• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Welcome to the World of Pokémon!: Kanto (Sign-Up/Discussion)

Apologies if my first few posts are a bit on the short side.
Its just battles usually don't take several paragraphs to map out properly and I'd prefer if someone else took up the role of Brock so its a bit more enjoyable. Plus I was kinda aiming for the cinematic and brief intro.
Any volunteers? Haha

So is @Wapiti oc the only Team Rocket member in play? I know Giovanni is currently MIA (and I hope for his return), but are all the higher ups going to be from the original anime cast?
Because I wouldnt mind adding a soon-to-be team rocket Commander myself.

As of right now, the Team Rocket members are me, LFS, and Pokemon Fanfiction Novels. While the roleplay does borrow some elements from the anime (such as the battling style and one-off characters like Officer Jenny), it mainly follows the canon of the games, specifically after the events of Red & Blue. The Kanto we are traveling in would be the same Kanto that appears in HeartGold & SoulSilver, with some obvious custom modifications. While the universe of WWP! is very much of our own design, it uses the games as a base for storytelling.

This means that the executives would be Archer, Proton, Petrel, and Ariana. I'm definitely not opposed to the idea of original characters rising through the ranks, however I do have a plan for Giovanni, so please nobody take control of him.

Also, I should state that characters like Ash, Jessie, and James won't be appearing in this unless someone can think of a very good reason or story behind them showing up.

EDIT: Something I completely forgot to mention is that the reason our Team Rocket agent characters stand out is because most standard Team Rocket grunts tend to be relatively dumb. In both the anime and games, many of the goons are portrayed to be not very bright and pretty much thrive on committing petty crimes like stealing cash and Pokémon. However, obviously agents like Tracer, Abby, and Walt are assigned to special missions because they happen to be more capable than the normal run-of-the-mill member. So I don't think it's very farfetched that they are able to quickly rise through the ranks.

Last edited:
Name: Cameron "Cam" Hale
Role: Researcher
Hometown: Cinnabar Island

Appearance: Cam is an extremely tall individual, standing at around 6'6, and although he is rather broad, he is slightly overweight. His cheeks are riddled with light acne scars from his awkward teenage years. He has a proportionally large and wide nose, which is the most prominent feature on his face. Atop this sits a pair of thick black glasses that he is essentially blind without. His medium length brown hair is often spiked-up and sticks slightly towards the right side of his body.

Cam typically garbs some kind of plain grey hoodie or sweater, excluding when he is in extreme heat or cold. Below this, he usually sports a pair of tan chinos, which are clearly not long enough as his white socks are often showing from beneath due to his extreme height. Cam wears a pair of white sneakers on his large feet that he always attempts to keep clean, but never quite can. Most of his supplies are stored in a small navy and yellow colored backpack that never quite leaves his side.

Personality: Although Cameron is not confrontational, he is very quick to become unreasonably angry. Regardless of this, he is still rather outgoing. Cam has an irrational fear of bug-type Pokemon and tries to avoid them at all costs. He often tries to outsmart others, whether it be in battle or in an argument, which does not work in his favor because he is not as smart as he thinks he is. Because of this though, his battle strategy often involves extremely gimmicky moves.

Brief Background: The son of two researchers, Cam grew up on Cinnabar Island, where his parents both worked in the research lab. Due to the Cinnabar Lab being world-renowned for fossil research, he grew up with a fascination of fossil-Pokemon. As he aged, Cam would often accompany his parents to the lab and as a result, he wanted to do research of his own. As a child, he would often spend hours on the computer doing various activities, and this ensued him pursuing research into the Pokemon Storage System and how it could be improved. He has begun traveling around Kanto because he desires to talk to the different intellectual minds of the region, like Professor Oak and Bill, and get their opinions on his research.

Pokémon
omanyte.png

Nickname:
Fibs
Species: Omanyte
Ability: Weak Armor
Moves: Constrict, Withdraw, Water Gun, Leer
Backstory: Not much is known about Fibs backstory as he was found by a team of researchers in the form of a fossil in Rock Tunnel. He was then revived at the Cinnabar Research Lab, where he befriended Cam during one of his many visits. Cameron returned numerous times to see his new friend and once the lab was done researching Fibs, they allowed Cam to claim him as his own. Cinnabar Island was a great place to raise an Omanyte and the two would spend hours splashing in the waves of the surrounding ocean as they bonded.
charmander.png

Nickname: Roshi
Species: Charmander
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Scratch, Dragon Pulse, Ember, Smokescreen
Backstory: Roshi was entrusted to Cam by Blaine, the local gym leader, as payment for Cam helping him to sweep the ashes out of his gym after an Arcanine went awry. Blaine claimed that he had found Roshi injured on the slopes of Cinnabar's famous volcano. It is unknown how he ended up there, but Blaine seemed to think he was attacked by a relentless flock of Pidgey. Although Fibs did not like having another Pokemon come along with them on their beach strolls, he and Roshi became close friends.
munchlax.png

Nickname: Teddy "Ted"
Species: Munchlax
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves: Tackle, Defense Curl, Lick
Backstory: Teddy is Cam's newest team member and as a result Ted will not listen to him whatsoever. Being a Munchlax, Teddy naturally has a huge appetite and often gets into trouble in pursuit of food. Cameron was able to capture Ted when the Pokemon ran off with his lunch one day while he was working at the lab. Although Cam has a slight resentment for Ted due to his antics, he hopes to develop a bond with him.

Name: Jasper Wentworth
Role: Pokémon Trainer
Hometown: Viridian City, Kanto

Appearance: Jasper has jet-black hair. He wears glasses to fix his bad eyesight. He wears a red shirt and blue pants. He also wears a gray and green jacket over his shirt. The zipper on the jacket is orange. His shoes are black. He has natural brown eyes. He has light skin and a fairly muscular build. He stands at 6”3.
Personality: Jasper has a very complex personality. On one hand, he likes to make friends and goof around, but he also knows when to be serious. His personality is a little underdeveloped.
Brief Background: Jasper was raised by both parents. His father used to be the Pokémon League Champion, and he was raised to become a great trainer someday. His dad helped him with tips on what Pokémon he should try to catch. His father was a Fire-type user. When he became old enough, his dad allowed him to begin his journey as a trainer.
Other: Jasper is definitely going to have some character development, mainly in the personality area.

Pokémon
Nickname:
Red
Species: Charmander
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Scratch, Ember, Growl, Smokescreen (will learn new moves soon)
Backstory: Jasper picked Charmander as his starter when he began his journey as a trainer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've posted. Devon ins't going to be taking on this gym because I feel like it might slow the pace a little. If anyone wants to battle, he's back at Pewter Pokemon centre for those interested. If not, I'll have him fight an NPC trainer so that he doesn't get too far ahead - I want his pokemon to learn a new move here.

Strange, I figured we'd have a bigger lineup to challenge the gym leader. Although I am glad to see various events taking place so everyone's not just sitting around waiting for there turns.

Yeah, that's part of the reason why I had him go to train instead of wait around for the gym - that would just be boring haha. If i do want to have him fight Brock at some point. i'll just have him challenge Brock in another town since its shown often in the Anime that the leaders travel around the region too.

EDIT: I just read up on the rest of the thread. If these fossil Pokemon do get restored in Cerulean, I'd like to get a Tyrunt somehow, if that's ok with all of you. Maybe its too weak for team rocket (like, really weak) and they leave it somewhere because it isn't even powerful enough to sell even though it's rare, or maybe team snaggem get involved and in the chaos of them trying to takeover the Rocket HQ and steal the fossil pokemon the Tyrunt escapes and Devon catches it.

Last edited:
@SombreSkies, either of those ideas sound cool to me. You could also run into a wild Tyrunt or find a fossil in the area surrounding area. Maybe its teeth weren't fully developed yet so its Strong Jaw ability was useless so they didn't want it?

When I first wrote this roleplay, I created the perks for different roles so that not everyone would flock to the Trainer class. I was going to have Alex be a Coordinator, but seeing as I believe he would be the only one and the concept I had for how Contests works would be a bit lengthy to implement, I might just have him do Gyms. What do you guys thinks? Do we want to do Contests?

EDIT: Also, I'd like to add that anyone can feel free to create events at any time during the roleplay. This way people will have things to do while we wait around in the towns and such. If you want to come up with a situation for the characters to interact with, by all means, go ahead. (Within reason, of course.)

Last edited:
Is Jasper accepted yet? I added a bit more to the appearance and background. He is gonna have most of his backstory revealed in the RP, as well as his personality development.

@SombreSkies My character just arrived in Pewter and is currently at the Pokemon Center if you're looking for someone to battle. I wasn't really sure what to make him do while everyone else was battling.

Alright guys, I haven't played the Orre games, so I don't really know much about the character personalities and traits for the Snagem admins apart from what's on the Bulbapedia page. As a result, the dialogue that I write for them will probably be a little on the dull side. If one of you guys could control them, that would be awesome.

@Kumquats Feel free to challenge him! ItdI be fun to battle

EDIT: Going to write up a reply now, I'll have him fight an NPC trainer instead for the time being, sorry.

Last edited:
Alright guys, I haven't played the Orre games, so I don't really know much about the character personalities and traits for the Snagem admins apart from what's on the Bulbapedia page. As a result, the dialogue that I write for them will probably be a little on the dull side. If one of you guys could control them, that would be awesome.

The Orre villains really don't have personalities, which is par for the course in just about any pokemon game. Just establish a selfish motive, center the dialogue around "all your base are belong to us," and sprinkle a stupid laugh here and there. Trust me, that tentative Bulbapedia search has you all caught up on Gonzap now. I controlled him as you asked, but I honestly have no idea what he thinks he can do against the second-strongest trainer in the world. My post sets the scene, and I bluffed a lot, but you or Wapiti are gonna have to take this to its next stage.

Thanks for the help! I put up a post, but won't start advancing the plot quickly until Wapiti posts because I want his take on the situation. By the way, this is a little out of the blue, but @Pokemon Fanfiction Novels I just absolutely love your writing style; It's just so professional and enjoyable to read. The level of expertise that you demonstrate blows me away! Keep up the awesome work!

@Pokemon Fanfiction Novels, I was waiting on you and LFS because I'm not entirely sure what should happen either. I'm assuming that Snagem wouldn't just call Red to their base without some sort of trap in place. Maybe some sort of device that artificially alters humans the way Shadow Pokémon are created? I figure that if Pokémon can be controlled, why can't people? Many are seen to be way smarter than most humans. (For example, Alakazam.) If Team Snagem is able to control the strongest Trainers in the region, literally nothing is stopping them from doing whatever they want. Just an idea.

Honestly, I'm okay with whatever you guys come up with. I'm probably going to have Abby accidentally screw up the Rockets' mission.