• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Welcome to the World of Pokémon!: Kanto (Sign-Up/Discussion)

Yeah, I would say most of the characters should definitely travel forever. Also, I realize that I made it hard for players to move forward without everyone posting. If you'd like, you can have your characters return to the lab or create a rival/friend to interact with. The plot will pick up once everyone has their Pokédexes.

I agree. I was waiting for the others to post before moving ahead. If no one posts by tomorrow, we will have no choice but to keep going.

Ok this is cool. I’ve wanted to do something like this

Name : Kcel Jacklin
Role : Champion of Alola
Hometown : Twin Leaf Town, Sinnoh
Appearance : Kcel is rather tall. He is 6’7. He has brown eyes and navy blue hair. He has a buzz cut and two side burns which are also navy blue. His regular clothes include a dark blue t shirt with a black vest. He also wears a pair of blue jeans with lightning bolts on them. He wears a fang on his neck ( It’s not reall his mom gave it to him as a present ) and an orange and blue key ring on his wrist. He wears a pair of white and black Jordan’s
Personality : Kcel is and impatient extrovertive boy who loves making friends with both people and Pokemon. He is mainly positive and is almost always in a great mood. He tends to daydream a little and he’s kind of lazy but do not underestimate him. He the most powerful trainer in the Alolan Region.
Brief Backstory : As a child Kcel was raised in twin leaf town with his mother and father. His father was the 5th gym leader in sin oh but every weekend he came to spend time with his family. His father was the one who supported and inspireerd him to go on his journey in the first places. At first his mother didn’ Approve but eventually he found out that she was just worried about losing her son. Kcel loves Pokémon battles but when it comes to hand to hand combat, he’s mostly a pacifist. That being said he can fight when he needs to. He can also be slightly annoying but he knows when to stop.
Other : Kcel has always been a fan of Dragon type Pokemon and loved to make friends with them.
Pokemon
Nickname : Draco
Specias : Garchomp
Ability : Rough Skin
Moves : Aerial ace, Flamethrower, Draco Meteor, Dragon pulse
Backstory : As a Gible, he mostly lived at Professer Rowan’s lab. His best friend their was a Ralts. When Kcel first walked in through that door, Gible immediately tackled him to the ground and started licking his face. After this, Gible and Kcel were inseparable.

Nickname : Streak
Specias : Staraptor
Ability : Intimidate
Moves : Brave bird, Aerial ace, Close combat, Pursuit
Backstory : Starapter was first caught as a Starly. She was the first Pokemon Kcel ever caught. She was spotted fly around in the air so Kcel called out Gible and challenged him to a battle. However when Starly was defeated, he carried Starly in his hands and went to Professer Rowan. After receiving his pokeballs, Starly agreed to travel with him.

Nickname : Leaf
Specias : leafeon
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves : Solar beam, Shadow ball, Quick attack, Sunny day
Leafeon was first found as a shiny eevee. After Team Rocket tried to capture it and ended up getting foiled by Kcel, Eevee decided to join his team. On the unrelated note, this is also the day where Kcel earns his second badge and Starly evolves into a Staravia

Nickname : Bladed
Specias : Galade
Moves : Sacred sword, Drain punch, Leaf blade, Psycho cut
Backstory : The same Ralts who was friends with Gible missed him a lot and wanted to travel with Kcel, so when he came back to get help with Starly, Ralts stowawayed in his bag. Kcel found this out when the three of them ( Kcel, Gible, and Starly) stopped to eat and noticed that some of the food had been eaten. But ever since then, Galade had been a strong and valuable member of the team.

Nickname : Aqua
Specias : Floatzel
Ability : Water veil
Moves : Ice fang, Water pulse, Sonic boom, Aqua jet
Backstory : Just like Ash’s buizel, Floatzel was the toughest water type Pokemon in the area when was still a Buizel. And as a prank he liked to steal fisherman’s fishing rods. But with the help of Ralts who evolved into Kirlia and learned Magical leaf, they were able to defeat and capture buizel. And ever since then he’s also been a power house. He also like sparring with Galade from time to time.

Nickname : Toxi
Specias : Ariados
Ability : Swarm
Moves : Poison jab, Shadow ball, Foul play, Signal beam
Backstory : Technically, Kcel didn’t catch Aridos as a Spinarak. Spinarak actually caught himself and Kcel didn’t even know that he was there until he called out all his Pokemon. He was about to start training in th morning when he noticed the new Pokemon. It turns out, that while Kcel was sleeping, Spinarak was curiously investigating the Pokeball because it had never seen one before. This is what caused him to catch himself by mistake and be trapped. That being said Kcel still treated him like a member of the group and trained with him and they became friends. After a really tough battle at the seventh gym in sinnoh, Spinarak evolved into Aridos and finally perfected the move Poison jab.

Sorry this took so long but I wanted to do a full entire team. Let me know what you think

Alright everyone, sorry for the delays in posting. The holidays have kept me busy with traveling and visiting family.

@LFS, yes! We are still accepting!

@KC Decker: Denied, for now. Unfortunately, Kcel is too powerful for where we are in the RP. Most of the other Trainers are just receiving their first Pokémon or PokéDex. Unless he was in Kanto on a special mission, such as an agent investigating the evil team or something, I don't think he would fit into the story. Feel free to message me if you need some help with edits or ideas!

As for everyone else, I'd like this RP to pick up a bit, so I'm going to try to post more often.

@Blunt Imp and @The Kitsune, it looks like a few players are waiting on you guys to battle or not battle. (It is obviously up to your characters and their motivations.) Please try to post as soon as possible or, if you are unavailable, I can take over your character if you need.

Looks like we need a villain to spice things up!

Name: Walt Ruscit

Role: Team Rocket

Hometown: Celadon City, Kanto

Appearance: Walt has a small figure with short, jet black hair, though it is mostly covered by his hat. As a Team Rocket member, Walt wears the traditional all-black uniform with a large red “R” printed on the front. In addition to this, he wears a pitch black cap, akin to the old fashioned Team Rocket Grunts.

Personality: Like the rest of his team, Walt is very arrogant and persistent, doing whatever it takes to complete his mission. He is not completely devoid of feelings though, as he has trust and compassion for his Pokemon. His motives, however are somewhat different from his teammates though, as he is not causing trouble to please Giovanni, as he thinks the man is far too self-obsessed, rather to prove to the others that he is a capable trainer.

Brief Background: Walt was not always a man of evil, as he was previously an ambitious young man, wanting nothing else than to become a Pokemon trainer. He yearned for the day that he could finally receive a Pokemon and set off on his own journey. The fateful day finally arrived on his tenth birthday and he could hardly contain himself. While he was meeting with the esteemed Professor Oak about receiving a Pokemon, the professor’s assistant, who had just started helping out, was showing Walt’s parents all the Pokemon that the other trainers had left behind. Professor Oak had just started showing Walt a Pokedex, when suddenly, the young assistant came bursting out, tears raining down from his eyes. Walt’s heart sank as the teary assistant reported what had happened. Walt’s parents had been trampled to death by some douche’s herd of Tauros. Walt could not bear the tragic news, so he ran and ran and ran, abandoning his dreams about getting a Pokemon or being a trainer. Eventually, he was found by a member of Team Rocket, and was taken in and recruited by the organization, where his character was slowly shaped into one of absolute evil. Fast forward to the present….Walt had just been assigned to a post in Kanto’s Pallet Town. His mission? Ambush the professor and steal all the rare starter Pokemon.

Other: Walt secretly still yearns to one day triumph over the champion and be number one in Kanto.

Pokémon

Nickname: Drac

Species: Deino

Ability: Hustle

Moves: Dragon Rage, Bite, Focus Energy, Tackle

Backstory: Drac was entrusted to Walt by Team Rocket, as all new recruits are required to have a poison or dark type partner. Walt quickly warmed up to the little Deino and the two have worked tirelessly for the evil team ever since.

Alright everyone, sorry for the delays in posting. The holidays have kept me busy with traveling and visiting family.

@KC Decker: Denied, for now. Unfortunately, Kcel is too powerful for where we are in the RP. Most of the other Trainers are just receiving their first Pokémon or PokéDex. Unless he was in Kanto on a special mission, such as an agent investigating the evil team or something, I don't think he would fit into the story. Feel free to message me if you need some help with edits or ideas!

As for everyone else, I'd like this RP to pick up a bit, so I'm going to try to post more often.

@Blunt Imp and @The Kitsune, it looks like a few players are waiting on you guys to battle or not battle. (It is obviously up to your characters and their motivations.) Please try to post as soon as possible or, if you are unavailable, I can take over your character if you need.
This is KC DECKER. I get that being the alolan champoin was a bit much but could I make a new trainer that just travels around the regions like Ash or something???? I already have one in mind for the Kanto region and I could make it so he is just starting his journey and choosing his starter

This is KC DECKER. I get that being the alolan champoin was a bit much but could I make a new trainer that just travels around the regions like Ash or something???? I already have one in mind for the Kanto region and I could make it so he is just starting his journey and choosing his starter

https://pokecharms.com/threads/welcome-to-the-world-of-pokemon-kanto.20304/

I've got a couple of questions for you before I consider joining, to test the waters. If they come across as challenges, consider it a compliment. It means I consider you someone worth challenging, because you show the potential for it.

1. What was your endgame in making this roleplay? Did you design it with the intention to finish? Or did you have an itch to write some time ago, and made this thread because it felt right at the time? Pokemon Role Play has about 20 live RPs and 2000 dead ones, so I'd like to know what I'd be getting into, here.

2. Did you mean what you said about the Team Rocket Agent class, specifically the part about stealing other trainers' pokemon? Because I agree with LFS: villains spice things up, and conflict makes a plot. If you did, and if I fill out a profile to be accepted, know that my intentions are to go STRAIGHT for the rare starter pokemon of the honest Trainers. It's not like they'll have no chance to get their pokemon back if- when- I steal them, but I will use it as a tool for forwarding the plot. Perhaps anyone else who plans to be in this for the long term should voice their opinions on this as well.

3. Will you meet my condition for joining? It's a steep one, but if you accept me, I in turn need to accept you. My condition is a new post from you every day, every 24 hours. I will do the same. My goal, when joining a story, is to make it to the end of the story, and a daily posting habit is how I plan to get there. Each of us gets three strikes on this.

As you can see, I'm rather serious. Looking forward to your response.

Last edited:
I’m making a new trainer and hopefully this will work

Name : Tyrone Sable
Role : Trainer
Hometown : Pewter City, Kanto
Appearance : Tyrone wears a blue Baseball hat with a large T on it. He has an orange t shirt with a star on it and he has a blue vest with a red collar. He is 6’4 and has a Quiff for his hair cut ( If you do not know what a Quiff is then look it up ).
Personallity : Tyrone is calm, friendly, and loves to battle. He gets so pumped up and he puts all of his energy and emotion into his battles. He is extrovertive and stepping out of his comfort zone is easy because he doesn’t have one. He loves trying new things and likes to make new friends. But he is also cool.
Brief Backstory : As a child Tyrone found it easy to make friends with people and Pokemon. However despite being so easygoing he did have something tragic happen. His Mom died when he was 2. His Father has taken care of him for most of his life. But he was able to overcome grief with the help of his father and his Pokemon. His father was originally from Sinnoh so, as a kid He loved playing with his father’s Magby, Electabuzz, Luxio, and Infernape. His mother became a trainer at Tyrone’s age so this what inspired him to travel on a journey. He felt like he was walking in his Mother’s footsteps.
Other : Tyrone had always love electric types. He always wanted to meet and befriend them.

Pokemon

Nickname : Sparky
Specias : Jolteon
Ability : Volt Absorb
Moves : Thunderbolt, Dig, Signal Beam, Bite
Backstory : Jolteon used to be an Eevee and was Tyrone’s stater Pokemon. When Professer Oak was giving him a starter he gave him some Poke balls and told him to capture a Pokemon in the lab. That Pokémon just happened to be an Eevee. The two have been best friends ever since.

Nickname : Dusty
Specias : Sandslash
Ability : Sand Veil
Moves : Rapid Spin, Dig, X-Scissor, Rockslide
Backstory : Sandslash was caught as a Sandshrew and was the first Pokemon Tyrone ever caught. And Sandslash is still a very great member of the team.

Nickname : Flutter
Specias : Butterfree
Ability : Compound eyes
Moves : Stun spore, Sleep powder, Psybeam, Air slash
Backstory : Tyrone made friends with a Caterpie that wanted to protect his friends from a Pinsir. Tyrone helped the little guy by having him spar with Sandshrew and Eevee. During this training Caterpie evolves into Metapod and during the battle against Pinsir, Metapod evolved into Butterfree and learned Air slash. Then Butterfree took down Pinsir and after he left, Butterfree wanted to join Tyrone’s team.
Nickname : Shadow
Specias : Haunter
Ability : Levitate
Moves : Shadow claw, Will - o - Wisp, Shadowball, Thunder punch
Backstory : Haunter was found as as a Gastly in a spooky abandoned house. Gastly kept on playing pranks on Tyrone and when Tyrone found the cause Gastly apologized because it wanted to look for friends. Tyrone forgave him and ended up catching him.

Nickname : Azula
Specias : Dragonair
Ability : Shed skin
Moves : Dragon tail, Thunder wave, Flamethrower, Ice beam
Backstory : Dragonair used to be a Dratini and was given to Tyrone as an egg. By the time Tyrone was going to fight Blaine of the fire type gym, Dratini had hatched out of the egg and after some intense training it evolved into Dragonair at the Pokémon league
Other Pokémon include the following : Scyther, Muk, Tauros, Pikachu, Pidgeot
And for the record, if I join then Tyrone’s story starts when he first get’s Eevee.

Hello, Wapiti.

I've got a couple of questions for you before I consider joining, to test the waters. If they come across as challenges, consider it a compliment. It means I consider you someone worth challenging, because you show the potential for it.

1. What was your endgame in making this roleplay? Did you design it with the intention to finish? Or did you have an itch to write some time ago, and made this thread because it felt right at the time? Pokemon Role Play has about 20 live RPs and 2000 dead ones, so I'd like to know what I'd be getting into, here.

2. Did you mean what you said about the Team Rocket Agent class, specifically the part about stealing other trainers' pokemon? Because I agree with LFS: villains spice things up, and conflict makes a plot. If you did, and if I fill out a profile to be accepted, know that my intentions are to go STRAIGHT for the rare starter pokemon of the honest Trainers. It's not like they'll have no chance to get their pokemon back if- when- I steal them, but I will use it as a tool for forwarding the plot. Perhaps anyone else who plans to be in this for the long term should voice their opinions on this as well.

3. Will you meet my condition for joining? It's a steep one, but if you accept me, I in turn need to accept you. My condition is a new post from you every day, every 24 hours. I will do the same. My goal, when joining a story, is to make it to the end of the story, and a daily posting habit is how I plan to get there. Each of us gets three strikes on this.

As you can see, I'm rather serious. Looking forward to your response.

Hi there!

So to answer your first question, I would say a combination of both, speaking honestly. From the beginning, I had a basic skeleton for a longterm plot in my mind, though I like to leave it up to the players. While I do have a climax planned, how the characters move on from there is largely up to the members of the RP, as I personally believe that the GM taking too much control of the story leads to a less enjoyable experience, or at least it has for me in the past. I designed this RP more with a desire for storytelling than writing necessarily, and wanted to do it collaboratively. While I do plan to make an honest attempt to finish, it is not only up to me, but also the players.

Secondly, the Team Rocket class is able to steal other Trainers' Pokémon, though the victims and those around them are obviously able to counter the attacks. For example, if a player's character is robbed, I have my doubts that the others would stand idly by as this happens. I was hoping that people would want to play as villains, as I believe it leads some fun conflict scenarios (fun to write, and also to read) and would allow for themes of light vs. dark, which I planned to make a staple of this RP.

Unfortunately, while I would like to say that I can make an in-depth post every day, in reality, I cannot. I am a full-time university student, am involved in a long distance relationship, and enjoy a somewhat healthy social life, so obviously I have certain aspects of my life that take priority over the roleplay. However, as I stated in my last post, I plan to be far more active than I have been the past few weeks. So while I don't believe it will be possible for me to post every 24 hours, I do think that if other players are posting, it will allow for me to advance the plot or chip in the story on an ALMOST DAILY basis.

I hope this clears some things up. You bring up some very good points and I look forward to hearing from you!

@KC Decker, what kind of Trainer will Tyrone be? Does he plan to battle Gyms or is he simply traveling the region?

@LFS: Accepted!

Last edited:
I like you. Most everyone on here desires to tell a beautiful story, but I believe you'll make a more earnest effort. Still, I must insist on some mutual commitment to regularity in posting, if I'm to throw in my lot. If you cannot do 24 hours, which is understandable given your explanation, can you at least promise once every 48 hours? I'm willing to compromise up to that high, as it maintains habit while allowing a bit more wiggle room for "off" days. I wouldn't try to pin you down like this if I didn't think it was vital to the long game. What do you say? Can you give me once every two days?

@Pokemon Fanfiction Novels, I believe that I can give my best effort in posting every 48 hours, given that I am, of course, allowed a bit of leniency during busier times. (Exam weeks, weekends with a lot of travel, etc.) I hope you will consider signing up! :)

Alright. I'm in, if you'll have me.

CHARACTER 1
Name: Carter (no surname)
Role: Type Specialist
Hometown: Maiden's Peak, Kanto

Appearance: Carter is, for lack of better description, remarkably unremarkable. He sports a red-and-white sleeveless shirt, black pants, and a hat bearing the symbol of the Pokemon League. Those who bother to look him in the eye seem to forget his facial features soon after. For all intents and purposes, Carter blends seamlessly into any area designated for pokemon trainers.

Personality: Obsessive to the point of occasional tunnel vision, Carter has a crusade going to prove that ghost pokemon, when properly utilized, are the best type. They lack physical strength, elemental power, and the durability that other types enjoy, but Carter will argue to the death that true power lies in the imagination. He has gone so far as to swear off all other pokemon than the Gastly evolution line on his quest for eight badges.

Brief Background:
Carter claims he arrived from Johto, though there is no record of what boat he came in on, or who actually sponsors his League conquest.

Pokémon

Species:
Gastly
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Hypnosis, Lick
Backstory: An unremarkable-looking Gastly in Carter's keeping.

CHARACTER 2
Name: Tracer (no surname)
Role: Team Rocket Agent
Hometown: Violet City, Johto

Appearance: Tracer's only consistent feature is a pair of heavy-duty binoculars that he uses to spy out prey at a distance. Otherwise, he is a chameleon of disguise: a survival necessity to maintain the public illusion that Team Rocket is no more. He ranges from a six-foot-tall burly Sailor, to a four-foot-nothing old man with a cane, wrinkles, wheezy voice, and all. He owns a standard Team Rocket grunt uniform, but it is worn only at need.

Personality: Tracer nurses a deep-seated personal grudge with the general human desire to be independent and strong. As this is a primary motivating factor in most trainers that undergo the League challenge, he takes sadistic pleasure in successful theft of their rarest pokemon. He considers himself a predator, and so is rarely discouraged by failure, recognizing that it takes most predators several tries to catch their prey. Tracer also possesses what he fondly considers a "healthy" dose of paranoia- which is why he is never without smoke bombs, or an immediate exit strategy, should the need arise.

Brief Background:
Little can be said about a man so secretive as Tracer, except that he dwells around Ghost-type pokemon (like Carter), and is thus accustomed to fear. As a result, he has not become fearless, but rather, has utilized it for practical uses.

Pokémon

Species:
Gastly
Moves: Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Nightmare
Backstory: An unsung hero in his own right, this particular Gastly has maintained a certain old legend for centuries, despite living in a backwater town without proper marking on any given Kanto map. Abnormally wise for his species, he is one of the few pokemon capable of human speech, and is a master of many shapes and voices. His reasons for traveling with Tracer are mysterious even to his trainer, as he does not use a pokeball. Of late, he has attempted (with limited success) to teach Haunter theatrics for the purposes of replaying events.
Role: Spy

Species:
Haunter
Moves: Toxic, Mean Look, Shadow Punch, Thief
Backstory: The most fitting of Tracer's team as a Rocket Agent, Haunter is a kleptomaniac. He steals everything that strikes his capricious fancy, bidden or otherwise, to the point that he is almost more trouble than he is worth. He is often given to gloating afterward, in a less-than-subtle manner. Furthermore, Haunter habitually puts anything into his mouth that will fit, covering the object in ectoplasmic saliva. A poor battler, but an excellent thief, Haunter is limited only by the cold presence that sometimes betrays his near-perfect stealth.
Role: Pokemon snatcher

Species:
Gengar (UNAVAILABLE AT PRESENT)
Moves: Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast
Backstory: The absolute team powerhouse, Tracer's Gengar is currently being withheld from him, by authority of Team Rocket upper management. Perhaps it is being held as a test for him to prove his capabilities without its power. Perhaps it is being borrowed for other, more pressing Team Rocket matters. Perhaps it is a hostage, to ensure Tracer's continued fealty to Team Rocket. Come, now, you can't expect me to give everything away at once.
Role: Gym breaker

I'll stress one more time, to everyone participating in this roleplay who's not a Rocket Agent: if Tracer is accepted, Tracer is coming after you. I'll be happy to talk about it with you here, if this genuinely worries you. With me, it's about telling a story in the end.

Last edited:
(It has been forever since I've been on this sight but I really want to get back into RP's!)
Name: Jakobi Kennedy (age 17)
Role: Breeder
Hometown: Viridian City
Appearance: Pretty average height, clocking in at 5'9. Sports messy and slightly curly black hair with a tan skin tone. Brown eyes and slightly chubby physique, but sucking in his stomach he could appear somewhat fit. His fashion sense consists of several monocolored cargo shorts, t-shirts, and snazzy unbuttoned button-up shirts. With tennis shoes as well.
Personality: Pretty chill dude! He's not the one for huge ambitions to fire a passionate attitude. He's more of a glass-half-full kinda person who just wants to enjoy a pokemon journey. That being said, he still puts effort in when it counts, especially in battling. His main goal is probably to have his favorite pokemon be the strongest they can on the battlefield through egg moves and training.
Background: Used to live with his family on a Pokemon farm in Johto. Loved raising pokemon but at the same time loved to travel, so he refused to inherit the family business and become a successful breeder in his own. Before he left he hatched his partner to take with him and brought some other eggs for future buddies on his team.
Pokemon:
Nickname:
Chia
Species: Chikorita (Female)
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Acient power, Leech seed, heal pulse, Razor leaf
More info: More brave than graceful, often likes to run head first into battles. Still very Loyal, however.
Currently eggs:
Nickname:
Goofy
Species: Scraggy (Male)
Ability: Moxie
Moves: Drain punch, Dragon dance, Ice punch, headbutt
Details: As the name implies, this pokemon is one heck of a goof-off. He sure is strong but doesn't take battles seriously at first.
Nickname: Katana
Species: Karrablast (Female)
Ability: No Guard
Moves: Megahorn, Drill run, knock off, peck
Details: Most reserved and quiet one of the group. But extremely loyal, as it behaves as a knight would. It can get a little carried away making sure that their friends are safe, though.
Anyways, I hope I did this right, it took a while considering I did this on mobile. Thank you for your consideration!

Last edited:
How would everyone feel about creating a Discord group for the RP? I feel that it will be easier to discuss certain aspects and keep everyone updated.

Hi there!

So to answer your first question, I would say a combination of both, speaking honestly. From the beginning, I had a basic skeleton for a longterm plot in my mind, though I like to leave it up to the players. While I do have a climax planned, how the characters move on from there is largely up to the members of the RP, as I personally believe that the GM taking too much control of the story leads to a less enjoyable experience, or at least it has for me in the past. I designed this RP more with a desire for storytelling than writing necessarily, and wanted to do it collaboratively. While I do plan to make an honest attempt to finish, it is not only up to me, but also the players.

Secondly, the Team Rocket class is able to steal other Trainers' Pokémon, though the victims and those around them are obviously able to counter the attacks. For example, if a player's character is robbed, I have my doubts that the others would stand idly by as this happens. I was hoping that people would want to play as villains, as I believe it leads some fun conflict scenarios (fun to write, and also to read) and would allow for themes of light vs. dark, which I planned to make a staple of this RP.

Unfortunately, while I would like to say that I can make an in-depth post every day, in reality, I cannot. I am a full-time university student, am involved in a long distance relationship, and enjoy a somewhat healthy social life, so obviously I have certain aspects of my life that take priority over the roleplay. However, as I stated in my last post, I plan to be far more active than I have been the past few weeks. So while I don't believe it will be possible for me to post every 24 hours, I do think that if other players are posting, it will allow for me to advance the plot or chip in the story on an ALMOST DAILY basis.

I hope this clears some things up. You bring up some very good points and I look forward to hearing from you!

@KC Decker, what kind of Trainer will Tyrone be? Does he plan to battle Gyms or is he simply traveling the region?

@LFS: Accepted!
He battles Gyms. So will I be able to join the roleplay

Wow I've fallen behind, also are we allowed to find Pokemon from other regions within Kanto like Solrock? Obviously within an appropriate habitat.

Name: Grant Blaise
Role: Pro Trainer
Hometown: Lavaridge Town: Hoenn

Appearance: Grant has messy brown hair that does not work with product. His skin is slightly tanned and he has Jade green eyes. He usually wears a hlack hoodie and long sweatpants. His shoes are designed in Flygon colors
Personality: Grant is kind of derpy and funny. He likes to joke around and have fun. But Grant has seen a lot, and takes pride in his honor and won’t back down to a fight. He wants to be the very best ever. He’s also afraid of the Pokémon Cloyster.
Brief Background: Grant was for a while a very boring child. That was until Team Magma tried to take over Hoenn. He felt accomplished, having used his starter to defeat one Team Magma Grunt, and the minuscule achievement has stuck with him. He travelled to Kanto to see the world and all the wonderful things in it.
Other: He has a tendency to crush on girls

Pokémon
Nickname: Aqua
Species: Mudkip
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Water Gun, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Protect.
Backstory: Grant got Aqua when he was 12 when Professor Birch appeared in town with a Pokémon for all the kids coming of age. He took Mudkip because it was more quirky than the rest of the Pokémon. He brought it to Kanto with him to help him progress.

Hope that’s good enough!!!! :)

@KC Decker: Unfortunately, Tyrone is still too powerful. If you make him weaker so that he is on par with the other Trainers, you may join.

@Red Gallade, yup! As long as their habitat and their reasoning for being there is appropriate, you are free to catch any Pokémon in the National PokéDex. Obviously, rarer Pokémon will be harder to find.

@Cryronn the Mudkip: Accepted!

Heads up, Red Gallade. Tracer's coming for Brian's Ralts. I'll be posting again about this time tomorrow, so if there's anything you want to bring up about roleplaying kidnapping- er, dognapp- . . . pokenapping ahead of time, let me know before that.

Also, just a head's up for anyone who is not in the Discord, there is a rather large event that will be taking place at the festival involving the new mysterious character. Your character can choose to participate in it or not.