• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What's your favourite new Pokémon for Sun and Moon?

Mimikyu and Litten are my favs, but I ♥ a lot of other Pokemon in S/M, such as Rockruff, Popplio, Rowlet, Stufful and Bewear, Komala, Cosmog (Idc it's bad in competitive, it's cute), and Magearna. Buzzwole and Incineroar are really badass, which is why I like them too.

Uhh my favorite pokemon HAS to be the beast Incinaroar because I love his Z- Move :) yeah he's not going to be stopped by a grass type at all muahahaaaaaaa

I ♥ Incinaroar

Oh and I love the mystery of Mimikyu and wuts under its disguise and I also like the yellow veirsion of Orcorio

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it that the more, well, 'cooler' looking pokemon are used. A Primarnia would wreck an Incineroar any day, it's ALWAYS the fire type. When actually considered, Popplio would be the best, as Primarnia's typing helps out story wise and is also decent competitively. In my eyes, Incineroar is literally a Charizard clone. And EVERYTHING to do with Charizard triggers me.

I personally love popplio, he is just so cute! I also love mimikyu, lurantis, rockruff, gumshos ( idk why ) and cosmog, oh and of course alola exeggutor

Hm...My favorite would probably have to be Alolan Raichu. Or Cutiefly.
Who else is sad that they didn't make Alolan Forms for the Johto starters? ;_;

@AspenTR33 That's unlikely for a few reasons. One, the only Alolan Forms are of Gen 1 Pokemon, and Two, it wouldn't work because it probably break the formula of Fire, Water and Grass. You'll have to wait for another remake, or some sort of big deal like Mega Evolution for the Jhoto Starters to be revamped in any way possible.

If I had to pick a favorite pokemon from Sun and Moon it would be Minior I just love star shaped pokemon what makes it cooler is when you break it's shell the core comes in different colors.

Oh man, Oricorio, for some very strange reason. Guess it was because I fought one in the elite four, and never realised it was a fire type. It swept half my team, and I hated it. Then i started to look into it a bit more, and I discovered how much like it's different forms. I mean, you have a Spanish dancer and a cheerleader. Also, nobody knows their typings, which is helpful

Oh man, Oricorio, for some very strange reason. Guess it was because I fought one in the elite four, and never realised it was a fire type. It swept half my team, and I hated it. Then i started to look into it a bit more, and I discovered how much like it's different forms. I mean, you have a Spanish dancer and a cheerleader. Also, nobody knows their typings, which is helpful

If you look into the Oricorio, based on the form in front of you can tell which type it is.

Oricorio BAILE (The Spanish Dancer) is an Fire/Flying type.
Oricorio POM-POM (The cheerleader) is an Electric/Flying Type.
Oricorio SENSU (The Fan Dancer) Is a Ghost/Flying Type.
Oricorio P'AU (The Hawaiian Dancer) is a Psychic/Flying Type.

You can always tell the type, based on the Oricorio Style it is, and also Revelation Dance, Oricorio's Signature Move, changes type depending on the Oricorio Style using it (Such as with Pom-Pom would be Electric, Sensu would be Ghost, and so on).

I honestly love the Alola version of Raichu, he's in my main party. But aside from him, my favorite new Pokémon from this generation would have to be Mimikyu. Mostly because I felt sorry for it and I wanted to just hug it and take it home with me. xD

Why is it that the more, well, 'cooler' looking pokemon are used. A Primarnia would wreck an Incineroar any day, it's ALWAYS the fire type. When actually considered, Popplio would be the best, as Primarnia's typing helps out story wise and is also decent competitively. In my eyes, Incineroar is literally a Charizard clone. And EVERYTHING to do with Charizard triggers me.

No, why would you compare my wrestling fire kitty to that overrated hunk of trash. ;^;
Jk.
But I still don't really see how Incineroar is a "Charizard clone". It is doesn't have the same typing, it's movepool is different, and it is no where near as well loved as Charizard. Just because you hate Incineroar, doesn't mean it's a Charizard clone.

Last edited:
I absolutely love Tsareena. Not only is she cute, not only is she glamorous, she will beat you into submission and then laugh boisterously while kicking your helpless, unmoving body. And you think that you can get to her with your silly "priority moves," do you? Well, her Queenly Majesty isn't going to let that happen. Your priority moves don't just lose their priority--they lose everything. Extreme Speed? Extremely useless. Sucker Punch? You're the sucker here. And to think that this royal Pokémon evolved from a little mangosteen! Your fish might become a dragon, but my fruit becomes a queen.

(I can't believe I just wrote this.)

505154_trainercard-Hermit.png

I'd say this card covers my favorites from Sun/Moon.

Last edited:
O.K, favorites from this Gen:

Popplio- originally I was gravitating towards Litten, but somehow this dorky sea lion won me over. Maybe it's because I felt bad because everyone else seemed to hate it, maybe I just sort of feel in love with it's cute awkwardness, I dunno. In the end, I'm glad I switched over when the starters evolution were revealed. Brionne is adorably derpy and Primarina's majestic as f'.

Mimikyu- like many people, I fell in love with this little guy the moment I read its backstory. Plus, it's really useful in competitive because of it's ability (hence the comic I made about my own), it's cute, raggety disguise makes it look creepy and adorable at the same time. It takes the concept of "pika-clone" and runs with it in the best possible way.

Alola Marowak- I've always been a fan of Cubone and Marowak so I was really happy to see them get a little love in Gen 7. I know it's more or less a recolored Marowak with long arms, but damn if it doesn't work for them! I love the whole mythology with them being Ghost-types along with them being fire dancers. Plus it's nice to see Marowak finally break into OU tier!

Alolan Persian for sure. I initially hated its design but I used it as a Meowth for team filler and I just couldn't bear to take her off the team. My Persian, Bella, turned out to be really strong and the design grew on me :p

Well, my favorite Pokémon in Sun and Moon is Jangmo-o hands down! Not only is his juvenile appearance so awe-inspiring, but his type also combos it to make him my all time favorite Pokémon.

To start off, Jangmo-o's appearance is astounding to my eyes when they first encountered him in the area of the vast, Poni Canyon. His youngster appearance gives off the impression that he is just getting on his four feet. He is learning the basics of combat and gaining the experience necessary for more powerful moves and potentially an evolution. Not only that, but his overall body structure greatly reminds me that of an ankylosaur. The scales on his forehead, sides of his body, and tail also add onto the impression of the ankylosaur; as it makes my mind ponder into the thought of the armor it has like an ankylosaur would have long ago.

Jangmo-o's type is also complement to his appearance, as his type makes him powerful in combat. The Dragon type is brawny in battle, as it resists the three most common types: Grass, Fire, and Water; while it also resists the Electric type. Even though Ice, Fairy, and even the its own type give the Dragon type a time of tribulation, this obstacle is greatly overcome from having such large base stats. Not only that, but some Dragon type moves are extremely powerful; take for example the move Core Enforcer, a move that was recentally introduced in Generation VII. Its power is enormous enough to take down the average Pokémon at equal levels. Its PP is also high enough to be used in a typical battle; assuming that the move always KOs a Pokémon every time.

Jangmo-o is my favorite Pokémon in Sun and Moon because his childish appearance was beyond magnificent when I first encountered him in the wild. His type makes him better suited for combat, which is a great combination with his already endearing aspect. Jangmo-o is always a Pokémon that I keep by my side, as I use him for combat to take down even the most formidable foes that may seem to prove indomitable to the untrained mind.

My top 4 are

Incineroar - My profile picture probably makes it a bit obvious, but I absolutley love Incineroar. I love it's design a lot, and I really appreciate the amount of personality GF has given it, especially through some of the poses it pulls off in the games. I also found it nice to battle with. Definitely tied with Blaziken and Samurott as my favourite fully evolved starter, ever.

Salazzle - This Pokemon is flipping amazing, nuff said. But seriously, she looks awesome, and although her defenses may be a bit on the weak side, she can certainly dish out a lot of damage.

Lycanroc (Midnight) - Loved it ever since it was first leaked in CoroCoro. Awesome design, nice shiny, and has so much personality in-game. Wish it was Rock/Dark though instead of pure Rock, but ah well.

Kartana - Not only is it freaking adorable, but it's also powerful, and the shiny form is awesome AF (such a shame all the ultra beasts are shiny locked...). Grass/Steel is a great typing as well in my opinion

I also love; Golisopod, Primarina, Lurantis, Bewear, Mareanie, and Alolan Ninetales.

I'd say that Bewear and Golisopod are my favorite Alolan Pokemon.

Bewear's ability Fluffy makes this guy shrug off most physical attacks with ease. 120 base HP with 80 base Defense plus Fluffy with 125 base Attack= One tough bear to beware of. The downside though is the Fire weakness Fluffy brings. 60 base Special Defense is not the greatest, and the fact that most Fire type moves are special doesn't help either. Still, when used properly Bewear can get the job done. I had Bewear on my Pokemon Sun team and boy did she pay off. Hammer Arm came down like a fist of destruction on many foes. Payback helped a lot too (especially after the speed drops from Hammer Arm).

Golisopod is one of those Pokemon that I instantly liked upon seeing it. When Team Skull Boss Guzma sent him out, I could tell he was a strong Pokemon. I never got the chance to see how well it performs in-game though seeing as Skarmory was not impressed by his First Impression at all. Emergency Exit activated after 1 Air Cutter. That ability surprised me. I didn't like.....AT FIRST!! After Ariados died to Air Cutter Golisopod came back in and tried another First Impression. Of course it failed miserably and he went down to an Air Cutter. Every time I battled Guzma Golisopod went down quick since I knew what to do. Eventually I decided to use Golisopod in Pokemon Showdown to see how good it was. And it was there that I learned to appreciate Emergency Exit and the move First Impression. Also the Assault Vest.

Honestly, I love a good portion of the pokémon in Sun and Moon so picking a favourite among the bunch has proven difficult. At first it was Alolan Exeggutor, since I loved it's design and I loved Exeggutor before it was announced for an Alolan form. Then it was Mimikyuu who, I'm sure many people are the same, I fell in love with at first sight.
BUT both of those were before I even got a chance to use them and I only knew what was shown through the trailers. So when I caught a Cutiefly, I wasn't expecting to fall in love with it's evolved form: Ribombee.

Bug is my favourite type so naturally I hold each bug mon close to my heart, but I'm well aware that a good portion of them are frail and go down pretty easily. But during my first playthrough of Moon, I didn't expect Ribombee to put in so much work and also be so fun to use!
With access to Pollen Puff, Moonblast, Psychic, Quiver Dance and a handful of other great moves as well as an amazing ability in Shield Dust, it's standard defences are made up for by it's speed (Ribombee is one of the fastest mons prior to Poké Bank with base 124) and it's decent movepool.
Whilst I will admit that Ribombee isn't entirely the strongest, it is pretty strong though, I love it's design and how cute it is. Also, I love the concept behind it as well.