• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Wisdom Teeth, and Teeth in General

My wisdom teeth have been poking bit by bit through my gums now for the past six months or so. Now, I can feel a good chunk of one's side, and the top of another. However, since they are probably going to come in impacted, I'm going to have to get them removed. I know this is fairly common, since around 50% of American adults get their wisdom teeth out (Don't know other countries' statistics), and I would like to hear your teeth experience.

I actually got my wisdom teeth growing early, started at 14 apparently. Now the teeth are mostly emerged and are only shifting slightly to become more aligned with the rest of my teeth. They came through cleanly and it didn´t bother me a bit, so I guess I´m in that minority with no tooth problems, that´s quite interesting since wisdom teeth problems have never happened in my family.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I had to have my wisdom teeth out a while ago. It really seems to depend on the dentist or area... At my dentist, they did both sides on separate occasions. They just froze my mouth on that side, yanked them out and had me keep gauze in my mouth until I stopped bleeding. I also couldn't eat solids for a while, so I was forced to nom on yogurt the whole day. It ended up not being that bad of an experience, but I'm glad I won't have to do it again.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
My wisdom teeth are still in. They don't bother me so I outright refused my dentist when suggested to have them removed.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
My teeth have always been slow to grow in. Some of my molars have been late by at least a couple of years, and I think the back ones are still taking their sweet time. Haven't heard much news about my wisdom teeth yet, except for an x-ray that showed the very tip of them slowly reaching the gum line. Judging by how slowly my other teeth have been growing, I'm not sure how it's gonna be with my wisdom teeth. I have a feeling that they will probably still be removed at some point.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Poor Data... XD

Anyways, I had my wisdom teeth out several years ago because they were growing in on a 45 degree angle. Thing is, my oral surgeon was a very busy man, so I had little choice in the date my teeth would be removed. It was either then or well over half a year later.

So I had them out on my birthday and drooled blood for several days afterwards. What an awesome birthday present. |D

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I've had braces for the best part of five years now. This is an abnormally long time, but that's what happens when your teeth are strong enough to cleave through titanium brace brackets and wires like they're made of pastry.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
My wisdom teeth have never caused me any problems. In fact, I didn't even realise I had them until the dentist told me so last year :V

I had to have my last two baby teeth removed a few years back. They were't going to come out by themselves, and my adult teeth, having realised this decided that the best option was to go forwards instead of up. The dentist said that had I not had the baby teeth removed, my adult teeth would have grown towards my chin, knocking out all my other teeth as they went, finally emerging through my chin <<;

Yey!

Thankfully, once my baby teeth were gone, the adult one's did a U-turn and grew upwards, although they actually came up backwards, so I have two back-to-front teeth. Not that you can tell unless you really look~

Well, I guess me old thread died, so I'll post here too!

Got my wisdom teeth out last year, they were pretty nasty and big and blah blah. I didn't wash the gaping holes in the back of my mouth correctly, so I ended up having to have some weird clove tasting stuff that calmed my nerves (it was an odd experience).
And now there's some odd bone/tooth stuff sticking out where one of my wisdom teeth were. Apparently, bone shards are supposed to come out on their own, but I don't know if it's a bone shard or not.

I'm missing two teeth on the bottom. Two others have turned to fill the space and I eat and smile just fine, so I didn't go through orthodontics.

Also, I have a random chip on one of my front teeth. It's cute and I like it.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I broke one of my front tooth back in 3rd grade so that only 1/3 of it remained, so I had to get a root canal for it and a crown. Besides that, I can't think of anything particularly interesting about my teeth. XD

My wisdom teeth came out at a fairly young age, around twelve/thirteen. The only dental problem I've ever had was a puncture in one of my molars, and there used to be a small chip out of my upper left front teeth after a quite nasty playground accident when I was a kid, but that somehow repaired itself.

I do have unusually long upper and lower canines, but it doesn't show at all, luckily.

My wisdom teeth are juuuust starting to poke their evil little heads out. My dentist hasn't even taken the fancy wisdom tooth xray extravaganza picture yet, but still insists that they will have to be taken out, since both the 'rents had to get them removed. Not looking forward to -that- surgery XD I've got a minifear of being put to sleep.

Besides that, my teeth basically hate me. I drink soda constantly, so that's probably why.

Daft Soul said:
I do have unusually long upper and lower canines, but it doesn't show at all, luckily.

VAMPIRE- *shot*

My wisdom teeth are starting to poke through, and thanks to no trips to the dentist for a year or two, I don't have to get them out anytime soon (not that I'm planning to)

Although as soon as we get the money I'm getting braces.

Fun.

Got in a fight in second grade; ended up getting pushed face first into the asphalt. Almost none of my front-right tooth remains. Got a crown last week, don't even notice it! I had braces for 3 years...I should show you guys pics from before, oh sweet jeebus it was bad.

Blazi said:
Although as soon as we get the money I'm getting braces.

Have fun. At least in my experience, I couldn't eat solids for a month. I got to hate breakfast shakes. XD At least their results are amazing. I now have a more 'adult' looking mouth than the stereotypical crooked 'little kid' teeth.

I know I've replied to this once already |D

Today I got my wisdom teeth taken out. I only had two, so I was lucky XD I'm sitting here now with an ice pack around my head. It looks so silly c: It was the craziest experience XD I remember sitting in the chair, and then there was a pinch as the IV went in, and then soon after I woke up in the recovery room |D I barely even remember the ride home XD

Do you have a video? I plan on my boyfriend taping me after I get out of the operating room to see the effect of the drugs afterwards.

"Is this real life?"