• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What's your favourite new Pokémon for Sun and Moon?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Conversational blather, SPAM, double posting, off-topic posts and a single instance of flaming have been cleared off. Good grief, people, we have rules for a reason.

Anyway. Favorite gen 7 Pokemon? Well, there's a few good candidates to be perfectly honest - but the first place spot, for me, definitely goes to Golisopod. I love that thing to bits - I've wanted a giant isopod 'mon for a while, and getting one that was that much of a tanky badass was certainly nice. Helps that its pre-evo is adorable too and that its signature move certainly allows it to make good use of its ability which might have been a handicap otherwise. Not exactly the most diverse in terms of moves it can learn (what IS in Alola?) but the moves it DOES get and its unholy attack stat kinda make it wreck enough shit to make do even with that. Tl;dr: I fricking love that thing.

It's between mimikyu, and bewear for me. Bewear is just so cute, and though mimikyu's backstory is what initially made me love it, I've now come to realise that it's great in competitive battles. That disguise ability has savecme on numerous occasions.

I honestly haven't used a lot of them but I do have my favorites.
Wishwashi- For its interesting design and concept
Palossand- It's kind of creepy, but at the same time just looks funny to me
Decidueye- Mostly because I'm on Team Rowlett. And the fact it changed to part ghost instead of flying was surprising.
Komala- Its pretty cute and can deal great damage. Wish it had an evolution though.
Golisopod- Cool design and great stats

Last edited:
It's actually a tie between Mimikyu and Dhelmise
Mimikyu is just adorable and pretty good with attack and Dhelmise is pretty defensive with the fact I like anchors as well (*´ω`*)

qlovers

Previously pæstella
If someone on Showdown had a Cosmog on their team named 'GET IN THE BAG', then it's completely for comedy reasons, because battle wise, Cosmog can literally not anything.

Also, found this hilarious video.

Agreed.

O.K, favorites from this Gen:

Popplio- originally I was gravitating towards Litten, but somehow this dorky sea lion won me over. Maybe it's because I felt bad because everyone else seemed to hate it, maybe I just sort of feel in love with it's cute awkwardness, I dunno. In the end, I'm glad I switched over when the starters evolution were revealed. Brionne is adorably derpy and Primarina's majestic as f'.

Mimikyu- like many people, I fell in love with this little guy the moment I read its backstory. Plus, it's really useful in competitive because of it's ability (hence the comic I made about my own), it's cute, raggety disguise makes it look creepy and adorable at the same time. It takes the concept of "pika-clone" and runs with it in the best possible way.

Alola Marowak- I've always been a fan of Cubone and Marowak so I was really happy to see them get a little love in Gen 7. I know it's more or less a recolored Marowak with long arms, but damn if it doesn't work for them! I love the whole mythology with them being Ghost-types along with them being fire dancers. Plus it's nice to see Marowak finally break into OU tier!

I agree with you, Especially on the Popplio and Mimkyu one.I would choose Popplio,Mimkyu and Alolan Ninetail's though. Or Cosmog, it's so cute!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd either say my favorite is Mimikyu or Aunaquarid.(I'm pretty sure I misspelled that)
Mimikyu because it has an amazing backstory. Although I'm sad we didn't see a non cloak, form I still love it. Also, it was the only totem I had trouble with.
Aunaquarid because it was my strongest team member. that's really it. plus, it's design is cool

Rockruff and Lycanroc (Midday)
I mean- it's a rock pupper! I like the Lycanroc Midday better than Midnight because Midnight seems like an antisocial psychopath. Or maybe just a high functioning sociopath. (If you get that reference then you are amazing)