• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your current music

Currently I've got a friend newest midi playing on loop. But otherwise it's either the White Stripes Icky Thump album or the Takatalvi album by Sonata Arctica.

At Comic Con I bought a CD called "Mega Ran." It's a hip-hop album of remixed Mega Man music by an artist named Random (hence the title). My favorite tracks are Shadowman, Boss Battle: MetalMan, and Grow Up (with the Woodman theme).

Other CDs I've been listening to are Weird Al albums (or "Weird Albums," as I like to call them), and the soundtrack to Big O and FLCL. I also have a CD of orchestral versions of video game music I got from an issue of Nintendo Power. I'll also throw in a bit of Johnny Cash from time to time, just because it's lying around the house.

I love music and have all kinds on my Ipod, from Pendulum to Dave Brubeck, but my first musical love is metal. Plan to pick up Nile's latest album today - they're a death metal band that draw their inspiration from egyptian mythology; it's really dark and the truely terrifying nature of the Egyptian gods shine through. It's absolutely mental stuff, and the musicianship is excellent. I don't listen to much Death Metal, but Nile's inspirations have really captured me.

However, I was just on holiday in Dorset (a beautiful part of England by the way) and dug up an old Queens of the Stone Age album - Songs for the death. Oh my word, what an album! It's creative, it's gritty and has a truckload of mosh inspiring riffs. Really worth checking out, if you've thought about QotSA but never actually tried them. Chances are it won't be quite what you expected, but keep with it for a few listens and you'll be hooked. Plus the Radio fill ins are hilarious!

However, I was just on holiday in Dorset (a beautiful part of England by the way) and dug up an old Queens of the Stone Age album - Songs for the death. Oh my word, what an album! It's creative, it's gritty and has a truckload of mosh inspiring riffs. Really worth checking out, if you've thought about QotSA but never actually tried them. Chances are it won't be quite what you expected, but keep with it for a few listens and you'll be hooked. Plus the Radio fill ins are hilarious!

Yep, Songs for the Deaf is a stonking album, but the radio fill after the 20th time? not so much...

Having said that has anyone got a listen to Queens "Era Vulgaris" yet? is it good? is it a repeat of "Lullabies to Paralyze"?

Lately, I've been hooked on the band Fuel, and their newest album 'Angels and Devils'. Fuel's work is absolutely amazing. One of their earlier albums, 'Natural Selection' features two of my all time favorite songs: 'Won't Back Down [Bring You Hell Remix]' and 'Down Inside of You'. Some of you might remember 'Won't Back Down' from the movie 'Daredevil'.

I got a crap load of Beatles on my Itunes...and some Santana, Simon and Garfunkle (yes, Simon and Garfunkle), Yellowcard, Coldplay, Linkin Park and Snow Patrol. Lots and lots of random stuff...
Edit: My sister just got some Frank Sinatra music...guess what's new on my Itunes.

Several songs from Avenue Q OST, and other movie/series soundtracks, some from 10 Things I Hate About You, Rockman.EXE(animé), Shrek 2, We Love Katamari OST (oh wait, that's a game) etc.

But one of my at the moment favorite songs have to be either Umbrella by Rhianna, or Cabaret Hoover from Les Triplettes de Belleville.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been listening to my songs on Imeem.com. I've got some Naruto ones(Hokage's Funeral, Sadness and Sorrow, Lonliness, Alone, Naruto's theme, Hinata and Neji's theme, Daylight of Konoha, Morning) and 2 pokemon ones(Lugia's Song and Pokemon Theme). They rock ma socks!