• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Welcome to the World of Pokémon!: Kanto (Sign-Up/Discussion)

Well, yeah, that's the natural reaction any protective trainer would have towards those threatening his pokemon. But I'm talking meta, here. To avoid bunnying/autoing in a player-vs-player fight, for instance, I was thinking one party would describe an attack he made, and its intention if it wasn't blatantly obvious. Then, in the next post, the other party would describe the outcome. For purposes of moderation and fairness, I'd prefer to keep to the rules of game mechanics in this respect: Quick Attack always hits first even if the other party's already described their own attack, moves with nearly 100% accuracy can't be dodged unless evasion tactics like Flash were used earlier, moves like Flamethrower do significantly more than Ember, et cetera.

That said, I'm playing the role of a Team Rocket Agent. Though I'll act by the rules of Pokémon universe logic and physics, my character is Lawful Evil. He will stop at nothing to get his hands on a rare Pokémon, no matter the cost. He is going to fight dirty.

What I meant by not ending well is the fact that Brian's usually a very helpful person, but can be very very cruel when angered and I think trying to steal his Pokemon will anger him a lot.

This looks fun, I'm gonna try and join!

Name: Olliver ( Ollie ) Thompson
Role: Trainer
Appearance: Olliver is 4 feet tall, has short brown hair, and always wear a light-blue baseball cap with a Pokeball on it. He also wears a half red, half white shirt, designed to look like a pokeball.
Personality: Olliver likes playing with his Pokemon, and is an owner of two pokemon. He is helpful towards others, but will battle away his weakest pokemon, being Pablo, if he loses.I
Backstory: Olliver comes from Alola, and traveled to Kanto, being the farthest region. He hated his family, who abused pokemon, and left as the last straw when they started hurting Pablo.
Other: He has a Riolu, but he left it with Kukui. He plans to trade an Rattata back for Kukui's research, in exchange for Riolu.
---------------------------
Pokemon

Nickname: Pablo
Species: Popplio
Ability: Torrent
Moveset: Water Gun, Bubble Beam, Dismaring Voice, Pound.
Backstory: Ollivers parents brought home an Pokemon they abused, it being a baby Popplio. Oliver ran away with it, vowing to find it a better home. Pablo is afraid of Olliver, so he wants to find a good trainer, that Pablo gets along with, and battle them, if they win, he will give Pablo to them, if he has another Pokemon by then. He has another Pokemon, but it's at home with the professor.

NIckname: Link
Species: Shiny Riolu
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset: Aura Sphere, Double Kick, Pound, Foresight.
Backstory: Link was Ollivers first Pokemon, and it knows human language. But, Olliver left Link with professor Kukui, so he can trade for him after catching a Rattata in the Kanto region.

Last edited:
@Lillipup07: To be a Trainer, I would have to ask you to limit your team to just one Pokémon, though there will be plenty of opportunities to catch more.

@Cryronn the Mudkip, to address your question on the main thread, most of the characters are either in Pallet Town watching the festival or out on Route 1 battling and catching Pokémon.

I forgot to write it, but for the record, Tracer's disguise has changed again. There's no more Yankees cap. He's pullin' an Agent 47.

EDIT: Also, in case anyone here wasn't already aware, now and then the system will forget to alert you that a new post was added to the thread. I've had it happen several times.

Last edited:
I plan on having Alex confront the man in the pea coat, so if he becomes aware of what is happening, I assume he will step in. Right now, he is kind of lost in the crowd.

Jakobi is probably going to try and help and stick around by Brian, as the pokemon thievery's would make him begin to lose some trust over anyone else who could be a suspect.

Y'know what? I was planning on posting tonight, but LFS has been silent for a couple of days. I'd like to hear his take on the situation before I go again, so I'll hold off a little, until tomorrow morning.

Hello, guys.
I know I have had a small inactivity for two days, completely school related. And today I will be busy with an audition process that will take up practically now til about 9 PM. I promise I will start regularly posting again after tonight. Thank you for understanding, and have a great day.

Sooo, what's happening in regards to Brian's Ralts, I feel like he was stolen and I'm kinda wondering if there'll be a rescue of some kind or Ralts tries to escape by learning Teleport or something which might be a bit much.

There may be a rescue in the long game, when Bryan inevitably has other encounters with Team Rocket. The bad news is that Ralts is locked down pretty tight via steel walls, Team Rocket guards, and an evil Claydol who knows both Imprison and Teleport already. The good news is that Ralts wasn't in a pokeball when he was stolen, which means he won't be artificially "turned" like those who were. The other bad news, unfortunately, is that he's in for the old-fashioned Team Rocket taming: the type which involves whips, cages, and shock collars.

This is the buildup for a vendetta story, and just because Ralts is virtually out of reach doesn't mean the story's over for him. It does mean that Bryan's probably gonna need a new pokemon for the present, and allies who sympathize with him, now that they know there's a very real threat of the same thievery happening to them. Nothing builds camaraderie like shared suffering and a common foe.

Let me state, for the record, that I hold no love for my character. He has a faulty worldview, and he is so deeply entrenched in it that all means are justified by its end. He snoops, he lies constantly, he takes what isn't his, he assaults without provocation, he is quick to blame, and he abandons even his own pokemon when they don't serve his interests. Even when he succeeds by his own definition, he is never happy. That said, he is swift and crafty, so it'll take some doing to bring him to justice. I'm all about that struggle of good versus evil.

Well when Brian reunites with his Pokemon, he'll be overjoyed. And when Brian finds the one responsible for the long separation, he will hurt him, badly. Which would show that Brian is nobody to anger.

Sry I haven't posted in a while, I've either been too busy or trying to make a good post. Also wondering what Pokemon Brian should find, bond with and catch whilst his Ralts is gone as well as how soon it'll be until he gets Ralts back. Personally, I prefer it be more sooner than later in the RP.

Hey! I'm pretty new to this roleplay site (although not new to roleplay), and I'd like to get involved with this. It looks pretty fun, and I hope you'll have me! My sign-up stuff is below ^-^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Devon Kahale
Role: Pokemon Trainer
Hometown: Tapu Village, Ula'Ula Island, Alola region

Appearance:

Devon is a young teen that stands at around 5ft 8, and is of a somewhat stocky build thanks to his pretty wild upbringing; the boy tends to keep his messy blonde hair in a quiff, but has been known to let it down when he’s too lazy to use hair products. Generally though, if he’s cold Devon will put on a beanie to help stay warm. Taking inspiration from Alolan culture, he usually wears some kind of patterned shirt on the top-half if his body that usually varied with its color and style. His favourite shirt to wear, though, is an icy blue colour with a black triangle pattern accenting the cuffs. Moving down his body, Devon tends to wear khaki shorts, although again depending on the weather he may switch to jeans or some other kind of pants in order to keep the cold out. To add to his tropical attire, Devon usually wears sandals on his feet but it isn’t unusual for him to switch things up and wear trainers either.

Personality:

Devon is very happy-go-lucky, and likes to take things as they come; he’s not one to dwell on the past, and often looks to the future. He has big dreams of becoming a great pokemon trainer, and can be a little excitable at times, although this can sometimes cause others to see him as annoying. Devon has a strong heart and a good sense of loyalty, but sometimes he can be a little biassed towards someone; he’s been known to support people who he’s friendly with even if they’re doing something wrong. Still, this doesn’t mean he’s immoral himself; Devon really cares for pokemon, especially his own, and if anyone wants to hurt them then he’s willing to go pretty far to make things right.

Growing up as an explorer who was always discovering new things across Ula'Ula, Devon is quick to try new things, even if they appear scary at first. He knows quite a lot about how to survive in the wilderness, and is usually pretty good at foraging for food or water when his own supplies are low. He treats his sandslash as a family member, mostly because their bond is so close already. Even though they’ve not known each other for long, Subzero was Devon’s first ever pokemon and the boy can’t wait to begin an adventure together.

Brief background:

Devon was born in Alola, in a small town looked over by Tapu Bulu, and as you’d expect his upbringing was nothing close to conventional. Growing up, the boy spent his spare time exploring his island, learning more about the local people and pokemon around him. He’d always liked pokemon, but was never too keen on leaving his island to go on an adventure; he’d never really met a species that he liked, and was too close to his family to ever consider leaving. Still, that didn’t last long. The older he got, the more Devon felt like finding the right pokemon partner and leaving for his own pokemon journey. He became angsty, and after leaving trainer school he decided one day to head out for himself with a couple of pokeballs and find the perfect friend. There were lots of pokemon about, but never had he seen or mat any that resonated with him; Drampa was cool, but looked really weird. There were some great water and ground types too, but they weren’t his thing either. Still, after a few hours of looking Devon found Subzero, his alolan sandshrew, and the two quickly became friends. After catching Subzero, Devon knew exactly where he wanted to go for his grand adventure. The kanto region.

The reason why was obvious, or at least he believed it was; he had heard that the Kanto region had some pretty incredible pokemon, and even a sandshrew that looked unlike his own! There were gyms there, as well as a full-functioning pokemon league. Despite how much he knew he’d miss home, Devon felt like leaving to kanto was what would be best for him; he could meet new friends, both pokemon and human, collect some shiny gym badges and go on adventures like nothing he’d ever experienced.

Other: N/A

Pokemon:

Nickname: Subzero
Species: Alolan Sandshrew
Ability: Snow cloak
Moves: Scratch, Defense Curl, Powder Snow, Bide
Backstory:

While looking for a pokemon to journey with, the sun shone down on a hot Alolan day. Almost too hot. Devon dashed into a cave after a few hours of exploring in order to try and cool off from the sun, however once inside he heard a strange sound. It was a sandshrew, who was clearly getting too hot from the heat of the sun. As anyone knows, ice pokemon shouldn’t get too warm, and Devon could see that it was in trouble; thinking fast, the boy poured water on the pokemon, but it only really cooled it down a little. He knew he had to cool it off even more, and so did what he thought was best; took it up to mount Lanakila. He took a trek up there and almost froze, but the pokemon soon regained health and began cooling off finally. While checking up on the sandshrew, Devon made eye contact with it, and it was clear that the sandshrew didn’t want to leave his side after he had worked so hard to save it. The boy touched the sandshrew’s head with a pokeball he’d brought with him, and...subzero was caught!

Nickname: Spring
Species: Deerling (spring form)
Ability: Sap Sipper
Moves: Tackle, Camouflage, Leech seed, Double kick
Backstory:

Devon met Spring in a flower field in Viridian forest. She hit him with a tackle to the head, but after seeing how strong she was Devon decided to catch her. He fought with Subzero, and eventually managed to whittle down Spring's HP to a point where she was easily captured. After throwing a premier ball, Devon managed to catch the Deerling and they've been friends ever since.

Last edited:
@SombreSkies: You're accepted!

Also, just a heads up for everyone, in Pewter City there will not only be a Gym but also a Contest Hall. I plan to spend a bit of time on this as, being it's the roleplay's first Contest, we will have to see how it plays out.

Sry I haven't posted in a while, I've either been too busy or trying to make a good post. Also wondering what Pokemon Brian should find, bond with and catch whilst his Ralts is gone as well as how soon it'll be until he gets Ralts back. Personally, I prefer it be more sooner than later in the RP.

I'd say that ball's in your court. Now that Tracer's closed the deal on Ralts, I hadn't planned on writing anything further about it. What sort of other pokemon would you want on a long-term team? An Oak starter? An uber-bug from Viridian Forest? Another Ralts that would take the Gardevoir path?

So, Im all caught up on the thread now and was wondering, would you guys be ok with me having Devon be one of the trainers at the bottom of the pit? I feel like it could be a good way to bring him into things.

@LFS, I noticed a typo in your last post. The characters are in Viridian Forest, not on Route 1.

I have decided to commence another event in Viridian Forest, but it will be a shorter one. Once the scene with the pit is over, I'll begin it.

I wanted to ask, are there posting orers on this site? Do I have to wait for the person before me to post before I post again, or can I just post at any time?