Sanctuary" (said English opening). I've had "Passion" for months now, and listened to it obsessively for quite some time after getting it, but I'd actually only heard Sanctuary on a few random occasions. Now, after a quick search, I have both ^^

Something tells me that if I ever get my iPod recharged I'll have Passion and Sanctuary playing back to back. Possibly have the instrumental version thrown in, too. I just love that tune XD

I thought Id enlighten you more into my ever changing music taste..

Currently alongside my copious amounts of Less Than Jake and RENT, are Deathstars, Skindred, Cradle of Filth, Roadrunner United and Breaking Point...

I'm off to London on the 28th of November for the EP launch party for a Local band "Koopa" with my business associate, we will be handing out business cards promoting our website... Oh and we're VIPs and got the tickets free!
I shall be seeing Skindred for the 3rd time on the 4th of December in Mean Fiddler, London... =)
And I'm seeing Cradle of Filth and Deathstars on the 19th of December in Astoria, London. Now I know a lot of people will think "ewwwww Cradle of Filth" but really, who can dislike a band whose lead singer said (When asked how he trains his voice) "Continual masturbation. I'm masturbating now. This arm is polystyrene."

I'm so obsessed with this!!!!! It's the remix of "Dream my will" the ending for the first Inuyasha season. I've been istening to it (and watching the awesome Inuyasha amv for it) alot!

Having just gotten over my obsession with the Scissor Sisters album, I now have the Doctor Who soundtrack on repeat on the iPod, laptop, CD player...

Ooh, and the potato song. *sings in Rachel's ear*

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Oh gods, not again -_-

Some song on Muse's new album, which I have on random... Ooo, make that Knights of Cydonia. ^^

Current Albums:

- Less Than Jake - Losing Streak, In With The Out Crowd
- Atreyu - The Curse
- Rock Against Bush Vol 2
- You Lookin' At Me Punk?
- The Matches - E. Von Dahl Killed The Locals, Decomposer
- RENT

Songs

- Bloodhound Gang - Bad Touch, Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
- Blind Guardian - Bright Eyes
- MCR - Sleep, Teenagers, I Don't Love You
- Bowling for Soup - High School Never Ends
- Lifehouse - You And Me
- Breaking Point - All Messed Up
- Cradle of Flth - I Am The Thorn
- Deathstars - Synthetic Generation, Play God
- Creed - One Last Breath
- Silverstein - My Heroine
- Di-rect - Blind For You

You Better Believe they're diverse... =)
Remember to keep checking FYML, I'll love you...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Remember to keep checking FYML, I'll love you...

I've checked it a few times, but considering that I don't follow current bands much anymore (hard to believe that I once did) it doesn't really apply to me ^^;

Anyways, recently my iTunes library decided to crash on me, so I had to slap new favourites lists together. Songs that made it on the new list that weren't included on my original are:

- Haruka Kanata - Asian Kung-Fu Generation [Naruto 2nd OP]
- Oasis - Stop Crying Your Heart Out (*Blames Alex for sending me this one*)
- A Thing To Be Protected - PKMN Movie 9 ED (Thank you, QQ! ^^)
- 1000% SPARKING! - Satou Rina & Kanada Akemi & Nonaka Ai & Kobayashi Yuu (OP for the new Negima!? series)
- ヒラリ (Hirari) - Kouji Wada (Digimon Savers 2nd OP)

*Shrugs* I actually do have favourite songs that aren't Japanese, I've just been listening to them for years. Tops go to:

- Psychopomp - The Tea Party
- Call and Answer - The Barenaked Ladies (Although it took the Barenaked Ladies concert to remember how much I love this one)
- Black Balloon - Goo Goo Dolls
- You'll Be in My Heart - Phil Collins

(Sees a theme emerging here...)

There are a number of other random non-VGM/Japanese songs on my list, but they're either Pokemon-related or haven't reached 'fave' status yet (and probably never will). Honestly, though, not many songs in general do. Some of the Japanese songs I was obsessive over months ago I barely listen to anymore (probably killed 'em from overplaying XP).

hmmmm my favorites are:
Back in Black (ACDC)
Thunderstruck(ACDC)
Crazy Train(Ozzy)
Top of the World(All American Rejects)
Iron Man(Black Sabbeth)
Bohemian Rapsody(Queen)
Killer Queen (Queen)
Highway to Hell(ACDC)
Faint(Linkin Park)
Longview(Green Day)

Sooooooooooooo yeah. After looking at most my of my music I think that I need to make my music less gothic :)

Less gothic?
Seeing as you have Greenday, Queen and All American Rejects in there I dont think thats a problem...

And as a note, hopefully by sunday FYML will be completely renovated! =)

*expects smiting for constant promotion of website from a mod any time now*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nah. It's not like you're promoting a Pokemon website (or saying "Go to my website plz!!11 It's awesome! We rock! Blahblahblah..."). You're very subtle about your "advertising" ;)

i like emo, punk, and other kinds of rock, like panic!at the disco, my chemical romance, taking back sunday, and allister... 8) me so cool.........

[glow=blue,2,300]I like Taking Back Sunday(I'll let you live), Senses Fail(Calling all Cars), Disturbed(Stupify) ,Fort Minor(100 Degrees)Metallica(St. Anger) and Nickelback(Rockstar)[/glow]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Lately I got my hands on a horde of Disney music, and it's like nostalgia in overdrive.

Songs like "A Whole New World" from Aladdin, "I'll Make a Man Out of You" and "Reflection" from Mulan, "Beauty and the Beast" from (duh) Beauty and the Beast, various Lion King and Tarzan Songs, "Kiss the Girl" from the Little Mermaid, and so forth...

I love 'em to death. They just don't make Disney movies or soundtracks for animated movies like that anymore.

Braugh!

Melodic Viking Death Metal all the way!

Oh and I must implore those of you who dislike modern commercial rap to check out Aesop Rock. He uses interesting topics like religion, modern warfare and the place of T.V. in society instead of the usual "Hoez n' Bling".