• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Welcome to Pokécharms!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome! It's been a long time coming, but we've finally opened the new Pokécharms for business. With this new set of software, we hope to return Pokécharms to the way it was originally envisioned: the singular place for creative Pokémon fans to gather, create and share fan works of all kinds, whether that be artwork, sprite work, articles, fiction, poetry, trainer cards, or anything else you can think of.

We're also an established Pokémon community in our own right - we've got ten years of history, most of which has been restored to our forums and news systems, and we have an active chatroom and forums for discussion. We also have the Cryptidex, a community around the new Generation VI Pokémon and mechanics revealed in the run up to Pokémon X and Y and beyond.

We've got lots of new features to explore, including:

[URL='http://pokecharms.com/creative-corner/']Creative Corner[/URL]

The Creative Corner is a brand new feature that is designed as the cornerstone of the new Pokécharms - it's a central place for Pokémon fan works, and currently supports visual works - drawings, photographs, sprites, or anything else expressed in image form - and written works - fiction, poetry, essays, or anything else you create with words.

Right now the Corner is very minimal in functionality, but we hope it'll eventually grow to be the best place for fan works in the Pokémon community.

Trainer Card Maker 4

The Trainer Card Maker has been redesigned with a brand new interface and several new features. The biggest one is the ability to permanently save trainer cards to your profile for long-term storage. These cards can be easily embedded around the web, and you can link them anywhere on the internet. As a bonus feature, Pokécharms members can Like your saved Trainer Cards to show their appreciation.

Improved admin controls means we can update the Trainer Card Maker more easily and more often. We've got several new backgrounds and sprites included in this update, including a set of mono-type backgrounds contributed by @StellarWind Elsydeon, and we'll be adding more in the next few days.

Improved Profiles

We've got loads of new profile features to try out - log in and click your username in the navigation at the top of the screen to explore it! Try following people and posting on a user's wall - you can try it out by posting on mine, @Teapot, if you wish, or by posting a status update from your user menu.

Most things on Pokécharms can be Liked. Try Liking things! We like Likes.

Tagging

You'll see this done in this article a couple of times already, but in various areas of the site you can tag someone by typing a @ and then their name. For instance, to tag me you can type @Teapot.

This is barely scratching the surface of the features we've got lined up, and we'll be turning more on and showing more off gradually throughout the week. Watch this space!

Last edited:

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I must say Teapot, you went well beyond my expectations. I was expecting things to be different but this... this is different! That isn't a bad thing, not at all, it'll just take some getting used to and some exploring to get a handle on all of the new features available to us. So far I'm liking it. You've out done yourself and the results are remarkable! :)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I'm so excited for this like oh my gosh. Being able to see the old threads is so nostalgic and everything and even if everything is different, it's still like fun and cool and ndsuvhdfsvys <333 But yeah, it will take some getting used to, but it's still great~

I came back just now, and suddenly I see all this. It's scary, but it looks like things have been busy while I was absent. Not enough green in my opinion, but I'll certainly come around. Hope to continue exploring what this upgrade has to offer.

When I heard about this back around 'Charms Day, I was expecting something amazing, but this? This is a masterpiece! I can't wait to use some of the new features, such as TCM4, and exploring the new and improved Pokecharms. Excellent job, guys!

Last edited:
Wow, I'm really loving this so far and I'm thrilled with how it looks. Time for me to do some exploring since I got all of my posts back. Down memory lane I go~

This is definitely great, I wanna congratulate all the staff on the update! The site looks great guys. I had sorta forgotten all about the oncoming update so logging on was a pleasant surprise ^^;