• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What's Your least favorite pokemon?

on the contrary, Ratatta and Raticate are both beneficial in their own ways. Raticate has Super Fang to take out half of the opponent's health, while ratatta has the possibility to become one of those FEAR things

oh, and, I hate all of the cocoon pokemon (kakuna, metapod, cascoon, silkoon) because you really can't attack with them unless you evolved it from the first stage, and frankly, I never actually catch weedle/caterpie/wurmple because they are almost as pointless as the cocoons

Also, those Darkrai's probably aren't hacked, you could get a Darkrai in Japan that knows both Roar of Time and Spacial Rend.

And on topic: I can't stand monkey Pokemon, as I can't stand monkeys. Nor can I stand most Fighting Types, as most of them are ugly as hell.

This might seem odd at firast but hear me out at any rate. I CANNOT stand Arceaus (I think that is how it is spelled.) It just seems that GameFreak went a little to far towards the ethical boundaries of a game... I mean do we really need an explanation of how the Poke'verse was created? I think not. I at least, do not need an explanation of creation for the game to be any more fun than it already is.

Everyone says Bibarel is as creepy as all get out, but I don't see it. Bidoof does look mentally challenged, though. Maybe that's why it's got "doof" in its name.

This one time, in Blue, I was training an Onix in the pool on the way to the Pokemon League and I came upon a Seadra. That Seadra used Smokescreen so many times that my Onix couldn't hit it. This probably wouldn't've been such an annoying situation had I not commanded Onix to use Rage. I'm not sure how it works these days, but back in the day, once a Pokemon went into a Rage it would attack every turn until either the battle ended or it was knocked out, all the while getting more powerful each time it took damage and not waiting for commands. I'm not sure if the Seadra didn't have Water attacks, or just wasn't using them, or if Onix's defenses were way up there, or some combination thereof, but the battle took forever because Onix would just keep attacking without hitting and Seadra used Smokescreen over and over again and did little or no damage. I forget how it ended, but I think one of them finally managed a K.O.

Anyway, that's off-topic, as I hate neither Seadra nor Onix. What really annoys me is Graveller in Diamond and Pearl. I probably wouldn't be too irked if they were simply in just about every battle I had on the way to that town I can't remember the name of right now but has the Safari Zone in it, but whose genius idea was it to have them all know Self-Destruct? If I didn't have a Pokemon out that knew Fly or could knock out the Graveller in one hit, I'd just run. None of my Pokemon could stand very well again a Self-Destruct; They'd either be knocked out in one hit or be left in dire straights. Back in the day, only Voltorb and Electrode were wild kamikazes, but that was okay because they were weak and relatively rare. Graveller, meanwhile, is everywhere in Diamond and Pearl. They're in the caves, in the fields, in the ocean (well, not the ocean, but you get the idea). Why do I have to constantly live in fear of these things!? No wonder Bibarel gives off easy HP EVs.

Everyone says Bibarel is as creepy as all get out, but I don't see it. Bidoof does look mentally challenged, though. Maybe that's why it's got "doof" in its name.

That expression is just weird. It reminds me too much of Gluttony from Full Metal Alchemist with that bizarre expression for some reason. ~Shudders~ Gluttony is the reason I have to watch FMA with the lights on. Quagsire doesn't exactly look intelligent either but I'm not creeped out by it...yet.

I have nothing against Golbat but they never should have given them Mean Look and Confuse Ray. I always think I have a Pokemon that can run away from them but too many times I've been wrong.

[quote author:palkia Master_279 link=topic=3557.msg47950#msg47950 date=1202950499]
Kricketune is a REAL
asdf.png
for me. I remember trying to catch one, when it was asleep, and with only one HP left. I threw an Ultra Ball at it, and guess what happened? IT DIDN'T SHAKE ONCE!!

19 Ultra balls later, I finally caught it, and turned it into an HM slave. hehe.
[/quote]

You're more patient than me. I would have given up after about 2 Ultra Balls on a Kricketune. I think it only took a little over 19 Ultra Balls for me to capture the Legendary Birds and Suicune in FireRed.

Okay, one more new hated Pokemon.

Kricketot/Kricketune.

Why do I have to catch these things just to complete the Pokedex? They're useless, especially compared to Vespiquen. And I have a personal vendetta against violins, and Kricketune is roughly shaped like one. D:

Why not hate some more?

Pinsir: I know I shouldn't but Scyther and Heracross are too good for Pinsir to exist. Give it an evolution!
Torchic and Treecko: Cuz everyone only lieks Mudkipz.
Bronzong: GODDAMMIT! Everytime i fight one in the wild, I'm stuck, since my only fire type is weak to psychic! Why levitate? WHY??
Starly: Darn pigeon. I hate that it doesn't have a poo attack.

I would have to say this in every game: Zubat! Those things are the most annoying little things ever!!! Man... I would have to say " NEVER GO IN THE SAFARI ZONE"!!! BIBAREL! X[ And i would have to say magikarp on the water. Darn Magikarp... Oh one more: Altaria in the 5th or 6th gym on emerald that thing took me 100 tries to beat It's Stupid Earthquake knocked me out each time....

Ash's damned,steroid abusing pikachu.AIM FOR THE HORN!lol.
But,on a serious note,i hate Magikarp.Stupid fishys.Why is the shiny form gold >_>?The world may never know.

[size=8pt]i hate ratatta...i don't even know if it's spelled correctly xD
oh, and i hate jigglybuff and wigglytuff.
there are a bunch i could live without, but those are the pokemon that i dislike the most.
[/size]

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
For one, because of the mythical origins of Gyarados. Gyarados and Magikarp (yes, there is a K in that name, NOT a C. >>) are based on the Chinese legend of the Dragon Gate Waterfall - a legend that states that if a carp manages to swim up that waterfall, it would transform into a dragon with a head and fins like a large fish, and fly off to the heavens. Gyarados may not be a dragon-type, but it fits the description.

And let us face it, carps are not exactly the most graceful or powerful fish, eh?

Also, someone in Game Freak probably thought it would be amusing if a COMPLETELY useless fish that you'd least expect to have any form of power suddenly evolved into a giant enemy sea dragon. Remember the Magikarp salesman of RBY fame?

It's also somewhat of a running gag by now. So yeah, THAT is the point. I agree they are overly common, but - NEWSFLASH, FANTARDS. Not all Pok

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
As for the species -I- personally dislike? Well, that is a tale for another time and another novel of a post. :p

He doesn't like Snorlax ;)

I'm not particularly keen on properly trained Crobat. Y'know, the annoyer ones with Toxic/Mean Look/Attract/Confuse Ray or whatever. Those annoy me to hell and back.

I hate Magmortar because I personally think they should have left Magmar at Magmar, with no further evolution. Magby is adorable, Magmar is hardcore...They totally overdid it X_x

I dont like magicarp and zubat. Every 2 steps you take in a cave there's a freak'n zubat. And in the older games i hate HootHoot, it has the stupedist name, its ugly, and there going to take over the whole game, maybe even the world, there are so many of them.

arceus. I hate it! does not even have a definate weakness!

Um... actually you're completely wrong, its weakness is whatever the weakness of its plate is, or if it doesnt have a plate, its Fighting and things Normal are weak against.

This is the easiest argument I've ever had. lol

Yeah and the fact that it's supposed to be the GOD of all pokemon sort of gives it grounds to be that powerful.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Starly: Darn pigeon. I hate that it doesn't have a poo attack.

You'd like Okami. The wolfy in that learns Golden Fury and Brown Rage. Golden Fury is especially good for getting Demon Fangs out of the creatures you fight (for some reason, getting peed on makes them angry? Who'd'vethoughtit?)

Anyway, my list:
Zubat
Golbat
Phanpy
Geodude
Snubbull
Glalie
Giratina
Magmortar
Electivire
Togekiss

I have always hated and will always hate Zubat and Golbat because of their ubiquity in caves and that horrible high-pitched sound they make. I do, however, find Crobat pretty nifty - good stats and design. Just a shame you have to start with a Zubat to get one ;).

Oddish and Gloom drove me insane in Ruby & Sapphire, but aren't annoying me too much in Emerald. (Also, I secretly rather like Oddish, especially in the anime. I think it's cute, and so sweet and happy.) However, Phanpy in the Safari Game made me hurl my SP across the room several times.

I have been hating Geodude since starting Diamond. How can you be walking through a grassy field and suddenly trip over a Geodude? It makes sense to have them everywhere in caves, where there are stones, or outside by Rock Smash - but I don't get why D/P has them in grass! I'd rather liked Geodude before that, too.

Magikarp and Feebas are ugly and useless, but I actually feel rather sorry for Magikarp since seeing it flopping around on the ground in Pearl after Team Galactic drained the lake. Also, it can't help being useless, and it does evolve into something cool.

Snubbull scares the living daylights out of me. Hopefully the British people will understand if I say "PINK John Prescott dog in a dress". Gah! Glalie also scares me - Snorunt is so cute, and then it has an evolution that is a GIANT FLOATING HEAD! And it's not even obviously an Ice-type. If it was a giant floating snowball, that wouldn't be so bad. Giratina also is so disgusting, I don't like looking at it.

Oh yes, I hate Magmortar and Electivire. Magmar and Electabuzz were perfectly fine as is! I wish they'd added an evolution for Pinsir and Heracross instead. And Togekiss is some sort of Dairylea triangle. Ewww.

Well, I hate Magikarp because it is the most useless pokemon ever invented, but since I only recently beat Colloseum, I'll have to say Salamance. I LOVE Slalmence, but the way the stupid mayor kept uping its attack then doing Double Edge really started pissing me off when I died the fourth time. I like Salamance in general, but when its against you, I pray that it doesn't have Double Edge.

Oh, and I really hate Lanturn. Damn Volt Absorb.

I am not a fan of Zubat, and the thought of making one love me in order to get Crobat is just so.....

The fact that I have to give up one precious spot on my team so I can keep a creature I have no love for, just so I can walk around and level up it's friendship level irks me to no end. The same goes for ANY Pokemon that requires the same thing.

The only ones I even considered doing that to are Espeon/Umbron and Lucario, simply because they are actually useful.

I also hate Tentacool/cruel, mainly because I was trying to a bloody Wailord in Emerald (so I could do the Regi thing), and if I used Repel, with my Pokemon, I'd never catch one, so I was forced to fight/flee about 100 bloody Tentacool/cruel, and in the end I got so fed up, I just caught a Wailmer by fishing and leveled it up.

Another pet hate are those darn Stunky/Purguly, Gastrodon, and, in fact, any Pokemon with ridiculously high encounter rates that clog up your running through caves/grass/seas, and prevent you from getting those Pokemon with ridiculously low encounter rates (like bloody Chansey and Feebas!)​

urgg where do I start with this....Ummm...

rattata
rattacate
pikachu,pichu*bricked*
caterpie*shudders* soo many caterpies...
metapod
butterfree
weedle
ODDISH*growls at the name*
mankey
primeape
magnemite
drowzee
hypno
magmar
Geodude
Snubbull
chimchar(and all the evolutions from it)*bricked again*
and the water starter from D and P I hate it's evolutions too.*bricked again,again*
and pretty much almost every single pokemon from dimond and pearl (just not the legendarys and the cool looking ones)

Now people who say that metagross and arggon and salamence are bad their not! Their cool XP and zubat are cute!

feebas.i don't really hate it as much as the zigzagoons,but when you put in the fact that it takes so long to catch,and tyhe fact that when it says in the guide that all you have to do is max ou their beauty,and the guide said nothing about having to level up,and breeding a pond of them,it starts to get really annoying.

Spiritomb. They don't even look like Pokemon. They look like something that belongs on a fortune teller's desk.
Glalie. At at first I didn't hate them, but I think the alternate evolution should be made the ONLY evolution.

I actually have a list. Here it is:
1)rattata- I hate how it pops up everywhere I go.
2)zubat- In every cave I go in, it pops up. I can't go 7 steps without seeing that thing.
3)caterpie- What's the use of that thing, string shot?
4)metapod- It can't do anything but harden. What's the point of having a pokemon that can't attack.
5)oddish- You can't do anything with that either.

id have to say kecleon even though a million people on this site love em. its just so...bleh...and its weak when it comes to attacking if you dont have right nature. why would wou want a pokemon that cant attack? if i had a choice between lv.20 dunspace and lv.60 kecleon, id choose dunsparce. mine owns btw.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
The pokemon I like the least would have to be Ralts, closely followed by Machop (and his Evos)

I don't tend to like humanoid pokemon anyway, not sure why, but Ralts just annoys me.

Cacturne REALLY annoys me. I hate its sucker punch

Raaaarrgghhh! I now have a new pet hate. Those frikin' Bidoof. Had a real nice Shinx chain going and suddenly it's like BAM! and I lost it. Now I wouldn't be so irked if it only happened once or even twice, but I tend to get angsty if it happens 12 frikkin' times!! I am seriously considering changing my HM slave, but since there isn't another decent Pokemon who can learn all those useless, yet invaluable moves, I just have to grin and bear it. Of course that grin comes with a twitching eye, but still.

Grin and bear it.

Grin...

...and bear it...

:D

Although I am glad I have a mattress against my wall because I actually threw my DS against it in frustration after the 8th time.​

good question, all im gonna say although it is powerful it looks stupid is Jynx!!
what were they thinking, and look at how much controversy it stirred up for looking so
stupid. Also another one is Biberal man that guys annoying sometimes.

id have to say kecleon even though a million people on this site love em. its just so...bleh...and its weak when it comes to attacking if you dont have right nature. why would wou want a pokemon that cant attack? if i had a choice between lv.20 dunspace and lv.60 kecleon, id choose dunsparce. mine owns btw.

/kill

Kecleons have decent attack >_> for a UU poke.

I got a new one to add to my list! Pelliper....damn protects....

*grumble grumble*

Oh and I hate fearow for its look more then anything else.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm adding Lombre and Ludicolo to my list. I hate them. Why? Because its existance insults my being. It's mainly my recent replaying of Colosseum thats kindled my hatred, I can *just* about tolerate how stupid and insulting Lombre looks when it attacks, and how Ludicolo dances with the most insinsere of grins... but I can't tolerate their annoying Giga Drain, Rain Dish, Leech Seed combo. Bah! I hates them. When I see Mirror B I know stess will soon follow... and then I see them and feel an overwhelming need to shoot them. *Takes deep breaths*

On a positive note, Lotad isn't so bad :p

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ???
most hated pokemon list:
magikarp
charizard(bro talks way too much about it!)
giratina
tyranitar(too violent)
rattata
onix
geodude
raticate
drifloon
smeargle
torterra
metagross(UGLY)
gyarados
purugly
dustox
PIKACHU >:( (BASTARD'S TOO POPULAR)
beedrill
male combees(need a vespiquen!)
snorlax
heatran(ugly)
mesprit(LIL BASTARD RUNS AWAY 2 MUCH)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I can't say I hate any particular Pokemon, although there is several I'm not particularly fond of:

- Stantler. I don't know why, but ever since I first saw him in G/S/C, I've disliked him. I didn't find him tough to beat, or even tough to catch, I just generally don't like Stantler. Sorta like the way you sometimes dislike a person as soon as you meet them for no particular reason other than you just plain don't like them.

- Noctowl. First of all, Noctowl is a useless pile of horse manure in battle - even though Pidgeot sucks just as much in my opinion, at least Pidgeot kinda looked cool with his feather mullet. Noctowl just looks like crap and battles like it too. Not to mention Noctowl makes it a HUGE pain when trying to train ATK EV's outside Celestic at nighttime... >:(

- Blissey. I know loads of people hate Blissey, although I don't dislike her for the same reason as most (thanks mostly to Infernape.) The reason I dislike Blissey is simple because of its look - it's pink, feathery, fluffy and wimpy-looking. Disgusting...this is one of the reasons I use Regice instead (that and Regice actually has a half decent Defense stat.)

- Raichu. Simple really - Light Ball Pikachu is, offensively, better than Raichu. So in a sense, by evolving Pikachu you actually weaken him and lower his battling potential...yeah. Plus, Pikachu looks better than Raichu in my opinion - what's with Raichu's huge rabbit feet anyway? I thought he was supposed to be a mouse or something.

- Beedrill. What can I say...he looks rubbish, he battles worse...oh, and he's slower than Blastoise (like, WTF!?). Captain Beedrill, he's a loser...

-Farfetch'd. It's a brown duck with a leek...yeah. It's an original concept, but then there's probably a good reason as to why no-one else has leek-wielding ducks in their games. Just like Beedrill, Farfetch'd is also completely useless in battle, AND also manages to be slower than Blastoise, who may I remind you all is a near 200 lbs massive turtle with short, stubby legs...makes no sense....

- Empoleon. Three words: IT'S A TRAP!! Piplup's awesome, but Empoleon is a straight-up failure compared to Torterra and Infernape. The Empoleon hating started for me when I entered a Battle Tower Wi-Fi for the first time. I saw about five Empoleons throughout the whole thing, each one with any four of the following moves: Hydro Cannon, Hydro Pump, Surf, Brine and Blizzard. Ever since then, I've (rather unfairly, you could say) considered Empoleon a noob Pokemon because of how badly he was used here, which combined with the fact that he is technically worse than Torterra and Infernape anyway results in me making fun of Empoleon's nubbiness on a near constant basis.

i hate all the annoyng pokemon that always pops out in the grass or in caves like:
geodude
zubat\golbat
zigzagoon\bidoof
tentacue\tentacruel
magikarp-just somekind of a dumb pokemon
meowth\glameow-the same king of dumb pokemon