• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Welcome to the World of Pokémon!: Kanto (Sign-Up/Discussion)

@DarkHydraT: You're accepted! Feel free to post on the main thread.

Again, I apologize for my inactivity, everyone. I had midterm exams this week and had to travel home for spring break. I'm going to get a post up tomorrow where Alex will be battling the Gym.

@Wapiti , Thank you so much! :3 and sorry for not replying just yet, I had to catch up with work and school for a bit but I'll have a post up soon sometime this week

Hey, everyone, I am so sorry once again. I will have a post up moving the story forward by TOMORROW, and if it's not there, you can hold me accountable for it. I've had numerous issues pop up in my personal life that needed my immediate attention, but I'm looking to get this RP moving again.

@Pokemon Fanfiction Novels: I just finished midterms yesterday, I'll be on break for the next week. As for Discord, I got locked out of my account, but I'm working on getting back in.

Hey, everyone, I am so sorry once again. I will have a post up moving the story forward by TOMORROW, and if it's not there, you can hold me accountable for it. I've had numerous issues pop up in my personal life that needed my immediate attention, but I'm looking to get this RP moving again.

@Pokemon Fanfiction Novels: I just finished midterms yesterday, I'll be on break for the next week. As for Discord, I got locked out of my account, but I'm working on getting back in.

Good to hear this is kicking back up again.
I look forward to my next OC encounter. Hope these Snag encounters draw some attention.

Last edited:
I suppose I could, but after how many attacks does Bide unleash?
The enemy hits twice. Then Bide gets priority strike.

Also: this is something that I've written on the Discord, but considering how inactive it has been, I'd best post it here. I'm considering the long game for this RP, and thus, considering the introduction of a legendary pokemon. Yeah, yeah, I know, approval and all that- but hypothetically assuming all goes well, I'd be summoning Mew into the plot. Again: this is the "long" game, so it wouldn't happen anytime soon, but steps would be taken to prepare its arrival.

I won't go much further into detail, at risk of spoiling potential plans. But if anyone has thoughts on the matter they'd like me to consider, I'll listen.

The enemy hits twice. Then Bide gets priority strike.

Also: this is something that I've written on the Discord, but considering how inactive it has been, I'd best post it here. I'm considering the long game for this RP, and thus, considering the introduction of a legendary pokemon. Yeah, yeah, I know, approval and all that- but hypothetically assuming all goes well, I'd be summoning Mew into the plot. Again: this is the "long" game, so it wouldn't happen anytime soon, but steps would be taken to prepare its arrival.

I won't go much further into detail, at risk of spoiling potential plans. But if anyone has thoughts on the matter they'd like me to consider, I'll listen.
Does it function the same as in the games or not? Just want to make sure before I do something.

The introduction of Mew sounds pretty fun, but I'd recommend having a back-up plan in case you don't get approved. Just a heads-up

For some reason, I'm unable to access my Discord account, but I'm working on it.

However, I agree, Mew sounds like it could be a fun addition to the plot and I can think of quite a few ways it could be implemented. Of course, if we don't get approval it's no big deal, but I think it's worth a shot.

Hey guys, sorry about my sudden absence. I was out on a trip for a while. I understand that quite a bit has happened since I left, so do you guys mind if I just rejoin with my old character?
Very little progressed in your absence: Tracer captured Ein along with the Shadow Serum, and Agent White was spotted by Red- but permitted escape. We're now back safe(?) in Pewter, and Executive Petrel is about to debrief in a meeting with the other Rocket admins. Tracer's attending while Gastly's back to spying. You can do whatever- join the meeting, go to Pewter Gym, the Pokecenter, interact with new joiners currently in Pewter, etc.

I wonder, I wonder. Does this RP still accept new people? If so, I'd be happy to give it a try.

Edit: This is a perfect example of my less-than-optimal memory. I already applied to this and totally forgot about it. Yikes. *Awkward intensifies*

Last edited:
Name: Crimson
Role: Pokemon Trainer
Hometown: A Native to Viridan City

Appearance: Crimson wears a Crimson colored leather jacket that bears white sleeves, a white hood with red lining, and white pockets. He also wears dark blue jeans, crimson colored sneakers with white laces and tips, white t-shirt, and black fingerless gloves with crimson around the wrist area. He usually lets his dark brown hair out which is spiky and short. He will wear a crimson baseball cap to cover up his head sometimes.
Personality: Crimson is the type of trainer to plan out battles before they happen. For example, when he got his first pokemon Bulbasaur, his rival challenged him and he attempted to make a strategy on the spot: despite not having ANY experience. He loves to think his way out of situations as well.
Brief Background: Shortly after the death of his father, Crimson vowed to one day become strong enough to make his father proud of what he could become. In doing so, he chose the path of a Trainer, Bulbasaur becoming his ace when visiting Pallet Town with his mom.

Pokémon: Bulbasaur
Nickname: Saur
Species: Bulbasaur
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, and Vine Whip
Backstory: Professor Oak met Crimson and his mom when they came to Pallet Town. When Bulbasaur, the last starter who didn't get picked, tried to escape from the lab, Crimson managed to tame the distressed pokemon who later befriended him. The pair soon trained together and Crimson had him for a short while until he decided it was time to go explore the world of Pokemon.
Interesting Fact: (If this is okay with Admin/Creator) Bulbasaur's markings on his head change colors depending on what move he uses. If he uses a poison type move, it turns purple for instance.

I wonder, I wonder. Does this RP still accept new people? If so, I'd be happy to give it a try.

Edit: This is a perfect example of my less-than-optimal memory. I already applied to this and totally forgot about it. Yikes. *Awkward intensifies*
Name: Crimson
Role: Pokemon Trainer
Hometown:
A Native to Viridan City

Appearance: Crimson wears a Crimson colored leather jacket that bears white sleeves, a white hood with red lining, and white pockets. He also wears dark blue jeans, crimson colored sneakers with white laces and tips, white t-shirt, and black fingerless gloves with crimson around the wrist area. He usually lets his dark brown hair out which is spiky and short. He will wear a crimson baseball cap to cover up his head sometimes.
Personality: Crimson is the type of trainer to plan out battles before they happen. For example, when he got his first pokemon Bulbasaur, his rival challenged him and he attempted to make a strategy on the spot: despite not having ANY experience. He loves to think his way out of situations as well.
Brief Background: Shortly after the death of his father, Crimson vowed to one day become strong enough to make his father proud of what he could become. In doing so, he chose the path of a Trainer, Bulbasaur becoming his ace when visiting Pallet Town with his mom.

Pokémon: Bulbasaur
Nickname: Saur
Species: Bulbasaur
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, and Vine Whip
Backstory: Professor Oak met Crimson and his mom when they came to Pallet Town. When Bulbasaur, the last starter who didn't get picked, tried to escape from the lab, Crimson managed to tame the distressed pokemon who later befriended him. The pair soon trained together and Crimson had him for a short while until he decided it was time to go explore the world of Pokemon.
Interesting Fact: (If this is okay with Admin/Creator) Bulbasaur's markings on his head change colors depending on what move he uses. If he uses a poison type move, it turns purple for instance.
Owner is away right now or something, yes I think it should still be open and you’ll probably have to wait a bit for the bio to be accepted