• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which System is your favorite?

Which gaming system is your favorite?

• Wii

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • PS1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS2

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Xbox 360

• Xbox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Game Cube

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Nintendo 64

• Total voters
The wii is my favorite because not only do love the games that they have for it, I have been a nintendo fan since I was 5 and I will never turn my back on nintendo.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Soapy, you've been warned for absolute SPAM of the highest order. Sort your grammar out too whilst you're reading the rules.

Warned.

I'd say Xbox 360- depending on which version you buy, it's less expensive that both the PS3 and the Wii. It also has a whole bunch of games that I like to play. The only bummer is that you have to pay for Xbox Live...

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I'd have to go with the classic, yet still amazing N64. I played that so much growing up, and still do occasionally. Plus, three of my all time favorite games are for N64 (Diddy Kong Racing, Golden Eye, and Mario Tennis).

I completely agree with RedRising24. The N64 was my first games console. It also played host to Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Snap (Make a Pokemon Snap Wii already!), Pokemon stadiums 1 & 2 and much more. It was the first 3D Nintendo console as well!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I demand my "Other" option! XP

SNES has always been, and probably still is, my favourite gaming console to date, and DS is my favourite handheld. Playstation would probably be my runner-up console-wise for all of the great games it had, something I found PS2 failed a bit in comparison (I enjoy my PS2, but I liked the original Playstation more).

All of Nintendo's consoles since SNES have lacked in some area (for reasons we all know), and I haven't truly loved enough games on my 360 yet (only one so far). I don't own a PS3, but at the moment there's not much reason for me to either (which kinda says all).

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The GameCube gets my vote. It was by far the most interesting console in the previous generation, with games such as Super Smash Bros. Melee, Metroid Prime 1+2, numerous Mario/Zelda games as well as a solid library of third-party games. Right now, for me personally, the GameCube has a far, far better library of games than the Wii does right now, and even all the notable "true Nintendo" Wii games such as Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Pokemon Battle Revolution and LoZ:Twilight Princess have failed to stand above their 'Cube counterparts - I personally consider Metroid Prime 3 to be, albeit still very good, the weakest in that trilogy (Hunters doesn't count,) I consider Brawl to be noticeably worse than Melee in almost all areas thanks to Sakurai being a complete moron, PBR fails to match even Colosseum and XD, let alone the Stadium games on the N64, and overall PBR feels like a rushjob in all areas, and my brother has stated that Twilight Princess is much worse than the Wind Waker and Four Swords Adventures in his view.

GameCube all the way for me - the DS and Xbox 360, while close, haven't been able to take the top spot from the 'Cube's epic-ness, and unless Metroid: Other M turns out to be better than both Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion combined, the Wii will not be beating the GameCube by a long shot.

On a final note, I have to agree with Stel about the PC - my PC was the first "games console" I ever had - whilst everyone at my primary school had their Playstations, their Tekkens and Final Fantasies, I was mowing down hordes of Nazis, mutants, zombies and demons on Doom and Wolfenstein 3D. Since I was only 8 years old when I first played those games...it'd probably explain a few things about how I ended up being the way I am now.
:p

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I've greatly enjoyed every system I have owned - GameCube, PS2, Wii, 360, DS... hell, even the ancient GBC back in the day. Although there are a lot of reasons I like each console, it is hard to pick a favourite because it is really the games that make the console. I've played some fantastic games on the Wii, and some garbage on the 360, and vice versa. And game designers have this funny way of transcending the system specs (look how fantastic Metroid Prime 3 looked on Wii, for example).

So, if I had to pink a favourite, it would probably be which system has given me the most enjoyment for the longest... and with that logic, my choice is a tie between the longevity of the PS2, and the cutting-edge graphics and fantastic games of the Xbox 360. My favourite handheld is, of course, the trusty DS - but if someone starts making decent freeware games for the iPod Touch...

(wishful thinking with that last point :p)

While I enjoy watching people play videogames and I enjoy talking about them, I don't really play a huge variety of games XD So I can truthfully say, the Wii and the DS are my favorite game systems. The Playstations and the Xboxes have nothing that interest me enough to buy one myself whatsoever and likely never will. (Okay, I lied. If I ever want a Blu-ray Disc player, I'm so getting a PS3.)

AHEM. The Wii and the DS are my favorites simply because they can connect to wi-fi...which means Carmen has other people to play with ^^ I never had that with my past games systems, and I must say. Videogames are much more fun when you have someone to play them with. And since the Wii can do everything the GameCube can, I can always pick up past titles and play those. The Wii can also has the Wiimote and Nunchuck which are much easier for me to handle and much more comfortable than the clunky controllers of the past. I only use my GameCube controller for Fire Emblem or when it's strictly necessary.

I've owned every Gameboy since the GBC (including the Micro XD) and as I only really use them for Pokemon games, the DS wins for not forcing me to get two DS's if I ever want to trade...even if I do plan on getting the DSi someday.

I also adore the Wii and DS because they're not only after hardcore gamers so they offer a lot of party games as well. And sure, these may not be valid reasons for liking a console, but hey. I've never enjoyed a console as much as I've enjoyed the Wii.

Nintendo 64 all the way.

All of my favorite games are on there, and I own the majority of them. Super Mario 64, Goldeneye 007, Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong 64... I love 'em all. :D Even Glover.

-AL

If the DS was there I would pick it, but since it's not, I picked the Wii, just because of all the awesome games and how it introduced a way to exercise while gaming.