• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What's your favourite new Pokémon for Sun and Moon?

I'd have to go with Bewear. It's definitely not loved more than others, but I'm really looking forward to having one on my team! A close second would have to be Minior, though. I love literally everything about it! :D For starters, I have a soft spot for Litten and Rowlet, but I do like Popplio, too. I'm not sure which one I'll pick once the game comes out!

Okay, I've been on the Popplio train right from the get go, so... there's that.

Though, I have to say... CHARJABUG IS LITERALLY MY FAVE. It's a little box of cute! I don't even care that it's a bug type! When I get Pokemon Moon, Imma get myself a Charjabug, evolve it to a Vikavolt because Pokedex, then get another Charjabug just to have because IT'S THAT CUTE. XD

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
MIMIKYU NEEDS A HUG AND I LOVE IT TO BITS AND PIECES. <333

I have quite a few I love in this generation, actually. Besides Mimikyu, I also love Salandit, Drampa, Cutiefly, Lurantis, Charjabug, and Mudbray, just to name some of them. Actually, it would probably be easier for me to name the Pokemon I don't like (though I won't, because that's outside of the point of this thread) since I can easily count them on one hand.

There are so many new Pokemon that I like, so this is kind of a hard question.
If I really thought about it though, I'd say it's a tie between Popplio, Lycanroc Midnight form, and Bewear.
I also really love Type: Null, Drampa, Mudbray, Mudsdale, and Vikavolt.

Newer Pokemon (not counting the new Alola forms) Litten and Torracat are my most favorite, and really loving Solgaleo as well - yep I love felines in real life

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Now that we've seen a good number of the new Pokemon and I've had proper time to ponder this question, I'm finding that my favourites of the bunch are Cosmog, Rockruff, Mimikyu, Wishiwashi (School Form), Type: Null and Silvally, and Tapu Koko. :)

Rockruff, Cosmog, and Silvally were love at first sight, but I quickly grew very fond of the other four as well. Aside from Type: Null and Tapu Koko, which are just cool creatures, Wishiwashi's School Form is a really nifty design and concept. As for Mimikyu, it initially struck me as odd but I've since come to appreciate its charm. It's so damn cute and I just want to hug it. ;_;

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I have a whole bunch of new favorites, some of which I am not at liberty to discuss as they have not been officially revealed yet - But the ones that were... I'd say, Rowlet, Decidueye, Vikavolt, Wimpod, Mimikyu, Lurantis, Wishiwashi, Type: Null and Silvally.

Plant + owls are an obvious ♥ combination for me, and the organic bow-wing sharpshooter thing Decidueye has going for it is really nifty - in particular with its ghost traits. Plus, the trailer showing the thing off with a goddamn wisteria background. It's like they knew. <<
(It's not that I dislike Dartrix, I just don't love it as much as I do the other two forms)

Vikavolt is an awesome spaceship beetle, and I entirely to play a minigame featuring it shooping around in an 80s-esque top-down space shooter (or Gradius-esque side-view space shooter, either works) firing pew-pew electric lasers at end-of-level-boss Ultra Beasts. xD

Fact: Wimpod is adorable. I am quite fond of isopods and the minor trilobite and silverfish-like elements the thing has certainly help. I have other reasons for loving the damn thing, though, but I can't discuss those yet. More on this post-release.

Mimikyu isn't what you'd expect me to like - but I feel for the thing, and I love the fact it's implied to be an absolutely mind-warping maddening eldritch horrorterror beneath its low-budget cosplay which it made itself. It just wants a goddamn hug. That said, I kinda wish it had other costume forms that aren't based on the goddamn yellow rat. Gimme my Bulbakyu damnit.

Lurantis is an odd case - I didn't like it at first because they finally give us an orchid mantis and it's just a pure-grass type? And what is with those pinstripe pants?! Then I realized that it's not a mantis mimicing a flower, it's a flower mimicing a mantis. It's an Orchid Mantis Orchid Mobius Double Reacharound. That made me appreciate it a hell of a lot more in an instant. I'd train one of these in a heartbeat, but I'm already set on Decidueye as my grass-type in Alola. Maybe in a future run?

Wishiwashi is another case in which I am not a big fan of the basic design but I absolutely love the concept and it strikes me as something that would look absolutely awesome properly drawn/animated. Just. A fractal swarmfoam of tiny fish forming an enormous doom fish. Much awesome potential. Very glub.

As for Type: Null and Silvally... Goes without saying I guess. Chimeric beastie created to stand up to a creature portrayed in mythology as godlike, and once it drops its helmet its head is very much adorabirb. I like that thing a lot. Shame it'd probably be so late game it'd be moot. But hey!

If Alola Forms are counted, I also greatly dig Alolan Exeggutor (that thing is hilarious and I am not sorry) and the Alola Vulpix/Ninetales line. I appreciate the Sandshrew/Sandslash too, but Ice/Steel as a combination with the properties this one seems to exhibit is basically suicide in 'mon form.

Honorable mention goes to Cutiefly (but not its evolution) because it's p. much exactly what it is in the real world, sans a pair of legs. <<;

Last edited:
I've slowly but surely fallen for Mimikyu. I mean, sure, it may be a ghostly abomination who curses all who dare to peek under its poorly made pikachu costume, but dammit, it just wants to be loved! And after listening to mimikyu's song, I decided that I had to have one on my team.

(That being said, I'm pretty sure that it would have an easier time being caught if its costume resembled a shiny eevee. Or just any shiny pokemon.)

And I love the idea behind oricorio, but I hate the designs of two of its 'styles'. Baile style is pretty nice, as is sensu style, but pa'u style is just... I dunno, I just don't like it. And pom-pom style is kinda ridiculous.

I want a Bounsweet and I want it now, and I want to evolve her into Tsareena and have all that Queenly Majesty up in here. I love my grass types. :)

I am also excited for Alolan Exeggutor, like give me my tall wonderful Grass Dragon now. lol

Mine has got to be Rockruff! I was so excited when the revealed him, such a cute little puppy. Really like his midday form too.

Also as far as alolan forms go, I adore alolan raichu so much and can't wait to grt my hands on one ♥

Of the new ones I really like Vikavolt. I've become a fan of bug-types in recent years and this thing just looks boss. I wonder how it will compare to Galvantula. We shall see.
My #2 is Alolan Marowak. I love Marowak in general, so I'm saving a team slot for this guy. I'm still wondering why the heck they got rid of it's ground typing. I'm sure I'll make a few misplays just 'cause I'll think "Ooh! A ground-type will work here!", but I'll roll with it.

I really want to like Alolan Muk, as Muk is a huge favorite of mine in gen 1. But I just don't know. I'm not sure if I can get over that color scheme. But I'm trying to keep an open mind and just go along with it. Perhaps I will come to like it.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Rockruff and Lycanroc (Midday) are my current favourites I believe, along with Alolan Vulpix, Type: Null and Silvally. I also really like Decidueye and Salandit has really grown on me recently. All the Pokemon I've mentioned will probably form my first playthrough team of Pokemon Moon, unless I encounter one of the other Pokemon and I take a liking to it (which'll probably happen with something or other!)

Rockruff has been a favourite of mine since it was first revealed though, so overall I do have to go with it as my favourite ♥

(Manectric is still top dog in my heart though!)

There are so many new Pokemon that I like, so this is kind of a hard question.
If I really thought about it though, I'd say it's a tie between Popplio, Lycanroc Midnight form, and Bewear.
I also really love Type: Null, Drampa, Mudbray, Mudsdale, and Vikavolt.
Well, my favourites have changed quite significantly since the whole AlolaDex was revealed. Here is my updated list:

Incineroar
Salazzle
Lycanroc (Midnight)
Golisopod
Primarina
Lurantis
Bewear
Mareanie
Turtonator
Shiinotic
Ultra Beasts: Kartana, Xirkitree

Last edited:
All 3 starters, Tsareea, Oricorio, Rimbombee, Lycanroc (sun/day form) Mudbray/Mudsdale, Araqunuid, Lurantis, Shiinotic, Palossand, and Cosmog.
Yeah I have ALOT of favorites from this generation.

Last edited:
Rowlet, Pukumuyku, and Mimikyu. Rowlet is so cute with his little bowtie. Pukumuku Is a really cool concept, and it's kinda cute. Mimikyu is cool, and i like how he's pretending to be pikachu, he's a pikachu clone, but not an [type]electric[/type] type!

Probably Vikavolt. It looks awesome,
learns Thunderbolt on evolution (my favourite electric move)
and its first form, Grubbin is early found. (Even though Charjabug has to evolve in Vast Poni Canyon)

I really want to like Alolan Muk, as Muk is a huge favorite of mine in gen 1. But I just don't know. I'm not sure if I can get over that color scheme. But I'm trying to keep an open mind and just go along with it. Perhaps I will come to like it.
Well, after playing a bit I've decided I really like Alolan Grimer. Yeah, it's kinda funky-looking, but it's definitely been my MVP thus far. It can take pretty much anything the game is throwing at me right now. In Pokemon Refresh it's pretty derpy, but in an oddly charming way. Definitely become a favorite. :)

Definitely in love with Mudbray right now!! She (Fiona) has been an amazing addition to my team!!

I don't know any pokemon past Rt 4, I have managed to avoid every leak and spoiler excepting the starters and two main legendaries.

Ooooooh boy! I've been flip-flopping around on deciding exactly which new Pokemon (not counting Alolan Forms) I would consider to be my favorite of the whole bunch. I think Game Freak really outdid themselves with Gen VII. There are so many Pokemon this time around that I just fell in love with, whether due to design, concepts and/or battle capabilities; Pallossand, Dhelmise, Salazzle, Golisopod, Bewear, Vikavolt, Tsareena, Lurantis, Passimian & Oranguru, Drampa, Ribombee, the mascot legendaries, the three starters, the Ultra Beasts, the four Tapus, and Necrozma...all to name just a few from the top of my head!

But...after soaking 100+ hours into completing the Alola Pokedex on my Moon copy (a goal which I finally achieved yesterday), I ultimately managed to determine which new Pokemon takes my top spot.

1470550561840.png

Yup! Minior rocks out (excuse the pun) as my #1 favorite Alola Pokemon. For me, no other Gen VII Pokemon quite tops this stellar little fella, and for good reason. A Pokemon made from mutated nanoparticles in the stratosphere, you say? What a spectacular, and surprisingly credible, origin! If that wasn't good enough, it comes in seven different colors and shields itself with debris it collected from its descent to earth. I'm a sucker for cosmic-themed things, and this guy just screams "I'm perfect for you!!!".

Not to mention how good it is in battle. Bulky and slow at first with an immunity to status conditions while armored, but then flips to offensive and gets its speed doubled once the shield comes down: sort of reminds me of Aegislash, however it requires more care and planning to work with than said possessed sword. You have to manage HP to get the best results while avoiding potential one-shots. But if you use it right, then holy be-jeezus is the reward insane! With a move-pool including Shell Smash, Acrobatics, Power Gem, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, and Explosion...you can be damn near unstoppable if you get set-up. Obviously it has things that'll check and counter it like anything else, but that's what a team of five other members is for, right?

Also, I know I've blabbed on about this thing enough already, but can I please give a mention to Shiny Minior?

upload_2016-12-26_23-44-23.png

Black with a shard of each of its seven non-shiny colors in the body. The immaculacy and detail put into this is just unmatched by any other shiny re-color to date (unless there's another I'm not thinking of), and this definitely ranks as my favorite Shiny Pokemon of all time. And now that I have my Shiny Charm, you can be certain I will spend as long as I have to in order to breed me a Shiny Minior I can EV/ Hyper-Train for battle.

...Sorry that I've dragged on gushing over this guy. It's just....auuuuugh! I love this Pokemon so much!!!

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-26_23-43-54.png
    upload_2016-12-26_23-43-54.png
    160.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Now I've fully played through the game, my favourite is definetly

RIBOMBEE
Wasn't planning on catching one in the middle of the story, just like my Hariyama. Found it wild in Ula'Ula Meadow, caught it and used it due to its amazing move set. Ended up using it in my main team due to it being a powerhouse. Plus it's soooo cute.

Another favorite of mine is Lycanroc's midday form, wasn't planning on giving it a try, but I did and really loved it, cute design, animations, first rock type that stayed in my team the entire journey.

so happy to have given it a chance.

Gen 7 was probably the best gen for me, I really loved the pokemon there. Among my favorites of Generation 7 were probably Komala (my new favorite [type]normal[/type] type!), Jangmo-o, Minior, Solgaleo, Shiinotic and the Almighty Nebby the Cosmog.