• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Virgil's MS Paintings and iScribbles

80527112.gif
Woo woo, Jumpluff. I've wanted to draw one for a long while now, but every time the thought of their little cotton balls makes me give up on it. Well, I actually followed through with an attempt just now and I think it turned out ok.

Aww, looks like a very happy water ballon.

Your Pokemon drawings are coming out really well, but the Wormdon still looks a lot like a pizza to me :p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I love the Swalot/Drifloon fusion, the heart shaped markings are a nice touch and a cloud hat has to be made of win XD

I like how you did Jumpluff's cotton spore things, or whatever they are. It looks fluffy ^^

Chatot looks like he's done something rather naughty and has almost gotten caught. Nice colouring on him, he's very bright. I like his little legs for some reason, they just looks so cute XD

Thanks for the comments, Magpie :)

Some crappy drawings I did last night:

41010741.gif
Rotom.

22343474.gif
Hoppip.

Guess I pretty much have to do Skiploom at some point.

EDIT: YOUGE NEWS.

From March 19 until the 21st, Toys R Us stores across the US will be handing out event Ludicolos, which, in Platinum, can unlock Ludicolo's Francais forme. Here is a Corocoro scan of the official artwork:

88850257.gif

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I love how Hoppip looks like he's looking at the text below him and planning on eating it XD
His expression is awesome. I also think you did a great job on the shading, like Tatile said, the leaf-shadows are a nice addition.

Rotom looks so shiny ^^
I like how you did his ghosty/electric aura

Thanks you two. :) I wasn't sure how the leaf shadows looked, but I ended up just leaving them 'cause they were a pain to fix.

http://www.iscribble.net/gallery/drawing140348-ATTACK-OF-THE-CUTE-POKEMON.html

Just gonna link to this, something I did on iScribble earlier. I take credit only for Drifloon, Cleffa, Spoink and Unown J, the rest were done by others. If you're wondering, I think it was Scribz who did that awesome Chimecho on the bottom left.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
It won't open for me, it just says 'The requested document was not found on this server.'

It might just be my computer though

Aw, that means it got deleted, it's not just your computer. Luckily, I am prepared and have a back up copy. Voila:

91aznn.jpg
Again, Spoink, Drifloon, Unown J and Cleffa are the only ones I am taking credit on.

Virgil, your style is awesome. It is very cartoony, but in a good way. The Sky Forme Shaymin is my favorite of the bunch. I just love the expression.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I must say that out of all the Pokemon on there, I like Cleffa the most XD
It's just so cute looking squished in the top corner like that ^^

The other drawings by you are all cute and well shaded as usual, especially Spoink. The shading on his orb is perfect and I love how you did his spring, it's very well drawn.

As for the other drawings, I love the Skitty and Chimcho, but I'm not overly keen o the styles shown by the others.
Nice work as usual, Virgil ^^

Thanks for the comments :) And I remember that spring took me like a million tries to do. I finally just... Well, did it, I guess, lul.

Today I bring you some pictures, as in photos, as in camera's waste product. They're not great, but they're ones I like enough to put on here. Also, a lot of them are big so I'm just linking to them.

Here's my dog. She waited by the fence to the woods behind my house when my brother and I went in on one of the three woodland adventures we had over February vacation. I thought it was a cute gesture so I took a picture.

Here's a chipmunk. When we were in the woods on our aforementioned adventure, my brother and I, well I think it was me, saw a chipmunk hiding in his little tree stump. He was scared but we got close enough to take pictures before he got cold and went inside his lil house. He was cute too. :D

Here's my brother in a tree. He is a crazy boi.

Here's my brother in an actual tree. He told me to take a picture of him blowing up a black balloon while he was in a tree, but I decided to take the picture early while he was still climbing up. I liked the outcome more than the actual picture of him and the balloon.

Here's my neighbor's puppy. I have a whole bunch of pictures of my neighbor's puppy 'cause I guessed that she wouldn't be very cute when she got bigger. Sadly, I was sort of right... ::) She's a lot bigger now and not fluffy anymore.

Here's the last one. It's a painting I did in my spare time in class, and it sucks. I'm still learning, and I have improved since the time I did this, but not by much. Drifloon and Swalot are like the only two Pokémon I can create from memory, and they used the same colors really so it worked out. Yes, that's Flapjack. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
You live in such a beautiful place! All the backgrounds in those pictures are wonderful. I adore your Dog, she looks very cute. Wild Chimpmunks... that's just not fair. I wants them XD

All in all, very nice pictures. I used to love climbing trees when I was younger. Still do love it really, I just don't get many opportunities these days. And now, onto the painting ~

I think it brilliant. You have a nice gentle-looking style. The brush strokes are nicely done too, methinks you're far better than you seem to think you are. Nice shading. The Drifloon in the right hand corner is really well painted and coloured. Seriously, it's very good!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
^^

I really like that first picture. I love that time in the day/evening, when the trees are all just black silhouettes against the lovely deep shades of blue. Very pretty ^^

And the pic of the frozen grass is well taken. The grass looks really spiky. Love how you captured the light too.

Thanks Magpie :)

57881550.gif
Just a really quick doodle I did on Paint just now. It's a Spinda I've been drawing all day in school, I named him Toybox 'cause his spot pattern is just a little box.

If I haven't already said this, Spinda is my favorite Pokemon but I never draw them because they're too hard for me. Well, today I decided to practice and can now draw them well enough to do one on Paint and post it here. :p

Sorry for not posting for a while, darn compy troubles. 'Nyways, Toybox is cute. And I love Spoink from the iScribble dealymobob. Being lazy, I'll just say that french Ludicolos are mega-lolz and practice makes perfect. End.​

Aw, thanks Rayn. And it's nice to have you back :D

16lircx.png
Here's a crappy Swablu I made on iScribble a while ago, she's with a Spinda egg. I was gonna just erase it but I decided to save it.

Swablu's not bad, I adore her fluffy wing/clouds/medealers. Spinda egg looks probably like what a Spinda egg should look like, with all the swirlies and junk. And for some reason I love the background, it's kinda like a cloth or something.​

I thought I should make something for Silver Magpie, because she's been very supportive of this thread and I wanna congratulate her on her recent shift in status :p So I first tried to make a Manectric, but they are really hard to draw >:|

So then I thought, "Hey, I remember seeing a post by Magpie in the Platinum team thread saying that she was going to play through with her favorites! I'll just go find that post and surely I can draw at least one of those favorites." So I tried Miltank, and again failed.

So I tried a third time and made...

55778167.gif

A Murkrow :D

Hope you like it, Magpie, and congratulations again!

Well...a Murkrow is sort of like a magpie, right? They like shiny things!

*mumbles* So do I... *steals shiny objects*

I like how cartoony it looks. The expression is major win!

Thanks for the comments everyone and I'm really glad you like it Magpie :) And Murkrow and I would both love if you printed her out.

"Y'know, I'm really bummed that they never aired the Jynx episode in America. I mean, come on, would anyone really be THAT offended?"

"Actually, yes. I can think of one person off the top of my head..."

"Really? Who?"

64721500.gif

"Regibigot: Legendary Douche."

lol. That's amazing. There's waaaaay to many of Regibigots in the world. Srsly. How they get offended so easily is beyond me. Kinda looks like he's flipping you off... just saying if that was unintentional, I mean, he only does have three fingers.

Daww, I love Chalkloon. Your style = great on black top. And the shadow there makes it look cool too, like your all gangsta. ...With Pokemon lol.
[size=2pt]I need to talk some pictures of me chalk board...[/size]​

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I used to love drawing with chalk. I remember my neighbours getting really mad at my parents once when I was five, because I'd spent the day drawing all sorts up the entire length of my road on the path. They said I should have been stopped XD

Loving your Chalkoon as Rayn called it, he does go with your shadow really well. I love how he looks like he's wrapped around your arm. So cute ^^

I think its cause it evolves into wishcash or its the only eel like pokemon anyway i think you made baboach twice as cute then as they putrayit in the game!

:p Thank you, Saya. It's true, they don't look very cute in the game.

57418498.gif

I'm sure you're all familiar with this one...

It's America's favorite Ghost bug...

Shirley!

Lul she'd have been just a Shedinja but then I felt like adding a bow so now she's Shirley.

XD if only it didnt have only 1 hp and if only they had the ability to add a bow to your pokemon with out the contest anyway XD *hugs the shedinja* like such a girl form of it XD so cute

Yeah, Barboach is a bit cuter than it is in the game. My brother won a Master Cute contest with one and called it "Ugly". The caption on the picture is pretty funny. Bawwoop. Barboach are so cute.
Shirley's adorable. Looks like she's gossiping to some other Pokemon or something.
...Is it just me or do bows and candy that have ties on the end look a lot alike?

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I've always liked Barboach. Not enough to ever have one on my team or anything, but I've always found them to be rather cute. I love the shading on this one, Virgil! It's perfect and makes him look shiny, like a fish should be. Very awesome.

Same for Shirley. She looks so cute with her little pink ribbon. Made me smile when I saw her ^__^

Awesomeness as usual!

Thanks you guys :D And I can see what you mean, Rayn, I almost just made the bow a piece of candy instead.

6jcyfp.png

This one's not finished, but I'm proud of it so I'm posting up a lil sneak peek right now n_n

It's a collaboration, my friend and I made this on iScribble. She did the top Luvdisc, the Buizel and the Wooper we both kind of did (she did the line work, I colored it and did the face).

I'll most likely add some coral to the background or somethin', it's too plain right now.

i like how its turning out i think the way you have the luvedisc are cute and you have the barboach in it as well 0_0 X3 piece o unfinished art XD

Woah, I love the shading on the unfinished pic. It's like you're actually underwater with the sun filtering down on them, and the shadows on the ground look neat too. Coral would be nice in the background, can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished.​