• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Welcome to the World of Pokémon!: Kanto (Sign-Up/Discussion)

Name: Skylar Cosmos
Role:
Hometown:
Alola, Melemele Island, Iki Town.

Appearance: Skylar has fair, white skin, bright blue eyes and blonde hair. She usually likes to wear it straight down to the length of almost her waist, but usually has a small ponytail on top of her let down hair. She wears a pink stripy crop top with a transparent white one over the top of it, along with light blue denim shorts and pink sneakers. She would usually take her Meowth design bag around with her, as well.
Personality: She has a rainbow coloured personality, meaning she’s kind, loves to be friends with everyone around her and cares for her Pokèmon. She dreams to find all the Pokèmon out there and travel the regions to see how amazing they really are. She hopes to get a Mew, but obviously I don’t have that permission from an admin, so that won’t happen any time soon.
Brief Background: Skylar’s parents first met in Kanto when her mother journeyed there for a new experience. They always raised her well, to treat Pokèmon with respect and love them no matter their strength. She has a particular love for cat Pokèmon.

She’ll be in Pewter after deciding to see what Kanto was all about. She wanted to visit every single city.

Team:
Litten - Fire Fang, Double Kick, Swagger, Lick
Background: Skylar's first starter. The pair met eyes and instantly knew it was their fate. Litten had jumped up onto Skylar at the first chance it got, and wouldn't let go until she took it with her. They've been fighting together for a while since the first meeting, and Skylar hopes to evolve Litten soon.
Alolan Meowth - Bite, Feint Attack, Screech, Fake Out

Background: Skylar found this Meowth roaming Melemele Island looking for money. It jumped at anyone it could, and it had a real cat-itude. She saw potential in it and gave it the chance to have her as a trainer, and it happily accepted. It has gone on with its attitude ever since.

Last edited:
@Wapiti So I think it would be really interesting if we had Red's Charizard square off against Shadow Pikachu in a full-fledged 1v1 match, but seeing as how things are going, Charizard's not going to be able to take that many hits and due to the shadow power-up, Pikachu is much stronger. Therefore, we should have a buffed Charizard to make an equal match for Shadow Pikachu. And how will we do that? Mega Evolu
So if it's ok with you, can I have Red Mega Evolve Charizard into its X form? (Of course, I'll run the bio, background, mega stone acquisition, etc. through a mod first for clearance) Now this may seem a bit crazy, but hear me out. I want to make some events of the Origins special canon in this rp, specifically the one in which he obtains the Charzardite X and the Key Stone from Mr. Fuji. So do you think this is a good idea or nah?

@LFS: Yeah, I think that's a really cool idea! Since the Key Stone was given to him by Mr. Fuji and Red is the only Trainer with one that we know of, I think it would be interesting to make it so that Mega Evolution is a relatively unfamiliar concept to the average person. Just make sure you get clearance from the mods.

I'm afraid I can't approve that. The sort of nonsensical shenanigans Origins Red ran through (literallycaught them all, including multiple legendaries, actually became Regional Champion apparently etc.) are unacceptable here RP-forums-ways, and so I can definitely not approve anyone being him.

It is important to remember that RPs are not the games or the anime. The protagonists of the games (and Origins!Red is a horrible brain-dead mutation of the protagonist of Red/Green, of course) all appear to be some kind of weird ten year old prodigies that everything comes easily and naturally to. Creatures that would rarely appear before anyone randomly appear before them, they just get handed random evolution catalysts for the most arbitrary of reasons... it makes sense from a gameplay perspective, but it's all too convenient from a story/setting perspective in a slightly more realistic Pokemon setting - which is what RPs would take place in. Not saying that characters that are powerful, skilled and experienced can't happen... But yeah. Not this kid.

Definitely not with having everything just casually handed to them, either.

Rip. Worth a shot, I guess.

Hey everyone, going to try to get a post up tonight or tomorrow. This weekend is a pretty big event at my university (46-hour dance marathon) so I likely won't be very active, if at all, until Monday. Just wanted to let y'all know.

Sorry it's been so long, I'll try to get a post out later tonight, I have to be gone most of this afternoon, it'll come out eventually xD

In the mean time, I guess you could just sum up abouts where everyone is right now?

Sorry for figuratively being dead. Just came back from a half-week convention. From what I've generally skimmed I'm finding a difficulty of how to make a post fit in right now. My character is following Alex but I'm not sure what he's doing.

Hey everyone! The dance marathon went great! I do have quite a bit of work this week but I'm going to try to get a post up asap. I will keep everyone updated.

@Jodie.xox: Most of the Trainers are just kind of going about their business in Pewter City, whereas Team Rocket is infiltrating Team Snagem's base at Mt. Moon.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Lorenzo Mortalus
Role: Pokemon Performer
Hometown: Hau'oli City, Alola

Appearance: Tall, around 6' 10", lean yet muscular, brown messy hair and goatee, one green eye and one blue eye, freckles and a tribal tattoo depicting a demon like creature on his back. When travelling he wears tattered blue jeans, a tight fitting white shirt, an open red tartan shirt and black trainers. When performing he wears an all black suit, a tight fitting black shirt with the top 3 buttons undone, black loafers and a fedora. (this second part can be removed depending on what @Wapiti says about my roe suggestion.)
Personality: Lorenzo is pretty laid back, he is also loyal and trustworthy. He likes to get his hands dirty and travel and likes performing. He has a hear of heights and he can be a bit sexist when he is in a bad mood. He wants to travel the world and perform to all sorts of different audiences.
Brief Background: Lorenzo group up pretty well off, his mother was a great singer, Lady Moonlight, so he was kind of spoilt as a kid. When his mum passed away he was 15, his dad owned a mining business so they were still doing well. Lorenzo started singing at the age of 7, and started to perform with his mum at the age of 12, under the alias Moonlight Junior. After his mum passed he gained fame on his own as Mr. Midnight. He quickly became a big hit in Alola and decided to move abroad. He came to Kanto looking for a new audience.
Other: His stage name is Mr. Midnight.

Pokémon
Nickname:
Ginger
Species: Eevee
Ability: Adaptability
Moves:
Protect
Shadow Ball
Quick Attack
Psychic

Backstory: Lorenzo found Ginger abandoned and abused, when he was 6, he took her home and nursed her back to health, they became good friends and have been that way ever since.

Pokémon
Nickname:
Shadow
Species: Frogadier
Ability: Protean
Moves:
Protect
Water Shuriken
Shadow Sneak
Night Slash
Backstory: Was given to Lorenzo as a Frogadier to be his bodyguard, but they are quite close.

Last edited:
@Shadow_Pup: Greninja is still too overpowered. I wouldn't be opposed to you having a Froakie or possibly a Frogadier if you had a good reason for it, but Greninja is a little too strong for where we are in the roleplay.

Everyone is in Pewter City at the moment, with a few Team Rocket members in Mt. Moon. You could have your character meet up with the others or do his own thing.

If it's not too late, may I join?y

Name:
Florem Nagi
Role: Traveler
Hometown: Lavender Town, Kanto

Appearance: Florem is a very petite girl standing at 5'0" with light peach colored skin, long pink wavy hair that's usually in a loose braid and bright violet eyes. She prefers to wear a grey long sleeved turtleneck shirt with a purple cross on it over her chest along with a black skirt that reaches slightly above the knees and grey tennis shoes with a pink star design on them. What's really eye catching is her bright lavender backpack she carries around full of herbal medicines and tools to make them along with other little things to help her along her journey.

Personality:
Florem is a shy but very loving and sweet girl who can't stand to see anyone, people or pokemon hurt and will do anything to try and help. She tends to stutter and speaks in a very soft voice which makes it hard for anyone to hear her and she's also sometimes so quiet that she tends to accidentally sneak up on people and spook them. Florem has a curious nature by heart and likes to observe wild pokemon at times, she'll spend hours if undisturbed just to watch them interact with their enviroment. One thing with Florem is that she's afraid of thunder, she'll just freeze up, this fear also tends to make her skittish around electric pokemon even tho for some reason she seems to attract them.

Brief Background:
Florem was born and raised in Lavender Town, Kanto by her Poke-Doctor mother from Sinnoh and her Ghost Researcher father from Hoenn, they lived a stable and happy life with her mother working at the pokemon center and her father researching and constantly exploring the pokemon tower. Florem grew up learning about plants and medicine from her mother and would take trips with her father to study ghost pokemon where she found her love for the spooky and trickster-loving pokemon that would always play pranks and make her laugh. Florem never really knew what she wanted to be, whether to follow in her parents footsteps or make her own path in life, she didn't know but the one thing she did want was to travel and learn more about this wonderful world to see every region, to see the different people and pokemon this world had to offer.

Other:
Florem's backpack contain's herbs and tools to make medicine where ever she goes, it also holds a sketch book, a small sewing kit, and some campfire items just in case. Florem loves to cook especially with berries and likes sweet things.

Pokémon
Nickname: Spookz
Species: Ghastly
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Lick, Smog, Hypnosis, Confuse Ray
Backstory: Florem met this sweet heart of a Ghastly when she was little and went on a trip with her dad to study ghost pokemon. They met when she was separated from her father and not wanting to leave the crying child alone Ghastly stayed and played with her until her father found her with they help of his Gengar, with that Ghastly was welcome to join the family where he and Florem became the best of friends who now begin their journey together.

Skylar gasped, “Lorenzo?” She stood up and stretched out her hand, “It’s a pleasure!” She chuckled, “Oh.. I’m sorry.. I’m from Alola, I think your performing is amazing!” She petted the Eevee and Frogadier, “Your two are very cute, aswell.” She smiled, pointing to Litten, “Yep, he’s my Litten, alright. That’s also my Alolan Meowth.” She said, pointing to her Meowth which was staring into Lorenzo’s pockets. “Protect your wallet, Lorenzo!”
@Shadow_Pup Are you able to reply?

Just finished my gym match.

Left off dead in the Pokemon Center if anyone makes there way over at some point for interaction.
A shame I hadnt joined a bit earlier, would love to have been involved in the evil teams first appearance.

I'll try to get an interaction going with you in the relatively near future, if the flow allows for it. At the moment, I'm torn between hearing from LFS, and my promise to post every other day. I'll add one later today, regardless.

Hello, I've seen this RP in front of me a few times and it looks like this one has a bright future ahead of it. I'd like to join this if you'd let me.

Name: Alex Erta
Role: Researcher (Pokémon and Power, how can they replace fossil fuels?)
Hometown: Lavaridge Town, Hoenn

Appearance: Alex has a tanned skin, short messy black hair and brown eyes. He stands at about 6 foot and has a few burn scars on his body due to his way of research. Despite being a researcher, he doesn't like to wear a lab coat and instead sticks to a red t-shirt and a pair of jeans that both have been treated to catch fire not as quickly than usual.

Personality: Alex is someone who will stop at nothing to do his research, even bending the law to some degree and getting up close and personal to Pokémon of all degrees. Despite this he never hurts the Pokémon he's working with and respects them as if they are an authority figure. He researches primarily Fire types and gets burned every so often due to that, but he doesn't let the prospect of getting hurt get between him and the job he loves. This drive has made him rather reckless and has gotten him in trouble before for trespassing. He is fiercely loyal to who he considers his friends but that loyalty can die out really quick when betrayed or he's being used.

Brief Background: Growing up in Lavaridge Town, Alex was no stranger to volcanoes and thermal energy. He visited Mt. Chimney and the Hot Springs daily, and watched every battle of Flannery. He loved Fire types and always wanted one for himself, even looking for wild Numel and Slugma from time to time and taking care of the Pokémon of the Gym Trainers. One day his parents took him to the Mossdeep Space Center and sparked his interest in science, the marvels of technology and the power of fire just went hand in hand. Of course he never had to use coal due to the warm climate of Hoenn, but elsewhere in the world people were freezing. He knew that coal eventually would run out and that people eventually had to adapt. He decided that Pokémon would be the answer and is researching how they can be used effectively. He travelled to Kanto as he heard that there was a strong Fire type scientist that lived in Kanto that might be able to teach him and brainstorm with him, and if he was really lucky he might even become his apprentice.
Other: He is surprisingly good at swimming.

Pokémon

Nickname: Erebus
Species: Numel
Ability: Simple
Moves: Focus Energy, Magnitude, Ember, Growth
Backstory: Erebus was a wild Numel that had been starving due to its relatively small size making it unable to compete with the bigger Numel around. In its frustration it used Ember on some dry grass, causing the grass that wasn't eaten to burn to ashes. In its desperation it climbed up the mountainside looking for food. The townspeople fed it berries and herbs, Erebus gorged on the food and its humpgrew in size, but the next day the Numel's hump was just as small as normal. Alex was curious as to why this happened every time it got fed, and asked his father for a Pokéball. Eventually he caught the Numel and discovered that the hump suddenly grew when getting fed due to the sudden rush of fuel and nutrients hitting the Numel harder than normal Numel due to its smaller size. After the food has been burnt up the hump shrinks back to its previous size. After some experimenting, Alex discovered that the size growth resembled the move Growth and began using it in battle.